Random Image

carshow4.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:49:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

A big welcome to Amulet

Started by so_P_bubble, April 10, 2021, 02:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Welcome to  Amulet!! to
Seniors and Friends!

I think you'll like it here.  We are a friendly enough bunch  ;)  If you need any help just give a shout. :2funny:

Looking forward to seeing your posts, and if you'd like to share, we'd be happy to see your photos as well, Amulet  :thumbup:

Amy

Hello and welcome Amulet.

We are a friendly bunch here and if you need any help just holler and help will be there.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amulet

Thank you @so_P_bubble and @Amy. I have to get the lay of the land. Each site is a little different.  I'm looking for friendly, caring folks.  I'm an artist and an author and live in a rural setting with my hubby and cat.  Hope you are well.

patricia19

Good morning, & greetings, Amulet, from Alaska's Arctic Interior!

Hope to see a post soon. There are great folks in the Soda Shop and many other forums on site

Amulet

Quote from: patricia19 on April 10, 2021, 01:34:26 PMGood morning, & greetings, Amulet, from Alaska's Arctic Interior!

Hope to see a post soon. There are great folks in the Soda Shop and many other forums on site

Thank you patricia19.  I didn't get a notice that you had responded, so apparently I need to set things up differently.  I live in Oregon.

Amulet

I can't figure out how to start a thread. 

patricia19

Go to Forum, on the top next to Home on the left. Click on a site you'd like to visit, then click on reply. When you are replying and see how the various conversations are going, post your answer. Most people prefer a larger, bold print to read.  Hopefully, tonight when Bubble returns, she can set you up further. We don't have threads, but you can ask her to set up a new topic site.

Amulet

Quote from: patricia19 on April 10, 2021, 04:27:01 PMGo to Forum, on the top next to Home on the left. Click on a site you'd like to visit, then click on reply. When you are replying and see how the various conversations are going, post your answer. Most people prefer a larger, bold print to read.  Hopefully, tonight when Bubble returns, she can set you up further. We don't have threads, but you can ask her to set up a new topic site.
Thank you.  I thought I was just being dense.  So I can't just start a topic.  Interesting.

so_P_bubble

The preferred font size is usually bold 4. Soda Shoppe is the most visited discussion and you can get to know most members there. The Photos Now and then (in the index: Photo and more) is where you may post photos and graphics - which is not allowed in most other discussions - sized to about 100Kb, 800 pixels on the longest side.

Tell us more about you, hobbies, interests. Are you a painter, a ceramist, a sculptor, or...?   

Amulet

Quote from: so_P_bubble on April 11, 2021, 02:54:43 AMThe preferred font size is usually bold 4. Soda Shoppe is the most visited discussion and you can get to know most members there. The Photos Now and then (in the index: Photo and more) is where you may post photos and graphics - which is not allowed in most other discussions - sized to about 100Kb, 800 pixels on the longest side.

Tell us more about you, hobbies, interests. Are you a painter, a ceramist, a sculptor, or...? 

Thank you. I'm a painter, acrylic on canvas. I have a website that displays some of them. I paint and design the cover art for my books. I love wild critters.  We have all kinds of them here.  Right now my husband and I are nursing a couple of wild turkeys back to health.  They both have foot injuries.  The vet was nice enough to prescribe penicillin for them.  We cut up bread bits, shake them in the powered penicillin and feed the bits to the turkeys.  They are really smart birds, sentient as well. We have also befriended the deer here. I sew on occasion.  I have knitted and crocheted.  Mostly my vocation is my avocation.  Once upon a time I trained to do something else, but the writing would not leave me alone.

For some reason the font didn't come out right.  I put in the size four.  I'll get it right yet. 

so_P_bubble

First click on bold and size 4, then write between the brackets, where your cursor is already.

You can post your website in your profile,  if you want to let members visit it.

Amulet

Quote from: so_P_bubble on April 12, 2021, 12:57:29 PMFirst click on bold and size 4, then write between the brackets, where your cursor is already.

You can post your website in your profile,  if you want to let members visit it.

Thank you. The problem seems to be in part the order in which I do things. When I realize I've probably done it wrong, I try to correct it after the fact. Like this time I forgot the bold, even though you had just said it.

so_P_bubble

If you knit and crochet you might want to visit the Yar, Needles and crafts discussion

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?topic=40.msg195913#msg195913

Amulet

Quote from: so_P_bubble on April 12, 2021, 01:09:24 PMIf you knit and crochet you might want to visit the Yar, Needles and crafts discussion

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?topic=40.msg195913#msg195913

Thank you.  I rarely do it now because of arthritis in the hands.

so_P_bubble

Same for me!  I used  to knit lots for babies, as present and for sale.