Random Image

Low Water 2019

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:39:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for October 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, October 01, 2021, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Would you like the Phone Companies monitoring all your calls to make sure you are not scamming someone? 
I have nothing to hide and if it would stop scammers yes go for it! 
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Foggy here but not too cold...I think mid 60s heading for mid 70s.  Not so bad for this time of year.

Rammel, I agree with your "ramblings".  I think our bills would go up and I'm not in favor of higher bills but there must be something to do about all those calls.

Well, AMY, I've been living with your "No news is good news" and hoping it's right!  I still have not heard from the dr. about the scans.  However, there was a posting on the hospitals website that I read, didn't totally understand, passed on to my daughter.  She didn't totally understand it and passed it on to my son.  We all came to the same "guess".  They didn't find anything.  And they did make me an appointment for next Friday.  And my Dr. said once, that if there's bad news, she doesn't believe in making someone wait for it.  Soooooooo.....  I'm hangin' in there.

SHIRLEY, I hope your news is good and that he perceived healing and that's what he wants to tell you. 

LLOYD, keep on keeping on.  I'm sure you'll make good use of the work bench and your family will LOVE the chests.

I'm off to collect shoes that don't show a lot of signs of wear.  The high school is collecting them for a project and it's my chance to get rid of some that I've hardly worn and will never wear again.  And it will also help someone else!

I hope you all have a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

Rick, somewhere I heard that "key words" bring up monitoring of many conversations so when "your car warranty" comes up, track that caller & cut off any means of communication from that spot, no matter what & how many phone numbers involved. I have a few cousins left that have called (from all over the US) and would miss their calls if I didn't answer questionable ones. Some I know are robos & let those slide by but it is so irritating to stop whatever I'm doing, especially sleeping, to answer a robo. I still think pulling all communication from a country that allows robo calls, or states that don't make an effort to stop if call centers don't control, would perk up officials to take a stand! Should be a law in there somewhere .... okay, off the soapbox, Shirley

I changed my mind about getting tags today, would like to be here for that doctor's call. Need to be there early-early, which means out in rush hour traffic. Got to be in the right state of mind to handle that.  ;)

Jane, I have a bag with some of those shoes waiting to give away. Good luck with your news.

RAMMEL

QuoteRammel, I agree with your "ramblings".  I think our bills would go up and I'm not in favor of higher bills but there must be something to do about all those calls.
First it would have to be made illegal to make those calls.  Enter our Politicians. Then any action taken would have to be approved by the FCC and/or local authorities. There are certain things that can be done but most are on a local basis - as used in crime cases. There are so many things (Call Forwarding, for example) one can do with a phone that it becomes difficult to track "bad behavior".  At one point in my career I got involved in trying to nail down a kidnapper. While exciting work it is stressful and participants are always trying to think of ways to resolve,
There were other events I got involved with but we always had to be very careful not to violate the regulations - both legal and Company.
You would probably be surprised at what people do to "beat the system". Even big/famous Companies get carried away
We found one person that had a way of getting in to a closed for the day business and using their phone to make calls - for whoever they befriended.
Again --- ramble, ramble, ramble

It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

RAMMEL

Quote from: Shirley on October 08, 2021, 10:05:41 AMRick, somewhere I heard that "key words" bring up monitoring of many conversations so when "your car warranty" comes up, track that caller & cut off any means of communication from that spot, no matter what & how many phone numbers involved.
Great idea, ------ BUT.  How many valid car warranty calls might be made for buyers of new cars?  Do we put them out of business?  Or people who have bought car warranties and want to talk about a claim.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

patricia19

Good morning from an Interior that still has rain and more rain.

I learned this about scamming from an article years ago. They have this elaborate computerized system that rapidly spins through incalculable series of numbers. When they get a hit, it sends a robocall to that number, and the number goes into a memory bank. Those lists of numbers are  sold to waiting customers. They will use similar illegal systems to find weak computer passwords or blackmail public services, schools, and medical centers.

Those types of computerized systems are used not only for illegal means but also for legal means. You might get a legitimate call such as Rick mentioned or calls that are annoying but still legal, such as politicians, information surveys, insurance companies, organizations such as the Red Cross, AARP, or even neighborhood organizations.

Denver

A good Friday Morning HELLO! Today is SIX weeks from my surgery day......the day I can take off my sling😻😻  I have PT this afternoon and
I go to see my surgeon on Monday👍

I can not yet reveal my news, however I will have the OK to do it soon.  IF we did not have to worry about LURKERS
I would do it right now.....but we do! 

Our time with family was wonderful....of course the time flew by MUCH too quickly😩😘.

Our youngest son just called and he is coming over to help us get some things done, so I have to get dressed.

Have a good day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

Jenny,  Hooray for getting the sling off!  I'm guessing you're referring to - Ahem - "related" lurkers. ;) but I never forget that THE PUBLIC can ALL read these posts and only have to register if they want to join in.

Have enjoyed reading the responses to my question about "preparing" dinner (think I forgot to give that choice) and what to call various breads.

I know Jackie would say biscuits when she refers to our cookies and, probably, her scones are kind of like our biscuits.

Both sets of my grandparents came to Indian Territory before Oklahoma statehood - from Kansas and Nebraska.  My parents were 12 and 14.  So we didn't use a lot of the southern phrases common in our area.
Hubby was born and raised in Mississippi. I had to giggle when we had started steady dating (64 years ago) and he said he was "fixin' to carry his Mama back to work".  I think (hope) I was tactful enough not to mention my mental picture of him scooping her up and trotting down the street with her in his arms.

I can relate to the spam calls; fortunately, I can block most of them but agree they just use a different number.  Current annoyance is doctors' offices that are now using a Call Service - some of which are out of state Area Codes.  I realize appointment reminders are robo-calls but I think they should identify the particular office they're representing.

Weather gurus are having a fine time predicting possible severe weather for the next week.  I've done necessary errand this morning and am saving Domestic Duties for stay-at-home days...after watching my Oklahoma University Sooners beat Texas tomorrow.

Miss Emily brought Arby's for dinner last night.  Off to have left-overs for lunch.

Have an Enjoyable Day, Everyfriend.

Vanilla-Jackie

Callie...
...yes dunking a biscuit in our cups - mugs of teas....now as for scones, dont they come under a cake...( cream tea ) they do here in UK... I know our cream and jam scone comes jam first - clotted cream second when in Cornwall....When in neighbouring Devon, it is cream first - jam on top...Guess easier to just turn the scone upside down whichever county you are in..
" There is no present like the time "

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. It Is 60ยบ and cloudy here today. I was trying to fiend Milk goats for sale here In MO. got reports every where else, do  not know why cant fiend in MO. we surely have someone here in MO.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's a cloudy day in Central PA.  supposed to rain later but not till early evening then all day tomorrow.

I didn't stop in last night but then, almost no one did!  I had a bit of bad news yesterday.  The scans that were done this week, picked up some cells in my jaw.  That's the only place they showed and I have an appt with my dr and her associate on Tuesday to decide what must be done about them.  I didn't use that nasty word that begins with C because I dislike it with every fiber of my being.  I don't use the word "hate" very often but in connection with that C word, I do use it!  In the meantime, I've decided that God is with me and he hears our prayers.  I hope you all bend his ear and ask him to be with me!  I'm choosing not to discuss this with anyone except the drs. at this point and I'm just going to get on with my life. 

I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Amy

Jane, as always you are in my prayers..The most important thing is to not let worry over take everything. You have the BEST Dr. working for you. Rest when you can, don't push yourself. When your body is resting ,it is healing..no stress on your body. Take it one day at a time..let others around you help you.
Now having said all that to a special lady that can put most of us to shame working I hope you listened to some of it.  :smitten:
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Vanilla-Jackie

Jane S...you are not alone in using, or not using that C word...i too avoid it......Think positive, i know that you will - you do..

CallieOK

Janie, I can only echo what Amy and Jackie said.  :smitten:

patricia19

Jane, I agree with Amy, you are stronger than this C word!

Shirley

Jane, you know we're with you full time, prayers & thoughts. Much as I HATE the thought of "C", it isn't as tough as it used to be. My brother in law had the worst kind (MMelanoma) but with chemo lived 30 more years. (That will make us 116). You are full of love and that makes all the difference in the out come. One thing you can count on is that any time you do want to come in and scream or cry, we'll be here for you and won't tell your family you had a melt down, promise.

