Random Image

halloweenie2

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:14:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for September 15 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, September 15, 2021, 03:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

Lonely Boy
(Paul Anka/Joe Dowell)

I'm just a lonely boy, lonely and blue
I'm all alone with nothin' to do
I've got everything you could think of
But all I want is someone to love

Someone, yes, someone to love, someone to kiss
Someone to hold at a moment like this
I'd like to hear somebody say
"I'll give you my love each night and day"

I'm all alone with nothin' to do
I've got everything you could think of
But all I want is someone to love

Somebody, somebody, somebody, please send her to me
I'll make her happy, just wait and see
I've prayed so hard to the heavens above
That I might find someone to love

I'm all alone with nothin' to do ....

so_P_bubble

Macho man

I am going to the dentist,
it sure gives me the shakes.
Guess I'm just a wimpy guy,
Ain't got what it takes.
I've tried to be a macho man,
to take it in my stride.
Heart is pounding knees are knocking,
it's something I can't hide.
Then there's a little four year old,
chirpy as can be,
Wonder of I bribe him,
if he will swap with me.
I climbed into the dentist chair,
just hate what I am facing.
I bet that he can see my beating heart,
and how fast the thing is racing.
The dentist says "you will be fine,
just you wait and see".
I though yes !, it is all right for you,
for it's you that's doing it to me.
When he had done then I calmed down,
thought, what was all the fuss about.
Once again I was a macho man,
that is when I was going out.

Richard
11 Jan 04

so_P_bubble

Fame often makes a writer vain, but seldom makes him proud.
--W. H Auden English-US poet, dramatist, editor

so_P_bubble

Words are chameleons, which reflect the colour of their environment.
-Learned Hand, jurist (1872-1961)

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone, well we have 82º At 5:32 AM so It Is set to be a hot one today.  so_P_bubble thanks for the nice new page I hope you and everyone that follows have a great day.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  And a special Good Morning to you, Bubble and a thank you for cleaning up after us and giving us a nice, new place to gather.  I enjoyed everything...the pictures, the poetry, the "music", the sayings...

Good Morning to you, too, LLOYD!  It's supposed to be hot and rainy here this afternoon.  But I'm thinking it won't matter much to me anyway.  I'll probably be sleeping and working my way out of the anesthesia!

So far, it's only up to 70º and it's not supposed to start raining until around 2 p.m.

Isn't it funny!  When you're not allowed to eat anything that's when you want it the most.  If this were a normal day, I'd have punched the button on the coffee pot and forgotten about it.  And I wouldn't even be thinking of food!  Now, it's all I can think of!

I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Gloria

Good morning everyone. I am up and here but think I will have a nap soon. I should have left the ac running last night. The humidity started going up during the night and on local weat her the guesser said it would feel like mid summer today. It's mid September and we should be having lower humidity and cool refreshing air now.

AMY  if I got  a phone call asking how I voted I just might lose my temper and my Indian warpath might take over and I would  tell  them where to go after I asked how they voted.

PATRICIA  CNA's can no longer drive clients anywhere. If someome else used their car to take me out she could go along.  They are not allowed  to be in our homes alone either. If we go out the door they have to go with us. Been a long time since I had a homemaker. Only succotash I had was corn and lima beans but family did not care for it only I did so stopped getting it.

JANE  you had the same succotash I used to like.

LLOYD  already too warm here.

BUBBLE  great  graphics, love the meaning in the top one about reading. Wonder if that  is why I like to read. Thank you.

Have a good day and s tay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning..

We did have a storm last night but no tornado  thank goodness. Lots of rain rumbling thunder and lightening.
Thank you Jane, gave Babe the Rescue and she was fine! Did lose power but not for long.

Will finish off what I have put off , picked up plastic bins that when I clean (notice I said when no when) the food can go into them each will have a bin.

Jane,thinking about you today and prayers that all goes well.

Gloria, it was for the party I was voting for or yes they would have gotten a taste of mine. The robo calls just get hung up on.

Bubble, thank you for the lovely start page. I can relate going to the dentist as I would rather do a hard days work that go there.

Need to scoot.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. this compute cant make up it's mined and I seam to be Brain dead. I have a  video on my computer, title is ( on my father's side.) and I can't reamer hoe to post It here in S & F. see you again later.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Amy

Good morning Lloyd, hope you have a great day. You can email me the video and I will see if I can post it.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble..." Macho Man " gave me a giggle, yes, cant some men be such wimps, at the sound and sight of the drill...could you imagine if they had to give " birth "
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

Just a note to let you know: in an hour time I will turn the computer off and will be unavailable for the next 30 or so hours. I'll be fasting for our Yom Kippur.  So if I don't answer you'll know why, it is not ignoring you :)

Shirley

"Have an easy fast", Bubble, I've Googled and this seems to be the proper greeting. It warms my heart to have a friend that loves and respects God. Thank you for taking care of us.

Amy

Jimmy Dean

Amy

Jimmy Dean

Cottoncandy

patricia19

Good morning from the Interior, nothing new here, sunny cool day, a bit more color in the bushes and trees, and a bit more pronounced early morning frost on the roofs. A few household chores to see if I can get out of and a few calls to make and give away my money. In short, just another day.

Bubble thanks for the new start and I wish you a tzom kal and may you have a g'mar chatima tovah.

Amy

Jenny, how is the shoulder coming along?
Jimmy Dean

Denver

GOOD MORNING, EVERYFRIEND
A cool morning with a bit of a nip in the air🍂🍁

JANE, thinking about you and praying for a easy surgery.  Hope you are at home and doing well🙏

It has been a busy week.  Monday I went to my surgeons office.  They took X-rays and my new shoulder looks good to them‼️  They removed all of the bandages and liked how my wound looks. We discussed my left hip pain more and they want me to go see the surgeon that did my hip replacement back in 2011. As far as they can tell from the X-ray taken in March, the prosthetic looks good, but they see a lot of degeneration in my lower back and fear that is what causing the hip pain😩😩 I will see hip man next week and find out what he thinks.

We became the new owners of a beautiful sectional sofa yesterday afternoon. I love it, but Bob thinks it is just too big for our area😩😩

My PT had to cancel this morning.  I will see her Friday.  I will miss her not gently moving my arm as it feels so good. 

GLORIA, I think I am limited on my ability to move my arm right away due to a couple of extra things they did during surgery, as I was told early on before the surgery that I would be able to move it right away.  I am sorry yours Yvette will not be back this week😩😩

AMY my shoulder is doing GREAT!  I could totally be able to use my good arm to eat any and all of the goodies you are fixing😘😘

JACKIE, belated "BIRTH" day wishes to you.  I do wish your daughter cared about the mama who gave her birth 52 years ago😩💔

I thank you BUBBLE for our nice fresh gathering spot and the goodies you shared. Happy Yom Kippur💐

I enjoyed all the bird talk and canning discussions....thank you EVERYFRIEND for sharing your stories.  I love them‼️

Enjoy your day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny... yes it brings it on home just how the years fly...52 years and i remember the birth just like it was yesterday, well almost...

Degeneration is a word we do not want to be hearing, being on that downward slide...at least not a too long wait before you find out, and something can be done....

phyllis

I hope your fasting is going well, Bubble.  I never found fasting to be easy.   ::)  But, I think it is different when it is done for your Faith.

Best wishes for a smooth recovery, Jane.

Thank you to the ONE person who apparently liked my graphic.  And thank you, Bubble, for posting it.  It's nice to see them again and be reminded of the fun times we had when the PSP group was active.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Vanilla-Jackie

Phyllis..I miss the PSP group too, i was one who was a part of it, sad day when it slowly abandoned one by one...

I spy somebody waving above me..

Amy

Evening is cooling down..a week tomorrow is FALL!! Do you remember that short time ago we were wishing for Spring or Summer??
Going to put my feet up and enjoy (maybe) some tv..
Jimmy Dean

patricia19

Than there're those of us who are 39 days into fall.

RAMMEL

It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK