Random Image

Snow on birdhouse

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:22:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for July 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, July 01, 2021, 12:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Phyllis I am with you..come on Fall! Between now and then there will be a lot of canning  meaning hot stove and steam to deal with. Great rewards though after all is said and done.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good morningGood Afternoon Everfriend!  I've already been busy this morning.  I'm just about ready to go out in the kitchen and make some sweet potato french fries in the Air Fryer.  I sweet potatoes that need to be used up and I like sweet potato french fries.

I didn't sleep well last night.  Mickie has the trots again and she races for the door when that happens.  I'm glad about that but I sure to have to wake up fast and it's really hard to get back to sleep after that.  She seems better this morning.  I guess we'll see.  I wish I could explain to her that eating that stuff off the ground will upset her stomach!

I'm not doing much of anything today because yesterday wore me to a frazzle!  And the frazzles are still hanging around!

I'm just doing the stuff that comes up....if I feel like it!

I hope you are all having a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Jane, if you have any Pepto Bismol it may help.

Pepto-Bismol Dosage For Dogs: The recommended dosage is 1 teaspoon for every 10 pounds, according to Dr. Klein. It can be offered to the dog every 6-to-8 hours, but if your dog still has diarrhea after a few doses, stop the medication and call your veterinarian.

I had a horse that also had this problem and the vet gave me a GALLON of this liquid......said if any left to use it in the house as it was Pepto Bismol!!
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Thanks, AMY.  I'll have to get some.  I just threw out a bottle that was so old I forgot when I got it.  But it sounds like something I better have on hand.   I have to go to the drug store tomorrow.

Gotta say, the sweet potato fries hit the spot and so easy to do in the air fryer.

patricia19

Amy, no smoke presently as the winds are mild and blowing in other directions. We're to have two or three days of cool but mild weather, so hopefully, that will have some effect on the Munson fire.

The one we show straddling the Canadian border and Alaska is called the "The Windfall Mountain Overwinter."  Other than it's almost contained, any other information is sparse. We are down from ten surroundings, that's to say within one hundred miles of our city, to eight fires.

And we are the designated flood or fire evacuation site if needed. A few besides the Munson fire folks have arrived. The Forestry Department doesn't feel a need to update their site until mid-afternoon daily, and I haven't found a better site for information.

I just received an update that our cool and mild days are coming to an end as Monday's high will be 81°. I feel sorry for your BC friend as smoke is not only unsightly but dangerous to people and animals. As we do, I'm sure they have places to go if the smoke is overwhelming to get some relief, even if momentary.

Shirley, an idea for those old towels is using them in cat beds or donating to a local animal organization or shelter.

Lloyd keep thinking, "This too shall pass."

Good morning, Phyllis! I remember living in the South, primarily Texas, Kentucky, and Tennessee. I don't think I would want to live through another wet, syrupy summer as they can have!

Thanks, Amy, for the quiz, and I emailed you my answers. Remember the different time zones in waiting for answers as I remember one who expressed disappointment and closed her quiz within a few hours.

I'm not one to root for fall as we barely have a summer and an Artic winter isn't fun if you're not prepared and not an outdoor enthusiast! I rather enjoy going outside without adding extra layers!

Jane, enjoy your day of somewhat leisure! You've earned about a month or two of those!  I have some sweet potatoes, so I might also make some fries. Except I do mine in the oven.

You can also give cats Pepto Bismol, but I would want a separate supply for me!  :thumbup:

I'm hoping that everyone's day is a good one! Where is Gloria? I hope she's having fun with Yvette!

patricia19

From EURO News;

"Belgian scientists on Sunday reported that an elderly woman had died from COVID-19 after being infected with the Alpha and Beta variants at the same time.

"This is one of the first documented cases of co-infection with two variants of concern of SARS-CoV-2," molecular biologist Anne Vankeerberghen, author of the study released by the European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID), said in an accompanying statement.

The 90-year-old woman died in March after being admitted to a hospital in the Belgian town of Aalst following several falls. She was not vaccinated against COVID-19 and tested positive for the disease on arrival but "a good level of oxygen saturation and no signals of respiratory distress."

However, she "rapidly developed worsening respiratory symptoms and died five days later," the statement said."

Something to think about if you're delaying vaccinations.

Amy

Patricia, I did get your email .thank you for playing and I will leave it open for a couple of days.

Family just left ,we all sat out on the verandah. Can't believe the size the grandchildren are now after 16 months!! One looked at Jessie and questioned if he was the puppy we had last time..yes...he grew just like you did...tall!
Jimmy Dean

patricia19

Thanks Amy. I'm on a decluttering break.

This is my fifth annual declutter, toss and clean summer. While I'm actually cleaning and disposing of stuff I've stored away since I moved in, some pockets are aggravating.

One is stuffed animals. While I've never gone in for the usual, (six-foot Snufflelupagus anyone)? They're generally stored in a large plastic tote in my walk-in closet. Each year, I open it, look them over and close it again.

Two was my costume jewelry from 2013 and back when I dressed the corporate style at various positions. My actual jewelry is in a safe deposit box, what very little there is of it, but I have several stone, shell, or metal pieces that I'll never wear again but can't seem to part with. Why do I have six sports watches when I never wear them?

Three and Four are blazers, and nice scarves to go with those blazers. Again, why? It's not as if I'll wear them again. In 2016, I donated most of my work wardrobe and all of my heels to a place that provides clothing for those seeking interviews and work clothing but cannot as yet afford them. These pieces I couldn't get rid of then and seemingly not now.

The dumbest part of today is so banal that there is a hoary old joke about it. I don't wear my glasses for close-up work, so I often sit them on a table if I'm on the computer or reading. You guessed it, I spent a while searching for them when I was ready to vacuum, only to discover I was wearing them!   :-[   ::)   

While this is something I would normally have finished in January or February, you know how that went. So far,  last week through today, I've done the five shelving units, repotted and regrouped plants, and kitchen, bath, hallway walk-in, coat closet, and bedroom. The remainder is my living room which is my office area, furniture and dusting, and vacuuming. And that's it for another year. Each year it gets whittled further down.

I blame all this on my mother, and it's ingrained. She died before decluttering was a thing. This was something we all had to do twice a year. She called it a deep cleaning.

JaneS

We're getting the promised storm right now and earlier.  We've had two mini showers and now a multi one with thunder and lightning and heavy rain but it's already stopping.  There was a tornado warning issued but all we got so far was thunder and lightning.  It's still raining but the thunder is off in the distance.  And the heavy winds didn't come yet either. 

I have to tell you all...  The other day at Davy's, a really nice thing happened to me.  I got to the checkout and I didn't have my bank card.  I was searching for it a second time and I had asked the girl if I could leave the basket while I went home for the card.  She said yes and that I could return the ice cream to the freezer until I came back.  The next thing I knew, she was thanking me and handing me a receipt.  I said, "I don't understand".  And she answered "He paid for it", and indicated a gentleman in the line behind me.  I looked around at him and shook my head.  He waved, smiled and nodded!  I thanked him and left the store in tears!  Thank you was not enough!  I wrote a letter to the editor and it was in today's paper.  I hope he saw it!  I cried all the way home and I have tears whenever I think of it!  I've seen this happen in my checkout line at WM often and I've smiled every time but I never expected it to happen to me!

If I already told you all that, just ignore it.  I don't remember who I've told!

And I'm signing of for the day!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Jane, now I have tears in my eyes!! This couldn't happened to a nicer lady...so happy for you. Blessings come in many way and you just had one.

Not used to having family around and we did have fun! LOTS of hugs too..
I am also heading to bed..busy day tomorrow..
Nite..
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Well, Jane, another with happy tears, you are deserving! A very nice thing for the man to do & I'm sure you will find a way to "pass it down" with your generous gifts of food for those fund raisers & all the nice things you do. Besides, I'll bet he felt warm & fuzzy all day himself!  Thanks for telling us a great bedtime story, was the best & true, too!

Vanilla-Jackie

Jane S...just a thought but, is it possible this man recognised you from the check-out store YOU once worked in, he may have been a customer of yours, and perhaps you had made some conversation to him that just happened to make HIS day, he may have remembered you and is now paying back with kindness...
" There is no present like the time "

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Thank you for the nice comments.  JACKIE, I never thought of that!  If that's so, what a nice thought! 

It's time for Mickie's walk and she's more than ready.  I think her problem is on the way out.  I guess I'll find out!

I hope you all have a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.

Amy

Good morning..

Another day with no rain??? I think I will water the garden and know it gets a drink. Lots of little jobs to do outside then work in home. Dogs are losing hair and I can sweep up another dog in hair.

Patricia, I also have stuffed animals.....in bags. At times I will go through them ,take some out and give them to the Sally Ann to find new homes. Guess you could say I am weaning my way with them. I did hear from my friend in BC and so far so good. Hope it stays that way but there are a lot of fires burning.

Gloria, hope to hear from you today..

Jane, hope that Mickie is fine and the problem gone! The man I told about the Remedy is picking his bottle up today. Giggling here.....that reminds me of Granny Clampett and her bottle of Remedy !

Better get ready...

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, well not too nice here, pouring again. We have had few sunny days this month. Microsoft did it again :( They did an updat e Saturday night that I did not want but they did it anyway and it took me most of yesterday to get things right again. I hate that they arrange or get rid of what  I want on the task bar and the icons I keep on the desktop. At least this time I did not have to as my grandson to come and fix it. Glad I watch what he does on here.  I am running my anti spyware now again. Every time Microsoft messes me up and I run this progran I end up with at least 200 things to delete. I run it most days and usuallhave none or 3-4 at the most. Grr, I am not a happy person woth Microsoft. No wonder my oldest son got himself a Mac. I would think about that but at my age why spend all the money.

SHIRLEY  my family insisted I get a smart phone. When I was without Skype awhile back because of Microsoft I used the Facetime to talk to my daughter every day. I have a hard time hearing anyone on that phone, maybe I don't hold it right?

AMY  My son has crab apple trees sca ttered in the orchard and wheen they were ripe  their las t dog would go an d take them off the trees and eat them She loved apples.

JANE  I would love to get out for a day with my daughter looking for clothes. She was always great for giving me an honest opinion how things looked on me. Now I get new things from catalogs aand no t everything fits good. If I got the size to fit right with my shoulders I would not be able to get them on so every thing looks like a bag on me.

JENNY  I wou ld die in here without my AC. That or go down to the lobby or communit y room and sit on one of the couches all day-or lay down to nap. I am sure the witch would frown on that.

JACKIE  nice seeing you posting here again.

LLOYD  I know I have not  learned much of anything new in a long time bu t I did manage to get my computer back where I want  it  after Microsoft did an upda te I did not want. Sure glad I watch my granson when he is here to work on it.

PHYLLIS  looks like you and Shirley and me are the ones looking forward to the cooler temperatures of the autumn season. Give me winter anyday over hot and humid summer.

Wiith so many having an air fryer I think I could use one. Any one brand is best and for just me I guess it would be a small one?

Be tt er get a move on. Forgot  wha t time Yve tte will be here  today and I waant to get dressed before she gets here. I will no t be here tomorrow, doct or appointment and Thursday a dentist one. T omorrow Y. has one with the surgeon who will do her knee. Will be glad seeing her again on Friday.

Have a good day and keep dry if you are in the path of all this rain.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Gloria, we were to get 4 days of rain here and nothing yet!! A/c is going strong .  These guys won't eat apple...Golden girl did but Sassy would lay on her belly picking the beans and eating them. We give these two a variety of vegetables to try and they really love Brussel sprouts!
Jimmy Dean

patricia19

Jane, what a nice experience you had yesterday, and what a nice man to help you out!

patricia19

Denver

Monday passed much too quickly for me as it is already tome for dinner. 

Poor Farrah, you had a bad day and needed to hid in a pillow? How cute💞

JANE, what a nice heart warming story about the man paying for your groceries at Davy's.  I agree, it could not happen to a more deserving lady😘

PATRICIA, we have a lot of smoke here on the front range due to all the fires in the west. Watching the National news tonight is frightening to see the size of some of the fires.

AMY, how surprising and sweet to read that your puppy doggies love Brussel Sprouts. Had to chuckle at your suggestion to give dogs/cats (PATRICIA says) and horses Pepto Bismol.  Happy to read you enjoyed time with your family after 16 months😍 I bet those grands really had grown just like Jessie‼️  WE found out yesterday that the  Dr. Dave Family will be getting a mini Golden Doodle the end of next month.  Michele and Kate put money down to get a puppy, but it had to be cancelled due to Michele's condition.  Now a new litter is available.  I think Dave is a little ugh over taking on a puppy, but you know it will be cute😘

GLORIA, I bought a fairly inexpensive air fryer at Costco and we love it.  No too big of one but a good size for us. 

I did not hear from the surgery scheduler today, so will call her again tomorrow as I want to get this painful shoulder replaced ASAP. 😩😩

I wish you all a good evening and a good night of rest. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  The day has come to an end and I'm thankful for that.  I had a trip to the dentist and he pulled a tooth that's been giving me problems in addition to the fact that it was very loose.  I spent the rest of the day chewing on gauze and looking for things I could eat around the sore spot.

Thank you, JENNY for the kind words.  I will never forget that day or that nice gentleman.  A new doggie in the family will help the kids think of something else while they miss their MOM!

I'm off to the haystack now.  The zzzzs are calling my name and I'm ready to meet them and let them do their thing.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow! And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Good morning..

Oh boy it is humid, air is on but not enough......will be in a minute!

Kyle is happy, he is getting his hair cut, Barber shops are now open! Will pick up some quilts on our way and then home. Neighbour is looking after the dogs for us.. even though we won't be gone all that long.

Jenny, a new puppy is just what is needed, yes they are a lot of work but also a lot of love bundled into that little body. Enjoy!

Jane, hope your mouth feels better this morning.

Better get my town duds on.

Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, glad I woke ea rly  this morning. The fire ala rm sys tem in  this building will be tes ted  this morning at  8. I would not like  to be awakened  by  that loud noise.  They do this every year bu t mostly la te mornings. Wednesday is the day the landscapers are here and start a t 7. Between the mowers and leaf blowers i don' t know which is louder.

Had an Amber aler t about  a car crook. A man wit h his li ttle baby in the car bed in the back seat wen t into a st ore and lef t the baby in t he car and he lef t the keys in it  and he lef t it  running. Someone helped himself to t he car. A policeman found t he car and baby a mile away and every thing ended good but tha t fa ther must  have been in for a lect ure from the baby's Mom and  the police, too. He should be lect ured for doing such a stupid thing.

JANE  wow you a re  the only one I know  tha t was on  the receiving end of  tha t " pay it  forward" for your groceries.

AMY  I wold send some of t his rain to you or out west if I could. A day of sunshine would be so nice about now. I like Brussel sprout s, too. Not  many seem to like them. I can make a meal out of different vegetables and no meat  and enjoy it.

JENNY  how I wish I had my left shoulder replaced. Was all se t to go every thing booked and 2 days before  the insurance I had =United Health=dropped the grou p and they refused to pay for something booked. I cannot afford that amount. My right  one s till feels grea t. Uni ted Heal th did me dir ty a second time,  too.  They dropped me wi th no reason and no explana tion. I wen t to pick up some meds at the pharmacy to have them  tell me I was no longer covered. I even called them to find ou t why and said my  name was no t in their files. I had  them for 20 years and paid ahead every few months. I still had 2 months paid when  they dropped me.

JANE  good luck with finding somet hing soft  to ea t and keep away from where the t ooth was.

AMY  I can believe Kyle is glad to get his hair cut a t las t. My DIL cut mine a week ago and i t is now off my neck again.

Hello to everyone who comes in lat er.

Have a good day and keep cool and dry.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Gloria...he deserves - deserved to be lectured on idiocy - stupidity, this could have turned out very differently - tragically for his young baby... :o
...as my late father would ask that question " where does he keep his brains, in his underpants? "
" There is no present like the time "

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I slept well last night and Mickie did her usual and got me up a couple minutes before 5 a.m.  I think I finally got smart.  When we come back in, she gets a treat and I get the sofa for an hour...sometimes more.  Cooper is here for the dayand he's an "In-again-out-again-Finnegan".  He's no more than in and he wants out again.  He doesn't seem to mind the heat.  I keep asking him if he's trying to roast or fry out there.

My tooth place doesn't hurt at all but I've been chewing on the other side so long it's become a natural.  I think I minded the shots more than the removal.

That guy that left the baby in the car must not have a brain in his head.  And then to leave the keys there, too.  Well, I suppose without a brain, he couldn't think either!  I bet he got HOLY HECK from his wife!

My only plan for today is a trip to the drug store and a quick stop at Davy's.  I forgot the yogurt.  And that's all I'm getting this time.

Of course, I'm sure those things that have been neglected around here with raise their heads and demand attention.  I cleaned the beets that Christy sent me yesterday and I'm planning to fry them for supper.  I wonder how they'd be in the Air Fryer.  I'll have to check that out!

GLORIA, enjoy Yvette's visit.  I'm sure you will.  She must be a real GEM!

If Frankie works early tomorrow, I have a feeling she'll be spending the night here.  It's easier for her if she doesn't have to bring Cooper in the morning. 

I talked to my son's buddy who does all kinds of painting and we're set up for painting my living room, dining room, kitchen and hall as soon as the weather cools enough to have the windows open.

The weather is still "iffy" around here.  We're supposed to get rain again this afternoon but the high temp is only supposed to be 84...not too bad.  And we still need the rain.  I haven't needed my grass mowed for three weeks.  He checks in on Monday and tell him "yes or no".  I like this guy!  In the summer, he brings help....a 15 year old son...with him.

I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.

patricia19

Good morning, and not much else to say that hasn't been said in my other posts. The smoky and dry, hot temperatures have returned.

I enjoyed reading all your posts this morning. Yesterday a friend talked about the car ahead of her paying for her meal, so she paid for the one behind. Besides wondering quite how that worked, I thought it was a nice gesture and had to tell her about you, Jane, kindness should be passed along, and the world would be a better and happier place.

Amy

We are back! Beat the rain but I
 hope it will gently rain for the rest of the day. City was busy, rather go early get in and get out but the time couldn't be helped.  When Kyle came out of the barber shop and sat in the vehicle I grabbed him by the arm and said Shhh don't tell my husband but I am taking you home with me!! He likes his hair neat but in this lock down one had to make do.
We picked up the quilts and chatted for a bit then off to do a bit of shopping for a tablet,mine has all but given up the ghost.
Kyle picked up some lumber and home we came. On the way there was a  doe showing her twins off and I sure hope she took them into the woods away from the highway.

We have gone through a drive through only to be told our order has been paid for......nice  feeling and we have done it for others also.

Jane, our beets need a thinnin so let me know how they turn out in the air fryer.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

It's thundering and pouring out there right now.  It started just when I was about to take Mickie out for her last go.  She's all recovered from her recent problem but now there's a small bottle of Pepto Bismal in the bathroom cupboard waiting for the next time.

AMY, I didn't do the beets in the air fryer.  I did them in the electric fry pan and they were very good.  I have enough for another meal and I might try the air fryer the next time.

If anyone knows a good way to get burned on sugary stuff off a glass top range, I'd be happy to hear it.  I've tried 3 different things so far and none of them even made a dent in it!

I have to get to bed.  My eyes are in slam shut and my body is in shutdown!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Good morning.. 

Well, the clouds rumbled and roared last night and oh boy did it rain. Our power flickered some but didn't go out as those to the east of us. Today is blood work then home to  chase dust bunnies.

Jane, I gave Babe the Rescue last night and I do think it did help some. She wasn't as bad when we have had other storms .Thank you for telling me about the Remedy. Have you tried leaving a wet, not just damp but wet cloth over it? First sprinkle some baking soda then a little Dawn dish soap and leave it over night. Do you have a razor edged scraper? They work also.

Gloria, I too like vegetables and parsnips are at the top of the list.

Better get ready to meet the day.

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend....and especially AMY because you're already here!

Thanks for the suggestion.  One of my other ones was baking soda and vinegar and a wet cloth.  It did nothing.  Dawn might make a difference.  I'll try.

We had rain (heavy) most of the night and it was still pretty wet this morning when we went out.  But the worst part was a really HEAVY fog!  Something interesting...when I warned Frankie about not turning her lights up and told her why and that my dad had given me the warning when I was a learner, she grinned all over her face and said, "You must have passed that on to my Mom because that's exactly what she told me".  Nice to know "what comes around, goes around". 

I'm off to answer the call of "things to do".  First off is to clean off my desk!  Then I'm going to put some recipes in the permanent book!  Then whatever pokes it head up will get done.  Some cleaning, for sure!

I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!