JaneS

Thank you EveryFRIEND!  I know I can count on you all for prayers and I promise to try NOT to have any meltdowns but it's nice to know there's a place for that, too.  I think I'll be glad when the meeting with the drs. on Tuesday is over and I know where I'm going from there. 

Today I went to a reunion of my long time Girl Scout friends.  We're lucky to have people over the years who have planned these gathering and we all share some old but timeless memories and it's fun to bring the back and share them again.  Some of the people who come to the reunions, I've known since I was in fifth grade when I started to go to Girl Scout Camp.  I love seeing them every year.  And some of them were beginners when I was a Senior Scout Counselor-in-Training.  But the memories are all there! 

I hope you are all having a good day.  I hope it continues to be a good one!  Keep on keeping on!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Night and sweet dreams, hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Vanilla-Jackie

Lloyd Hammond...that's all we can hope for...quoting your " hope to see you all tomorrow " pleasant dreams Lloyd..

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We were supposed to have rain all day today but that prediction has changed.  Now we're just looking at a cloudy day and a high temp of 68!  I can live with that!

This will be a shorty because I have to go get ready to go to church in a little while.  Breakfast first and then prep.  My granddaughter's husband is preaching at their church in Houston, TX this morning and I'll be home from church in time to visit their service on line.  I always knew that he picked a winner when he married her but now I pretty sure it was mutual.  I really like him and they make a great pair!

I hope you all have a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow! 

Amy

Good morning
Jane, we are to have rain here also!  Getting ready here for Thanksgiving on Monday but we will have ours today.I think. Meeting friends in a few min so need to boogie..
Enjoy your day and stay safe!
Jimmy Dean

Vanilla-Jackie

Jane S...good morning...we had a little sampling of rain this morning but no sign of it when i left for church...

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well I made it back to start another day. Itis starting off  69ยบ and clear.

Lloyd

Gloria

Hello everyone, my grandson just left and he got this lemon up and running again. When he finally go t my message he called me and I  told him what  happened. He said he thought  he could fix what happened. He worked his magic and here I am once again. I have no idea wha the did, his fingers jus t fly over the keyboard and different pages come up and go so fast before I could read anythinG. He brou ght his son with him and it  looks like he grew since I last saw him at Christmas. My son  told me he has been shy since school started t his year and boy I could see it. I asked him how he likes school this year and he said  the best part was going home. I asked him what he liked learning most  and he said Math. I told him his grandpa was very good with numbers, too. He gave me a big smile when I said  that. Tha t was  the hilight of this past  week.

I just cannot read all the posts but JANE I did scan yours for news. My prayers go with y ou to the doctor's next visit. With all of us here praying for you God will hear and think you best stay with us since so many love you.

A lot of email to catch up on and I can get on Skype againin another hour.
I sure missed everyone.

Be safe and be happy.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Gloria ,you were dearly missed. Happy that your grandson got you up and running again.
Son just called and granddaughter is off camping in a tent! Nice to be young. Her Thanksgiving meal will be turkey breast , ham and dressing on the BBQ.
Jimmy Dean

Denver

A good Sunday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND.

JANE, my thoughts and prayers continue for you more than ever.  I certainly hope the visit to the doctor will ease your stress some knowing that there are many options these days for your issue.  No one likes to hear the C word.....many of us do HATE it, and rightfully so.  Pleased to read you got to spend time with the Girl Scout Group.  Precious memories 🥰

We got to be with Dr. Dave and Family yesterday as well as youngest son and DIL.  It was wonderful to catch up with the kiddos as we have not seen them for three weeks as they have all been so busy.

I am enjoying my arm to be hanging so much!  It sure helps with my balance!  I see the surgeon tomorrow and hope all is well and I won't have to see him for 5 months! 

GLORIA, so good to have you back.  Thankfully your grandson helped to get your machine up and running again.  Glad you got to see your great-grand too.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 🦃 to you AMY, a day early.  Enjoy your meal today.

Hoping EVERYFRIEND is having a good day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Shirley

I'm here, thinking..... not much to report today. It was hot but cooled down so my brain thinks it is time for sleep. If I don't get back tonight, sweet dreams to all.

Gloria, glad you got that critter up & running. It has had more than 9 lives so far~~

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JaneS

I'm just getting in here to say "goodnight".  I've had unexpected company today.  I had barely got home from church when I heard the door and Cooper.  I thought it was Frankie coming in because she said she'd be over today.  It was my daughter, Christy from Maryland.  She said she just decided that she wanted to come up.  I suspect she wanted to see me because I've certainly got a lot of hugs today.  She's spending the night and taking off for Maryland first thing in the morning.  Frankie did join us later and we've talked non-stop all day.

JENNY, congrats on your healing process.  I bet it feels good to be able to have your arm free.  And thanks for the prayers on my behalf.

GLORIA, so good to see you here!  Isn't it nice to have a grandson who is willing and able to fix our stuff?  I think we are all lucky!

It's been a good day and I'm going to cherish it!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Shirley

Nice when the family rallies around, Jane. Your kids & grands all have big hearts.

Jenny, glad your arm is getting better... so when do you tell all?  How's your dad doing these days? I'm sure you wish you could spend time near him but life gets complicated with a spreading family, doesn't it?

Gloria, we were talking to a man at breakfast this morning (Andy, Pam & I), we all shared a love of Colorado but he ended up saying he'd rather live in AZ near the mountains than any other state. I thought of Regina & their place, I admire them for following their dream. So far I haven't found any one spot that feels like MY dream home. I do like the 4 seasons & if I was years younger would be happy living on the road, not have a permanent home to take care of or worry about.

Amy, does your gr-daughter tent camp in bear country?  I was uncomfortable with the boys using tents in CO because we did have bears come into the campgrounds & do some damage. How old is she?  Only one of my 7 grands loves camping (where did I go wrong?) Happy Thanksgiving, do you fix a turkey? I'm not planning on any "turkey day" celebration but told the kids when we have our gathering between Christmas & New Year, if they want I will do the turkey, turkey & noodles & gravy "one more time".

We've really had a downpour the last hour or so, radar shows more pumping in. Okay, Callie, you can turn the faucet off any time~~

Heading for bed, maybe one more snack?  Sweet dreams & like Lloyd says, "hope to see you tomorrow"........

Gloria

Good morning everyone, up and at'em this morning and it is still raining lightly. Rotten holiday week end. My son and DIL spent the past week in NH for a vacation. They will be coming home today. Yesterday my grandson said he his wife and son were going to head north to NH today.Hopefully it is not raining there. This is the time of year the foliage should be beautiful but from what I heard on the news the colors will be late this year because of the weather. I know the maples at the end of the parking lot are just starting to turn at the tops of 2 them. Those 2 are more open to the north and that is at the end of this building and the trees near this place act like a funnel for the colder air.

AMY  Happy Thanksgiving to you and Kyle and family. Thank you, nice to know I was missed. Odd we have never met in person but still feel like a family and miss each other when one is missing.

JENNY  thanks, it was great seeing my little one yesterday. I had not seen him since Easter.  My son had told me he has been shy since starting back  to school and I sure could see it yesterday. Sure feels good getting out of tha t sling. You were in it longer than I was.

SHIRLEY  when I think of how 3 weeks aft er getting this lemon it went back to the factory.

JANE  how wonderful your sist er came to surprise you. So nice to still have sisters around.I am t he last of my siblings and the oldest any one reached. My grandson always answers my SOS when he is ready. His job is compu ters and he will onlly work on his Dad's -my son Mike-and mine. It  might  take him  time to get here but he will. When I moved here  the computers in t he library worked so I could use one of them but now the ones who did use them cannot even play games on them.  The witch will not spend money to have anyone check them. Hugs and prayers continue for you.

SHIRLEY  I am a Yankee and cannot imagine living in any other area. When my daygher and SIL  took me to Arizona I did love every thing I saw but  don't think I would like living there-way too hot  for me. Like you I want the 4 seasons and that includes  the snows of winter.

Either I am here early t oday or everyone is sleeping in.

Be safe and happy and healthy.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast