Random Image

Shoes On The Danube

Owner: Radioman34
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:47:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for August 15, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, August 15, 2021, 12:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patricia19

I'm back from shopping, and I did attempt to stay out longer, but they've only ripped off the front of my balcony. The floor is still there. :(

My neighbor says they forgot to unseal her balcony door, and now they have to wait until the rain stops. The new windows, five, will be done in October, as well as new weather stripping.

Farrah was hiding under the bed, and it took some time before she ventured out to peek around from the hallway. She had to have had a great shock when they suddenly appeared on her balcony and opened up with the power tools.

The two guys on the lift equipment used the F word every other word while they talked sports. I have been known to use it when I stub my toe or fall, but nothing like these guys. It's probably a part of their culture, and I noticed the female construction workers are just as bad, so it's their culture.

JaneS

I'm having some really strange days!  I think I'm getting a lot done and then I look back and I've jumped from one thing to another and I always wonder if I'll ever finish anything again!  I start one thing and I come across a doggie thing that needs attention and I do that and then I have to wonder where I was before.  I feel all discombobulated!

Mickie's ashes came back this afternoon so it's like she's here again and I don't have to remember her in the Vet's office.  I can remember her here.

I think I'll go see if there are any zzzzzs in the haystack.  I'm so tired I'm ready to fall over and Cooper will be here at 7 tomorrow morning. At least i'll have some company.

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

I have some surprising news tonight..... I opened the garage door while ago to take some out of date milk to pour around my rose bush... somewhere I read it is a great fertilizer so never pour it down the drain. Callie was standing there, ran along with me & watched as I poured the water out of a bowl I keep by the bird feeder "for anything thirsty". She started slurping the milk up like she hadn't had anything to eat in the week+ she has been gone. Invited her on in & she ate a big bowl of the rotisserie chicken I bought the cats at Sam's today. She ate hers, finished up what Tiger didn't eat & I think she would have popped if I offered her more. Tom was not about to share, he had more than he could eat but decided if she was going to be greedy he'd clean out his bowl before she got it. So, not sure what she plans for tomorrow, if she will hang around all night, but the hawks or falcons didn't get her (no scratches, etc). She is outside, Tom is outside and Tiger shares my chair by the computer. My supper is still beeping in the microwave & it is past 10:00 pm. Sweet dreams to all......

RAMMEL

It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirley...the wanderer has returned home :kitten: see, miracles do happen, and as my father often would say " expect the unexpected "
" There is no present like the time "

Shirley

Thanks, Rick & Jackie. I'm up again, we have storms racing thru tonight & I am wondering how Callie is doing "out in the rain". She went out after eating enough for a week but when I opened the garage door before going to bed she darted into the garage & straight into the house & waited for more food! They usually have the Friskies canned food as their last meal before I go to bed and she remembered. She cleaned up hers & whatever Tiger left & headed back to the garage. Same story, I opened the big garage door & she went out with a hop & skip. When I gave her "one more chance" to stay in for the night, she had disappeared, so here I am up again at 1:00 am. Tom wants out, Tiger went to the basement for peace & quiet, & I'll be lucky to get 4 hours sleep again! It is raining hard again so Tom is happy to lay at my feet & stay in. Not sure how I lost control of my life~~

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirley...seems like your Callie is stocking up food for her next trip, to wherever...

Amy

Good morning..

I am up and attem thanks to crow/crows. They are now fed and dogs as well. Laundry, putting away the spoils of yesterday all 34 jars of dill pickles. Better find time to bake those pies also!

Managed to come home yesterday with a  metal shelving unit, they were on sale and highly recommended by a friend. Will see how this one works and may  head back for  another. Trying to get everything organized cause disorganization aka mess in doing so, but I am sure it will all come together.

Shirley, glad your Miss Callie came home ,nice to know she is ok.

Jane, Golden Girls ashes are here, nice to have them home again. Canner sure got a work out yesterday filled it three times  then 4 more jars. Now to label and put away. Word here is that there is a bumper crop of potatoes, some are even plowing them under.I think that is a waste as food banks could use them but people too lazy to pick them up.

Patricia, they didn't go to school far enough to learn the proper words to put in the sentence. You shouldn't have to put up with language like that.

Best get started for the day.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

OH SHIRLEY! I'm crying at your good news!  I didn't want to think of some bird taking Callie off to who knows where hand having a meal!  I'm so glad to hear that she knows where she's loved!

And Good Morning to Everyfriend who appears in the SS today.  I'm awaiting Cooper's arrival around 7 and a good day today.  It's supposed to rain again overnight and tomorrow but today is going to be cloudy. 

I might take a quick trip to the Farmers Market today.  I haven't made it to this one yet this summer and I used to go every week either Wednesday or Saturday.  And Cathy is going out of town so she won't be stopping on her way to or from WM.  She's doing that tomorrow!

I hope Everyfriend has a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow. 

JaneS

P.S.  Good Morning, AMY.  I had to wait to post until I read yours.  We must have been writing at the same time and you beat me.  You can keep the pickles.  I'm not a fan!  But I'll take the potatoes they don't want to bother about!

Amy

Jane, I am not a fan of dill pickles but Kyle now has over 60 jars to get him through the winter. I think we both got spoiled on the canned potatoes!! Great in the air fryer!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Just love the wea ther forecasters. Watch  a sudden repor t on Henri and it will hit right over this part of the state. An hour lat er we will be on the right and more windy side, then the next one  we will be on the left side with more rain. It is a catergory 1 storm and then it is a tropical storm-then it is expected to  stronger and be a catergory 2 storm, maybe go up to a 3 before hitting land. Of course the different local chanels have different reports, too. Best thing is to look outside and see what it looks like.

JANE  must be a week for haircuts, my daughter just got one and I am ready to call my DIL and ask her if she can cut mine, getting too long again.   

JENNY  latest I heard about Henri is that  it will be going over Long Island and on to the Conn. shore and  that means not as close to us here or Boston either. When I had my right shoulder done I had to be in the hospital by 10 and they started sedation as fast as they could and my surgery was in the afternoon. Did you have to get the special soap to wash the shoulder with? I did and it left the skin with a greenish color-all steril.

SHIRLEY  seens lately I am always ready for a nap. Glad Callie showed up so you can stop worrying about her.

AMY  just think how long that canning yesterday would take without the pressure canner. Wish I had one when I did a lot of canning, used the waterbath back in those days.

Right now  the sun is shining and wonder how long that  will last.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. we had a nice Rain storm in the Night, a few rain puddles and the flower bed Is wet. that is good we were very dry. It Is 69º and clear now. I may go to shop and Un Load part of the box truck today. Nancy has taken a walk down the driveway and back Already. she came in here and gave me orders to get the RV down to the house so we can get it cleaned up to travel. and we are getting to the age we are going to have to do that or forget it. we want to go  to Boise Idaho and visit a grandson there. see you all later.

Lloyd

Shirley

Amy, Jane, Gloria, thanks for the Welcome Home for Callie, I am glad the hawks/falcons didn't get her but am wondering why she refuses to go into the pool area or back yard... at all!  Wonder if she was scared by that hawk sitting on the fence the day or so before she disappeared. I would have suspected that it might have picked her up & dropped miles away but no marks of claws on her. Cannot imagine where she has been as happy (and hungry) she is to be back.

I know people have tried to put mini cameras attached to cats (& other wildlife), but my curiosity will not be satisfied by putting this old girl in danger of being tangled in wires. She has been in to eat twice already this morning & each time refuses to go out to the pool like she always did. She is busy cleaning her fur out front, I can see her from my kitchen sink window.  I am trying to figure a new way to try to keep my garage floor cleaner since she avoids using the litter boxes. Andy suggested I put a training pad in the litter box to see if she just doesn't like the feel of the litter.  I'll give it a try.

Gloria, & all those living near the East Coast, watching Henri threats & is sounding fierce. Stay dry!!!

Patricia, sorry about the language. Would you dare to tell them that those words are offensive to some people?  Is English their first language?  When we lived in England a fellow GI was taught bad words by his friends in the squad. He had no idea what the words (he was from Lithuania) meant, so blurted out in front of anyone. He had joined the Air Force to become an American citizen and was happy to be part of the group, good natured. I only met him & his wife a time or two.  Cas had contacted him not long before he died (thanks to the computer) so I did send them an e-mail from Cas' address book on his computer, when he died. They were retired from the service & living in WA or OR.  Year or so later she had their son help e-mail me to let me know he had also died.  I am sure he eventually learned about those words, probably glad to have someone explain. She was from England and even with children in this country, sounded so abandoned. My mind wanders....

We had a little over an inch of rain last night & today will be the coolest for a week so got some "outside" dutys to take care of.  Need to open the motorhome & put out the slide & awning to get ready for a trip to MO. I like to dry things out after a hard blowing rain. Probably don't need to but a good excuse to play with the toys.

Lloyd, if you are heading west I expect you will take the nothern route out I-70, but if you happen to go out 50 thru Wichita, there is a Walmart on the west side of the city, where I met Bobbie when she & January came thru. I always buy a new Rand Atlas IN Walmart so it has all the Walmart stores marked. I am not at all bashful about stopping for a nap when tired, they prefer you stay on the outskirts of the parking lots at night, but daytime I park near the door so not as far to walk & shop. I also met another couple driving thru that was staying in a motel along the highway (WEST). I don't drive at night & it can be as much as 30 miles across town if you stop on the east side. Doubt if you will be taking the southern route so wishing you & Nancy "happy & safe trails"! 

Next job is clean & vac the pool. I wonder how much damage to that pool going in next door. The "cement pond" (Beverly Hillbillies?) doesn't have the cement in the hole yet, I don't think!  What a mess~~

Have a great day, I'm already planning the noon meal for 3 cats!!! 

JaneS

I read in the paper this morning that a tornado touched down in the next county over from where I live.  Seems it was a "kind" one and didn't take out the houses.  It went between 3 farm houses and took out several trees but it only took the roof off one house.  And the picture looks repairable.  I hope it is.  And I'm glad it wasn't closer!

AMY, I made those radishes in the A/F today and I ate the whole batch for my lunch!  I have enough radishes for another batch and I'm going to make them on Monday....maybe!

Back to work....

patricia19

Good morning from another soggy Interior, although temperatures are slowly rising for September's arrival.  Farrah stayed hidden yesterday even when I returned from shopping. Today, with all the noise to the right of us, she's staying by my side, away from the windows or following me from room to room. I have a feeling that if they show up on the balcony for the finishing work, she'll be back under the bed. All humans are on their own in that regard, I believe!  :thumbup:

She is very fastidious about her litterbox. She digs and rearranges so much until it's to her liking that I keep a cover on it. And it sits in the center of two crossed yoga mats to catch any litter residue. Every night before bed, I clean the box and take the garbage out. She doesn't like a dirty box, and I wouldn't like her looking for an alternative.  :buck2: 

I don't believe the guys and gals even paid attention to the inside of the various balconies they worked on: too much to do and too little time to do it in. And I expect that is the same wherever military or construction sites operate. In a social setting, I'm sure they watch what they say.

I know they still have to put up a type of metal crossties on the fronts and do some finishing work so that they will be back probably next week, if not later today. Right now, they're working on the balconies to the right of me.

Shirley, I am so glad that Callie found her way back! I've had a wandering eye, too, with all the cams and the worldwide real estate lists I've watched. I used to love looking at the high-rise apartments but now not so much after Florida.

We had this past week, nine covid deaths in my city, and then I read that some guy in the states whose wife recently died of Covid joined an anti-vax rally. Now I'm wondering if they should take another look at his wife's death.

I'm not fond of dills either, but I occasionally love a big garlic dill with a good cheese or a roast beef sandwich. Most commercial dills have no taste. Yesterday I had some pepper jack cheese and a hunk of a garlic-herb-Italian loaf from a friend, so while I was probably aromatic, I felt wonderful. To me, that was a good dinner.

Amy

Jane, glad you like that recipe!!

Laundry is done, just the dogs bedding on the line that can come in. Finally made an apple pie, two dozen butter tarts and a cinnamon roll. Too hot to do outside work so another day for that, although I did manage to coral the dust bunnies. I am so surprised that these dogs are not running around naked with all the hair they have lost!

I managed to find a pressure canner for the neighbour, Home hardware had one on the shelf and she asked if I would pick it up. She wants to can potatoes also, along with soups and baked beans.

Tonight consists of putting feet up and doing zip, zilch, nada. Hmm maybe a walk to the freezer for an ice cream bar is about all I will do . :)

Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good Night and sweet dreams. hope to see you all tomorrow. be very carful where you go and do, six members of our family has the coved. some are having a very rough time with it.

Lloyd

JaneS

LLOYD, I'm saying a prayer for your family members who are ill.  I hope they recover quickly.

Tomorrow will be a busy morning.  Frankie has to leave for work by 6:30 and Cooper will need his walk.  I have to get a shower and get ready to be at church by 10 a.m.  I might not get in here before church. 

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Vanilla-Jackie

Lloyd Hammond...you be very careful too...i am sorry to hear the unfortunate news of your 6 family members...

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well the weather Guesser says It Is clear and 68º here this morning. I had a Fairley good sleep. thanks for all the Good wishes, It is in gods hands. with the Look's of the good weather should be a good day. I hope you all have a good day the way you want it.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning...

Starting off cool but we are back into frying weather here..
Since I did get most of what needed to be done yesterday,today is a rest day.

First meeting up with friends in town for a bit then over to the work that is being done on another friend lot. They didn't build this year due to the high costs of lumber and hope next year will be their year to build their home.

Lloyd, prayers for your family to get through this. WEAR your masks, wash your hands often and stay apart from people. The new variant is hitting even though with the covid shots.

Jane, you have a busy day ahead of you. Hope you can find time to put your feet up!

Better shake a leg and get ready for town.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Just a quick "Good Morning Everyfriend".  I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.  Ours is going to top out at 79º and will be raining off and on!

Gloria

Good morning every one. Well the rain has started, not windy. Wole too late t o get the news on the tube but we are to be on the windy side and not all the rain side. I hope this building can take all the wind, well built but has never been through a hurricane. From what I saw on the weather thing on this PC we are in for rain till sometime Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. If this is not the rainy side of Henri I hate to think what those to the west of us are in for, lot of flooding is areas I imagine.

SHIRLEY  one thing is all my family members live on high ground above any streams near by.

PATRICIA  in the cities the senior housing is all high rises and I would not be able to live feeling OK in one of them. I would rather be on the ground floor but being on the top third floor here at least I have no noisy one above me.

LLOYD  prayers for the family mambers fighting that covid. You and Nancy stay safe.

SHIRLEY  looks like you did manage to capture 1 dragon fly. I have seen thunders torms forming like tha t cloud.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

patricia19

Good morning from another rainy Interior, such is August and expected if not welcomed. Farrah is happy not to hide from all the loud noises and heavy machinery rising past her window. You should have seen her reaction when a large orange machine extended its metal arm, swiveled, and placed the balcony flooring on the apartment to the right of me before slowly swiveling back and sinking out of sight. I imagine early humans looked the same at their first dinosaur! :o

Gloria, this disabled senior building is only five stories but has 189 apartments and studios and takes up the entire block. I live on the fourth floor, and the one below me used to play Elvis starting in the wee hours. He knows better now as his neighbors weren't that accommodating at two AM.  We're part of a seven-building series spread throughout the city, housing everything from seniors to children. In  October, weather permitting, they plan to replace each apartments' five windows and weatherstripping.

Amy, your days of rest rival my busy ones!

Amy

Patricia,  I did do sort of less than I had planned. We didn't go to see our friends lot but did meet up with are other friends earlier. Weather is way to hoot to go walking about . We got a whisper of a rain..hardly enough to wet the whistle on  a no see'um. Glad I picked  beans earlier!
Jimmy Dean

patricia19

Here, we're enjoying a break in the rain due back tomorrow. I should step away from the computer and find something to do. Does earlier cleaning the kitchen count?

RAMMEL

Quote from: patricia19 on August 22, 2021, 03:29:31 PMDoes earlier cleaning the kitchen count?
Anything that is not fun counts.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

JaneS

It started raining here around 10 a.m. and has continued ever since.  We didn't go walking this afternoon.  And now Cooper has gone home for the night and the house is lonely!  We're supposed to have rain most of the rest of the day and into the night.  The only good thing about that is, I don't have to water the plants.  The bad thing is, my window is leaking.  I have to find someone to have a look at it and see if it can be fixed.  I've made two phone calls and no one called me back.

I think I better see if there's anything constructive I can still get done today.  I'm not doing all that much.  Hope everyone's day is going well!