Random Image

Lesson 23

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:12:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 15, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, January 14, 2021, 11:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

The dance is done and not without some giggles. The snow blower is  also electric start and I took it outside to start up,  then I went to shut the garage door by means of a key pad. Turned around only to see snow blower starting without me! :2funny:  The vibration of the motor caused it to go down the garage apron..slow..but I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

Jane, fresh air is good  as long as he doesn't over do it. How is the rest of the family? Hope their test came back negative.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

I wrote a post and then the internet went down and I lost it so I'll just say...for a second time...All is well here. 

Take care, Everybody.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Another day is over!  I finished cleaning out the shelves that had the storage containers in all sizes and shapes and now there's nothing in there that doesnpt have a matching lid!  And I have a tall kitchen can bag of plastic ready for the recycling.  Now when I go to get a container for something I won't be frustrated by not finding a lid!  I wonder how I managed to collect so much mismatched stuff?

AMY, you better be careful or your dance parter will be finding a new partner to dance with.  It doesn't sound like he wanted to wait for you.  His toes were tapping!

Both Sarah and Kiran tested negative but they are also under quarantine because of their association with Phil.  And neither of them appears to be coming down with it.  They will all have to be tested again.

PHYLLIS, glad you checked in!

I'm off to the haystack to find some zzzzs.  It'll be a different night tonight.  Cooper is staying overnight because his "MOM" has to be to work at 6 a.m.  I don't sleep as well when he's here but I'm sure the couch will beckon when necessary.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy, germ-free tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

well I am late sinning of again, but good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning..

We went from + 20 ° to -18° this morning!! Tad chilly out there.
Grocery shopping for a friend and ourselves then home to stip.... beds that is . Our bed plus the  doggie beds need washed.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring tho........will know better tonight when it is all said and done.

Gloria, I like the paths, walk ways done wide for the same reason. We have two ramps here one out front and one you access from the garage.

Jane, good news for Sarah and Kiran!

Better skedaddle...

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. AMY I have been to Granville Canada when it was 50 below. I had at that time a full beard down on the top edge of my overhauls bib. and got out of truck on passenger side of truck and walked around the front of it up steps of dock swung the doors on the barn out to back of trailer
opened the trailer door let the horses out and go into barn, I had 4 ice sickles on my mustache about 4" long. that was enough for me and was last trip we made up there. in those days we did not have to have a passport just stop and check in and report where we were going with our horses. we now have passports and when we get the motor home fixed and travel is lightened up we come up there and hopefully get to where we can meet with you.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning so_P_bubble you slipped in while i was typing. Have a good day.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, yesterday we had sun most all day, not warm but was so good to see. So much better than all the gray gloomy days we have been having. Would not have minded if we had some snow to look at .

JANE  yes I was here before you yesterday but I slept late this morning and imagine everyone has posted already.

AMY  seeing the snowblower taking off alone make you wish it was remote control? Just think you could be nice and warm inside and control where it clears the snow away.

PHYLLIS  just a few words is better than none at all.

JANE  over the years it is surprising about wha t we collect. How many years have you lived in your  house? When I moved to the apart men t in my son's house I swore I would not collect  any thing again. Surprised aboput all I got rid of before I moved here. Prayers for your son and his family.

LLOYD  better signing in la e  than not  signing in at all. We do worry about  you when we do no t hear from you.

AMY  at that  below zero temperat ure I would no t go out  of the house for anything. When I was young it  never bot hered me but now I hve no more "blubber" to hold the heat in. The cold hits the bones too fast.

BUBBLE  I would not even attempt to solve that.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I can still say "Good Morning" if I type fast and post in a hurry!  Lots going on this morning and I've been MOVING!  I met Cathy with my shopping list and my cards and while she was gone, I walked the doggies on two separate walks and ironed the curtain she brought back.  When she came back, we put up the curtains, took down the wreath I couldn't reach and then I put away the groceries.

After she left, I drove up to the recycling center and emptied out my car.  The guys that work there are so nice!  If you have something they don't take, they'll tell you about it and then take it anyway and dispose of it for you.  I drive in and park and flip the switch that opens the trunk and before I even get my hand on the door handle, they are taking stuff out of the trunk! 

BUBBLE, I did the puzzles but I don't know if I'm supposed to post the answers or send them to you.  I'm probably wrong but it was fun!

AMY, I'm glad to hear that you stripped....the beds.  It's too cold for the other kind!

And it's also lunch time.  I'm hungry and I'm ready to grab a bite.  I think I'll finish off the Brussels Sprouts that I did in the air fryer.  They were really good and they're good for me

I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow. 

Whew I made it with my "Good MORNING".

Amy

Jane, two minutes to spare!!! Way ta go!!

My day was one of no planning but a lot done. Managed to get
 our grocery, treats for next door neighbours and groceries for my friend. My neighbour said that the farm store had their seeds in!! So off we went again and we got most of our seeds  for the garden. Came home did laundry and hung it on the line, Jane it was freezing before I could get it out of the basket but did get it hung and blowing in the wind. Next was two bags of potatoes that I wanted to can so now I am waiting for that "thingy" to go down on the canner and they can be set out. In between waiting on the canner I did Bubbles quiz.......got one right but have just sent more answers to her and will know come morning.

I am more than ready to call it a night...
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Seems like I just said "Good Morning" and now it's time to say "Good Night"!  Time does fly!

I got a bunch of stuff done this afternoon but none of it shows!  Oh well!  I know I did it!  Of course, part of it was a nap because I didn't sleep too well last night.  Cooper spent the night and he absolutely refused to sleep in the bed with Mickie and me.  He sat and watched while I got ready for bed but when I tried to coax him up, he sat and stared at me like I was speaking some foreign language and I was speaking very good "dog"!  Then he got up, turned around and walked out!  I watched him walk down the hall and when I checked in the middle of the night, he was back in his favorite spot on the couch. 

Now, I'm off to the haystack.  I've been hearing the zzzzs calling my name for about an hour now and I think they're out in the hall looking for me.  Cooper will be early tomorrow (or if Frankie is running late, maybe not at all).  So we have to be up and attem early!

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy, germ-free tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

well can't get any thing to work so good night and sweet dreams. hope it works in the morning.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning..

No sunbathing today...-20° out there!!

Nothing planned other than putting away my spoils from yesterday . A day of rest  to enjoy!

Jane how is Phil and family doing? Wonder how Joy's son is also hope she pops in today.

Gloria, I don't mind the cold weather as long as I am in cuddled up to the cookstove!

Shirley is MIA......hope she is ok.

Enjoy your day and stay safe!
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning AMY and all that follow this Morning. It is 6:30 AM C T S. Is 36º and cloddy saying 41ºfor high and light rain today. there Is a old saying if you do not like the weather here just weight a while we may have what you like soon. ANY sorry for your cold weather, but it sounds like it is good cuddling weather keeping each other warm. Jump up get a good hot fire going in the cook stove. we have a good old round oak cook stove, haven't used it in a long time. It has a brand new coper lining in the water warmer container on the rt side of it. I should take a picture of it and get Nicole to put it up here in S & F. Have a good day and a better tomorrow.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning on the coldes t one yet this winter. 15 now at 8:20. I just turned the heat up, not going to sit here shivering. We aren' t supposed to have the thermostat set above 68. When I pull up the shades in the morning I can feel the cold air coming in. Beautiful building but windows are very cheap, none fit right.    The sun is shining bright, would love  to get out in the fresh air but not with this temperature. When my son came yesterday he was bundled up like when he had to work outside in the winter. This morning id even colder. Now we only need some snow it is winter.

JANE  looks like Coooper likes the couch better than the bed. In a way that is better, you sleep better without him moving around.

AMY  I would love to have your stove in the winter. If not yours then the one my Mom had when I was growing up. Oh the heat from that coming in from outside. No wonder in those days so long ago everyone congregated in the big kitchens, the warmest room back then, no central heat.

LLOYD  the cas t iron stove my Mom had had the  water warmer on  the right side but it was so old it  was corroded and water was no good coming out of it.

No Jane yet?

Have a good day and be safe.

Denver

A good Sunday Morning HELLO to EVERYFRIEND🌹

I have just finished my video church service and thought I best come in and see how you all are doing?

We have sunshine today but do have a few storms headed our way. One may give us some accumulation of the white stuff, but sadly many of them this winter have not.  The whole state is extremely dry.

LLOYD, your stove sounds very nice.  I do hope you can post a picture so we can all see what it looks like.

AMY, don't you be letting that snow blower go off dancing by itself again!  That must have been quite a sight!

JANE, sure happy to read that Phil seems to be feeling better and no one else has taken on the virus.  I have been thinking recently that you have not said much about Kiran recently. How is she doing and what is her "jam" these days? 

