Random Image

Norm's

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:36:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for September 15 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, September 15, 2021, 03:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAMMEL

Amazing how animals that seem to chomp and swallow can then just reject an item.  The cat we had did not like peas. When given a dish of food that looked somewhat like stew he would down it all but when he was finished there would be a couple of peas on the dish --- with no damage to  them.  Amazing little creatures.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Lloyd Hammond

Good afternoon. well do not but one in here seine i was here early this morning. Have a good evening see you all tomorrow. I have a early appointment at VA at 8 AM. so it will be Latter in the day.

Lloyd

Tomereader1

Amy, I think the funniest thing I ever saw our dog do, was actually "spit" a pill out that I had hidden in a lump of dog food.  Up until then, I didn't know dogs could actually spit!

JaneS

Oh yes, Tomereader, they can spit!  I watched them look for pills and actually spit them out.  At first I tried mixing it in their meal food and they ate everything on the plate and licked it clean...with the pill still lying there in plain sight!  And the way they gobbled up their food, I wouldn't think they could find a little pill and eat around it.

I sort of took today off!  It was a beautiful day and I was outside for a lot of it.  Didn't need a jacket, just my sunglasses.

LLOYD, I saw you this morning but you didn't see me so I thought you might not see my answer to you! 

I'm hitting the haystack early tonight!  My eyes have already entered slam shut mode! And they're also itchy so I'm going to close them and let them rest.  I never did get my nap today!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Jane S-Tomereader...oh yes, the getting of our dogs in taking a pill...I could tell you a few stories of trying to hide it inside food, believe you me, you cant fool a dog, they are one step ahead of you all the time, and if they tell you it is not going to go down their throat, they mean it, and they will do everything in their power to make sure that it doesn't...they know all the tricks we use..
" There is no present like the time "

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well I had 7.5 hours of good sleep. Laving soon for appointment with doctor at VA. Hope we have a good visit. Have a good day. see you all Later.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning..
A rainy day here, started in the night.  A day of odd jobs to be done in the house  after we get back home. need to take the bushel basket back to the farm then stop at a store for a bbq lighter. We usually buy matches but they are not the same as they used to be. One with the white tip are scarce to find.

Rammel, both these dogs like vegetables no problem but one tiny pill is soon spit out by the Border Collie x Australian Shepherd.  I think I have found the way to give her the pill, in a piece of bread with a lot of peanut butter...will see how long that lasts .

Tome, dogs are so smart when it comes to meds. if I get out the ear med both will disappear into the bedroom on me. Little do they know I prefer them up on the bed to put the solution in their ears as apposed to bending/getting down on the floor.

Lloyd, hope all goes well at the VA hospital for you today.

Jane, going back to the farm stand this morning ,hope I can come home with nothing to do.. ;D

Gloria, I am strongly thinking of getting the chocolate cheesecake, never had one of those and it looked so good!!

Jenny, patience is part of healing and when you can go for your water therapy your shoulder will be in better shape to do what is needed. All too soon we find out we have more patience for others than we do ourselves.

Better get a hitch in my get a long and get ready to meet the day.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  So far that's LLOYD and AMY but I'm including anyone else who shows up!

I'm up but I'm not attem yet!  When I take a day off, sometimes it spills over into the next morning!  The freezer inventory is still in my plans for today.  The kitchen one is the only "for sure" one but depending on how that goes and how lazy it makes me, I might do the one in the storeroom. 

Cooper has arrived, had his breakfast, shared mine and now he's telling me it's time to go out.  So I guess getting dressed and ready for a walk is next on my agenda.  And all that stuff is probably boring you all to death.

AMY, get enough chocolate cheese cake to put some in the Hidey Hole.  I'd like to have a piece too.

Now I'm off to start my day.  Should I put an egg in my shoe and beat it?  I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, just eard on local wea ther that we will have rain tody and tomorrow. When I pulled  up  the shades i t is sunny and a blue sky. I don' t  know where the weather guessers get their information from but it sure  is not looking out their windows and look outside. Only 51 now and feels like I sure could use some heat in here. Grabbed my warmer robe this morning and it feels good.

AMY  I never shortened sleeves but I remember turning shirt collors. I wonder if they still wear out and the underside is like new. I had a niece with a dog like tha untill she s tarted getting the imported ham at the deli and wrapped a pill in it. Fussy dog, only wanted t he more expensive lunch meat.

JENNY  wonder if I could do stairs only 5 inches high. I might be able to lift these old legs that high. I would love to see the house my daughter and SIL are living in now in Arizona but my traveling days are over. She does send me a lot  of pictures or take her iPad outside and show me around out there. Also seen the rooms inside that way, too.

JANE  the neighbors who really helped me get started canning took me to Providence and the Salvation Army store. They had a load of jars all sizes for 2 cents each.

RAMMEL  never had a cat that did that but we had one who loved to eat corn on the cob. He would hold it down wit h one paw and eat all the corn off the cob as neat  as could be.

LLOYD  hope your VA visit this morning goes good for you.

Reading about dogs and pills made me remember my younger son, never could eat baked beans. When they were in the boy Scouts t hey had a weekend capnig trip in Conn. and on Sa turday night family's were invited  to a bean bake-they had ot her food, too. The scout mas terknew about the beans and whey they filled the plates for everyone he put  ONE bean on his plate and after the meal when they brought their plat es back to be cleaned and washed he had a laugh to see that 1 bean still on his plate.

AMY  as much as I love chocolate and cheesecake I  tried a piece of the chocola te cheese cake and did not care for it. Either it was not chocolately (if that is a word) or creamy enough but for me they did not go together.

JANE  I am here. I did not chat wit h Regina yesterday.  They finally have their solar panels hooked up- took almost a year for the batteries they ordered to get there. They bought a small freezer last week and yesterday they were going shopping after church and she planned on getting a lot of meat before the prices go higher and fill that freezer up. I knew it would take time for her to wrap the meat for the freeezer and told her not to rush to get on Skype. I sure miss her when we have a day not connecting.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Shirley

On a run again. Guy that was to clean gutters & cut out volunteer trees just called, supposed to be here "early am" and at 10:30 says he won't get here till 3:00 pm. *#~ and I could have slept a little longer. So tired today I am staggering.

Gloria, I remember my mother having to do that with Dad's shirt collars! She said it was his short neck (and we look like our heads were just glued to our shoulders, thanks, Dad). Wish these cats would eat corn on the cob or any kind of veggie. They want fresh meat & won't eat this stuff Sam & Walmart sell as hamburger now. I forgot to save them some of the roast before I cooked so have to go get an eye of round for them today. If it keeps going up they will become vegans! Opened a new can of salmon for them this morning & didn't get all the little round bones mashed so have a dish with about 6-8 bones cleaned off slick as a whistle.

Oh, Amy, I found the wooden matches at the Dollar Tree, little boxes & the big ones. I keep a stock of them for the all day candles for power out. We have a generator but not built in, only used it the 8 days without power years ago. Can turn on the one in the motorhome if needed las 7 years, got everything needed in there.

Better move or I'll fall asleep in this chair. Y'all behave today! 

Vanilla-Jackie

Jane S...I must be invisible to you in the morning...Quoting your: " Good Morning Everyfriend!  So far that's LLOYD and AMY "
 :(

I promise i will wear brighter colours so you can see me...

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Amy

Shirley, remember the matches that said strike anywhere? One could strike one on the butt of their jeans but no more. The ones we get now need to be stuck on the grit paper on the side of the box and it doesn't always work.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Vanilla-Jackie

Amy

Didn't go into the store this morning so Gloria and Jane you will have to be content with lemon pie in the hidey hole instead of cheesecake.. Neighbour gave me a new recipe to try out for supper and the pie will go great for dessert.
Jimmy Dean

RAMMEL

Quote from: Amy on September 27, 2021, 12:02:13 PMShirley, remember the matches that said strike anywhere? One could strike one on the butt of their jeans but no more.
We used to call them "Blue Tips".  Got them in a slide open box. I think I have some somewhere that my son kept for camping. We always got stories about being careful of storing them. That mice could grab one and run with it and it lighting on something and causing a fire.
As a kid we would cut the tips off and put then in a nut and screw in a bolt from both sides. Then toss it in the air and when it hit the ground on one end it would explode like a firecracker.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Amy

Rick, maybe that is why they discontinued the strike anywhere matches. We used to strike them on the cookstove lid opening but not anymore. 
Jimmy Dean

RAMMEL

Even when there was a pilot light for the stove top I think you still needed a match for the oven.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

patricia19

Good morning from the Interior, still below freezing, but the first snow is slowly melting, highs in the low forties too. I've nothing new or significant that needs doing around the house. Only those pesky little odds and ends that always seem to crop up and those papers need to be finished and sent out that I've been avoiding.

Shirley, you were right about the new balcony being slippery when wet. The snowmelt left standing water directly in the middle. I stood in the doorway and swept it out, and now the metal front is dirty. If I take any outdoor balcony photos this winter, they will be ones zoomed from the doorway!

I'm spending most of my free time taking walks around the world's major cities via YouTube. The best ones have only city noises with any commentary printed on the screen. I'm following different bloggers traveling in South America, Italy, and Europe too. I'm traveling the world from my couch and only paying via my internet connection.

We're not supposed to have candles or matches here. I have battery-operated candles and a small lighter in case of an emergency. Altho the lighter, unused, dates from 2013 so I should check it occasionally.

Amy

Found some strike anywhere matches but they must think I have money to burn!! Look at the price for a 7.00 box of 2 pkg!!

https://www.amazon.ca/Red-Bird-Strike-Anywhere-Matches/dp/B08245TG4D

Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Well, when we couldn't get firecrackers for the 4th of July during WWII, my youngest brother came up with one of Mom's "pincher" clothespins, turned one piece upside down & used the metal part as a trigger & it would shoot the match out the pincher part & light it. After dark it would shoot enough to arch in the air & stay lit until it burned out. My sister & I were relieved because other years our 2 youngest brothers would chase us around & toss "lady fingers" at us. My sister wouldn't put up with their teasing very long before yelling for Mother.

I do have a box of the bigger matches in the motorhome to light the oven, that's a real challenge to get down on the floor to see the pilot light, push in the knob up above my head & be low enough to see when it catches to stay on! I thought about taking some of the super long matches (like 8") used at Christmas time but a little over kill. I've never been handy with those clicker-strikers. For camping fires I always saved the birthday candles for fire starters, by the time a few of them burn down the wood caught on pretty good. I always strike the matches on the box so will check it out next time, to see if they light on anything else.

Haha, Patricia, I have some mace & pepper spray that far out of date & doubt if it would work, either!

Well, the yard guy was supposed to be here early but called at 10:30 to say it would be 3:00pm. I sure could have used those extra hours for sleep instead of getting up at 4-5 am again. A train comes thru about that time, a mile or so away but it crosses the river & the vibration carries over the sand & wakes the cats. They think it's time for breakfast so sit at the bedroom sliding door & stare in until I get up. I know if they are really hungry they'll go find their own breakfast & leave the icky part by the kitchen door for me to clean up. Won't be long it'll be too cold for them to stay out at night, but as long as I'm up & attum they don't go bird hunting!

JaneS

Sorry about missing you this morning, JACKIE!  I keep forgetting your morning is a lot earlier than mine.  Guess I thought you were a "last night" visitor.

I finished the inventory of the kitchen freezer and I won't need to buy much for a while.  I have one shelf free to use for candy making and in the meantime, Frankie can use it for her stuff when she comes by on her way from the store.

That's all I have to say except I better check for outdated stuff in my storage areas too.  Also, part of our fire wood at GS Camp was coated with was for easy starts.  It was lots easier to hold a long stick in your hand and then place in the middle of the cooking fire to help get it started.

Amy

Jane, you sound like two other people...nope sorry three that have little or no space for anything in freezers or shelves!! One girl I know went to the market on Sat and came home with 10 pie pumpkins.......now she has to either can or freeze them. Told her she has to can in chinks as pureed or mash won't work......for the dog to have on her food. I did come back from the farm market with zilch...other than two honey crisp apples that she gave me to try.
Jimmy Dean

Vanilla-Jackie

Jane S...me and Bubble seem to be the first morning visitors, we are posting not long before you and Lloyd arrives...

patricia19

I  tested my mini lighter, it lit right up, but perhaps I should look into those longer metal firestarter's. Add me to the group with no room in their freezers. It's 12:26 here, and I haven't eaten because nothing looks interesting. I can't even donate most of it either, as it was donated to me, and we're no longer allowed to donate here at this time.

I found out this morning that someone was trying to get around that by putting boxes of food in the elevator and sending it to the first floor from the fifth. Unfortunately, the person forgot about the cameras in public spaces. They received a warning violation (you're only allowed three before you're out). Worse, they returned the boxes. We received notices about it via the clips next to our doors.

Amy

Patricia, I had a pepper spray that was given to my friend when he was a postman...have no idea of how old it is and haven't tried to spray it.

Oh dear, intentions were good  but the person  didn't think out the process. No food was wasted in the try..

/color]
Jimmy Dean

patricia19

QuotePatricia, I had a pepper spray that was given to my friend when he was a postman...have no idea of how old it is and haven't tried to spray it.

Oh dear, intentions wee good but didn't think out the process. No food was wasted in the try..

??

Amy

Patricia, fixed the post for clarity.
In too much of a hurry and didn't proof read.
Jimmy Dean

patricia19

I don't think there's edible pepper in a chemical pepper spray. Those types of items are outlawed here for some reason. I went to a women's meeting some years back, and a state trooper told the women that knives and or guns may be used against you in a court of law. He suggested keys clenched between fingers or to carry a fork. He liked the piercing alarms.

He also said that both men and women take self-defense and are surprised and don't attempt any.

Interesting that Alaska has a high incidence of domestic violence, especially against indigenous women... coincidence?

JaneS

Well, I must be sleepier than I thought because I sure didn't understand much of that exchange between AMY and PATRICIA!  AMY said she changed something but her post was exactly quoted by PATRICIA and I read it twice and still don't get it.  I'm glad it wasn't directed at me.

I had a text from Suzi and she said that Bridget ate scrambled eggs and mashed potatoes.  Suzi said "not a lot but it stayed down".  I hope we are on the way! I think the prayers are working!

And I'm on the way to the haystack!  My eyes have already entered slam shut mode and my body is sayine "I'm tired. Lay me down."  So that's what I'm going to do!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!