Random Image

Baby Bev

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:56:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for June 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, June 01, 2021, 01:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Thanks, Ok Ok don't hit me again I will try to do better.

Lloyd

Shirley

Lloyd, glad to see you and sorry for what you & Nancy are going through. Sadly, some people "do favors" for a reason, to force payback over & over.  I'm older than you so I know these things! Haha... Seriously, I've become cynical (believing that people are motivated by self-interest) the older I get, so my daughter sort of raised her eyebrows at one of my cracks about someone while she was staying with me during the cataract surgeries. I could tell she thought I was being overly critical about someone UNTIL... yep, a worm turned on her and reality/shock hit her in the face. I guess there have always been people that only do what will benefit themselves, but a lot of people "smile because they want to make someone else feel happy". Hopefully we will all meet enough people with true, kind & generous hearts that they will "out number" the greedy, sneaky & conniving ones.

I had my own disappointment this morning. I've been shopping online for a self-propelled vacuume sweeper like my old Hoovers that are worn out. BUT, can't find one, only one like it is "out of stock". SO, yesterday I checked yellow pages for a vacuume repair shop & called to ask if they worked on these old Hoover Wind Tunnels... person said they did & would give a free estimate what it would cost for repairs. I loaded one of those heavy dudes in the back seat of this tiny Encore & took it down today. Lady at the desk said they couldn't get parts for them at all~~~ No debate or "let's have a look at it" or anything! I was foaming at the mouth after the struggle to get it in the car. I left with a smile that not sincere! Had she been at all congenial I would have looked at the models on that show room floor! No way would I do business with that place!

One of my two still propels forward but not back, both motors are fine, probably belt problems so will see if son, Andy, will find time to have a look one of these days. I bought a top of the line Shark that can take the power head off to use, bUT it doesn't stand on it's own or have power drive feature. Hard to admit but the energy & power drive in this 86 year old body is running down.

Can't find help, people around here are used to big money working for the aircraft industry & are making too much money to NOT work when laid off. Oh, well, little dust never hurt anyone, right? Think this calls for a nap. I did get the trimming done early & pulled the lettuce out of the trug... The wind is bouncing tree branches up & down and it's blistering hot.

JaneS

Day is done... Gone the sun....

The zzzzs in the haystack are calling my name and the slamshuts have taken over my eyeballs.  I'm heading for the hay!

But I have to tell you that all that talk of salmon made me hungry for some and since Davy's only carries natural and home grown foods, they've begun to carry wild caught salmon from Alaska.  I bought two patties today and checked out what all they have.  I'll be back to that case for sure and I'll think of PATRICIA when I eat it!

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Lloyd Hammond..
...who is " hitting you " we'll sort them out... :D
" There is no present like the time "

Amy

Good morning..

Quiet out there....very few birds singing this morning.
We are off in a bit to get groceries. The store opens at 7 for us oldies.

Kyle cut the grass yesterday ,hope we soon get rain or it will be crispy.

Jane , enjoy your salmon..now you have me thinking of the fillet that I have in the freezer.

Patricia, if you need to get into anything head this way...gardening,housework, you name it there is always
 work to be done...no wood piling though as we have done that.....sorry :))

Better get ready for town..

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

This is going to be a quick one because Mickie got us up very early this morning and after she did her thing, I chose to go back to bed for a bit.  It turned out to be an hour and a half!  I guess I wasn't finished!

Now she's thinking of a walk and we need to get that in before the "swelters" or the predicted rain comes.  I hope you all have a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.

Gloria

DARN my long post disappeared. Wanted you to know my grandson was here yesterday and worked on this lemon. He was all over with his flying fingers on the keyboard with so many pages open I dopn't know how he could tell which was which. My mouse was getting on his nerves yesterday, has not worked right since I got home from rehab. He called las t night  and told me when he left here he went and bought me a new one and will bring it Saturday, hope he brings my little Sweetie with him.

Good  to be back. I sure missed all of you.  Yvette is now on vacation and will be gone a couple of weeks. She needs to see a doctor when she gets home because she has arthritis in both knees and needs both replaced. I so dislike haveing someone different every day. Some are lazy and others just do not know how to even wash dishes. Oh well-Beggars cannot be choosers-well I am not a beggar but I cannot choose who I want either or the time they are sent.

Have a good day and stay safe and healthy.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Hello everyone , Hope you all are having a good day. we are supposed to move into our new home Monday and Tuesday. dose not have the internet there that we Have, it is not serviced there, they have hues net and it is a lot Higher. I am not a happy camper. see you later.

Lloyd

Amy

A gentle shower is blessing the earth here..can hear a sigh coming from the dry ground. 
Had a great shop this morning, picked up canning lids which have been like either hens to find on sale!! Some for our friends and family came home with me.

Gloria, YAY!! finally a new mouse for you. You have a fantastic grandson...and I hope you get to see the great grandson when he comes back.

Lloyd,  you will find a way  to get back on line and back here with us. Take it easy in the moving, let the young ones carry the heavy stuff...
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

Good morning, it's cloudy and 56° here this morning, heading for a high of mid-seventies. In other words, the same as the past week. Hmmm, while it says, Accuweather, that is, that we're to have a thundershower this morning, but that the probability of thundershowers is zero.

Jane, Alaska, is surrounded on three sides by water, to the North and Northwest the Beaufort Sea and the Chukchi sea, both of which merge into the Arctic Ocean. To the Southeast is the Gulf of Alaska, which blends into the Pacific Ocean. And the Bering sea is to the Southwest. On the East is Canada, and that border is 1,538 miles long. So, we've been friends with Canada and fishing a long, long while.

Amy, I'd love to come and help, especially if meals were included!  8)

So much of what's been done has sat there waiting since February! Now I can breathe again!

Gloria, so nice to see you, and I hope you get to see your great-grandson too. I was hoping to get housekeeping here, but with the pandemic, agencies were overstressed and overwhelmed, providing only minimal services and those with a waiting period!

patricia19

12 Science and History 'Facts' That Changed Since You Were in School

We gained an ocean and a continent, we lost a planet, rain is not tear-shaped, and maybe the brontosaurus existed after all.
megwalbert

https://tinyurl.com/d8fufe7j

You may not want to read the articles altho I found them fascinating!
But you will want to see a short film in which three guys in full gear, a fireman, a soldier, and a knight in armor complete to see who "wins" at the obstacle course!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAzI1UvlQqw&feature=emb_imp_woyt

Amy

Patricia, you would be most welcomed. The video was amazing......I was rooting for them and it sure had a surprise ending for me! Thank you.
Jimmy Dean

Amy

This is a new one on me!! Thought I had seen just about everything until today.....son was out and about took photos and sent them to me. I googled and this is what it was. I can hear Shirley thinking oh  I would like one of those...or two.

https://tinyurl.com/2u9rr5sw

Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good afternoon/ evening. we are getting on and off light rain showers, Mostly off. Is in the lower 90's. and very humid. Hard to get my breath. Hope it is better for you all.

Lloyd 

Amy

Janie, I wish you wouldn't be so generous with your slam shuts. I am calling it a night......

Just to let everyone know Bubble could use some healing prayers as she is not up to par but will be back in a couple of days.  So we had better be good.. Shirley, no swinging off the chandelier and Janie you can turn the lights down low.
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Oh, Amy, I'm giggling so hard the screen is bouncing (okay, it's my eyes)... thanks but NO thanks to a wooly pig! I want a watch dog, not cats or anything that can't bark! 

Lloyd, we've been having the off & on showers for a couple hours, was sweltering hot all day & so humid it was hard to breathe. Have almost an inch of rain in the gauge, we needed it and the pool also needed some. This hot dry wind just sucks the moisture out.

Patricia, I haven't slowed down to check your links.... phone calls & ran to the optical shop to pick up my new sunglasses. They didn't do quite as good of job on them as the first pair without tint, but I left those glasses to have them take that blasted "fog protection" off. That drove me nuts trying to clean them. He said they will have to remake them so I offered to GIVE them back the frames I paid for from them, if they will put the new lens in some of my old frames. The old ones have spring nose & ear pieces and are so comfortable compared with these titanium ones they are so proud of. Anyway, will be a difficult week trying to use sunglasses all the time. I see fine for anything up close or near but even across the room starts to blur.

Radar sure is not showing all this rain over Wichita! Still hear some thunder. Tom & Callie were out when it started so they are hunkered down & won't be back until it's over. They know where to go to stay dry.

Gloria, hope the new mouse helps. Sorry Yvette is on vacation & may need surgery. Hopefully you will get someone you can enjoy and she will know how to get a job done. I am shocked at how much strength I've lost in my hands & legs. Got to do something to build back up or I won't have the strength to drive.... and as John Wayne would say, "that'll be the day!"

Have any of you heard from Bubble?  I left a message over in Photos but so far nobody has said anything. I sent her a couple photos the other day, (my growing tomato crop) but haven't heard if she got them. Last post I saw was a photo she had from Don.

Eweeee... the sky just turned that slime green. Very pretty & no warnings of severe weather. Trees are bouncing with wind gusting from different directions. Interesting (to me).

I'm going to put my jammies on & be ready for bed as soon as Tom & Callie show up. They get one more meal before bedtime. Tomorrow I hope to clean out the garage while Andy's camper is in Colorado. Such a mess out there, Callie has 2 litterboxes & the training pad but not sure if it is she or some other critter that visits when I leave the garage door up a tad, but somebody has missed all the proper places. The floor needs a good scrub out, quite a job with so many boxes of stuff sitting around, have to drag all out to the yard before getting the hose out.

Sky still green & trees swinging every direction. Lightning & thunder but NO warnings. Pool water is to top of skimmer so somebody better turn the faucet off.

Sweet dreams & God Bless. Thanks for the update about Bubble, Amy 

patricia19

That was interesting I thought. To put a firefighter in full gear and a soldier in full gear alongside a knight in an authentic suit of armor and have all three compete against each other on an obstacle course!

I would root, Amy, for the first one and then for another!  :smitten:

JaneS

Remember the guy on "Green Acres" who had the pig that wore clothes and could talk so his owner could understand him?  SHIRLEY, that might be fun!

I'm ready to hit the hay.  I didn't know the slamshuts could get away.  I thought they just stayed here and tormented me.  Today, I had a bad case of the "do-nothings"!  The only constructive thing I got done was clean the strawberries I got at Davy's and made dinner. 

I ate one of the salmon patties I bought yesterday with sweet potato french fries in the air fryer and some frozen peas for supper.  It was pretty good!  Maybe more tomorrow.  I got 2 patties.

I hear the zzzzs out in the hall.  They're coming for me!  I'm ready!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Vanilla-Jackie

Lloyd Hammond...
...time to retire, make the most of your time left, you have done more than your share of hard work-hard labour, time to take life easy, and the pair of you ( Nancy ) enjoy what you have earn't while you still have time left to do so...

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well I agree with you  Shirley, I am ready when we get the R V put back together to hit the road. May rattle your cage for a little on our way west to Page to see brother and sis in law. I would like to drop on down to Lacrosse NM. and see folks there we know from Armey days.
when we was in the Armey and stationed there at white sands. when we lived there was open Land over the organ mouton and also to El Paseo Texas. Now it Is wall to wall all the way. we did not even get a enough rain to talk about, just a few sprinkle's drops. Sun has not showing it's face yet here today.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We got a nice, slow, soaking rain overnight.  We really needed it!  And I'm grateful!

This is just a quick check-in because it's time for Mickie's walk and I'm not even dressed yet and when we come back from our walk, she's going to ride up to the the recycling center with me and help me dump stuff!  I missed them 2 weeks ago because they were closed for the holiday weekend so we have a LOT of stuff!

I'm having fresh, local strawberries with sugar and cream on them for my breakfast.  Isn't there an old nursery rhyme about eating "strawberries, sugar and cream"?

Have a good day, everyfriend...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Vanilla-Jackie

Jane S...

Curly-locks, Curly-locks, Wilt Thou Be Mine?
Nursery Rhyme  ( any relation to Goldilocks )

Nursery Rhyme

Curly-locks, Curly-locks,
Wilt thou be mine?
Thou shalt not wash the dishes,
Nor yet feed the swine;
But sit on a cushion,
And sew a fine seam
And feed upon strawberries,
Sugar, and cream

Amy

Good morning. I hit the floor running ..well sedate walk and we went to a store that was off limits and now open to customers. What a treat it is to be able to pick up items on your own. We don't realize just how lucky we are at times.

Laundry will be on the line and more trimming of trees
 will be done today.

Jane ,David picked up a flat of strawberries, they are now ready here and I may get some to freeze.

Shirley, I thought my son was pulling the "woo" over my eyes when she sent the photo. They actually went up and pet them.

Better get at my day.....the faster I go the behinder I get!

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

Jimmy Dean

patricia19

Good morning from a bright and sunny Interior with not a cloud in sight at 8:50 AM! We're in the mid-fifties presently and headed for the mid-seventies. I imagine all the children and adults who're off are making grand plans for the day.

I need to return and have my hearing retested, but not until February's medical bill has been brought down more.

The closest I've been to anyone making a living as an actor was babysitting a toddler who, as an adult, has acted in various soap operas for the past thirty years. I wouldn't recognize him today, and I'm sure I never made a lasting babysitter impression with him during those early months.

Callie, some of us post what we have when we're able. Now that I'm feeling better, I'm able to do more and am looking forward to seeing my friends again at a large gathering and barbeque on the solstice.

In many ways, my city has been and still is,  on the total lockdown that began in March 2020. Yesterday there were fifty new cases in the state, but we had four deaths. The cases are the lowest they've been, but new cases are still occurring, as are deaths.

Gloria

Good morning every one, had some rain overnight, only know because the pavement is wet. Cloudy and in the low 60's but still very humid. Slept late and son will be here in half an hour and I am sitting  here with my coffee trying to really wake up.

PATRICIA  for such a small state we have a long shore line. North and part of east is Mass. and west is Conn. The rest is the Atlantic. Since Yve tte is on vacat ion the help I got yesterday was not a  CNA and could not give me a back massage that I really needed. She is a homemaker and pregnant, due next month. Her 4th one. Agencies here are short handed with so many having youngsters at home and no school they had to quit. Also they do not pay them much and some have a lot of driving between clients and do not have enough gas money to cover it so it comes out of the workers pockets.

AMY  thanks for the news about Bubble. I ha te any member of our "family" no t feeling up  to par.

My son has been here and lef t already.    He went to the farm and now I have a quart of beau tiful fresh s trawberries wai ting  to be washed and hulled.

CALLIE  I cannot even talk abou t the housework I did or the food I cooked. Canno t do eit her anymore, my cooking is TV meals, at least some of them are pretty good.

Better get a  move on and get dresse d out of my gown and robe before my grandson gets here.

Have a good day and be safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

patricia19

Gloria, it is the same here as to agency help available. I'm glad to see you can return to posting, and I hope your new mouse helps.

Your state may be smaller, but we share the majority of coastlines. And your state has a much higher population.

Alaska has 33,904 miles of shoreline. The estimated tidal shoreline, including islands, inlets, sounds, and bays, is 47,300 miles. In terms of land area at 570,380 square miles yet a population of 730, 359. Only Vermont and Wyoming have smaller populations.

RAMMEL

At the suggestion of one of S&Fs posters I have decided to jump back in --- easy at first I suspect.
Bubble - Get well soon.
Don - Hello / good wishes.
I can ignore that which I feel is out of place, rude, or otherwise unacceptable.
Mary Page - I've been peeking in here since I went quiet but I like your posts, and that in part helped my decision to come back.
Too many nice people here to just walk away.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Vanilla-Jackie

Rammel ( Rick ) you did it ;) we have been lacking male members, welcome back to our fold...

RAMMEL

Quote from: Vanilla-Jackie on June 12, 2021, 06:21:33 PMRammel ( Rick ) you did it ;) we have been lacking male members, welcome back to our fold...
Thank You
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Shirley

And I'm also happy to see you, too, Rick. Hope all is well in your world... for today, that's all we can count on. Big Welcome Back!

Just got a text from #1 son that #2 son made it to Salida, CO (in one piece). I took those boys out when they were 12 & 14 by myself. Their father & I took them the year before and he hated camping, hated bear country and hated not having a shower every day. They were 12 & 14 first time I took them out alone and now are 58 & 60... and I didn't get to go this year. My choice, well, my decision, because oxygen was in low 70s when I got there last year & I understand the "organs can start shutting down at that number". Anyway, guess my babies are grown up and can do without me.  :tissue:

Have I mentioned that I have bites ALL over my body, as we used to say, "where the sun doesn't shine". At first I figured it had to be chiggers that moved in with the high water because I did go down to the river without putting on bug spray. Also had been cutting down all the little trees that sprout up everywhere not wanted, so my arms in the weeds.... only today I did see a little black dot on Tom's orange fur & the dot moved into the fur so. I put the out of date Sentry Fiproguard on Tom & Tiger, still haven't caught Callie for treatment, and ordered new from Amazon that will have to wait a while before putting on. Do not know if this stuff is effective when out of date. I made a trip to Walmart for fresh "itch" medicine but doesn't seem to have any effect. Will be doing laundry from now to the end of summer to wash all the sheets & blankets & cat beds. I still have not really SEEN a flea, except that black dot on Tom, but this isn't my imagination!

And now it is time to eat, shower & go to bed again.