Random Image

Madison and fe cropped

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:03:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for July 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, July 01, 2021, 12:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patricia19

Our fairgrounds and numerous playground and ballpark areas are full of evacuated people in motorhomes, trucks, cars, or vans. Farm animals and larger pets are stabled at the fairgrounds. It's still zero percent contained, which is a surprise for me. Thirty people refused to leave the area and signed papers to that effect, and that they stayed against the official evacuation orders, which are still in effect.

https://akfireinfo.com/2021/07/09/reconnaissance-flight-around-munson-creek-fire-shows-varying-degrees-of-burn-intensity/

Not much else going on here. I repotted several plants & concluded that three, my lucky bamboo, my money tree, and my shamrock, are not doing their job. However, I guess I'll keep them as they are large and have grown well in the past three years.   ::)   All my plants are on two shelves of a well-barricaded eight-foot shelving unit as Farrah does enjoy her greens.   :knuppel2:

My goal this year was to cure my procrastination. I have an undated planner with stickers and discovered two forgotten hardbound books on my bookshelves on Achieving Your Goals in 100 Days. And the Ultimate Goal-Setting Planner. Both have never been written in. The planner was set up for June of last year, and my stated goals on my Keep app from 2017 are my goals today. It seems that my procrastination habit is both stronger and smarter than the rest of me...

I just saw that some heavy black clouds have come over the mountains, so perhaps if they veer east instead of the current southwest direction, they may have some effect on the fire as long as there isn't any lightning. I just heard some thunder, so we shall see. Which is worse, or should I say stronger, purple or black storm clouds?

I realized this morning that our three main festivals and parades have not occurred since the summer of 2019. Last year the 2020 state fair was canceled. Besides store sales, the only Solstice event was homegrown music acts and one or two streets of classic cars. I'd be hopeful of the summer of 2022, but we're still going strong with two separate Covid variants and new cases.

The salmon and the bears are back at the Katmai River Falls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM0jEZBvZ50

JaneS

Good Night my Friends!  I'm heading for the haystack!  It's been a weird day today and hope tomorrow is a better one.  I did accomplish a few things but they're the kind that don't show...paper work and putting things away and laundry!

PATRICIA, I hope that cloud brings rain to help douse that fire.  I just can't imagine the size of it!

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow!  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

Well, Patricia, I've been sitting here giggling at your procrastinating about fixing your flaw of procrastination.... I suffer from the same flaw. I have all kinds of books & notebooks my daughter has given me to fix the problem, right now I'm procrastinating about even thinking about it. So be it & that'll go on with the same ambitious mind. Happy to see someone out there understands!

Only thing I really accomplished today was I cleaned out my purse. Well, it is a large tote my daughter gave me that LV swears the handles will hold up to 400 lbs!  Haha, it's not quite to the max but a bottomless pit.

I also mixed up some chicken salad to go with the meat spread & sent along a couple of ears of corn, cleaned & ready to microwave, a few tomatoes, bag of mini donuts & some reading material for my kids returning from Vail & headed to Branson, MO for the next week. They do work hard & deserve to have something dropped in their lap to make them smile.

All cats are snuggled down for the night, I'm not pleased that Tom chose my bedroom, Tiger is sitting on the chair beside me & Callie in her garage. I figured Tom headed to my room to hide from a storm but radar showing nothing. But, had a tornado warning scrolling TV & now T storms in northwest KS. Not catching the exact location so will quit trying to multi-task. I'm blaming the problem on COVID, not age... but I used could do half a dozen things at the same time & never miss a beat. And I used to could dance all night & be at school on time next morning. Someday I will realize I am OLD!

Sweet dreams to all and God Bless. Shirley

patricia19

Shirley, I understand completely!

Amy

Good morning..

Despite rain being called for yesterday we didn't get it. We worked outside most of the day, cleaning up some lilacs that had taken over .Looking good out there now and the bird feeders(I have a few) are much easier to see and get at to fill. Still more work to be done but all in good time. We are loading up all the bags and limbs to take to the dump when it opens.

Procrastination? Are you sure your not just thinking of a better way to do the job?? That's my excuse. :2funny:

Better make the most of today as the next 4 days are to bring rain. We have black mulch to lay down along the fence after a garden cloth goes down. Trees that I put in when we first moved here have taken off like a house on fire. The flowering crab (ok Patricia? ) tree was a gift from a friend and it is beautiful in the Spring ,feeds the birds in the Fall and real messy to clean up next Spring.  We do have Mountain Ash that the birds enjoy come fall too.

Patricia, loved the video and I am going to pass it on to others to enjoy. Thank you.

Better find my git up and go.......seems to be in hiding lately.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

well Good morning everyone, It Is overcast and light drizzle here this morning, so i will be a couch Jockey at least this morning. I have plan to work on the raised beds if it clears off and Sil brings the pallet lumber to do the job with it. My flip phone dose not have service here, Nancy's straight talk phone dose though , but it cost $30 a month, I think I am going to bite the bullet and get one any way, Shure do not need to mess up my talk time. Have a great day. see you all later

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, boy did we get rain yesterday morning but by mid afternoon it stopped snd about 4:30 the sun came out and it got hot again. Last night we  had a thunderstorm and more rain. I think the ground is happy but people aren't.

LLOYD  I never minded having teeth out but the last one was bad.Got infected and I ended up in the hospital from too many antibiotics. I will never let that dentist put her little finger in my mouth again.Hope you feel better today.

PHYLLIS  there was flooding in the places that always flood here. That area has always flooded when it rains. Those who built there always complain and now want the government to buy them out. They knew it flooded when they built. Like out west building in a dry river bed. There could be a flash flood when they get rain and get washed away. 

PATRICIA  there was a fire in San Diego several years ago and my daughter and SIL had to evacuate. Her faither in law who lived next door refused to leave but he had  too. He had lived there for more tha n 50 years and never had to before. He had to and was not happy. Luckily there was a new freeway being built up at the end of their road and all that dirt in a wide area stopped the flames so their road was saved. 

JANE  you did accomplish something yesterday even if it did not show.

SHIRLEY  we have thunderstorms in the forecast for today again.

SHIRLEY  just be glad you can do things and still move around. I would love to be able to do half of what I did just a few years ag o. Now with this darn back mos t of what I can do is sit here  or lay on the couch most of the day. Cannot walk at all without the rollator and cannot stand at the stove to cook anything. I do not like being waited on.

AMY  we did get the  rain and then a Tstorm last night with more rain.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's not raining here today but, so far, the sun isn't shining either.  That's OK with me because it made my run to the recycling center easier.  I've been there and back and Mickie had her walk and we both had breakfast.  Now I'm checking in here and then getting a shower and getting ready to go with Cathy to the Mennonite store! 

I managed to drag my big bag of weeds over to the car but as I stood there with the trunk open, I knew there was no way I was going to be able to lift that bag into my car trunk!  So I just dragged it out of the way and took the smaller bucket to recycle.  I'm not sure what to do about the big bag because anyone who is available to help me get it in the car, isn't available Saturday morning.  And I sure don't want a wet bag of weeds in my car for an extended period of time.  The smell would be awful!  And I sure don't want to root around in a bag of wet, dirty weeds to make manageable size containers.  Any suggestions?

I don't talk about "procrastination!  I tell everyone that I have the "Scarlett" syndrome.  You know..."I'll think about that tomorrow!"  I think she had the right idea!

Nice to "see" all of you!  Have a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Amy

Jane, tie a ribbon around it and set it out saying "Free To A Good Home"

Sorry ,couldn't resist that... :2funny:
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Vanilla-Jackie

"Procrastination is my sin, 
 it brings me naught but sorrow.
 I know that i should stop it,
 in fact i will tomorrow!"

~ Gloria Pitzer...
" There is no present like the time "

patricia19

Good morning, another sunny day for the Interior, even if yesterday's sunny day ended with a quick drenching. I noticed this morning that even though the sun started setting about midnight, there was still a good-sized rim of bright colors after 2 AM. I was up with a good book, and I kept thinking, just one more chapter, so I was up very late, and that will punish me sometime today.

Amy, I may have to adopt Scarlet's motto as well!   I don't think I'll adopt your gardening aesthetic; however, "The flowering crap tree, was a gift from a friend, and it is beautiful in the Spring, feeds the birds in the Fall, and real messy to clean up next Spring." Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Good morning Lloyd!

Gloria, I can't see anyone refusing to leave when a fire is heading your way or another natural disaster. Some people rebuild in floodplains and Anchorage, rebuilt in Earthquake park just a few years after people died there, hence the name.

I'm finding more and more that I can't do some things. For example, climbing up into a city bus or walking for any length of time. I'm having to be really patient with myself and parceling out the chores for when I have the most energy in a day.

Jane, I have more going to the trash or donation table these days, but the building has some rolling carts in the lobby for resident's usage. The problem lies in finding one in peak times!

My ex-brother-in-law used to do something similar with his garbage, Amy. They lived outside of town,  and after they burned the important papers in their woodstove, he would box it up nicely, put a fictitious address on it and leave it in the back of his pickup while he was in town. Invariably, when he returned, his garbage was gone.

I find it ironic that I was marked down for excessive comma use in all my school classes. Now, my Grammarly editor puts them back in!

Shirley

Haha, Jackie, right on the dot!  :2funny:

Amy, you are SO ornery! Fantastic idea, just make sure the bag is tied tight so they can't see what's inside where you live & dump it out!

Gloria, at least you've had the good sense to move to a place that does take care of the major upkeep of yard & building. You'd think I did ALL the work around here with all my griping. This past year all my un-done jobs are showing up & can't hide them anymore. Can close only so many doors & what's crammed behind those closed doors is growling every time I push something else in. It's the cats fault.... really, it is.  :-\

Lloyd, I sympathize with you about having to give up the flip phone.... I don't like cell phones anyway & so much I don't understand about these "smart" ones. I don't mind using them when I am not in town but they sure are nice when my "land line" phones are out! My kids use their phones for everything from shopping to talking & "navigation".... mine isn't that smart, at least I don't understand their directions.

I'm not having much luck with my gardening this year, the lettuce went to seed too fast & the tomatoes were supposed to be great big & so far about the size of a ping pong ball. The egg shells Amy recommended have stopped the bottoms from rotting and what little is left after cutting the bottoms off is hardly a mouth full, but they are sweet!

I am washing my bedding right now, usually wait until early morning or late-late evening to not use power during peak times.... but early & late isn't working so well, I crash. Don't remember a year when I didn't open windows/sliding doors & have the house cooler but the AC is running 24/7 this summer. Even if the thermometer says cooler out the humidity is higher. Whine-whine

And now it's time to think lunch... My breakfast was about 3:30am, I did go back to bed for an hour & half, but no work done so far. I'm starting to think I am just plain lazy & using AGE as an excuse. Tom was in my room last night & thought it time to go out about 3:00am & I stalled him for a while & gave up, we came in to eat & the day crazy since.

I understand the hours you keep, Patricia, been my way of life since Cas died. I just get up or go to bed when it works out best. This week I am running short on sleep, tho. I do take naps whenever it feels right, but invariably the phone rings & it's one of those robo calls so can't even yell at them!

Amy

Day is flying by!!! On the way back home a huge mink ran in front of us...beautiful animal!! No bears at the dump today but one of them said that the older bears were there the other day.

Shirley, porch pirates will take anything I have heard folks putting out their kitty little or even dirty diapers and found them missing the next day......you steal..you reap the consequences in my book.

Patrica, all winter long the wild birds will hammer at the crabapples and oh my they are messy eaters so a clean up is due in the Spring. :)

Chicken breasts have been vacuumed packed and put away just need to bring the laundry in off the line....then...
Jimmy Dean

patricia19

Michael, Administrator
Today at 08:23:21 AM#25
Bumping this to say I'll be upgrading to 2.1 RC4 later tonight. Shouldn't be too much trouble but as always I wanted to let everyone know in advance "

patricia19

Patrica, all winter long the wild birds will hammer at the crabapples, and oh my they are messy eaters so a clean-up is due in the Spring. :)

Amy, what caught my attention was using the word crap and not crab.

"The flowering crap tree was a gift from a friend and it is beautiful in the Spring ,feeds the birds in the Fall and real messy to clean up next Spring.  We do have Mountain Ash that the birds enjoy come fall too."

Shirley

My neighbors had a problem with the crab apples on the ground would furmint, birds eat & get drunk & run into their house windows!  The tree & neighbors gone now.

Thanks for the note from Michael, Patricia.... and LLOYD, remember, it isn't YOUR fault if you can't get in while he is working on this!!!  ;D

Amy

Patricia, thank you for pointing that out.. :2funny:  One does enjoy the beauty of the blossoms and then the birds have something to eat when heading south for winter.. Crow just came by and beat the starling to a chunk of fat. Staring wasn't happy about that and chased the crow.......while two old crows sat on the verandah having tea  watching .
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Is it time to go to bed yet?

This day started at the crack of dawn and this is the first time I haven't had to "get ready to go" since the day started.  First the recycling, then the Mennonite store and then Cathy took me to the local mall to look for a certain knitting needle, some yarn and new towels.  I haven't done that much in a day in years!  But I got everything I was looking for plus a couple things I wasn't looking for!

Now I'm plumb wore out!

And now I have those new towels to wash!  And Mickie has an "I have to go out NOW" problem again. 

It MUST be time to go to bed!

Amy

Jane, I have been wanting to go to bed since 4 pm!!  I know neither one of us will need any rocking tonight..thank goodness tomorrow is a day of rest. :thumbup:
Jimmy Dean

Vanilla-Jackie

Jane S....yes, it is for me ( UK ) time now is 10.30pm...

Amy

Shirley..did you put any Epsom salts in the ground ?

the tomatoes were supposed to be great big & so far about the size of a ping pong ball

Try some next year along with your egg shells.

https://tinyurl.com/3f7chhwt

Lettuce will bolt and go to seed fast, sow a little at a time . If you is still in the trug,cut it off leave about an inch and it will regrow.
Jimmy Dean

Denver

A good Saturday afternoon HELLO to all.

We have been cleanings most of the day and we are DONE IN, but not done‼️‼️  Yesterday afternoon our A/C went out, so it is bareable in here, but just barely!  They were to be here around one, but the time keeps getting pushed out...now it is 5:30.  I am just hoping they don't cancel on us😩😡

We are taking care of BOTH grand doodle doggies.  Oliver is here until Tuesday as his mom and dad are out of town, and Lola, Dr. Dave's is here just today and overnight and then she goes home.  They do not seem to be minding the temp in here, thank goodness.

I have to admit I belong in the procrastinator club!  I never used to be this way.....but now I sure am!  AMY, I have tried to appease myself at times by saying "I am sure I will do a better job later", but truth is, it is just another excuse!!

JACKIE, I like your poem!  Did you get your safety bars installed or the ramp?

WOW JANE, no wonder you are tuckered out....what a busy day.  Sleep well😴

PATRICIA,thank you for the heads up from Michael. 

The last up date for repair person was 6:04 and it is 6:12.....PLEASE 🥵
PLEASE 🥵 don't pass us up!

Have a good evening.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Around 4 I decided I'd take a little snooze until Frankie came by to pick up Cooper.  So Mickie and I snuggled up on the sofa and Cooper took over the recliner and we zonked.  When I woke up, both dogs wanted out so we went and when I came back in and looked at the clock it was 6:15.  I must have slept soundly for 2 hours!  And I did feel better. 

We all had supper, I cleaned up after it, Frankie came by for Cooper and Mickie and I took our evening walk.   Then I picked up my knitting needles and turned on the TV.  This sure was an eventful day!  But all went well and a lot was accomplished.  The new towels are in the dryer and two other loads of wash are dry, folded and put away.

And now I'm heading for the haystack!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

JENNY, I hope your A/C is fixed!

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...told 2 weeks once they get confirmation it is ok to fit them from the people i am renting from...

Just typical, my first time gardening duo today has been cancelled, now having to re-book for Tuesday but i am due a refund from a Sundays more pricier charge i had already paid for 2 weeks ago...at least i can now go to my church as they were to come 4-5.30pm...my church is at 4-5pm today which is every other Sunday....Not bad really from a large gardening company, i received two emails this morning one hour apart, one reminding me they are coming, the second telling me my booking has been cancelled...so much for reliability...and to a new first time customer...i am not impressed with them..

Jenny-Shirley, glad you both enjoyed the poem but, you do realise it was not my poem dont you, i am not that clever...

Shirley

Yes, Jackie, but you were clever enough to FIND it.... and I am one that always thinks, "I know I have something that relates but WHERE is it?"

Can't blame cats for waking early this time, I got 5 min shy of 5 hours sleep so think that's my limit. I will fill my tummy and body will want to go back to bed but think I'll dress & go to the early Mass I usually go to. Part of my Sunday group is out of town so texted the other family that  joins me & explained I may sleep in, got a reply that they might do the same. I have to hit the road running Monday because mowers need to be here early & I have to unlock gates, then the usual shower & wash hair before the routine Dr visit for Echo. Doesn't take much to throw my lazy life off balance!

Amy, you are so smart about gardening! Fantastic link & it does explain why I should use those Epsom salt treatments since my tomatoes have all the bad symptoms! I had forgotten that a professional flower grower for downtown bank once told me Epsom salt was their secret cure for the gorgeous hanging baskets her crew took care of. Good stuff, those Epsom salts! Thank you, send bill for advice!

Better open door for cats to come for breakfast or will not get to church on time. I always wonder what they do when out all night, they don't stray much when light out. Tom won't even go out front in daylight, but Tiger will. Callie still thinks SHE owns the neighborhood & visits across the street or anywhere I go. My life, not very interesting but works for me. I have some new chigger bites because I forgot to put my baby oil/B-1 on when out in the yard, just ONE time & those itchies are driving me nuts.

Jane, I need some new towels, used to give Cas my old ones for rags "when they reached a certain stage"... Then he started buying those bundles of shop towels so I kept my nice soft rags for furniture polishing but haven't done that as often as I used to. Lazy me...

Have a Super Sunday, hope the weather is tolerable where ever you live!

Vanilla-Jackie

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. we are overcast, to early to get the local news. well as I think I said I am as smart as I will be I got my Last wisdom tooth pulled, It was very Bad. Life is no fun any more. too many aces and pains. also seams most of us seam to have lost common séance. have a good Sunday, see you all later.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning...

Very quiet out there this morning and muggy!  There may be a chance to use the Rescue Remedy on Babe as they are calling to storms  till Thurs!.

A day of rest here, may try to get some photos of the trugs and I want to get one of the neighbour and her potatoes! She may have to hold a stick.flag,something up, as you won't see her. Her potatoes have done well for her.

Jenny, oh boy doodle days at your home. Our friend has a golden doodle and she is so smart. Beautiful dog.

Lloyd, amen to that statement on common sense!! I am finding driving one has to look out for everyone as the other drivers are playing on the phones etc. Don't forget respect as they have also misplaced that. Life is fun, you just have to make your own and share it with others.

Shirley, Epson salts seems to have a lot of good be it in the garden or in the home. One learns all these little tricks in the garden through others that have gleaned the ideas from others. Same with farming, different ways to cure illness in the barn from others that have had the same problems.

Patricia, are you getting the smoke from your fires or the ones from BC? My friend sent me a video of a chopper picking up a bucket of water  for the fires in her area.

Jane, that was a good power nap!! You must have needed it or you wouldn't have slept.

Better get ready to take these guys out.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
Jimmy Dean

Vanilla-Jackie

Lloyd...good morning to you...wisdom tooth or no wisdom tooth, you are not lacking wisdom... :)

phyllis

The sun is finally peeking through the fog.  I would rather it stay cloudy but Mother Nature doesn't care about my "rathers".  The humidity is so high that even in the house, with the AC running nearly non-stop, I feel like wilted lettuce.  My mother always told me to stop wishing my life away but, right now I do wish it was October....can't help it, Mother.   :-[

I have no idea what today will bring.  I haven't even thought about what to have for dinner.  I guess that when the time comes I'll think of something.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC