Random Image

fe cropped

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:34:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 15, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, January 14, 2021, 11:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Thank you for the birthday wishes, no party here. I've been busy doing laundry because I knew my sons were busy today & daughter in the DC area where her daughter & family are living.
Having trouble believing this is really January because I missed Thanksgiving & Christmas... what happened to the holidays???? It seemed like only a few weeks ago my brother died and it will soon be a year. One thing for sure, I am a year older (86) and today feeling every year.

Joy, happy you are feeling better. Tome, glad you explained about having to "cook" the cereal, it has been a long time since I fixed it but since so many cereals are now microwave cooked, I was afraid my memory was failing.

Amy, that's the kind of snow we had, heavy & wet & perfect for making a snow man or snow balls, but didn't have anyone to play with. I did clean my driveway off but could have waited, the other driveways melted off in a couple days.

Cats are waiting to be fed again. I didn't walk down to the river with them so they will pout. Washer is waiting for me to put clothes in the dryer so better move, have 3 more loads I hoped to get done today but not done. Bad me....

JaneS

:hb3: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHIRLEY! I HOPE YOU HAVE LOTS MORE!

jOY, so glad you're feeling better.  and SANDY, nice to see you!  And nice to see all the regulars.

Today was not an easy day around here.  Lots happening that invades the thoughts as the day goes on.  And I'm trying to get the curtains all ironed and back up.  I've been told, in no uncertain terms that I have to stop climbing on ANYTHING!  Cathy says she's happy to do anything she can to help me continue living in my house but if I fall and break something else, that might not be possible.  I wonder how it would be if we all just had a button that would make our arms longer when we needed it and normal when we don't? 

I'm really tired tonight so as soon as I can take Mickie for last outie, I'm going to do that and then head for the haystack.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy, germ-free tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley you keep on running and I will keep chasing you. I turned 83 the 27th of august. Is today your birthday?

Lloyd

patricia19

Lloyd Hammond

so_P_bubble I doubt anyone get's tired of your post. I read but my short term memory lets me down. what I need help with getting a document off my desk top and post it here. someone told not to post my email address here I do not have yours or I would put it in email and send it to you, if you could help. when our son got killed someone sent it us. title is tomorrow. I copied it and took it to pictures and put a fancy border around it, and collared it Gold and put it on photo Paper, and give or send copies to folks that lose loved ones. but so far I can not post it here. even tho it has ben here in the Past. I seam to have the dumb head any more. used to have a thing called cross Lupe, I do not know how to do that either.

Lloyd

so_P_bubble

Lloyd, I sent you my mail address in a email to you.

But if you click under my avatar photo, on the little envelop, a mail will reach me as well.

Lloyd Hammond

good morning everyone, well it is at it again. losing post's.

(Lloyd, I sent you my mail address in a email to you.

But if you click under my avatar photo, on the little envelop, a mail will reach me as well.) this Is a copy and it worked copy and paste.

so_P_bubble I will try again to try again, amd send you a email telling you what I want to do. I know it has been posted in the past

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

so_P_bubble I clicked like i think you said and got my address to me.
what i want to do is coppie document of tomorrow in here in S & F that is on my desk top show's in the background on my laptop. I got it here originally here in S & F and took it to paint I think and put a border around it and collard it
gold. I will try to coppie and send you a email.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning

Seems that Mr Snow Blower wants another dance..not a lot of snow to deal with but it does need to be removed. Really can't complain as we have been so lucky this year  in not dancing our legs off!

We had 19 doves at the fed yesterday , what a difference between them and the Jays. Doves just carry on eating while the Jays will eat, fight, than start eating again.

Didn't take the garbage away so that will be done today. and then rest..

Jane, you listen to Cathy!! You know she doesn't mind helping  and think of the fun you two can have when together.

Time to get my dancing clothes on..

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  This is going to be a quickie because Mickie is ready for her walk and I'm not even dressed yet.  And after I do get dressed, I have to finish ironing the curtains so when Frankie comes over she can help me put them back up.

I wish you all a good day....better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

phyllis

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHIRLEY! :wave2:

A day late, I'm afraid, but still well meant.

Cold here but clear, for a change.  Had a few snow flurries yesterday but nothing stuck so no dancing for anyone here.

Good to see all of you posting yesterday and nice to hear that you are feeling better, Joy.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

SHIRLEY https://www.jacquielawson.com/ecard/pickup/rf443a5cb733e4e51b6939f21ad532da5?source=jl999&utm_medium=pickup&utm_source=share&utm_campaign=receiver

good afternoon everyone, Had this almost finished and it went away. I do have so much  trouble wi th his computer no mat ter what  I t ry  to do.

AMY  have not heard any news so don't know how much rain we had but if it was snow migh t have been from 8-12". I love it when the trees and wires and every thing is covered with snow and looks so clean and beautiful. Don't think no matter how old I get I will never be tired of seeing the snow. I love to set inside or out on the porch wathing it fall.

BUBBLE I had saved a lot of my work before I sent it to Photo Bucket. I will have to check what I did and saved. With so many new people around they most likel;y never saw them. They sure are not as complicated wit h the backgrounds like you are doing now that make me want to try them. I wonder if I should spllurge on a new comput er and get rid of any thing HP. I have had nothing but trouble with this one.

JANE  when I found the PSP folder in SN i enjoyed seeeing wha t I saw unt ill Agnes did a windmill with the light moving. Now that  fascinated that somone could do that on their personal computers. BUNNIE encouraed me to download a PSP trial and tha t got  me hooked.

TOEMREADER  I seldom use my microwave, ra ther hea t on he s tove. I alwas use a bigger pan than needed and the same with a bigger bowl when I use the microwave. Bot h shoulders don't work good and I don't have much strength in with either arm. Cannot even s tand at the st ove long enough to fry an egg. When I comes to eating my CNA does the cookin‌g for me and most of the housework. I get around wi th a rollator so no need for a nursing home yet .

JOY  my doctor does not like prescribing meds unless really needed. She did  take 4 away that  other doctors prescribed and I was happy with that. This one has done more for me in  the 5 years I have been going to her than 2 others I had for 20 years.

LLOYD  I have  trouble remembering things  these days, people  tell me it  is because I have so many things s tored in my brain it is hard getting the right words I need.

SANDY  we have not had a  temperature down to zero and lower in several years here and for this part on New England that is hard to believe. Kids here used to be on the frozen ponds skating from the first of November.  Still not frozen yet.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

good evening everyone.  Gloria between the head knocks and old age I have a hard time, getting out what I want, thank you for the card you posted for Shirley hope she don't mined we read it. it was beautiful' Good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm sorry my posts today are short.  I've had a really hard day today.  My son was tested a week ago for covid because of his association with a guy who works for him who had it.  The test came back negative but for a couple of days he was feeling ill and called the Dr. back and the did a more extensive test on him and it came back last night positive!  I'm having a hard time dealing with this.  There is nothing I can do to help him.  I fear for him and I love him!  All I can do is pray and cry!  Please pray for him! His name is Phil.

Amy

Jane, prayers coming your way for Phil for healing and you for peace of mind. He will get through this,he is your son and if he is anything like you :smitten: ......this will not stop him!!  Again prayers for you both..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Jane, so sorry about Phil and hope he has a mild case. Tell him my best advice is to give in to whatever sounds good to eat and sleep as much as he can. I do believe our bodies heal better when we just give in to what "the body" wants. My daughter is visiting her daughter & family & tomorrow her 4 year old gr-daughter will be tested since one of her schoolmates tested positive. My daughter will be 65 in 10 days, has Crohns but right now in better shape than she has been for years. I still worry about what IF she tests positive & being so far from home. Prayers for your son, hopefully this nightmare will be over soon, just like it was all those years ago with polio.

I'm off to bed early, like Jane, been a stressful week. Sweet dreams to all and God Bless.

Gloria, that was a darling card & brought memories of skating on the ponds & creeks and how a leaf or stick frozen in the ice could make you do a flip so fast! Fun times! Thanks.

Denver

Sunday night HELLO to all. 

JANE, I am so sorry to read that Phil has tested positive for the Covid virus.  I will pray for him and for you, as it is as hard on mama's as it it our kids.  Many folks have had the virus and manage to come through it in no time, and I certainly hope and pray that Phil is one of those.  Of course, there is also the concern for the family, so I will also pray that they will not get it. 

We are still doing everything we can to find out where we can get vaccinated, however it is looking like it may be awhile as there is evidently a shortage of vaccines.  I have not been face to face with anyone since Christmas Day and Bob has only been in a pharmacy a couple of times and a couple quick trips to the grocery store. 

Our youngest son and daughter-in-law dropped off a surprise for us yesterday.  Of course he just dropped it on the door step and ran so we would not see him😩. They brought us a cute box with goodies from Whole Food for a nice happy hour.  Three nice cheeses and a couple of packages of fresh sliced salamis or something like that as well as crackers and two nice brochettes spreads.  Very sweet of them...but I sure wish they had let us SEE them from a distance and say HELLO.  I so miss seeing any of our family face to face😩😥

Like everyone......I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS COVID TO END!

Yesterday I spoke on line to friends that some of you might remember....The Thomas's from Perth Western Australia?  Eugene and Daughter Nadia. Nadia sent us a nice Christmas Card and a beautiful calendar with pictures from their area.  I was sending her a thank you and accidentally hit a button that called her.....I hung up right away, as I thought it might be in the middle of the night there.  Luckily, it was morning and she called me right back.  During our conversation we discussed Covid 19, and I do not know if any of you know this but Australia has pretty much NO Covid at all.  They shut things down n immediately and nipped it in the bud right away.  We could have done the same thing IF we had reacted like they did immediately......oh how I wish we had😩😤😡

I hope you all had a good Sunday.  Sleep well.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. we hope you all have a good day. we had a family Member Pas and go home with the Lord. our youngest son's wife's mother. she was full blood Navajo Indian. she was in the hospital with other Issue's. and came down with It. My advise stay away from doctors office's and Hospitals wash often with plenty of hot water and soap. use common since with you do. and the best is pray, god will take care of us. Just look at all the accident's I have had and god pulled me through.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Thank you all for the good wishes and the prayers.  I wish you all well and safe.  I hope you all have a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Amy

Good morning ..

Another new start to the week, not sure what the day will bring so we shall see. I do know I need to make bread but that is the only to do. Cleaning is a given here with two dogs.

We may see some sun today with snow coming tomorrow. So far this has been an easy winter with milder temperatures.

Gloria, I also like looking at it from the inside but if we get too much snow I get to go and play in it.

Jenny , that was a very thoughtful gift  your son left. This covid can't be over with soon enough for me but I don't think it will be soon. Too many people are not listening and don't obey the rules.

Enjoy your day and stay safe..
Jimmy Dean

phyllis

Prayers for Phil, Jane, that it will be mild and that he will get well soon.  And, also, that you will stay healthy, too.

Laundry day here but not much else is planned.  The sun is shining brightly but it is cold and breezy.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone well at leas t I am here a t a more normal time today.  I finally talked  to my  SIL yest erday on Skype. He sounds and looks good. I have seen him walking in the background at times. I just pray they both survive this mess in good health. I know my daughter looks better since he is home and doing good. I could see the worry on her face before.

JANE  I am so sorry about  your son. I pray he recovers fast and does not end up wi th pneumonia like my SIL did. Hope i t is mild enough he can s tay home and not go t o the hospi tal.  I pray for Phil and for you and the family.

SHIRLEY  thought you would like that winter scene, I liked it myself, and we both still like snow and winter.

JENNY  next  time you are in touch wi th Eugene and Nadia  tell them I said hello and I sure remember meeting them when they were here wi th Shirley. Nadia sent me pic tures of her wedding to post in the nes t but that  was when SN cut us out so could not do that.

LLOYD  you are proof that God has watched over you.   

AMY  some people hink the rules are made for others and not  for them. I know a person like tha t, gets me so angry to see her with no mask or taking any precautions.

PHYLLIS  sun is shining here but have not looked at the temperature.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone !
Good to see you too,  Amy... 

I hope everyone has a great day
(I posted over in Norms Bait and Tackle)

Cloudy and Winter warm here ...
Peace,
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Joy

Good morning.   I continue to feel better.  Sure hope it continues.  I see the heart doctor tomorrow, so will find out more.

OH ! Jane.  I am so sorry to hear about your son.  I feel bad to read that you are doing a lot of crying.  I can sure understand how you feel.  Hopefully, he will feel better with no lasting effects.  Will keep him and you in my prayers. Sending a big (((((((((((HUG))))) to you.

Hoping everyone is doing well. Take care and stay safe.

JOY     
BIG BOX

patricia19

Jane, I'm thinking of you and Phil, keeping you both in my thoughts. There is so much death, so much illness, and so many selfishly think only of themselves by not wearing masks and following preventative measures.

JaneS

Thank you Everyone!  I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.  I had a phone call from a dear friend and she gave me some things to think about.  I also talked to my son on the phone and he said he is feeling somewhat better today.  His headache is gone and he's not coughing but he's really tired.  I told him that's God's way of saying get more sleep!  Mickie and I are going for a walk!  Hope everyone's day is going well.

CallieOK

Janie, my family who tested Positive all had quite a bit of fatigue for almost a week and dil had a lingering cough.  However, after the required quarantine, they all were - and remain - feeling fine.  I pray it's the same for your son.

Jenny, how nice that you had contact with Eugene Thomas and his daughter.  I became acquainted with Eugene and his wife (can't remember her name) at a couple of Bashes but lost touch when Senior Net disappeared.

Nothing much going on at my house.  I did get the tax stuff sorted out and some laundry done.  ....which reminds me; I think there's a load waiting to go in the drier.

Hope Everyfriend is finding some reason to have at least a Merry Monday Moment or two.  :smitten: 

Lloyd Hammond

good evening everyone. well as you all can see, my wonderful grand daughter got the tomorrow loaded for me. and it shows in gold as It dose on my Laptop. Hope if any of you want to coppie it it works for you. It is a beautiful poem, and the gold really sets it of. good night and sweet dreams. in the coppie i have on my laptop it all show's gold even the text.

Lloyd

JaneS

LLoyd, it's all gold on my screen...even the text!  And it's a beautiful poem!  I thought of my friend, Mavis who I just lost, while I was reading it!

CALLIE, thanks for reminding me about your family members.  Knowing of someone who survived this nightmare really does help!

Now, I'm going to try to sleep.  The haystack beckons!  Tomorrow's another day here on earth and we need to meet it well=rested!  I'm physically and mentally tired tonight.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy, germ-free tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!