GLORIA, the double pane windows do help with keeping the cold out, but when it is that cold out they just cannot do the job.  We open our shade up in the day time, but once the sun is starting to set we have to get them closed!  I think I have been colder this winter more than ever before....I keep telling Bob, "I am cold to the bone"!  I sure could use a trip to a warmer climate😘

Trying to decide what to fix for dinner today.... Yesterday I made beef and noodles and boy did it hit the spot!

We have a zoom Birthday celebration to be part of at one PM today.  All these new ways to do things the COVID WAY! 

Have a good rest of your day, EVERYFRIEND.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Joy

Just in for a few minutes.

Still not feeling much better.  The doctor did increase the dosage of the meds, but just stared it today.     

I am beginning to think something else is going on.  Just not improving that much.  I understand that a lot of people are having a lot anxiety.  It is a terrible feeling.

My son, who tested positive seems better.  Still has a couple days left in his quarantine.
I am just so tired and sleepy.  Go back to the doctor next Monday. Sure hope I feel better by then.

Have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

Got up early today and Cooper did arrive.  I've been busy at "this and that" and every time I thought of coming by the Soda Shoppe, something else cropped up it little head begging for attention.  I feel good about getting all the corners cleaned out but I still have a long way to go. 

JOY, I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling better.  I've made a deal with Frankie to take me with her when she goes to visit her mother (my daughter) in Maryland next summer and they've agreed that we need to make a visit to you while I'm there.  I hope that's good news to you and helps you to feel better.  And I hope it all works out.

JENNY, I don't see as much of KIRAN since she's grown old enough to fend for herself after school.  However, we do have a standing date for lunch at McDonalds on the last day of school every year.  When I reminded her that I'll be 92 when she graduates from high school and maybe not driving, she assured me that she'll have her license by then and she'll come pick me up to go to lunch!  Good thoughts and memories.

AMY, Phil says he feels better every day but it'll be a while before he feels 100%  He went by the store to pick up the tax stuff so he could work on it at home and that's good news that he even feels like doing that.  The girls seem to have escaped. 

Mickie's been fed but I'm not hungry yet so I'll wait until I am.  I've been busy playing with my new toy.  I spent some of my Christmas money to by a small Air Fryer and I love it!  I've had french fries that actually taste like french fries, hot dogs that are BETTER than any I've had on the grill, Brussels Sprouts that were out of this world, and the best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had in my life.  Tomorrow, I'm doing hamburgers and french fried sweet potatoes.

I know it's late but I still wish you all a good (rest of the) day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.

Tomereader1

I know this may not appeal to any of you (probably Shirley), but today I told my daughter that the best small appliance I ever bought is my Dash Egg Cooker!  She got one before me, and brought it over one day to show me how it worked.  I was sold!  Well, you can make hard cooked eggs in about 7 minutes, and they come out like they were done by a professional chef.  Yolks cooked perfect, no rubbery whites, and no green around the yolks.  I know I can boil eggs in a pot of water, but even following the best instructions, something always goes wrong.  This egg cooker will also do soft boiled, has a little pan to do omelet in, and you can also fix other foods in the little dishs provided; like steam asparagus, or the chinese dumplings, which I can never get right.  It is a perfect thing for a one person household.  Easy to figure out, with a great set of instructions;  uses  distilled water only, that I have on hand for my humidifier anyway.  Just a suggestion, especially for anyone who likes hard-cooked eggs for deviled eggs, or just to eat with salt & Pepper.

JaneS

Time to say Good Night my friends!  I've done as much as I can today and it's time to head for the haystack and look for some zzzzs.  I don't know why I'm so tired every night.  Maybe it's my age or the shape I'm in!  But I've decided it's not going to change so I have to live with it.

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy, germ-free tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

well  JaneS beat me to the good Night and that Is alright with Me. good night and sweet dreams. hope to see you all in good shape  and reasonable health tomorrow. I had a little bit of help trying to post I think we got them in Pictures then and now gallery. hope that is enough help for you all. a picture of my old round oak cook stove and a picture of my big hutch I built.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

well I will have to try to catch Nicole tomorrow evening she will be able to help me post them. good night.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. another one of not good sleep. too restless so i got up so Nancy could get some rest. I have a ? do any one that reads here know a bout grafting, Like can you graft a limb off of a sasufriaces tree on to a maple, and would the sap from it be like it's own or the maple. also a appeal or peach or plum and it produce it's own fruit.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning..

Not as chilly this morning + 10° this morning. Have a few planned chores and then it is whatever happens today.

Lloyd ,hope this helps, just click on it. Although this is for an apple tree it may work for others.
https://tinyurl.com/y6e6xrvg

Joy, hope you feel much better with the new dose of the meds. Good to hear your son is feeling better, now we need you to feel better!

Jenny, hope Michele is feeling better .Your beef and noodles sound good!!

Gloria, can you get someone to tape up clear plastic on the windows to keep the cold out?

Better make a move here....slept in again.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

Jimmy Dean

phyllis

It is a dreary day here and pretty chilly for us but not like you up there, Gloria.  Hope it warms up for you soon.  I couldn't tolerate the thermostat set at 68. I keep mine at 73 and sometimes at 74.  I'm always under a furry throw and still feel cold.  I think my thyroid makes me feel the cold more.

Your egg cooker sounds perfect for you, Tome.  We all seem to have our favorite small appliance.  I am learning how to use the air fryer and I agree with Jane that it makes the best french fries (also sweet potato french fries) and hot dogs in toasted buns but still prefer my brussel sprouts sauteed in butter on top of the stove.  I made pork chops with rice in the Instapot last night and it was very good.  Rice is so easy in the IP and always comes out perfect.  We had breaded cauliflower baked in the oven with it.  That was a new thing from Bird's Eye and we liked them.

Laundry today so I'd better get at it.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I went to bed last night and I didn't set an alarm and I left my phone in the office.  It's been doing some ringing a couple times a night and there's nothing there so I decided I didn't need that.  And I slept a solid 7 hours!!  It feels great!!

PHYLLIS, the Brussels Sprouts in the air fryer had all the spices and butter that I used in the oven before and they were even better than in the oven but we all have our likes and dislikes.  Today I'm doing hamburbers and sweet potato fries in the AF.  I love it!

Hope everyone is feeling better today than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow! 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, slep t quite la te this morning, don't like that, morning is almost over already. At least it  is in the low 20's this morning and the sun is shining. 3 days in a row of sun WOW a shock in January. 

JENNY  I close my shades when  the sun star ts set ting and open them af ter I wake up. I only get sun this time of year for a few hours in the afternoon, windows face west-southwest. Not that the windows are so cold but the drafts around them that are cold. What  is zoom? I have heard of it a few times and think it would be a great way to see all my family together.

JOY  hope the new meds help you. I wonder if it  is par tly because we are so isola ted and not talking and seeing others during the day. I am lucky I have Yvette here 5 days a week, the only one I see and talk to during the week and younger son comes every Saturday morning. He keeps his distance from me and will not even let me hug him when he leaves. 

JANE  wish I could get corners cleaned, Yvette is no t a housekeeper but  a certified nursing assistant-CNA-she does do more than her job calls for and I cannot ask her to do more. She goes shopping, sweeps, washes the floors, polishes the furniture and gives me my back massage ( that is what  she is supposed to do. She cooks and is an all around help for me.I hope the trip to your daughter's next summer works out for y ou and Frankie. Would do y ou good to see different scenery for a few days.

TOMEREADER  I have seen thos egg cookers adver tised and wondered how they work I like mine wi th a soft yolk and a cooked white so boil for 4 minutes but getting the shell off is a problem.

JANE  like you I am tired every night. Usually by 7 I am dressed for bed and most nights aleep by 9 or 9:30. Hate getting up in the morning no matter how long I sleep by Mother Nature makes me get up and moving. I do need my 7 or 8 hours of sleep, always did.

LLOYD wonder if t hat grafing is how  they come up wi th new frui t.  Tha t is how they come up wit h varities of apples.

AMY  the witch would have a fit if I put those plastic windows up. I am surprised she lets up put up pictures on the walls.

PHYLLIS  I have had a longing for French fries lately, wonder if I should look into those fryers. My problem here is coun ter space is so llimited. Not much storage space either.

JANE  glad you slept great last night. I shut my cell off at night, do not need anything to wake me before I am ready to get up.

Have a good day everyone and s tay safe and covid free

patricia19

Good morning. Nothing happening here as yet, still warm outside and still quiet outside.
Lloyd, the only thing I know about grafting is the University experimental farm began grafting apple branches onto chokecherry trees, and now some years later, we have apple trees from that grafting.

Tomereader1

Gloria, getting the shell off the hard-cooked egg is really easy.  I don't know how a soft cooked would work.  The hard cooked...when they finish cooking, put them in a bowl of ice water for a few minutes, and when you take them out, that shell will come right off easily. I may try doing a soft boiled one just to see what happens. :-\