Random Image

AZ MAY 2004 (71).JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:59:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

SUBJECT: Soda Shoppe for August 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, July 31, 2021, 11:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patricia19

Amy, I'm sorry I'm late, but I hope your birthday was just as you wanted!  Good baby news, family, and good times!

MaryLou 08 08 2021 Birthday.jpg

Amy

Good morning..

Another hot day in the making here..come on Fall!!

Have a lot of put off jobs to do today.doubt they will all get done but at least some will. Flocks of blackbirds are vacuuming up the seeds I put out, Blue Jays the muscle birds fly in and poof away go the little birds. The Mourning Doves are back and it is always fun to watch them. Crows bring their family that are as big as they are now. I call them the MTO of the road ways. They fly back and forth across the highway ,looking for road kill to clean up.

Patricia, thank you for the gift and cupcakes! I had a fantastic day here with friends stopping by and phone calls. One I made to my cuz in the US..love talking with her! :smitten:

Jane, how did you do the carrots in the AF? Did you coat them with anything or just put them in as they are? Hope Mickie's stomach  adapts to the food.

Shirley, you do what you need to do to protect you!!

Better get ready to meet the day.
I put dark chocolate cake with delicious icing on it in the hidey hole. The icing is not sweet, just smooth and rich !

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. It is 73º and overcast calling for rain on and off today here. we sure could use some rain. Nancy is not but I am in the mood to go to a orchard and get a bushel or two of Peaches to can. she made a peach Pie yesterday out of some we caned a year or so ago. sure Tasted good. Have a good day everyone.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, well it is morning but not  too good, sky still gray with rain possible later in the day. By Wednesday forecast  is for hot humid temperatures to return.  I will be so relieved when temperatures are no higher than the 70's and we do not have gray skies more  than blue ones.

PATRICIA  the only wild animals I ever saw were in zoos and I am happy to keep it that way. I have seen deer walk through the yard at my son's place and wild turkeys when I have been in  the house and that  is enough for me. A bear would knock me over with just a strong breath.

AMY  years ago we used  to go hiking in the woods in this town, came across old foundations and where people had their dump never seeing a wild animal. Deer were seldom seen and the hunting season for them was 5 days and only with bow and arrow. Now there are too many deer and they cause damage. The last few years many sightings of black bears all over the state, even in this town. Not safe to go into the woods anymore.

SHIRLEY  August  has always been the hot month here. I can remember adults  talking about the dog days of August. Even dogs didn't want  to move. After last month here I don't see how August can be worse this year.

AMY  Happy Belated Birthday.
That's me lately, late for everything.

LLOYD  will be awhile before local peaches are ready for picking.

Have a good day everyone and s tay safe from  the new strain of Covid.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

:hb3:  :hb2: AMY!  I don't know how I missed that!  You certainly didn't advertise!  Hope it was a happy day and that it's followed by a happy year! 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

:hb3:  :hb2: One more Belated Happy Birthday, Amy!

Gloria, after watching that news of BTK with all the original cast photos & what they look like today, I am finally getting past the sick feeling we had those years. It really was re-living a nightmare, not just the 10 people he killed, but the fact he could pretend to be normal all those years and acting like he was a "star".... just talking about it makes me start breathing short & need to shiver. You would have to have seen him to believe how lacking he is of any human traits. I don't think any animals are as brain & conscience dead as this man. He is still living in a prison just east of Wichita. I thought his daughter tried hard to be as kind about him as she could, but I still think she, her brother & any kids they have will be constantly aware that "they might inherit the gene that turned him into a totally crazy human". If you Google BTK it has quite a bit about him. Appears he did all this to be famous & loved the attention, so back in the day they didn't allow him to see news to feed his ego. I really didn't realize how much it affected me at the time & again watching this ABC show. Sorry, I just couldn't talk about it at the time.

We have a heat advisory for today & most of the week so I was up & attem early. Had my son turn the sprinkler heads to go all the way around to get the neighbor's yard until they can get their well fixed. Poor kids (about same age as my kids), decided to have a pool put in & so many things have gone wrong it's almost funny but NOT! The had their front yard completely killed off & replanted because it was so neglected before....  with this heat & wind we do have to water almost daily, so most houses have sprinkler systems. I watched this side of their yard turning yellow and starting to die so I asked my son if it was possible to get MY sprinklers to go all the way around. In some of the original digging the well power was cut off. Talked to the young man that owns the house next door & he was grateful to have the help so Andy got it running over the week end. Nothing Andy loves more than making someone happy. I hope it's not too late to turn that grass green again. Owner said he found a way to get the other front zone to work so kind of good feeling to have something work out right. Her parents bought the house across the street & I love having "family" all around!

I need to run errands & then a nap later today. I could use one now but afraid to stop. Wishing all a peaceful and happy day.

Amy

Jane, Gloria and Shirley thank you.

I did google BTK...he was a nasty man on the same level as Charles Manson!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

CallieOK

Merry Monday

Belated :happybday: Amy!

Shirley,  we're getting Heat Advisories, too.  I haven't needed to be out that much but it doesn't feel any hotter than usual for this time of year to me. 

The past two weeks have been filled with maintenance medical appointments, errands to do, family/workpeople in and out and desk work that needed to be done ASAP.   

Medical appointments all went well but I didn't like doctors agreeing that I'm doing as well as can be expected "at your age".  :buck2:
Had an amplified doorbell installed and wish I'd thought of doing that years ago.
Finally got desk work cleared yesterday afternoon and hoping no more shows up for a while.

Today is oldest son's birthday.  I ordered a gift card sent to him via e-mail; hope he gets it. 

Sounds as if the Soda Shoppers are busy as usual with fur babies, canning/cooking and going hither and yon. 
Enjoy your day.

Amy

Callie, thank you.
Heat didn't used to bother me but now I really dislike the heat and humidity. Told hubby if this a/c ever breaks down a new one will be put in!
Jimmy Dean

Denver

Good morning.....another day of nasty air here in Colorado.  Saturday was terrible.  National news said Denver had the worse quality of air in the ENTIRE world😡. What frightening words.

Today the children start back to school.  Our granddaughter is 11 so not vaccinated yet, and there is quite the controversy about them wearing masks or not😩

We celebrated our grandsons 13th Birthday yesterday, a few days early.  With school starting and after school activities there was no hope of doing it on his day.  The new puppy looked like he had nearly doubled in size in just a week. What a cutie pie‼️

My surgeons office called last Friday and I got so excited.......thought maybe they were going to move my surgery date up😍. Nope, just informed me that the hospital had changed and I will be going to the same one that I went to last time😩 18 days to go😩😩. At least it is in sight‼️

I wish you all a wonderful day.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

patricia19

Good morning from another rainy but normal for August, Interior day. While those who know the month of August as sweltering, we know it as the month that temperatures cool down and the rains come. Then September and October are cooler but usually beautiful before snows arrive around Halloween. Of course, this isn't set in stone and certainly not last year, but we'll see.

I, for one, enjoyed the return of summer's high temperatures after the past three rainy summers. I'm not enjoying the return of rain, but I know there's an end date, and this month will still be in the midsixties.

I'm still waiting while my insurance and Medicare duke it out. I understand with Covid that most companies are dealing with large backlogs, so that it might be a while. I have noticed that my left leg is weaker, and I'm convinced that there was more to it than a simple sprain and the doctor's impatience with my not so to her, emergency needs.

Other than those minor inconveniences, I'm doing chores and working on my computer. I still haven't set up a monthly budget which has been a goal since 2017. I'm still writing pluses and minuses on notebook paper with a fixed and variable outline. I even bought, last year, the green-lined paged books, but that's as far as I've ever gotten.

Amy

Jenny , love your avatar! He looks so cuddly!   :dogrunning:
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

well not much going on here again today. so good night and sweet dreams everyone. Hope to see more of you tomorrow.

Lloyd

JaneS

Hello All Y'all!  LLOYD, I wish I could say "there's not much going on here" but I can't.  Mickie is still having a hard time keeping anything down.  Even the prescription diet doesn't stay down long enough to do any good for her.

We have a return appointment on Wed. morning and I'm hoping they will give her something that will help to keep the food down and give her some nourishment!  Cooper doesn't understand all this and he has his hiding places to stay out of her way. 

Both of my good neighbors are keeping me well supplied with yellow summer squash and today I cleaned a bunch of them, sliced them and stacked them between wax paper on a cookie sheet to freeze.  I have 5 bags ready to take out and Air Fry for quick meals.  And I probably have that much more in the fridge waiting to be done.  I wanted to see if the first batch did what I wanted it to and it did so tomorrow I'm hoping to finish it...if I don't find more on my fence or my porch steps.  That's where they leave them.

I pray for a better day for Mickie tomorrow and I pray that you all have a good day, too!

Jenny, what kind of puppy is the cutie?  He looks like my daughters Bernese Mountain Dog when he was a puppy!  They've actually had two of them and they are such big babies!

I'm off to the haystack.  I hope there are as many zzzzs there as there were last night.  we slept in until almost 7 a.m. this morning!  It felt great.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep!

Vanilla-Jackie

Junee...wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY.. :)
" There is no present like the time "

Amy

Good morning.

We are off and driving to our eye appointments this morning . Due to construction we are leaving early with hopes we don't get caught up in it. Will make some detours and get to the chocolate factory and cheese factory afterwards.

Jane, Poor Mickies stomach and the extra work you have had cleaning up!! Hope today is a better day for both of you. Is she on a med that causes this upset? Sending you a sight for canned squash .

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning to anyone who surfaces today including AMY, who has already shown up!

AMY, Mickie is on NO meds at all!  She's on a precription diet which she liked at first but now needs coaxing to eat.  I try to get her to eat and then lie down and sleep for a good hour until everything begins to digest and settle inside.  Sometimes that's not easy to do but right now she's sleeping and has been for 15 minutes since she ate.  I'm not going to move from this spot until she does even though I'm craving a cup of coffee and I should go get dressed.

I got the directions for canning squash and I'll be answering your email a bit later.  Thanks!

Onward to other websites!  I wish you all a good day!  Ours is heading for the high 80s and some rain later on in the afternoon and evening.  the prediction for the humidity is 90%!  That a lot of perspiration!

I hope you all have a good day!  Make it your own in every way!

Shirley

I actually told Google to wake me at 6:00am so I could turn on the sprinklers. Any time I set an alarm I wake up before it goes off. Google said it is 79° & already windy but will feel like over 100° today & that just sucks up all the moisture from the yard & even pool, so gotta do what we gotta do, right? My to-do list is vac the pool & when sprinklers are done, switch the controls to add water to the pool again. Then before temps go up higher, want to wash the car. It has a layer of dirt on it from the quickie rain we had Sunday so I can't get in without getting my pant legs dirty.

I discovered I can get jobs done if I don't eat first! True, once I eat I am ready to go back to sleep (like a baby). When I asked my doctor about this he just explained that "it takes a lot of energy to digest that food..."  I do love to eat & my weight never changes up or down more than a pound or two.

I also want to know what that darling little pup is, Jenny. Hard to believe that "The Mile High City" had the worst air in the world! Especially that being the place where the doctors used to send patients with lung problems. My oldest cousin spent a year or so there for a bout with TB, and lived at least 60 years longer back in MO after his cure.

I'm so sorry about Mickey's tummy, Jane. Since she is on meds for the original cause, would it be okay at this stage to just offer her little portions of your home cooking?  My gr-daughter's dog got sick, even vet thought possibly "some kind of virus" picked up with the grass sniffing. After antibiotics or whatever meds they gave the pup, dog was fine but gr-daughter diagnosed with Covid! Her only symptom was blood clots in her legs, didn't feel sick at all, but changed her life being confined, blood thinner, etc. The vet didn't test the dog but at the time we were hearing of other dogs testing positive "back east". Best wishes for Mickey & you. EDIT: I see no meds for Mickey... Dr.Shirley's advice stands, Mom's cooking in small portions will probably make her feel better & loved.  :thumbup:  :smitten:

I bought some lettuce & spinach packages of seed for fall planting. My tomatoes have not been a big success so not sure they like the trug life (in KS winds). Hope fall lettuce is as good as the spring was, so tender & fresh picked daily! Oops, day light snuck in so better get moving. The trees are shaking hard this morning already so the water won't be doing the ground much good.  Our weather is 80degrees & humidity of 89%.... that is NOT my kind of wake up weather!

Gloria, Jackie, Lloyd, Callie, Patricia, anybody else been in lately?  Thanks to all that check in with news from your worlds. Wishing each and EVERY FRIEND a happy day. God Bless!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well anther two Part hitch with the sleep, but a total of 7.5 hours, It Is 78º and Sunny here this morning. and going higher. Nancy Has already taken a walk down and Back to the Mail box and hoed in her flower bed to keep the weeds out. she came in and helped me with my spelling, and commented about my sleep look of my Hair, so I have to go brush my hair. so she will be happy.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, anot her dark sloomy one here and is not going to improve any. Heat wave in forecast starting tomorrow. Don't need or want it. Local guesser said that with the heat and humidity a t times will feel like over 100. You know I will be s taying inside wi th the AC running. Today is grocery day and Yvette was making a list of what  I need yesterday. More supplies than food. She wants me ready for any shortage we might get soon.

SHIRLEY  I most likely heard/read about that BTK but wiped it out of my mind. I even hate a movie about sadistic people.

CALLIE  great  seeing your post this morning.Gald your health is good "for your age" I get that, too, but at my age I am surprised I am still alive.

JENNY  wish they could replace my spine as easily as they can a shoulder these days.

JANE  you slept be tter than me last night, I was awake about every 2 hours. Don't feel like doing anything today.

Better go get my oatmeal cooked and have breakfast. Hello t o everyone I did not say anything to.

Have a good day and keep that covid away.

Denver

Good morning EVERYFRIEND😍

Thank you for noticing the picture of my newest grand pup‼️ He is a Beredoodle, part Bernese Mountain Dog and poodle.  He is as payed back as any pup I have ever met.  Very smart and doing fantastic at being trained.

Another smoky day here in the Mile High😩  SHIRLEY, yes, it is shocking to think we could possibly have the worse air in the world😩⚠️  It is all do to the horrible fires in the west.  We are just in-line for the worst smoke from California and they are predicting that conditions will remain this way for months 😩😤

JANE, I am sorry to read that Mickie continues to not be able to keep her  food down.  I do hope the vet can help with this when you go in.  Loved reading your way of keeping the yellow squash you are being given.  I could eat squash at every meal! 

I wish you all a good day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

patricia19

Good morning from the Interior!

Jane, I hope the vet soon finds food or a fix for Mikie's digestive issues and illness. I know it's upsetting when our babies are ill, and we can't make it better.

Amy, Jane, squash sounds interesting. I never did buy that Acron squash and plan to get that and brown sugar next shopping trip.

Jenny, what a cute pup! I know the Bernese can get large and I wonder about a mix?

junee

Vanilla- Jackie  Thank you so much for your message for my 99th Birthday.  The number sounds wrong but the calendar says it is correct.  I was very happy to see you had moved again and settled into your new place of abode.  Hope you are as well as you can be. I do read in Bait and Tackle at times and appreciated hearing from Beverly. Will attempt to fix this print but not as good on the computer as in times gone by.  Keep free from viras, not good here, but we are in Total lock down in this Aged Care.

JaneS

:hb3: JUNEE.  When you said your age, you made me feel young again!  Thank you for that!

I'm off to the haystack and I sure hope it's loaded down with s because I sure can use them tonight!  We had a good day...no upchucks on Mickie's part and 4 small meals in her tummy!  We'll see what tomorrow brings!

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, cooler tomorrow!  And may God bless us, every one!

Vanilla-Jackie

Junee..so good to come in and see a posting from you this morning ( UK at 5.50am )  :)
" There is no present like the time "

Amy

Good morning..

We are off and running this morning, heading the other way to the city. Soon Costco will be stopping the 8 am openings and we need to stock up before winter or another shut down. We will be meeting up with the kids to exchange parcels/goodies.
 Granddaughters birthday is in Oct and she asked for canning items, we are giving her, her gifts now so she can can now.

Need to get a move on, will be back later.

:thumbup:
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 75 already at 6:45. Going to be a hot humid day again. Anothe AC day and one I will stay inside and not go out for a walk and fresh air. Will be in the upper 80's before  the day is over and the next 2 days it is to be in the 90's and with the humidity the weather guessers are saying it will feel like the lower 100's. More days when going outside it will feel like trying to breathe under water. I sure am not fond of summer especially when we have temperatures like this. Sure glad my sons are retired and do not have to work outside anymore. With these temperatures there might also be violent thunderstorms. Then again those are mostly August temps here. Makes me wonder if we will have record cold and snow this coming winter. Once again glad I no longer have to drive in the snow.

JENNY  I hope when you go outside you wear a mask so as not to breathe in the smoke particles into your lungs. I think it is horrible with this heat and the smoke where you are to have the kids doing their sports in those conditions. Every summer here there are reports of some youngster passing out while in a game. Terrible when spor ts are more important to those coaches than the kids lives.

PATRICIA  I would like to bake a stuffed Acorn squash but my son has been giving me so many zucchinies I do not waht them to go to waste.

JUNEE  :hb3:   :) Happy Belated Birthday so good to see your post this morning. I remember when your family celebratedyour 90th birthday. Hard to believe that is already 9 years ago.

JANE  glad Mickie had a better day yesterday. I hope she will keep doing better each and every day. Hope you fond enough Zzzzzzs last night so you feel rested this morning. I did  and feel the difference.

AMY  hope you get home today before it  gets too hot. Yesterday was Yvette's day to go grocery shopping for me. She came back  with a multi pack of TP and paper towels that were not on my list. She wants to stock me up before there is a shortage of them again. I give her a list every week and she always seems to bring back more than what I had on the list. My freezer is full again and no room for anything else. She shops for things on sale even if I do not need them now. She loves coupons, too, but complains there are few around anymore. She has been one of the Coupon Queens but she sure saves money.

Landscapers are here  today. Glad I was awake before they got here. They start at 7 and seems like they start under my windows with those loud mowers every week.

Have a good day and keep cool and safe. 

JaneS

ANTS!  I HATE ANTS!  Why do they think the pickings are better inside in the summer?  For the past 10 or so years, I've had the great big black ones but this year I have the tiny little ones.  They must know I can hardly see the little ones so they send them!  I have baking soda and cinnamon all over the kitchen and if there's one little tiny scrap of something on the counter, they gather!

And that's my complaint for today!!

Mickie had a good day yesterday, slept all night last night.  She got up at 6:30 and went out in the yard and took care of both businesses!  I was delighted to see that the food had done what it was supposed to do and that she was doing what she was supposed to do.  We have our follow-up appt with the vet at 9:30 this morning and we're ready!

GLORIA, you are so lucky to have Yvette!  She really takes care of you...even of what you don't know you need.  She sure is special!  I'm lucky to have my oldest daughter right here in town.  She takes good care of me when I need it!  And Frankie comes by and cleans!  And she absolutely refuses to let me pay her!  She says when I keep Cooper for her, that's the pay! 

Gotta run!  Have a great day and stay cool!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone,  Gloria you beat me up again. It Is 77º here @ 7:36 Am. supposed to get higher here again today. I have been working on my raised beds, almost finished I have to go to Sil's and get a few more boards. he gets packing crates where he works. He Is soon to retire completely. oh well it is time we both do that. And  Gloria I am regularly a couch jockey now days. have a good day and take It easy. see you all Later.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS we are luckey to have our grands close also. and the great grands stopping by with hugs also. we buy Hershey candy bars by the carton. and they know a hug and Kiss is good enough pay for them, sure glad to have them close. see you all late.

Lloyd