Random Image

horse5.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:58:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of April 3

Started by JoanFL, April 03, 2016, 04:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

Gloria

What a day this has been. Sun came out and the sky was and and the snow was melting. 5 minutes later it would be snowing so hard I could hardly see across the parking lot. Crazy day and it has been windy and cold. Heard on the news that this will continue till Tuesday. We had more spring like days in February.

JOAN we are the ones who get the AC's in or out. They have a room to store them in over the winter months but I have mine in a corner of the closet in the bedroom. My Christmas tree is in the coat closet near the door. I have shelves in there so it serves as my pantry. Not much storage space in these apartments.

GLORIA de  last time I really had a lemon DD was at Valentine’s Day. It was shaped like a heart but they spoiled it by putting a thick layer of chocolate frosting on it. Saw on the news a lot of damage around the country from this storm. Several people have been killed by falling trees.

JANE  I am not laughing. I had to do that once in my last car. I was more than 20 years younger then. When the care warmed up enough the door did open.  Another time all 4 doors were frozen shut and I ended missing a day of work. After that I never locked my car doors in the winter time.

KELLY  I enjoyed this afternoon listening to Don's radio program. Then I had my daily visit on Skype with my daughter.

JOAN  since so many here know my name and call me Gloria anyway that is it now.

LLOYD  after being here from the beginning we are all newbies again. Starting all over again.

GLORIA de  no red hat this time?

DON  I sure appreciated the Chopin this afternoon. Of course I enjoyed the whole 3 hours, Thanks.

JAYWALKER  wish I could say it was a beautiful day here on the northeast coast. The wind is still howling and whistling around the corner of this building. At least the windows don't rattle.

KELLY  I have done next to nothing all day. Went out when the sun was shining but did not walk far. The wind made it hard to walk.

MARY ANN  have no idea what the temperature is here but the way the wind is I know it will feel a lot colder. Glad I am cozy inside with the heat on.

CHIA  did you get much snow?  We got enough for the plow to come and plow the parking lot.

CALLIE  does the pastor ever talk about the Sooners?  I am the wrong Gloria but I would take at least one warm jacket to NY at this time of year. Cannot trust what the weather will be like. It will not be as warm as it is in OK.

MARY ANN  your burger sound better to me. Not overly fond of olives. Mu oldest son could sit and eat a whole bottle of them. Younger son only eats the black ones.

CHIA  you could wait a lifetime and Jan would not kick you out.

JUNE  glad you are feeling better.

Have a good night and sweet dreams.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

junee

JOAN. Good morning to you ,should really be Good night over there.cold and wet here.

CHIA, hope to see you soon in games, miss those changing avatars and need you to start up that brain teaser. One day I may just fluke and get my avatar in but this old dog is a slow learner.  Guess in time I will get used to this format.

JUNED. Glad you have an appointment coming up and maybe will get some answers.  Your move has meant you had to,get used to a completely new way with things including people.Not easy but worth it to be near family.
Youngest son visited yesterday,always brings me a hot chocolate,not on my diet, but must say I enjoy it  but like you Iappreciate family visits.
GLORIA
Hope you enjoyed that lemon DD.m. Your Summer seems late in coming in but in this part of the world our Summer kept returning.  Was interested to read about Regina and the home she is preparing for retirement. Kept a photo,you posted many moons ago of the house and good to know she has good neighbours there.   Junee

mycheal

Oh June, I have been observing and seeing your doing quite well and with wishes too that your new DR finds out what your issue is and remedy's it soon.

It has been wonderful here in NE Iowa , so I have been out messing around even though windy as the dickens, as well to the country to watch the bald eagles :) Such a joy !

So know I am observing all and seems as though the process of life goes well for all here, Lloyd found his way home which is good too :)

So have a quiet content peaceful evening and even a better tomorrow :)

Mycheal

June Drabek

Junee, thank you for your reassuring words, and I agree...being near family is almost essential at our age. I have orders from my son to call him tomorrow to arrange a dental appt. for me with his dentist. I will leave myself in his hands, as he left himself in my hands when he was a little boy. Thanks be to God.

