Random Image

granny3.jpg

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:49:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for July 15, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, July 15, 2021, 01:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Good morning...

The trip to the vet wasn't too bad. The tech told me Jesse wasn't too bad in the office. Said they did have trouble trying to get his weight...87lbs +- as he wasn't sitting still on the scale.
Stopped at the furniture store and put a deposit on a new washer..not sure when we will get it but at least this one is ours. Recalculated the age of the old one and it wasn't 24 it was 27 years old! Now I will get one and hope it lasts 7 years!

We are off to the city to pick up items for us and our friends.

Shirley good to see you! I too would rather be early than late....never late, may be a half hour early but I will do the waiting not the person I am to see .

Patricia, are you still seeing /smelling smoke your way?

Gloria, I have green, yellow and purple beans this year. We love beans and so do the dogs. Sassy and Golden Girl would eat them raw but these two like them cooked.

Need to get a wiggle on.

Enjoy your day and stay safe. 
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Well, Good Morning LLOYD and AMY and anyone else who shows up today!  We slept in today!  I woke up first and looked at the clock and it said 6:01!  I laid my hand on Mickie's tummy and she was still breathing!  We got up around 6:15! 

It's almost time for the boinger and breakfast and then our walk.  Cooper is joining us but not until about 9:30 this morning.  After he gets here and settles in, I have a couple of errands to do and then I'm going to start getting the carrots ready to can.I have to give up on the Electric Pressure Canner for most of this year.  I actually called the factory that makes them after they said "unavailable".  I got a very nice lady who said that they don't expect to have any available until mid to late August.  She started listing all the places that MIGHT still have some and I'd already been to all their websites and got the "unavailable" notice.  I also got a HIGH recommendation from her so I'm on the right track!

AMY, I've heard of the purple beans but I've never seen any!  I prefer the green ones over the yellow but we did have yellow ones from my Dad's garden when we were growing up!

I guess I better get going.  I think my timer went off for Mickie's breakfast.  She isn't bugging me yet but it won't be long!  And I do have "stuff" to do before Cooper gets here!

I hope you all have a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Gloria

Good morning everyone, going to be another hot one here. Got up to 90 yesterday. Glad my son took me early to get my new glasses. I like these new ones and I can see good to read again.

JANE  never heard of electric canners before. Always something new on the market.

LLOYD  it started here yesterday with a nice blue sky but as the day went on the smoke from the western fires moved in.

SHIRLEY  like you I want no one waiting for me and my 3 are like me with being early for most things/appointments.

AMY  thanks for the giggles-picturing you wiggling.

Have a good day every one.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

well I have had my morning feed and thinking about a nap already. we have clear skies now and 69deg. going to go up all day, so a stay in with TV. Grandson Helped me get the RV pulled out of the mud. and backed down to the house so we can un load the canned good's out of it and in to the house. we put one of those window Antunes, in so we can get local TV channels. works good but Now I have to staple the antenna wire In place. that is the only bad thing about it is cant put the wire in the wall Like for a out side antenna. but we get all sorts of channels, plenty of tv movies. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Shirley

Been up a long time, like you, Lloyd, I'm ready for a nap!  Mowers have been & gone & I got the gates locked back up. Cats fed & all accounted for. Going to be a steamy hot day, Gloria, the kind you & I hate most! 

Gloria, glad your glasses worked out good. I'm not sure about mine. I still take them off to use the computer even though they are "progressive". Can't believe how much they cost. 

We had the craziest pop up storms yesterday & day before. Came out of nowhere, all of sudden the blue skies had mean looking clouds & we'd get a down pour, sprinkle a while & another downpour. The mowers said the ground was "squishy"... one lives not too far away & had 3" in his rain gauge but mine only shows about 1/4". I had the front sprinklers on an hour each zone yesterday to make sure the new grass would hold up today, since I knew it was time for the mowers. If we don't water early morning the wind blows too hard to do any good watering the rest of the day (most days).

Jane, every morning when the cats stay out all night I hold my breath until they show up for breakfast. I won't deny them their freedom but know they do have enemies in the wild and that includes crazy drivers speeding down the street. Will never get over finding the one baby smashed in the middle of the street on Christmas morning when I backed out to go to church. She was the one always at the door first for breakfast & Cas had been calling her & calling her, so worried. I realize one day another may be missing & will never know what happened, but promised them & myself they would stay "free" as long as I have a choice. Like your baby, getting older and never know what is ahead.

Amy, my husband's mother planted purple beans, they were "runners" or pole beans, I think. She really had a green thumb & tried different things. She canned until she got a monster freezer & from then on she cooked & froze. Typical southern cook, used a lot of "fat back" & grease of all kinds. Best food you ever tasted but after a week we always came home with "zits" on our faces! Her biscuits honestly melted in your mouth... no recipe so I never came up with the same texture even tho I always brought the self rising flour home, can get it in the stores here now. She switched from using lard in early years to Wesson corn oil before she died. Biscuits tasted the same.

Sorry about the washer, with the hard water we have I feel lucky when I get one to last 10 years. My poor old gas dryer is the avocada green from 1966-67 era. Cas replaced the belt several times over the years & it still dries faster than any electric the kids have. Thought it bit the dust last year but turned out to be a totally clogged vent! 

Lloyd, I think my motorhome is itching to head to MO but it's too hot and I don't want to sit inside with the noisy AC running when I can stay home & do plenty of walking around inside & not have to listen to the AC running, last AC we had put in is quiet!

When Cas died I dumped the cable TV and bought those little flat antennas & plugged them in myself & no more spending monthly fees. I get GRIT for all those Westerns and all 3 local channels plus ME & MY & 30-50 more. I have TVs all over the house with an antenna for each. Some work better than others, depends on which way they stick on the wall (facing different directions). I'm satisfied, listen more than watch. I just use the "push pins" that came with the flat antennas to hold them in place on the wall.

Fitbit won't tell me my sleep score, says "no internet".... but since the computer works me thinks the Fitbit lies..........  Any time I get 6 hours I feel lucky, but last nights no cats inside to bother me so I think I did good. No spring chicken so won't wake up bouncing like those little great grands no matter how much sleep I get!  :D

patricia19

Good morning from the Interior. It's cloudy and 56° out there and not expected to get much higher today or tomorrow with rain predicted. The last few days have been cool but dry, and most of the smoke has dissipated.

While next week will be warmer, the usual August cool- down, and rain is expected. Our usual pattern is a cooler, rainy August and beautiful September and October, leading to the first snow around Halloween. That's to say, if all goes normally.

Amy, the ravens, or at least the unmated juveniles are back from the mountains, but none of the trappers has mentioned seeing any early dennings in the bush. They, the media, ask them and the homesteaders because it's usually a sign of early winter. There are no signs of leaf droppings or color changes, and we're just inside of the arctic.

Farrah has been having zoomies the last couple of days, and it's entertaining as she has these hoarse growls while zooming.

I'm not putting anything up this year as my appetite changed with my weight loss, and I'm trying to use up what's already in the freezer. When I was growing up, we had almost an acre in a garden next to the house, and we had two freezers, one in the basement and one in the kitchen.

My folks, who also held down full-time jobs, had a traditional marriage where mom took care of the house and dad the yard. But we kids worked under both.

Shirley

Patricia, being the last of 5 kids I think I helped more in the garage than in the house, except for when Mom was washing curtains. Did you ever have to help put the curtains on stretchers? I remember always have the bottom row to push on & fingers would get so sore from those sharp nails every inch.... hadn't thought about that in many years. For the most part I tried to stay out of sight & Mom wouldn't go find me (usually had my face in a book).

Speaking of zooming, I have a fly zooming past the sliding door & disappears as soon as I get the swatter in my hand. Sun coming in the window over the sink so probably where it's running to. They drive me nuts. Wishing all a good night, sweet dreams and God Bless. It is 8:00 pm & I still haven't had supper (cats were fed) or been to the river for several nights. Kind of been a zombie lately.  :(

patricia19

Shirley, yes, I remember stretching the curtains but don't remember what was used. Only the three of us kids and parents expected that any jobs decided by either parent were a priority over all else, or else.

JaneS

I grew up with two sisters and I was always the one drafted by my dad to help with the things he did around the house.  You know, "Honjane, go down to the kitched and catch this wire in the hole when I fish it down there".  Or, "Hold this while I go nail the other end down".  Or, "Sit on this end of this board while I cut the other end off".  It was always "hold this" or "wiggle that" or "hold the other end".  I learned how to do a lot of stuff just by watching while I held something in place. 

I'm going to take Mickie out one more time, put the coffee on for tomorrow morning and then hit the haystack.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Good morning..

Better get the fog plows out as we have a thick layer of it this morning..
Yesterday went well, managed to get lean hamburg for half price so my work is cut out for me today. Meatball bean soup
 and just hamburg to can will take most of the day. Friends are stopping in this afternoon to pick up items I bought in the city. I noticed prices are climbing  already!

Jane, like you I was Dads helper...and loved it too. He showed me many things that I have passed onto others. Remember putting windows? I enjoyed doing that job and many others. Winter time would find us in the basement melting lead in the coal furnace to make jigs and sinkers for fishing.

Gloria, I think my wiggle is down to a sash shay. If something doesn't get done today.....tomorrow is always another day.

Shirley, one fly.. pesky critters and they seem to know when you pick up that fly swatter and they disappear! I gave some purple bean seeds to the neighbour  ,she doesn't know that when you put them in water they have a 2 minute blanching timer in them and turn from purple to green!

Patricia, we have both crows and ravens here. Interesting to watch them both.

Crow is out there now telling others that breakfast has been served come and get it!

Better start the day gathering ,copping all the ingredients for the soup.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Quick "Good Morning Everyfriend".  Frankie spent the night and I always forget how hectic it is to get someone off to work in the morning! 

Mickie and I are off to the Vet for a week after checkup.  Don't know how Cooper is going to like being left behind!  But what must be must be. 

I hope you all have a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

AMY, mind the fog!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. Well I had a good sleep in two hitches. It is a clear bright sunny day Here. Hope you all have a good day just as you like it. Not sure what we will do this morning, Nancy has a doctors appointment this afternoon. we have a portable antenna for the TV local channels. I am wondering if one of them would work in the r v when we are parked with it. It sure works good here at the house, fabless how many channels it gets here.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone.  65 now and nor supposed to go up much above 75 today. We had rain last night I heard no thunder but the lights blinked off for a minute or so and came back on then a few minutes later they went out again. Got my battery lamp on and started to check around when the lights came on again. Of course all of Cox was out. No TV interntet or phone. On the PC all I could get were the things installed in it. I just closed down as normal thinking it might be back when I got up this morning and I am back to the SS now. Went to bed and slept good for a change. Now I have t o reset the microwave and my alarm clock. It has a back up ba ttery but think I need a new battery because it was just blinking so unplugged it. I dislike resetting the time on that crazy clock. At times I think I would rather have one of the old wind up ones with the 2 bells on top. Remember those?
Enough of my problems. Where my daught er lives there is a narrow dry stream bed  tha t floods a li ttle whe it rains more up higher in the mountains. Monday morning she had an appointment in town and when they got gown to that dry bed it was flooded to about 90 feet wide. Of course they got out of the jeep and just stood back and watched the muddy looking water rush by. The man who takes care of t he banks on bot h sides had just finished snoothing them out with his trac tor when the first wall of wat er came rushing down, he got  out just in time. Someone on the other side  took a picture of the water when Regina and Gary were on the other side. He sent it to Regina and she emailed it to me. Wow looked like a wide river going by. Think I will send it  to Bubble so maybe she can post a link in here. I forgot  all I knew about posting pictures.

LLOYD  glad you now get  a lot of channels on TV. I get a lot more than I can wa tch but  a t times cannot find anything I want to watch so on the computer I go to you tube and find an old movie I can enjoy.

SHIRLEY  I was so anxious to get out of that office the other day I forgot  about getting the temples/ ear pieces fixed. they are sticking out through the hair behind my ears. They are alwas too long and straight and they have to fix them. Oh well one day I will ask my son to  take me back there and get them fixed. Twice I tried tho0se progressive lenses and never got used to them so went back  to bifocals.

PATRICIA  I don' t think weather is normal all over the globe this year. I know it has been crazy on this area of New England states.

SHIRLEY  my Mom was a finatic about windows and clean curtains. She would wash the windows every mon th and put up clean startched curtains, Wash the ones she took down byhand and st artch them and put a pair on the curtain stretcher. She woul anchor the 4 corners and pin the top row and then pu t the secon panel over the firs t one so when they were dry she would  take them off and fold the pair  to put away. She did love different curtains. I  tried several differnt things  to cu t the cable cord but  none of them would work on my TV. It just  will not  let me use them and I have had a few different techs here  trying t o set one of them up.

JANE  being the youngest with the one closes t in age was 7 years older I never had chores and my Mom would always tell me to go play. I  think she had no more patience  to teach me any thing. I remember asking if I could help and she sent me away.

AMY  Yvette was telling me about prices going up in the markets and already some shelves are just  about empty. She says I should stocking up on things I use all the time but I have little storage space here so would be hard to stock up. No fog here but the sky is overcast again. Don't think it is smoke af ter all the rain during the night.

Have a good day every one.

patricia19

Good morning! We were supposed to have two full days of rain, but it started about five-thirty yesterday afternoon, and today is foggy and still raining.

I would have learned more if my father hadn't been so grumpy. We received more grouches than smiles and more regimented tasks. We were the infantry and he was the four-star general.

JaneS

The day is getting less and less of it left.  I got the carrots all canned and ready for the shelf.  I forgot they HAD to be done in the pressure canner and since I couldn't get the new one I wanted, I'm glad the old one still works.  I have 9 pints...8 canned and 1 to eat now.  I always have a feeling of accomplishment when I finish a canning job!

PATRICIA, I keep forgetting to thank you for the train ride to Denali.  I loved every minute of it and I still would love to do it in person but I know it's never going to happen so it was very special to me to have it now.

Soon have to think of supper and I have some leftovers that have to be used up.  Now which ones should I eat today?

Hope Everyfriend's day is going well!  LLOYD sounds like you're enjoying you antenna.  Enjoy the rest of your day! 

Shirley

Tooooooo hot to do anything, can hardly breathe! The "heat index" is well over 100. My youngest son is stopping by soon so was clearing off the table (how to they get so messy?) Notes & stuff beside the computer & still piles of "do I want to do" things on one corner. Tom is laying outside the door, prefers the heat to AC.  Tiger is sleeping on the back of the sofa (I'd rather she didn't but she/cats do what they please.)

Patricia, I also wanted to thank you for the train ride & echo Jane's reasoning. I can dream, can't I? 

patricia19

For those of you who enjoyed the rail trip from Fairbanks to Denali National Park, here is a rail trip made in October 2020 from Anchorage to Fairbanks. The scenery, mountains, lakes, rivers, and rapids are wonderful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Z2pxi5jjk

JaneS

I want to get on in Anchorage and ride both trains all the way up and all the way back!  That's AWESOME!!

JaneS

I've been thinking about those trains and I think I'd like to add a short stop in Fairbanks to have lunch with you, PATRICIA...once on the way up and again on the way back. 

Good night!!
Don't let the bedbugs bite!!

That's and oldie!

Lloyd Hammond

Good night and sweet dreams everyone. SHIRLEY You beat by fifteen min. that is alright hope to see you all tomorrow,

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning..

Light rain and lovely temp at 56°. Yesterday was a busy one finished canning 7 quarts and 7 pints of meatball bean soup. Also cooked up 10 lbs of hamburg and will deal with that today. Picked both green and yellow beans,green we had with supper and yellow will be frozen.

Patricia, thoroughly enjoyed  the train rides. We have been to Alaska and it is a beautiful place. This means of travel via internet is the only way we will see more of Alaska.

Shirley, way too hot!! Hope you found a cool place to enjoy. Would a dip in your pool help or is it like bath water with those temps?

Jane, guess you and I got canned yesterday. Nice to get it done but now I have the job of labeling and putting away.

Gloria, it is like that here ,empty spaces on the shelves. We have ordered a new washing machine and maybe....just maybe it will be here in 3 weeks. I am trying to can and put things away for winter as we don't know what is in store for us.

Lloyd, hope you and Nancy have a good day today.

Enjoy your day and stay safe
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We're up and attem today with a lot on the agenda...some of it paper work which I dislike intensely!

AMY, you outdid me with the canning.  I'm trying to be objective and only can stuff that I know I'll use.  I'm sure that's what you're doing, too but your doggies are a lot bigger than my "old lady" and I'm sure none of that meat will go to waste!

Davy's is having a majory beef sale right now but I just can't see myself making smaller packages of anything they have except the hamburger and I stop by that almost every time I go there.  I haven't bought it yet because I really don't have freezer space and I've never canned it.  Is it time consuming, hard or just bit messy!

I'm pretty sure it's almost time for the boinger so I better get my ears on so I can hear it.

I wish Everyfriend and good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.

Amy

Jane, if you can can soup you can can  :2funny:  hamburg...sorry so many can cans.  I cook my hamburg up, put it in hot jars fill with hot water or broth. I use a tsp of powdered beef broth or you can just use a 1/2 tsp of PICKLING salt ..

Hang on..will get the url for you..

https://www.healthycanning.com/canning-ground-beef#wprm-recipe-container-15360

Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well about ground beef, we now days take it a butcher shop and have it processed And frozen. hamburger steaks, and roasts. in years past we processed it our self. cooked the roast cut It up put in quart jars covered it with the broth, and water bathed it. you could open a jar of it add some patois and carrot pieces a great soup or stew , and healthy. that is why my waste line looks like it dos. but i have learned to eat smaller amounts and have lost 31 lbs this summer. working on more would like to get back to in the 180 lbs. aria again. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, no rain over night for a change and I could see a blue sky and a few puffy clouds when I opened the shades this morning. From 7 am to 3 pm I will have  to stay up here on the 3rd floor. They will be checking out the eleva tor and make sure it is in good working order. Yvette will have to come u p the stairs today. Glad she went to the store and the pharmacy yesterday. Should be an easier day for her today. She has a wonderful sense of humor so I know we are in for some good laughs today. 64 now and only supposed to get to 74 but rain starting about the time she leaves here. Will have to see how good those weather guessers are or now bad the are. No Tstorms in the forecast till 2am. That's OK I will be sleeping at that time-I hope.

PATRICIA  MY DAUGHTER AND sil work the way your parents did. He takes care of outside and she in the house. With just the 2 of them the housework gets done fast and she will go outside to see if she can help with anything. Since she had sur gery and he had to vacuume and help with the dishes after their dinner he still does those 2 things. Love the way they work together. My okdest son surprised me when he started helping in the house after he retired. Last time my DIL came to cut my hair he came with her and he surprised me by getting the broom ans sweeping up all the hair and then got the dustpan abd brush to get it up and throw away nd put things back where they belong.
Younger has always done the cooking and mos t of the housework, too, after working all day. His wife is so lazy I would like to shake her and their daughter is like her. I feel so bad for him. When he comes here on Saturday mornings he looks so tired some weeks.

JANE  we had a cool basement and had different rooms. The coolest room is where I kept all the full caned jars. When I would go dows=n for something I loved seeing all they them on the shelves and felt so good to know I did all that. My husband found an old icebox and in that I kept the jams I made. Some years it was so full I could not get all the jars in it.

PATRICIA  I will take that trainride when I finish reading here. I still have the link to the bears at the waterfall and the salmon jumping over the falls. I want to show it to Yvette today. She told me yesterday that a black bear was sighted in this state and I told her that was not new. There is a walking path near here and they closed it a couple of years ago because of a black bear sighting in town She never heard of that before. There has been reports of sightings here in town for the last 4 years and she lives in this town, too.

JANE  when my 3 were very young and I got them into bed I always said-sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite. One night Mike the okdes asked what bedbugs were. Something we never had, thank God. My Mom was always worried about them so every week when the sheets were changed she would get the sprayer filled with Flit and spray the mattresses and spring. Never had any either.

LLOYD  hope you slept good last night

AMY  I am a homebody and never would have gone to California if my daughter hadn't moved there when she moved there. With the coming of the compputer I became am armchair or computer chair traveler. The west always fascinated me and really loved Arizona the year Regina and Gary took me there. Seeing all those mountains and riding up and down them I think I was like a little kid. Regina told me later that she enjoyed how much I loved the week spent there. I used to have a freezer that I had no room for here so left at my son's house and I froze a lot of food. I would make a good meal and had some con tainers wi th 3 different places for food and filled them for the freezer. I miss that and still dislike most frozen TV dinners from the markets, too many preservatives and sodium in them. I cannot cook anymore, standing really gets my legs wobbly and my back hurting more. I can walk with my rollator and that does not get to me like standing does. I tried  high stool but had no place for my knees so gave it up.

JANE  I never canned any meat but I sure canned what came from  the garden.

AMY  reading the mea t canning and jad a laugh at the word debubbling. New one for me. I did  remember to do that last year when Yve tte and I made refridgerator pickles with all the pickling cukes my son gave me. After getting the jars full I took the handle of a wooden spoon and put it down into the jars and move it around ans she asked wha t I was doing t hat for. I told her getting rid of bubbles if there are any. She thought I was making that up because she did not  see bubbles or air pockets. I looked close and saw a bubble and showed it to her.  That is quite a link. I checked it and will send the link to Regina. She is pretty new to canning so might help here learn more. She has the Ball canning book, I had that book too when I started canning. Hmm wonder if we should start calling you the Can Can Can Can lady?

LLOYD  when you made up your mind to lose a few pounds you really lost a lot. Better health for you.

Have a good day everyone kep cool and safe.

patricia19

Good morning; it's another chill and rainy day for us, but tomorrow is to be warmer, and next week to be back into the mid-eighties. Very unusual August weather for us.

Kodiak, Alaska, had a shallow 8.2 earthquake and tsunami warning last night at 10:30 and an evacuation. However, while a tsunami was generated, it wasn't a large one, and the warning was downgraded to an advisory. This far north, we didn't feel anything; their earthquake didn't trigger our fault line as the quake was shallow.

I'm glad the train trips were appreciated, and Jane, you'd be a welcome guest. It's too bad that Pat Scott's magic bus is no longer running.

We had bedbugs in the building some years back, and even one apartment on my floor was infected. They came and inspected all apartments, and everyone, all five floors, had to remove everything and place it on the balconies while they sprayed, waited four days, and stayed a second time.

It turns out that someone had dumped an infested couch by the dumpster across the street, and someone from the building had gone and brought it into this building. I never saw a single bug, but I broke out in hives and felt every stray bit of air was a bedbug.

I'll be shopping prior to the fourth for our local get-together, and I hope to see full shelves. We're back to more cases with the Delta and one other variant and depend on outside shipping for our groceries. I miss the ethnic groceries. None of them have reopened, and I hope they will eventually. I've had my two vaccinations, and I still wear a mask. This city is still on the lockdown instituted in March 2020.

Amy, you and Jane have been busy! I no longer can, and I've been eating from my freezer's meal prepping. I no longer eat as I did until February. I lost 20 lbs with my sprain and another eleven since then with the new anti-inflammatory diet. I dislike most greens, such as kale or collards, and cannot get that excited over only fish or chicken anymore. On the other hand, I haven't had an allergy attack in months and feel so much healthier that any griping feels unnecessary and childish.

I sent your canning recipe and Lloyd's to my sister, so thank you both!

Hi Gloria! I'm glad you're enjoying the videos and perhaps Yvette too! I don't think I remember being in Arizona, but I know we visited an aunt and uncle in Flagstaff in the fifties. I'm sure it's changed some since then!

Amy

Patricia, I am happy to read no allergy attacks. You have worked hard at this and it is paying off. No fun giving up the foods you enjoy but if it makes your life better then that is the way to go.

Today has been busy, hand washing laundry, vacuum packing meat and then some yellow beans.  I have no idea on what supplies will be like this winter but I do know we will be fine.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Well, I'm heading for the haystack!  It's been a busy day!  I got a lot done but most of it doesn't show.  First off, I stripped both beds and washed everything right down to the bare mattresses and then put it all back on. 

I guess, when Frankie goes on vacation next month, we're going to have Cooper stay here.  I think he'll be more comfortable being somewhere that he knows than going to my daughters and having a stranger look in on him.  And Mickie will love having him here.

AMY, I got the meat canning directions, and the Muskoka Baked beans but I didn't see Meatball bean soup.  Maybe I missed it.  I'll go back and look again when I finish here.

Gloria, your trip west reminds me of my first trip to Texas after Cindy moved there.  We did a 3 day trip from where they lived in the Dallas area in a circle down through Texas Bluebonnet country when the flowers were blooming!  It was breathtaking.  Everywhere you looked there were flowers.  Even the motels where we stayed looked out on fields of bluebonnets.  You can't believe it until you see it!

I better get off here before my eyes go into slam shut mode.  I don't want to be running into things when I'm getting ready for bed.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. It is a beautiful clear day here this Morning 74º and sunny. we hag gravel hauled and spread where we Park the R V. and on the driveway. I hope to get the box truck parked where we can get the lumber and tools unloaded and organized in the shop so we can use them. with a big fan moving the air I can work out there some. Have a good day.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning..

We were off and running this morning. One store here opens at 7 am and I like to shop without the crowds. They must have had lots of customers yesterday as they were all out of hen fruit! Picked up what we needed and now to work around home and pick more beans, Once they come on you can pick pretty near every other day. Dogs like them also in their food.

Jane will email you the recipe for the soup...

Need to get going.

Jimmy Dean