Random Image

Lloyd Hammond's Cook Stove

Owner: Lloyd Hammond
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:28:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for September 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, August 31, 2021, 11:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAMMEL

Here's the other one. Shows damage to some back yards that are close to the Hudson River. There is a Train (Mostly Commuter and Freight to NYC )Line between these properties and the River. Other Vid's By this guy are at https://yonkersvoice.com/videos/  This is a site I check often to get the local happenings of note.

It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Amy

Good morning..

We had a lovely soft rain during the night..temp is a bit warmer now at 60°.

Putzing about today.I did manage to get the cold storage somewhat organized and laundry done. While straightening the jars I happened to knock a jam jar on the floor :tickedoff:  .

Rick , one has no control over water ,wind or fire. The devastation it leaves behind is unthinkable. How does one start all over ?

Shirley, although snow means a lot of work for me, one can't help but admire the beauty of it.

Jenny, so good to hear from you and your healing is progressing. Don't over do it, take your time ,you don't want any set backs. Sorry to read about Matt, hope he heals and has no problems afterwards.

Gloria, hope you found time for your nap after your son left.

Lloyd,maybe today will be an all day rain which is fine with me!!

Enjoy your day and stay safe./color]
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Impressive links, Rick, thanks. Most/lots of us out here can't imagine that happening "in our own yards". Even with my house backing up to a river, that would be a shock. Don't expect that will be an easy fix and would have nightmares of more rain sliding off the next layer back.

Depending on which weather station listening to, it's between 59 & 66 degrees. Our temps are to be in the 90s for the next week so I'll be hiding out. Got a bum knee this morning, was tired to the bone yesterday & think didn't lay straight so got a pinched nerve in my back, pain not in the bone but like an abcessed tooth to step down. Gloria, I slathered a layer of Hempvana on but so far it didn't help the knee, guess I'll try it on my back after church & breakfast.

Doesn't look like much going on in Kansas today (weather wise), so hope the rest of you stay high & dry or a good soaker for the west coast! 

Morning, Amy! Oh, ICK to the jam clean up. One of the cats had an upset tummy overnight, thank goodness they were confined to the hardwood floor rooms! Got some extra jobs to take care of today, like cleaning that pool & pumping water down a couple inches. 

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  This will be a shortie because I have to get ready for church and set up for activities after church.

RICK, that was very enlightening!  I've seen floods up close but when they are far away it's hard to visualize them.  I've never been tempted to drive through flood water and I'm quite sure I never will.  I understand why you went home.

SHIRLEY, I'm still not ready for winter but you can have the rain!  It started sometime during the night and is supposed to last most of the day!  I guess it's good for the fall farm products but it sure makes for a gloomy day!

I have lots to do inside and, among other things I found a Scottie rescue place on line.  It's quite a distance away for an old lady who doesn't drive distances any more but I do have Frankie!  I'm calling them tomorrow to see what the deal is!

I hope you all have a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well 7 hours seam to be the number for me. I get interested In a western and my eyes slam shut as  Shirley says. I am going to get our local church preacher on tv and hope I can keep eyes open, but I feel as tired as I did when I went to bed very late last Night. Have a good day.

Lloyd

Amy

Lloyd, you can cat nap  today and catch up on your zzz's.

Jane ,hope you soon hear back soon.. I am sure Frankie would be just as excited to go pick up a poochie as you!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

[color=blackGOOD MORNING EVERY ONE.No sun  this morning, just a very dull sky.61 now a 8:30. Looks like we will have rain for Labor Day. Will spoil  a holiday for many who love to celebrate. I have reached the stage where it is just another day.   

AMY  when MIke was here a few days ago he said the only thing left he and my DIL were going to can were beets. Pickled. My eye must have lit up because he said he would bring me a jar of them. This is the first  year  they have done any canning. Usually they fill the freezer with veggies from their garden.

JANE  hope you ge  that poor dog. You have the love in your heart it needs.

PATRICIA  I enjoyed the first link, that is what I like, snow for Christmas.

RAMMEL  we had roads  that looked worse  than the ones in those videos. One road  that buckled they showed them getting the broken pavement up into dump trucks and the water was rushing underneath like a roaring river.

Sorry I did no t reply  to everyone, no t up  to i t t his morning. I feel like the day looks, and i t is no t one of beautiful blue with a few puffy white clouds.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

Rick, I watched in disbelief.  I've driven through that area many times and ridden on those railroad tracks so often when we lived in Dutchess Co. and would go to the City.  That was many times especially after our eldest son moved to Manhattan.  We lived on the bluffs above the Hudson in Dutchess Co. for 27 years and I 'm shuddering at the thought of having that much rain with those results when we lived there.  The flooding was nasty and a mess to clean up but the mud slides are scary!  I hope you and your family are OK and such a terrible storm like IDA never happens again.

Beautiful day here with no storms in sight....at least, not for now.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Vanilla-Jackie

Beautiful glorious day here UK...got taken to church this morning then take our own food to the side garden where volunteers, young children included, were waiting to do work on the garden...I made myself useful by putting three bricks at a time on-top of my solid rollator seat then with difficulty walked to the far end where people were laying them, i done this three times and that was enough for my Multiple Sclerosis body...Now my messed up body is paying the price..
" There is no present like the time "

CallieOK

Good Sunday morning,

Rammel, hard to believe that "Ida" was able to cause so much damage at the end of her path across the country!
Miss Ellen lives near the "border" of Harlem and Washington Heights. She said it was a "wild crazy storm" but her apartment was dry and she/roomies were safe. She did say she wasn't going to use the subway for a while because of flooding but could use buses and "my own two feet" to get to work.

Jenny, glad your shoulder is getting better; keep up the good work.
So sorry about Matt; glad he'll be able to play the other sports.

#1 son tore up his knee during a Freshman football game in Leadville.  We took him to an orthopedist in Denver whose treatment was rather painful.  As son was hobbling out of the office on crutches, a big "hunk" wearing a letter jacket from one of the Denver high schools was coming in - also on crutches.  He smiled at son and said, "You, too, huh? Good luck, Buddy."  You could see son straightening up a bit and thinking, "Wow! I'm one of "them"".  (He also enjoyed the attention of the cheerleaders when he went back to school.  ;) )

Shirley, the "not so hot" weather front finally wandered into this area yesterday evening.  Just sprinkles at my house but there was some flooding farther south and east.  Supposed to feel like Fall tomorrow.

I was sad when the weather guru said the sun will now set before 8:00 p.m. until next April.  I love the long summer evenings.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

patricia19

Callie, look at it this way, by November, we will be on our way to only five daylight hours, and two of those will be dusk!

Rick, that looks heartbreaking and terrible and reminds me of our catastrophic flood of 1967. Afterward, the city and state built a series of dams and spillways called the Chena Flood Control Project. There are still floods above us, but none for miles around.

I'm hoping all have a wonderful day as Lloyd says, "how you like it."

patricia19

I was just reading an article about Ida and the devastation and loss of life so far from where she made a downfall.  It's not enough as the article states to say this was a once in 100-year storm, we have to grasp our new reality in all fifty states and in the world.

As New York's mayor says, '"I want to have an after-action report on this," New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said. "What did we know and when do we know what we had, what information did we have? Are there any intelligence failures in terms of our preparedness?"

Hochul went on to put her finger on the main issue that governors and mayors have to confront in all 50 states.

"Anyone who says it's once in a century, once in 500 years -- I'm not buying it. This has to be considered the normal course of business. So we need to take steps to prepare," she said. "Is our communication system adequate to let people know in homes and on subways that this is dangerous? Are alerts going out on people's cell phones? How do we communicate? And are we doing a good enough job? Because I'm not going to stand here and guarantee it won't happen again tomorrow. I don't know that, but I know we need to do much more in our resiliency, addressing climate change."

That is the new normal: preparing for hurricanes that can cause wind damage and storm surges in the Gulf and carry enough force and precipitation to wreak havoc days later and more than 1,000 miles away. It's not the job Northeast officials expected, but one they can no longer avoid."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/opinion-the-truth-new-york-city-cannot-avoid/ar-AAO6Gv6?ocid=winp1taskbar

RAMMEL

The Army Corp Of Engineers has worked on the Saw Mill River on and off for years trying to alleviate the flooding that often occurs there. The area along Nepperhan Ave (one of the flooding sites shown) has been a flood spot since I was a kid. I recall as a teenager driving through it one night and losing my brakes till they dried out.  They have built concrete areas in places and if you know where to look in the video you can see berms about 3 or4 feet high along side the road to keep the river within it's bounds. However, we are downstream at the place where the Saw Mill river dumps into the Hudson. So all the water that drains into the Saw Mill in the Communities North of us has  to go past us. Housing developments and other development has added much to the run off and it becomes too much to handle downstream. In other parts of our City the infrastructure is very old, probably 1 or 2 hundred years old. Not designed for all we expect of it today.
As you might guess, at one time the river was used to power saw mills in town.
Luckily I live at the top of the hill so have no direct problem with flooding.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

RAMMEL

Quote from: patricia19 on September 05, 2021, 11:58:34 AM"Is our communication system adequate to let people know in homes and on subways that this is dangerous? Are alerts going out on people's cell phones? How do we communicate? And are we doing a good enough job? Because I'm not going to stand here and guarantee it won't happen again
Alerts were issued (multiple), both by phone and internet (email). I don't think the problem is communication but how to handle the sudden surge of water. Our last Governor's answer of recovery that was not done overnight was to fine the responsible organization. IMHO - It's hard, if not impossible, to plan for every possible disaster and have all supplies ready just in case. Someone would have to pay for that preparidness(sp) and you know it would be us, the Citizen or user.
People should know not to drive through a pond - Dah, is it bad for the car?

Someone - kick my soapbox.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Vanilla-Jackie

Rammel quoting, " people should know not to drive through a pond - dah, is it bad for the car? "
..let them do it, they will find out sooner or later.. ??? ::)
" There is no present like the time "

patricia19

Rick, NYC's mayor, said it was a once-in-a-century storm and that no information was sent out other than the usual means of saying they might have some rain...

I believe this is what the governor was referring to.

I have no answers. It's becoming the new norm from the firestorms in the west to the hurricanes and following storms in the south and northeast to the tornados in the midwest. And our infrastructure overall is aging. And yes, we will be paying more and more.

People either drive or try to in both fires and floods and take horse dewormer for a human virus so you're right, people should know better.

Denver

A good Sunday morning HELLO to EVERYFRIEND 💐

Thank you, RAMMEL, for the videos you shared.  So sad to see the destruction from Ida.  Those beautiful backyards....oh my.  Happy to read you are on a hill top and about as safe as you can be.  I lived in Scottsdale AZ for many years......they were always warning people...DO NOT DRIVE THROUGH STANDING WATER, and yet they did it all the time!😡. The lots overlooking the Hudson are so lovely.

JANE, before I forget to mention it again....Iamso pleased you might be getting the doggie that need YOU as much as you need him🙏‼️

We are headed into a HOT week here......so look out Shirley and Callie....it is headed your way! 

Cute story about your son, CALLIE.

PHYLLIS, I enjoyed your story this morning.🥰

I appreciate the kind comments regarding Matt.  I agree with the thought that at least now he can't get hurt worse🤪🤪  Before Michele passed away, Mat had to choose between tennis and football as they are played at the very same time.  Matt chose tennis.....which made Michele, and me, very happy.  Then the darn football coach seeked Matt out and the rest is history😘. He really was having a good season and was proud of himself😩

We are going to Dave's for a cookout today.  It will be so good toget out and to see the family again🥰🥰. It was a week today that I came home from the hospital and it feels more like a month🤪😆

JACKIE, how nice you were able to help the children out by carrying 3 bricks at a time‼️  Job well done.  My heart is happy that you are getting out and about🙏‼️

PATRICIA, I am with you.... "Anyone who says it's once in a century, once in 500 years -- I'm not buying it. The writing is on the wall‼️ Hell, wind and fire is the fear for sure......along with floods😩

I wish you ALL a wonderful day.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

RAMMEL

Below is one of the Alerts that I got. There were more to follow. We also got voice message by phone.

NYC is another story but I'd rather not go into that. I doubt the NYC Mayor will win another term.

"This is an alert from CodeRED Weather Warning. Moments ago, the National Weather Service issued a Flash Flood Warning for your Xxxxxxx (edited) Lane location from 6:51 PM September 1 until 10:00 PM September 1.

WGUS51 KOKX 012251 FFWOKX CTC001-NYC005-047-059-061-079-081-087-103-119-020200- /O.NEW.KOKX.FF.W.0039.210901T2251Z-210902T0200Z/ /00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/ BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED Flash Flood Warning National Weather Service New York NY 651 PM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021 The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a * Flash Flood Warning for... Fairfield County in southern Connecticut... Bronx County in southeastern New York... Kings (Brooklyn) County in southeastern New York... Nassau County in southeastern New York... New York (Manhattan) County in southeastern New York... Putnam County in southeastern New York... Queens County in southeastern New York... Rockland County in southeastern New York... Western Suffolk County in southeastern New York... Westchester County in southeastern New York... * Until 1000 PM EDT. * At 651 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain moving north across the warned area. Between 0.5 and 1 inch of rain has fallen. Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are possible in the warned area. Flash flooding is expected to begin shortly. HAZARD...Flash flooding caused by heavy rain. SOURCE...Radar. IMPACT...Flash flooding of small creeks and streams, urban areas, highways, streets and underpasses as well as other poor drainage and low-lying areas. * Some locations that will experience flash flooding include... Islip, Jamaica, Yonkers, Bridgeport, Stamford, Flatbush, Norwalk, Danbury, New Rochelle, Flushing, Brentwood, White Plains, Mott Haven, Levittown, East Tremont, Freeport, Shelton, Valley Stream, Commack and New City. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Turn around, don t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles. Be aware of your surroundings and do not drive on flooded roads. Please report observed flooding to local emergency services or law enforcement and request they pass this information to the National Weather Service when you can do so safely. && LAT...LON 4114 7423 4134 7397 4144 7398 4149 7393 4153 7353 4156 7353 4143 7322 4141 7319 4114 7319 4090 7374 4086 7375 4096 7349 4093 7319 4069 7321 4067 7327 4067 7322 4061 7322 4056 7401 4068 7405 4100 7389 FLASH FLOOD...RADAR INDICATED "
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

CallieOK

Patricia, I was in Alaska in June, 2004 and thought it was a beautiful state. I'd enjoy the dusk but wouldn't like only 5 hours of sunlight.

Our weather gurus are constantly saying "Turn around. Don't drown" like yours did, Rammel. Hope "Ida" has worn herself out by now.
Ellen did say some of her friends had major damage but didn't say where they live. I know she has some in Queens and Brooklyn.

IMHO, the world has had major changes throughout its existence (think of Dinosaurs, the Ice Age, etc.) and there were probably people who had to experience those. Maybe it's our turn this time.

I've been to church via live video and was just out in the yard to replenish suet feeder and do a bit of watering.  There's a lovely cool breeze but I think we're supposed to get Jenny's heat later in the week.  I can surely tell the sun is coming up farther to the south, though.

patricia19

So, the war of words again turns political, sad but expected. I've already read that some political leaders are saying climate change is a manufactured crisis. Sixty deaths in New York, New Jersey, and in other northeastern states from a storm called remnants from the hurricane that killed 12 in Mississippi and Louisiana upon landfall as a category 4.

"Hurricane Ida brought expected devastation to the Gulf Coast when it came ashore Sunday with Category 4 strength, but the storm inflicted a surprising toll with its remnants in the form of deadly extensive flooding in the Northeast.

The National Weather Service said Wednesday saw the most rainfall on record for La Guardia and Newark, with 6.89 inches and 8.44 inches, respectively. With 7.19 inches, it was the fifth wettest day on record for New York's Central Park. The Schuylkill River in Pennsylvania crested to levels not seen in more than a century.

"This was an exceedingly rare event with 6-10″ of rainfall falling over a several hour period," NWS warned after it issued its first flash-flood emergency in history for New York City."

Callie, with those two hours of dusk, it's more three hours of daylight and if it's very cold, that daylight will be foggy from ice fog which is visible frozen chemicals from car exhaust.

Lloyd Hammond

well the tragedy how ever it is caused or comes is offal, I have witness several after effects of both tornados and earth Quakes. In my travels have been just ahead of or just after there Path's. some of which caused lot of both damage and death. I witnessed In Kansas one take a barn away, It lifted it up in the air in one piece then it collapsed to complete rubble and went right over my head. I was plowing in the field and it dipped down and took the south roof side of a barn and flipped it up side down on the other side,  and dipped back down and took a large Maple tree out by it's Roots And took it completely  away.  good Night and sweet dreams.

LLOYD

JaneS

I'm happy to say that the closest I've been to any natural disaster is 20 miles from where a tornado touched down and about a half mile from where the flood water ended several times in my life.  I had heavy rain penetrate my basement once and we dealt with it.  I've been snowed in waiting for the plows to get around.  But they did come!  I've been very lucky!  And I feel for those who have had to deal directly with natural disasters.

I'm off to the haystack.  I got interested in "Quigley Down Under" starring Tom Selleck and now my eyes have entered slam shut mode.  I'm ready for the zzzzzs.  I sure do still miss my bedfellow!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Good morning..

Another lovely day in the making here.  Will carry on with the little jobs that get left undone and hopefully do them!

Callie, I am glad Miss Ellen escaped any harm that came their way. I too would avoid the subway!!

I got up but didn't quite wake up so will go move and that should help.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, another gloomy morning, still looks like rain but have not had a drop of it. 69 now, warmest morning this past week. Wonder if I will end up turning the AC on again.

CALLIE  I noticed the days getting shorter at  both ends of the day. Started sleeping later in the mornings and the angle of the sun when I am here taking with my daughter on Skype. Have to pull  the shade down because the sun hits the monitor and blinds me.

RAMMEL  like you all my family live on hills and this storm Ida made me happy that all were safe from flooding.  Maybe it is time for Noah and his Arc to get ready again.

JENNY  are y ou using both hands to type? I was told not  to for 4 weeks as my shoulder healed. I learned to use my left hand with the mouse and even did things in PSP all with left hand. Think I did better on some things than with my right one. Maybe I  took my time and concentrated better?

JANE  the blizzard we had in 1978 started on Monday, anowed 2 days. We all made it home from work OK. We lived at the end of a dead end street and it was not till Friday that a fron end loader came down our street to open it up. Glad we had a good wood stove and a supply of chopped wood. We warmed up with that and had a Coleman camp stove to cook on.

AMY  always something to get done in a home. Yvette does what she can and I do, too, but then I cannot do much anymore.  That drives me crazy. I like a clean home with no dust to write my name in but cannort even dust  anymore, never mind doing the floors or standing at the stove.

Have a good day everyone and hope where you are is is a beautiful Labor Day with sunshine. Stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well I just got up at 7:30 and I had 8.5 hours of sleep according to the tattle tail. It is 62º and sunny, Not a cloud in sight. I best go get morning feed, will be cold cereal this Morning. Hope you all have a great day just as you like it.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's a beautiful day here.  The sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky!  If anyone is having picnics around here, they got lucky!

Cooper has arrived, he had his breakfast and a walk and now he's out in the yard barking at whatever it is that dogs see to bark and and we can't see.

I made spaghetti sauce yesterday with the last of the tomatoes that were in my fridge and some meatballs out of the freezer.  Today, I'm going to can it and mark it "special" because it is.  While it cooks, I'm going to deal with the September bills and records.  And that's my day for today.  Not much but stuff that needs doing. 

I hope you all have a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.

phyllis

I'm here a little later than I hoped to be but finally made it.  I've been caught up with trying to straighten out some computer settings that are giving me fits and some things I've fixed and some things I've just made worse.  I really ought to just leave it alone.  I know just enough about computers to make me dangerous when I go messing with changing settings.   :tickedoff:

Beautiful morning here but the temperature is going back up along with the humidity so summer isn't through with us yet.

Laundry day today so I must get going or lunch time will be here and my schedule will be way out of whack.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

I'm here on this Labor Day 2021, don't feel like laboring so think I'll curl up & sleep until someone wakes me up. Fed cats & me, so far a cool morning but temps to keep going up this week.

Been here since 1988 and this is the first time I've had to battle yellow algae in the pool. I know it's been an unusual weather year but I don't need the extra duty this year!. So much for my crying.

And, so much for extra sleep, phone calls & puttering kept me awake this long so will have to stay up & work on this house.  :'( 

patricia19

Good morning from a chill 40° Interior but sunny. We're only heading for a high of 62°, and our vegetation and trees are losing colors, looking drab and fading to yellow so far.

I have been through an earthquake that took me off my feet, a flood that did its best to drown our city, and a one hundred mile an hour wind that threatened to snatch me off of an open area of an eight-story building. I saved myself by wrapping both arms fully around a low railing and inching my way back to a more sheltered place. I hope that is the last on my list!

Today, I start moving everything in both rooms, bedroom and living room, six feet away from the windows. I wonder about those bedridden or in wheelchairs, who helps those?

Not everyone has a CNA, altho some have guardians. Then there is that seven-studio stretch across from the administrative offices. Those are people who may have diminished capacities but can live independently.

Shirley, any person entering our apartments must be accompanied by a maintenance or security personnel. A note is left behind detailing entry times and exits, along with the names of the group and the name of the ones accompanying the group.

Last week and weekend I've felt very drained and not feeling up to doing much. Being forced to clean and do all this moving will be good for me or it may make me even lazier...

patricia19

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig, author and philosopher (6 Sep 1928-2017)