Mycheal...there you are my friend. Thank you for your message. I was concerned. Do you perchance live anywhere near the city of Spencer, Iowa. I had a relative that lived there, now deceased. My mother and I took a bus from St.Peter, Mn. to visit Ruth in Iowa, and the countryside was just beautiful the whole way there. Enjoy it Mycheal.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Kelly

Hi Gloria
I went for a walk and enjoyed it.

Goodnight.

Kelly

Kelly

Hi Everyone
Time to retire as 2.0am.

Goodnight

Kelly

CallieOK

Re:  pastors talking about the Sooners.   Most in this area will make some lighthearted reference to either of the two major universities once in a while - knowing that the congregation is divided in their loyalties.  It's all in good fun.
However, this morning, ours did not refer to the Sooners huge loss in the basketball tournament on Saturday night.  His comment about "let-down Sunday" was a lead-in to the main topic of the sermon.

I'm sure Miss Ellen has everything about the NYC trip planned down to the smallest detail! She always does.
Of course, that doesn't mean that Grandmother can't offer advice, even if it isn't taken.   ;)

I did drop off to sleep in the recliner this afternoon and slept really hard for over an hour.  That may mean being awake until the wee hours tonight - but that's o.k.  It will even out before too long.

Sleep well, Everyfriend and have pleasant dreams.

June Drabek

Callie, I too had a nice long nap today, and as you do, I just accept it and don't worry when I will fall asleep at night.

Gloria, I envy you the changes in your weather patterns, as you know, So. Ca. has so many days that are the same as the day before, we really don't need a weather report. Will Regina have about the same temps in Arizona as we have in Ca. ? Your son in law is sure a handy man..building his own kitchen cabinets and having made the proper measurements.  Some people are very talented.

Lloyd Hammond

well you have been busy today. we got in the lower 80's today. we are going to work cattle tomorow. so I am going to bed soon. Good night and sweet dreams.

I did send the mail to pat about the spell CK not working here but no responce yet. I click spell ck and it opens a blank page an dose nothing. I tried dooing a  coppie of what i got and wont coppie top texr but dose the bottom line,

(http://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?action=spellcheck)

Lloyd

June Drabek

Time to bid you all a very Good night and a happy, healthy tomorrow. Give your cares to God, He is always watching over us. Prayers, Hugs, and Love. June

JaneS

Gloria, all four of my doors were unlocked but they were frozen shut.  That's why I couldn't get them open.  Leaving them unlocked wouldn't have changed that.

June, I was wearing pants and one flat heeled shoe and the clunky one on my "fixed" foot.  I'm hoping to get that off on Friday.

I'm off to Dreamland in a few minutes so I'll say...Good Night Everyfriend.  Sleep well and wake refreshed to a happy tomorrow.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

🎀 🎁 HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎁 🎀

🎈🎈 JAYWALKER 🎈🎈

Good evening....Running late again.  We enjoyed a nice meal with Dr. Dave and his family.  Michele made a delicious pot of beans with the ham bone left from Easter Sunday and was kind enough to invite us to share with them.  I was SO happy as I absolutely ðŸ'— Beans.  I took a strawberry cake and everyone enjoyed it too. 

Thank you, JOAN, for another new SS to spend the week in.  I love the graphic, PHYLLIS. 

GLORIA, I will send you the picture and you will be able to see the kiddos well. 

KELLY, happy to see that you retired one hour earlier tonight....I hope you are sleeping very well by now.

DON, I am sad to say I missed your program again today.  I know it would have been so enjoyable. Sure wish there were a way to tape it. 

JANE, I was not laughing as I was feeling so badly for you having issues with your frozen shut doors. Sure glad you were able to do the climb as well as being able to kick the door open.  Bless your heart!

MARY ANN, I do believe I would much prefer my burger plain to having olives on it. I am always happy to read about you and Dot going to church and lunch together.  I hope she is doing well.

Forgive me if I neglected to comment on any post that I should have,  but I can hardly hold my eyes open, so I must say goodnight and head off to bed.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Sun

Glor -    Talk about effort to use the   one hand, and not the other….I can barely type.  To complicate things, my daughter   got me a new keyboard, and mouse…..keyboard seems no different, but the  crazy mouse is a cordless one, which I’ve never used before, and it’s  all over the place, if you know what I mean.  It jumps around like it has a mind of it’s own.  I hate it.   No way to controle it.  EEkkkk.

Rick…where you been?  How are you?     Haven’t heard from you in ages…?

Lindancer â€" Me, too……..I rely on that spell-check…I need it.

Sandy-Dapph â€" good to see you.   You, too,,,,Jaywalker. Some folks not around for a while.

About that avatar[/b]…who will help us with that?  I  need help, too.

Joan -  Good morning to you   Your breakfast always sounds so good.

Sun

RAMMEL

I've been here.  Honest.

Mouse. What OS   xp, 7, 10 ?
XP --- Settings<Control Panel<Mouse.    Look at Pointer Options tab, Pointer Speed.  On the buttons tab set your click speed.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Jaywalker

Well thank you, Denver, it just turned out to be the same ol' same ol' around here.  I did go shopping (for groceries) but, while in the store, it became clear that I was NOT going to do any dining out.... I picked up a frozen pizza and came home and put it in the oven and opened a bottle of wine.  I enjoyed the quiet.

Hey there, Sun.  I'm trying to keep up with everyone since we're all starting over.  We'll see how long this lasts.
Jane, on Oregon's south coast
Click for Coos_Bay, Oregon Forecast

JoanFL

Good Monday morning, Everyfriend.   There's a breakfast frittata to accompany your coffee or tea . I wish everyone a nice day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Hymns for Seasoned Citizens

- Precious Lord, Take My Hand, And Help Me Up
- It is Well With My Soul, But My Knees Hurt
- Amazing Grace, Considering My Age
- Count Your Many Birthdays, Name Them One by One
- Go Tell It On The Mountain, But Speak Up
- Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah, I've Forgotten Where I Parked

Food For Thought

A Portrait of Grace
(By Charles Swindoll)

Years ago, I had the privilege of getting to know Tom Landry while he was coaching the Dallas Cowboys. At that time, we served together on the board of Dallas Theological Seminary, and I discovered that the closer you got to Coach Landry, the more you respected him. One occasion in particular I've never forgotten.

Another coach in those days named Woody Hayes had a fiery reputation. In fact, once while coaching an Ohio State game, Hayes got so angry that he slugged a player on the opposite team! Appropriately, Ohio State fired him. In the weeks that followed, people mercilessly vented their spleen on the humiliated coach. Hayes retreated in shame. During that time, Coach Landry received an invitation to a prestigious banquet. Normally, he would've taken his wife as his guest. Instead, he appeared with Woody Hayes.

At our next board meeting, I asked Coach Landry why he did it. He said, "Chuck, I figured since everybody else was beating up on Woody, he needed somebody to put an arm around him and tell him he still loved him." Landry's gracious act lifted Hayes out of his shame and silenced his tormenters.

Grace has a way of doing that.

Thought of the Day

“When people are right with God, they are apt to be hard on themselves and easy on other people. But when they are not right with God, they are easy on themselves and hard on others."

- John Newton

:smitten:

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

donna brown

How do I make the shoutbox go away?

Kelly

Good Morning Joan from a wet Isle of Man.

Kelly

Kelly

Hi Jenny
An hour earlier retiring last night, but an hour later getting up.

I am getting  lazy!

Kelly

JoanFL

Good morning, Donna.  If you click on the - (minus) sign to the far right of the shout box it will close it.  Then you will see a + instead of a -.

Good morning, Kelly.  No rain yet here, and it's still dark.

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone!

donna brown
I am not sure what you need but I am haveing some glitches still with the new S&F format.
but I egnore what pops up on my screen such as shout box and click on fourm and then scrowel down to soda shop click on it . then read what has been posted seince i was last here. and then when I get to the last post if i can rember woo's post I wanted to do drect post i do,otheryse I go away or post what ever is in my head. I bet Bis or jennie Lee can tell you cortley.and most of the rest of the nice folks, Me i am mostly brain dead no short time memory,but is sloley getting better seince 014 teen.

Lloyd wish you all a great day we are going to work cattle today Ivemack them and tag new borns and lost taggs. my spell ck. still dosent work so struggle with my spelling.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's a rainy morning here.  That's OK because it was s**w they were predicting. 

Donna, there's a little square up in the right hand corner of the SHOUT BOX.  If you click on it the shout box closes.  Thanks for reminding me.  I forgot I could do that.

I'll be back later to visit with everyfriend.  It's time to feed the doggies....me too.

Note..I see that Joan has beat me to the shout box answer.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Peeter
It says you havent made it so if you sop by here , Up date I am going out soon to get cattle it big lot. got help comming and we are going to woork cattle today, see you later,  Lloyd

JoanFL

Good morning, Janie.  At least you don't have to shovel rain.  I'm having coffee and will have my breakfast a little later.

Lloyd--Good morning.  Don't work too hard moving the cattle.

Lloyd Hammond

Jane
you May keep the rain for a few days then turn it around and send it our way, I and hal can both use some,
I need to work cattle today and then I need to fenish the gradeing and smoothing in front of the green house. I think my grand Deaughter got the settings fixed on my crerna so I can take pictures of work done and other as progress, then either she or I can send email to Jennie Lee and she can post them. hate to be
such a bother. wish i could resize and post them.as i said myrembering not what it needs to be.
have a great day.

Lloyd

phyllis

Yesterday was the almost perfect day...weatherwise.  Clear blue sky, temps. in the 60s, no wind.  Just beautiful.  We went out to dinner and I had Chicken Fried Steak.  I haven't eaten that in years and enjoyed it very much.  Hal will know what Chicken Fried Steak is.

Nice to see all the "chickens coming home to roost" here.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, well not a nice here, wet snow is falling again and it is freezing out there again, in the low 20's. Sure glad I have a nice warm robe to put on when I get up in the morning.

JUNEE  glad you  made it to the new site. So good seeing you. I have to laugh at my daughter. Yesterday she told me only 61 more working days till retirement. Oh I sure did enjoy Joan's lemon DD's yesterday. Love just about anything lemon. How great your son brought you a hot chocolate.  Some evenings I make that for myself and enjoy it.

KELLY  the weather we have been having is not good for enjoying a walk.

CALLIE  I think it is great when a pastor gives the congregation a chuckle at times.

JUNE  yes my SIL can do many things and has the patience to stick to any thing he tackles. Summers will be hot in Arizona but they get snow where they will be living so have to be prepared for that. It was cold there last week and they wore winter jackets when going outside. They are up in the mountains there.

JANE  good thing you had pants on climbing over the car seat. It was only my last car that I had the doors freeze on me.

JENNY  I look forward to seeing your grands in that picture.  They sure are getting big. I still remember how happy you were when your first one was born.

SUN  we do what we have to do if we want to keep in touch with our cyber family. I am still having trouble getting used to my new keyboard and mouse. I love the wireless mouse and keyboard though. 2 less wires to tangle.

JAYWALKER  it is great getting groceries delivered but I miss going to the market and seeing what new items they have.

JOAN  your frittata will taste great this morning. Your choice of chuckles ty. his morning fits most of us here. I like A Portrait of Grace. Never hurts us to be thoughtful of others. Thank you for today's goodies.

KELLY  raining there again? Better than more snow here.

LLOYD  your herd getting bigger?

JANE  well we are getting the snow.

PHYLLIS  glad you had a good day yesterday.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Yep Phyllis, sure do and it is one of my favorite meals.  That or some good meaty ribs.

Kinda cool here this morning, heater is coming on pretty regularly.  But it is suppose to be a nice clear, warm day.  Springtime, well some of you would say summer, weather for us, just about 80 degrees. 

Lloyd no rain predicted for here until along about Friday and then only a slight chance.  Lot of luck working those cows.  They can sure be onry at times. You will be tired and sore when this day is over.

I have a doctors apmt at 11:30 today.  Hopefully will get some information.  I am sure tired of waiting.  But I may just get the daughter and wife to stop by Cracker Barrel and have one of their Chicken Fried Steaks.  Or maybe some chicken and dumplings.

Think coffee is ready, who wants a cup.  Come on in and sit awhile and we will swap tales.

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone,
from the breezy and cold,  Rocky
Coast of Maine. 
Warmer weather is on the way for the
rest of the week. 

Good to see Sun and Denver here.. 
Slowly,  everyone is getting back to
where they belong!

Have a good week,  Everyone!
Sandy
:crazy2: