Random Image

Butterfly and Flowers

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:43:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 15, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, January 14, 2021, 11:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottoncandy

[/Hi everyone....Tome or who ever wants to comment...is.distilled water and sterile the same ???? Candysize]

patricia19

Sterility is a property of water, while distilled water is the type of water produced by the distillation process of water treatment. When applied to water, the word sterile means no viable (able to reproduce) bacteria, viruses, or any other type of viable microorganism present.

Sterile and distilled water are essentially pure H2O, but they are used for different purposes. Distilled water is distributed for use in laboratories and ordinary consumption. Sterile water is used in the medical community as a wound cleanser or an intravenous fluid.

Cottoncandy

Thank you Patrica...my friend was using distilled water in a neti pot...so I'm sure sterile water should be used...why I was asking the difference

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  It's been a busy day!  Unfortunately, it's been one of those that the busy-ness doesn't show.  I have a lot of them lately.  One big one is walking the dogggie.  It takes more time lately because, like me, she's getting on in years.  And then she has to snuff every little thing along the way!  We do at least two long ones every day and sometimes a short one, too.

Today I made french fried sweet potatoes and cheeseburgers in the air fryer.  They were absolutely delicious.  I have to say the burger was venison burger but it was juicy and good and I had it on an English muffin with sweet tater fries on the side.  I'll do that one again.

I cleaned out another closet today.  I didn't actually get rid of anything but I put the summer stuff in a different closet so I can find what I want when I want it.  Cleaned up a couple of corners in the kitchen that were hollering for attention and put the car under cover.  We're supposed to have snow mixed with rain and then freezing rain all night.  Tomorrow morning is going to be BAAAAAD!

I'm off to the haystack to search out some zzzzzs.  I hope there are as many as there were last night!  I slept better last night than I have in weeks. 

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy, germ-free tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning..

Another chilly one  14° at the moment and they are calling for more snow.

A day of catch up here, little jobs that keep poking their nose out that need to be dealt with.

Jane, sounds like you are really enjoying your air fryer!!

Gloria, I think your witch needs to fly off to another job. Maybe a guard in a prison??

Still no Shirley??

Better get a move on.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

so_P_bubble

Quote from: Cottoncandy on January 25, 2021, 08:12:47 PMThank you Patrica...my friend was using distilled water in a neti pot...so I'm sure sterile water should be used...why I was asking the difference
[
Water guidelines for neti pot:
-distilled or sterile water 
-tap water that's been boiled for several minutes and cooled to a lukewarm temperature, which you can store up to a day in advance
-saline solution

Follow these steps to create your saline solution:

Add 1 teaspoon of kosher, pickling, or canning salt to a 16-ounce glass of lukewarm water.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to the glass.
Stir the solution.
You can store the remaining solution at room temperature for up to two days.

Tomereader1

Thanks, Bubble.  That's nice to know about the NetiPot.  As I said before, most small appliances call for Distilled water, the humidifiers, the egg cookers, my steam iron and I don't know what else.

Gloria

Good morning, short one, woke very late and got  into a T V show so now I have to get dressed before Yve tte ge ts here a t 12. I am fine and dandy,
Have a good day and s tay safe and virus free.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  After spending a lot of time on the phone yesterday, I did manage to get an earlier appointment for the Covid vaccine.  Instead of Feb. 18 I now go on Feb. 11 and I just have to pop around the corner instead of travelling 1/2 and hour away.  I think my daughter, Cathy is even happier than I am.

All I seem to be doing lately is eating and sleeping.  I spend a lot of time looking for recipes to use in my Air Fryer and then using them and then eating them. 

We're getting just what the weather man said we'd get today....sleet and a big mess!  And it's cold so it's not going to melt on the roads and sidewalks very fast.  I'm really glad I don't have to go anywhere today and Frankie called off work so I don't have to worry about her driving in this "gunk" either.

I think I'll do a bit more sorting this afternoon and maybe try to get rid of some stuff.  I don't think I'll go out in this "gunk" to get rid of anything but there's always the car trunk!

I wish you all a good day....better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.

patricia19

Good morning.

Amy, the first thing that came to mind, reading about your little jobs, was the arcade game, whack a mole!  :bash:

Today will be another quiet one as laundry, vacuuming, and bathroom were all done on Saturday. I gave away my convertible microwave yesterday as it was getting dusty from lack of use. I also have a countertop oven that may go out. I'm paring down again even if they sit in the back closet awaiting donation areas opening up again.

One donation I'm attempting to work up to is my collection of scarves on their own organizer. I use to love wearing them in my hair, around my waist, and around my neck. They're lovely and so many different styles and materials. However, none of them have been off the hanger since late 2014, and they really need to go. Another issue is seven pairs of leather gloves and mittens to match each coat. I've procrastinated long enough.

Amy

Lol Patricia, wouldn't that be nice if we could whack them out of sight!!
I did clean  the one fridge and then thought that I had better bake cookies ,so now we have over 14 doz cookies to munch on.

edited to add.....where is Lloyd???.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Denver

A good Tuesday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND ❣️

SNOWING and cold out here today.  There might be more on the way but not much accumulation is expected.  IF it is going to be cold and dreary I sure wish we would get a LOT of moisture from it.  It snowed in Phoenix and Las Vegas yesterday....cRaZy🙀

PATRICIA, I organized all of my scarves and hats and gloves yesterday also.  Sadly, I did not get rid of that many, but the ones that are left are much easier to access now😍

JANE, sounds like you did a good job of organizing also.....good for you.  I just need to convince myself that I MUST get rid of more than I keep😱  It makes me happy to read how much you are enjoying your air fryer.  We love ours and are having fun experimenting how to cook different things in it.  So far nothing we have cooked has turned out bad! 

GLORIA.... so happy to read you are "fine and dandy" today😘

AMY, there are SO MANY of those little jobs poking their noses out at me all around my home!  I need to be like YOU and take care of them!  I am trying though, honest I am. 

Off to take on a HUGE job in our "extra room" that would be best to be described as a very messy storage room!  It is designed to be a bedroom, but our guest bedroom is down stairs and this room is the over flow for extra stuff! 

Have a wonderful day.   Missing Shirley, I sure hope she is OK.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Cottoncandy

Sandy

Ha Ha,  I am usually the one who is
organizing and reorganizing and
now everyone is doing it. 

Good luck...  I just moved my
bedroom which was in the living room
into the back room which I was using
for storage....   

I love it.  It makes for a great
Bedroom,  with everything in it that
I need and use and it is very warm...

Hooray!!

It is fun finding things that I haven't
seen for years... plus getting rid
of stuff that I no longer need. 

I consider this a great success. 

Good luck to all..
Sandy
 :wave2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

patricia19

Sandy, in this apartment, it was first in 2014, then 2016 and now. Does it ever end?  ::) Here is a photo of 8-year-old Farrah being bugged by me and the camera and two shots of the scarves; I need to find a new home for five years only in my closet!

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?msg=191934

Lloyd Hammond

Well I sure do not be much Bother. I scrolled way back and never see any one Missed me until today and AMY noted I was missing. at least she loves me enough to worrier about Me. well AMY have been in the Hospital again. Not another Hartack, but another bad pain. I thought was. blood test said NO. VA takes good care of Me.

Lloyd

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  It's been another one of "those" days!  You know the kind when you feel busy all day and there's not much to show for it.  I got up really early because I was expecting Frankie to drop off Cooper but the roads were so bad that she called off work and he didn't need us.

I made hot dogs for lunch in the air fryer...I love the toasted buns in there.  It gives a hot dog a bit of zing!

Two walks with Mickie in the "yucky muck" and that was enough!  It's just like slush that froze...hard to walk on and slippery, too!

I talked to one person...the office assistant at my dentist's office.  She was calling to let me know that I was way past time for a checkup so I made an appointment for after I get my covid vaccine.  Now there's nothing else to check.  I have an appointment for a shot, a dental check up, an eye checkup, an all over bi-yearly checkup and a chiropractic appointment.  The only thing left is my ears and I'm seriously thinking that it might be time to have my hearing checked!

And with all that said, I'm heading for the haystack.  Tomorrow will be another early day. Frankie has to be to work at 6 so Cooper will be here around 5:30.  I sure hope the haystack is loaded with zzzzzs because I sure need them!

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy, germ-free, feel-good tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well I had a pretty good sleep Nothing like your own bed, according to the tattle tail 6.5 hours sleep, and I feel pretty good. I looked in the gallery and seen the picture of our round oak cook stove Loaded with microwave Oven and other utensils. they could be set off and have a fire built in it. In the past when I was batching I sure did. all works fine, Bake biscuits  in the oven and make gravy and fry eggs and bacon on top, goes good to fill the tummy and take the chill out of the air  both. Have a good day. It is snowing right on down here, Have about 1/4" and still at it big flakes. the grand children and greats will have fun in it. My blood is too thin so I do not any more. thanks AMY for missing me.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up but I don't think I'm awake yet!  I was out with Mickie and Cooper has arrived and we're waiting out the hour for Mickie's pill and then breakfast.  Maybe I'll wake up in the meantimve.  Since I've given up caffienated coffee in favor of lower blood pressure, I can't even depend on the coffee to wake me up.

I do wonder where SHIRLEY is?

I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Amy

Good morning

We were blessed with 3+ inches of new snow so you know there will be a dance this morning. Looks to be fluffy snow, easy to remove. Not sure what else is on for today as our plans were sidelined due to the snow.

Patricia, Farrah. doesn't look that amused at you taking a photo.  Love your scarves, you do have a lot of them!

Lloyd, will go look in your gallery for the photo. edited to add........just looked at your stove, that is a dandy!! Bet when all polished up it shines!! Thank you for sharing.

Better get my dance clothes on..

Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

well Our snow has stopped for now , we only got about 1" , the sun peeked out for a bit and hid it's face again, they canceled school. north and west of us they got lot more then we did. I am going to go to shop and see I can fiend, the old sled we have, hope it is still there and in sight. it was in good shape best I can reamer. have a good day. see you all later. AMY glad you could see the stove. now others can look on gallery and see it.

Lloyd

patricia19

Good morning. I was up until four and slept in so I'm late arriving here at 9:01 AM. It's interesting being four hours behind most of you, three hours behind the midwest, and an hour behind Marilyne in California! I'm just getting started and you're halfway through. And Bubble is enjoying her mid-evening.

Amy, Farrah hates the camera because she equates it with the flash even when it's not on. I have a lot of scarves because I worked in retail and in hotels, mostly in middle management, a career I don't recommend unless you're fine with stress. 

I have no plans for today but I'm sure something will come up. I hope every one of you has a good, safe, day, germfree as Jane says!

CallieOK

An early Good Afternoon,

I participated in my first attempt at a Zoom Book Club meeting this morning.  It worked well and I was so glad to see faces and hear actual voices.

Have just gotten "Steak Crumbe" (accent over e so it's "Crum-bay") in the slow cooker for son's "dinner date" tonight.

Now catching my breath and maybe grabbing a bite of lunch before going to Braum's and Walgreens.

Hope Everyfriend is finding something to Enjoy today.

Amy

Snow is all cleaned up...for now.
 Had to fix a broken shear pin thanks to the pup and his wood hauling. I didn't see the piece of wood till it hit the blades but all is well now. Cleaned out two what I call my morgue drawers..have "stuff"  to give away "stuff" to pitch but now they are both  done.

Made a custard in the IP  and we are having chicken fingers for supper tonight with fixings to go with it.

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Hello My Friends!  Today was a mixed up day for me.  It started off with some really good news from my Maryland daughter and then went downhill.  January has always been my least favorite month and this year it's worse than ever.  I can't go anywhere because of this D - D virus and there's nobody here to talk to.  Unfortunately, talking on the phone, texting and emailing just isn't the same as talking in someone's face and having them talk back in my face.  I'm praying very hard for this virus to leave us so we can get back to socializing and a little hugging of special people!

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, healthy, germ-free tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS I am for the most Part In agreeance with you on your above post. seams the whole world has lost common since. we for the most part lost love and desire  to love and help thy neighbor. sad but true, it  is root hog or die. well I am going to bed now and hope to not have any bad dreams. I bid you all good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, glad I woke ear ly  this morning. Yes terday I woke at 11 and Yvette was here at 11:30. Wa a los t day for me. We had about  5 inches of snow,  trees and everyt hing looked beau tiful. I did no even hear the plow when it was here clearing the parking lot . I think I t old y ou before I am dead to the world when I fall asleep.

PATRICIA  I am goio send that pot  item t o my daught er, my SIL uses one when his allergies start up. Frightening.

JENNY  my daughter had 8 inches of snow Monday. They went in to Kingman and it was raining there by the time they got home 40 miles away and up in the mountain they had 8 inches of it. First time my SIL ever drove in snow, he put the jeep in 4 WD and just "walked" up the dirt road to their house.

LLOYD  sorry you were in he hospital again.

JANE  I am bginning to think I need my ears checked. I tell Yvet te I cannot  hear her when she  talks to me from another room.

AMY  hope you enjoyed your dancing in he snow again.

Time for my second coffee and think about getting dressed.

On Monday 2-2 we are ge ing t he vaccine here. Hope it goes fast. They have it set from pm till 10 pm, Hope I can st ay  awake  that  long.

Have a good day and s tay Covid free.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning...

Tis a geemogotche day out there -5° and according to the weather man it is going to get colder this week!

Ma Bell is going to get another phone call, two mornings in a row we have had robo calls at 6:40 am :tickedoff:  :knuppel2:  heads are going to roll.

More cleaning drawers /rooms today. When the good weather comes I will be ready to get outside and play in the dirt.
:thumbup:

Gloria , we didn't get that much snow here but to the south of us where son lives they did get 5-6 inches of it!

Jimmy Dean