Random Image

Shirley4 2016

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:48:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for June 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, June 01, 2021, 01:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  Especially you, Rammel!  I've wondered where you've been and if we'd ever see you back again.  I'm so glad you decided to take a chance on us! 

We had some rain off and on today.  I got all my stuff to the recycling and made a trip to WM.  It made me tired to go there!  I texted my daughter on vacation and told her how much I appreciate my personal shopper.  She does WM for me every week when she does her own. 

Tomorrow we're supposed to have more rain.  In fact, it's supposed to start during the night.  It's ok with me.  I don't have any plans except to walk the dogggie and we can run between the drops.

JACKIE....thanks for the poem.  I actually recited it on my walk.  I just kept thinking about it and at first I did it backwards because I had the last line first and after I had it all put together, I did it frontwards.

AMY, I think that expression is "The HURRIER I go, the behinder I get".  Or am I wrong about that?  I first heard that expression from my grandmother!  So it must be OLD!

I had something nice happen on our walk tonight.  The great grandkids of my friends down the street came running out to greet me when I was passing the house.  We talked for a bit and I walked on.  When I turned to wave at them, their mother was just getting in the car and the little girl was running after me down the street.  She handed me a copy of each of the kids school pictures to hang on my fridge.  I was very touched!  I guess we really are friends!

I have to take Mickie for her last outie and then head for the haystack.  I'm tired but not as bad as I thought I'd be.

I wish you all pleasant dreams and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Ms. Jane and Everyfriend who joins in later. 

AMY, I looked up that saying and we're both right!  It's been said both ways over the years!

Mickie has had her first outie and it's time for breakfast.  She hasn't seen fit to tell me that yet but she's starting to get antsy.

I have no special plans for today.  My church is having a special outdoor "Bless the farms" service today followed by a picnic and it's kind of far and kind of early.  I don't make plans to drive anywhere before 10 and this is about 8 or so miles beyond my current limit.  So I do not plan to go.  I really like this service but a limit is a limit!  And I'm sure God understands!

I wish you all a good day....better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.

Amy

Good morning..

Calling for rain but doesn't look like it yet. Can't imagine how the crops will be this year if we soon don't get rain. A day of rest with just putzing about.

Jane, can't remember if I told you but the kids put in the crooked neck squash this year. I have a feeling it will take over their yard as they do grow! Their dogs won't eat their food unless there is a spoonful of pumpkin in it.

Better get on with the day.

Enjoy your day and stay safe

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Cats all fed, I've decided to go to the 11:30 service and offered to take my daughter-in-law to lunch if she wants to go that time (since both boys are in CO). Cats have been waking me us a the 3:00 am time frame so we eat & go back to bed until about 9:00 or 10:00... makes for a short day. At midnight my Fitbit gave my arm a buzz to tell me I already had my 150 zone min for the WEEK. Not sure how that can be, but I've usually got that done before Sunday is over. That's the time the heart rate is high enough to consider "cardio" speed needed to burn calories. How can that be the first min of counting? Don't know, but my daughter is both jealous & fearful that it isn't good but I can eat anything & don't gain weight. At 86 I'm not questioning, it's a fact.

Jane & Amy, I don't remember ever hearing that phrase before June saying, she was special & I do miss all those we've been lucky enough to meet over the years.

Better go put the French toast into the toaster that I got out of the freezer last night. I mix up a batch with 8-10 eggs for a sandwich loaf of bread, plenty of sugar, little milk & vanilla and a dash of salt, of course.... fry it & freeze. Figured when it showed up in the cases at the store I would freeze my own & know I'm getting all the food value needed. My freezer is full so must eat out of it before I can put anything in. Stacking up because I haven't been camping to use it up.

Well, I didn't wake up at that very early hour (cats all out) but up like a shot at 6:00. Been an hour & only thing to show for it was fed cats. Callie has decided she wants to stay in the garage all the time. not sure why but she is sure getting stiff. She will follow me around the yard if I go out, or down to the river. Poor baby, I just can't trust her in the house unless I have time to just sit & talk to her. I've got to get everything out & scrub that floor before the boys get back from CO & the camper goes in the other side.

It is absolutely still out, guess I'd better go turn the sprinklers on out front, the Bermuda grass is starting to green & spread. I don't care what kind grows as long as it grows. One house down the street had all new sod put in this week. I never saw that done this time of year but it was/is a reliable company doing the work. Sadly it doesn't stay perfect with all the weeds that grow along the hill going down to the river. The city is doing a good job keeping it mowed but doesn't stop the weed-seed from spreading to lawns! And that's how it is in Kansas!

Lloyd Hammond

Vanilla-Jackie

Lloyd Hammond..
..and a good morning to you, although it is touching on mid day here in sunny UK..1.15 pm as i type..
" There is no present like the time "

Amy

Shirley ,were you tossing and turning all night!!  Camping has now opened in this area now , lots of motorhomes passing by on their way to different parks. We are also in a no burn area so no campfires and until we get rain it will remain so. Bugs are still bad not so blackflies but the darn skeeters. I just came in from watering the back garden and they soon find you and start to nibble!

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Sandy

Welcome Back to newly returned
posters.   You have been missed!!

The weather here on the rocky coast of Maine
is cooler and less humid now,,  very  pleasant!

That "Rare Day in June" is back and I am going to
enjoy every minute of it.   

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Amy

I love a lazy day...listening to the birds sing and the antics they go through eating  the treats thrown out for them.

Just talked with both Lloyd and Nancy ,Lloyds computer is giving him grief but he is getting it fixed.

Both dogs are laying flat out, one under my desk and the other beside us. She doesn't know it yet but she is going to get a pedicure  ;)  which she is not a fan of.

Jimmy Dean

Shirley

I still have one cat to give flea treatment to but must be a mind reader, she disappears every time I see her & start plotting............. Been to church & lunch with DIL (my treat) so tummy full and ready for a nap. Nice Sunday to everyone! 

Denver

A good Sunday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND!  I am sorry I have not posted but I hope you all will understand that I do not have much to say at all EXCEPT thank you for being here and giving me a place to come in and read about what ever you have to chat about😘

Sadly, there is nothing good to report about Michele.  She is declining much faster than any of us are prepared to accept.  Hospice is involved and we are praying that Dave will accept more help from them. Michele has decided that the end is near and sadly we think she is correct 💔🙏 I wish more than anything that this were not where we are, but Michele has fought harder than pretty much anyone could as you all well know💔🙏All of your positive thoughts and prayers have meant so much to us and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts❣️

Happy wishes to all. We are here with family everyday now to assist any way we can💞

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Jenny, I am so sorry to read this. Michele has fought harder than any army has. She has never given up and ready for the next treatment they may have for her. She is one amazing lady in my mind..we are privileged to follow her journey through you..thank you for including us.  Prayers still being said.
Jimmy Dean

patricia19

Jenny, I am so very sorry! Michele, and your entire family has and will always continue to be in my thoughts with love.

Shirley

Jenny, I am so very sorry that she is ready to give up, but she has the right to be kept comfortable for the rest of her time. Every time I've known of someone turning to Hospice, they have been like angels with their service, the patient and family all share with their care. I do believe all of us in here have prayed and grieved with you and for you, and most of all for those children. She will remain in their hearts as a wonderful role model and tell their children what a brave person she has been during this time. Extra prayers that Dave can find peace with what Hospice can give all of them. He has fought hard to keep her and now it is harder to let go, but she is in good hands until she reaches out for God's hand.

Denver

AMY, PATRICIA and SHIRLEY......THANK YOU 💞💞💞
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

JENNY, I'm writing this with tears in my eyes!  I've prayed so hard for Michele and I know she is in God's hands.  Her family will have loving memories to keep for years because she certainly is a fighter!  You would not believe how sad I feel for all of you who have tried so hard!  I'm sure she feels the love.  My prayers go with all you!

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. I had a hard time getting the reply button again this morning and made a post and hit post and away it went, to LA LA land. this old house sure looks bare, we are supposed to get help this morning and get the rest of our things moved today except for what we are going to sell at the sale on the 25 th. sure is change hope it is for the best.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning...

Cool morning and no rain. We did have thunder yesterday evening,,,,but no rain.

Have to take garbage away today , meet up with friends then home to work about.

Lloyd, a new beginning for you and Nancy await you.

Better get moving..

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning everyfriend!  It's a bit cooler this morning but humid!  The water company is flushing their systems this week and next week and I don't know exactly when my turn is so I have lots of good water sitting around.  I have to can the chicken broth today and I don't want the water to come out brown when I need it the most.

LLOYD, good wishes on  your move.  I know the hardest thing I've done in my life was to move out of the house where I raised my family.  I was packing boxes by myself and feeling down one day when my daughter, Christy stopped by to help.  when she asked what was wrong and I said, "It's so hard to leave the place that's been home to all of you for most of your lives and move into a place that never was even close to being your home."  She answered, Mom, don't you know that wherever YOU are is HOME to all of us.  It's not a place.  It's the people that make a home".  I never forgot that and it's turned out to be true.  I wish you luck, love and happiness in your new place!

I have to get ready for an appointment with the ear dr. this morning.  I hope she can adjust my "new ears" to screen out some of the "noise" and let in more voices!

I guess I better get something done before my appointment so I'm ready when I get home and I can make some progress.  My plan for today is to can the leftover chicken broth, chope up the chicken and bag it for soup, salad and dog food, and cook the ground turkey for "whatever".  Not a lot of stuff but time consuming. 

I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.

patricia19

Good morning. It's one rare day here without a cloud in the sky, and we're back on our way to that 83° or higher that we reached yesterday.

Nothing on the horizon except housework that I put off all weekend and a computer account tweak here and there. Oh, and a phone call is needed for a lost account number. I hate those! To add insult to injury, their hold music is always tinny and off-key.

Lloyd, I can only agree with Jane, your family is your home. Your granddaughter, family, and your little great-grandson will be there with you and Nancy. And you will have new adventures!

For those who enjoy grizzly salmon fishing, the Brooks Falls Brown Bear Cams are live again!

https://tinyurl.com/49pekwut

Amy

Happy Flag Day..

mail.jpg flag day.jpg

When Freedom from her mountain height,   
Unfurled her standard to the air,   
She tore the azure robe of night,   
And set the stars of glory there!   
–Joseph Rodman Drake (1795–1820)

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Today is not only flag day, it's the first anniversary of the loss of my sister's husband.  I never called him my BIL.  He was always my brother!  I wished for him for a lot of years and he turned out to be the best brother any girl could ever have.  I spent an hour on the phone with my sister, remembering all the good times!  I think she needed to hear it said. 

Now I'm off to the haystack.  I only got the chicken broth canned today.  Other stuff just kept cropping up so the chicken still had to be shredded and packed for future meals and the turkey burger still has to be cooked. 

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Vanilla-Jackie

Lloyd Hammond...see it as a new chapter in your life...quoting your " sure is change hope it is for the best. "
" There is no present like the time "

Amy

Good morning

We are off and running this morning as I have a dental appointment at 8 am. Then on over to a wee village to pick up 2 flats of strawberries, one for us and one for our friends. Good day for a drive,overcast and cool.
I know what my work will be when I get home.

We had a beautiful rain yesterday evening and into the night. At times it wa a deluge ,leaving ponds all over the lawn. No need to water now for a good week and I bet the rain barrel is filled to the brim!

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  My mornings have been starting early thanks to Mickie.  She seems to think that when daylight comes through the window, it's time to hit the deck running!  Around here, that's 5:30! 

I figured out what the dogs have been barking out every time they're in the yard.  A couple of the feral cats have taken up residence in my neighbor's lilac bush and since they are on the side AWAY from THEIR house, they are visible to my dogs on MY side of the bush.  And they know the dogs are contained so they just lie there and stare while the dogs bark their heads off!  Doesn't matter what time it is.

I'm making a list for "Things to do Today" and I'm going to keep to it.  And that's what I'm saying right now.

AMY, are you making any jam with your strawberries?  I'm sure some will go in the freezer for savoring in the winter months!  Nothing like strawberry shortcake in January!

I better get started or today will end up like lots of other days...."DO NOTHING!"

I have to make a quick trip somewhere, probably Davy's.  I forgot to get a red onion that I need for a recipe.  Maybe I'll get a couple, chop them up and freeze some so this won't happen again.

I hope you all have a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Amy

Jane, we have a lot of jam from  last year, these will go in the freezer and some on the table.
 We don't eat a lot of jam her and I prefer raspberry or marmalade on  my toast. Will give some to the neighbour to enjoy. These are fresh picked, a family owned business where you can go and pick if you like.
I also have to come up with some ideas on how to preserve garlic..my friend said we are splitting on a bushel!! May try pickling some and try freezing some??
This rain will really help the gardens come along.
Smart cats, they know how to tease and torment the dogs!
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone.  This lemon and Windows had done another update after I shut down. I did not want that update but it went on and back to where it was before my grandson was here. I was disgusted to say the least. I have used Google as my browser for several years and Microsoft was trying to do everything. All I did yesterday was play a few games of MahJong  that came in with it. In the evening I was playing MahJong when here we go again. Updating Windows 10 this time. I just  let it go and went to bed. This morning it was back to 2018 again grrrrr &(*&u#^)(.I finally got to this page and here I am. I am fine but  I want a new PC. Told my son and grandson t o get me a new one and get rid of this one. So tired of all the darn problems I have had with this HP since day 1.

JANE  you mentioned about yesterday being Flag day-3 years ago we had a big birthday party here for a lady who turned 100. She was so surprised. The next day her daughter took her  to Arizona where she lived so she could be with family there. A week later she had a stroke and passed away. We still miss her, she never acted her age and was always full of fun.

AMY  i t rained all day yesterday but we did not even get an inch of rain. Cloudy now and rain is in the forecast for the rest of the week.  I asked  to helper that was sent how good she is with back massage and she told me she was a homemaker and not a CNA. With this weather I sure need that massage. I hope today I do get a CNA.  Guess this is just a taste of what is instore for me when Yvette has the knee replacements.

JANE  I am sure it will NOT be a do nothing day for you. I wish I could do a fraction of all you do, especially cooking. Right now between cereal and the TV dinners that Yvette filled my freezer with I am eating nothing home made.

AMY  when you know how to preserve garlic let me know. I don't use much of it and throw more away than what I use. With an onion I chop it up and freeze it.

I better ge t moving and get dressed before today's new person gets here. Hope I can get here tomorrow and this lemon does not pull anymore surprises on me.

Have a good day and s tay safe

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

patricia19

Good morning, another bright cloudless day in the Interior at 60° and heading toward another mid-eighties day. It's just after 7 AM, and Farrah and I have eaten, and showered, although she was more paws on with hers.

Today I'll still be working on different odd jobs and hopefully more laundry.

Gloria, I know what you mean about HP. However, I wouldn't recommend that company to anyone!

Yesterday, I had cucumber salad and burgers that were so good that I left the recipes for everyone in the recipe corner, "What's for dinner." Today will be the leftovers instead of the sausages I had originally planned. Last night was not enough, and I need more.   :)

Here's hoping everyone has a good day, and everything on their list is finished in record time! 

JaneS

Hey there, y'all!  It was a beautiful day in Central PA!  The high temps were in the low 70s and the sun was in and out...there but not blinding!  We had all our walks and I have stuff ready to make a new kind of relish and can it tomorrow.  I finished most of the important stuff on my list but one thing is left over for tomorrow.  Instead of picking up Cooper, Frankie decided to spend the night.  She brought the leftovers of a chicken she had in the fridge and I made tater tots and corn to go with it for supper. 

She did the dishes after supper and I cleaned the leftover chicken off the bones and tomorrow we'll have chicken salad sandwiches for lunch.  I'm not sure what the rest of her plans are, she doesn't have to work but Cooper has an appointment at the groomer.  M

My grandniece is up here doggy sitting with my daughter's doggy while they are on vacation.  I'm thinking we might call her and see if she wants to go to The Fence for supper. 

I'm also thinking that I might hit the haystack a bit early tonight.  I'm already walking in my sleep! 

AMY, I'm not a fan of strawberry jam either but I love fresh strawberries in cream for breakfast...or lunch...or supper!  We have one of those family owned berry farms up the road from here, too.  You can go and pick your own and I'm on her email list to get notification when whatever is ready to be picked.  I didn't go for strawberries this year because I still have some jam and I could buy enough local strawberries at Davy's to just EAT!

My friend and I are going for black raspberries as soon as it's time.  That will be sometime in mid to late July!  I also need some red raspberries.  Raspberries are my favorites.  There used to be wild ones growing on my grandparents farm and it was an "eat all you can" whenever we went to the farm.  They always knew where to find us when the raspberries were ripe.

PATRICIA, I envy you getting your sorting and straightening up done.  Every day, I see something that I REALLY SHOULD do and most of the time, I don't do it!  I do something I'd RATHER do! 

I'm going of now and finish up what needs to be done and going to bed early.  I wish you all a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Shirley

I am ready to roll into bed. Tiger doesn't want to go out but Tom & Callie are sitting around the pool, guarding their space. Earlier today I thought I saw Tiger sitting at the door so opened & that little stray shot out of here like a flash. I really didn't take a good look, but it sure wasn't Tiger! All have been fed & last load dry & folded, so I'm outta here!

Not sure the high, did hear the man on the radio mention 97 and 99 but haven't watched tonight to see what it actually got to. The outside themometer on my window over the sink was saying 120 late this afternoon, but the sun hit it for a few minutes. I went out to put fresh water in the big clam shell that sits on the ground (concrete), all the birds love it but today a bright Baltimore Oriole started prancing around the rim, jumped in & came out muddy looking! Made me feel so bad, poor bird. One after another cleans up in it, we never put it up on a pedestal so the ducks used it those years. The robins use because Mama makes a new nest with ever batch (Missy always had 3 per summer). She flies off to the river & brings back mud in her bill & she mushes it into the twigs of the nest (and we always put out colored Easter grass for Missy), so she climbs into the nest & rubs her breast against the mud to pack it in and after she is done for the day, she comes to clean up. I guess the other birds do the same, but this clam shell does get a lot of dirt in the bottom with all those girls cleaning up!

I'm heading to bed, a last swig of water & check to make sure cats are happy where they are. Well, Tom came in to see if anyone left anything in their bowl... someone did. He'd cleaning it up. Callie is still laying by the pool & Tiger sitting on a chair near me. Okay, Tom used the litter box & went back out for the night. Sweet dreams to all, God Bless and see y'all in the morning!  Shirley