Random Image

patchwork quilt

Owner:
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:13:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for October 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, October 01, 2021, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

I just had a call from Gloria and her computer froze up and "it ain't even winter".... she will check in when it is fixed or a new one. Have to make one crack, she sounds like a kid to talk to, not a 90 year old lady! So sorry we don't have bashes anymore but maybe we need to come up with an old bus to chase around the world to visit, you think?

Lloyd, my last name was Smith so with 7 Shirleys in my grade school classes, even the teachers called me "Smitty" and that's how I signed my name all through school. Ike Eisenhower's mother thought she had come up with a name that couldn't be turned into a nickname & look how that turned out!   :-\  ;D

patricia19

Good morning, rain here and 41 degrees this morning. We had eight inches logged in the foothills, more in the mountains, and mainly slush in the valley. We have rain expected to turn to snow in the afternoon. Ironically, the leaves began falling Monday. I do have one more errand today, and that should be it.

Lloyd, good morning! I turned seventy at the end of July, so I'm not that far behind you! I hope you take photos of all your winter projects and post them as you have before.

Jane, I hope you have a wonderful visit with Scoop! The only nickname I've had was Angelface from my father, which shortened to Angel. I used it for my avatar for years, even tho it was a misnomer.  ;)

Happy birthday, Phyllis and may it be a happy one!

Shirley, I wish I could donate so many items that are just taking up space. For example, I have multiple scarves and vests I used to wear at work and some older pots, pans, and crockpots. We are in month 19 of our total lockdown, and only essentials are open. I recently cut my hair using manicure scissors, and I must have earlier looked very moppish, as I had compliments. Our Delta surge made the news in the UK and even Switzerland!  :-\   :-[  :'(

There were two or three Patricias in every class throughout my school years.

Amy,
I have to go out one last time today, and then I will be in for most of the month, which will be wonderful.

Enjoy your trip, it sounds nice, and I hope you take time to enjoy it and that you take photos!

I hope Kyle has a very happy birthday and some treats!

I am so sorry to hear of Gloria's computer misfortune and know how she feels. I hope she's able to return soon!

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Trying to catch up - apologies if I miss commenting on someone's post.

Jackie, love the pictures of your bouquet.  How thoughtful of the church - and a real indication of how much you mean to them (IMO).

Jenny, Greeley is within easy driving distance (well - maybe not "easy" because of traffic) so I'm guessing both choices are a possibility. 

Amy,  Happy Birthday to Kyle and Congratulations on the Good News. 

Phyllis,  A Belated Happy Birthday to you.

Jane, Enjoy your special company.  Did I miss what kind of tests you're having?

Re: nicknames.  My husband's "crowd" had nicknames for each other but he asked me to call him by his regular name when we started seriously dating.  They also had a special Greeting that they continued using into middle/old age. All but one of that bunch are now deceased.  I wouldn't be surprised if, when his time comes, he's greeted at the Pearly Gates with a chorus of the deep-toned "WUH".

I know the roofing project is finally finished because the Porta-Pottys have been taken away.  :thumbup:  Still need to get my patio arbor replaced but have been told the shipment is delayed until later this month. That's okay; I'm enjoying the open space now that the sun is coming up behind the roofline.

Seems as if my days go by quickly but I'd have a hard time saying why. Dinner date with son tonight.  Miss Emily bringing dinner tomorrow night, which should be interesting.  :smitten:

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere a Happy "Hump Day" (it is Wednesday, isn't it?  :uglystupid2: )

Noticed the 2 posts added while I was typing.   
 Sorry about Gloria's computer. 

Patricia, your weather sounds like October in Leadville, CO. (Actually, I noticed quite a few other similarities when I "toured" Alaska).  The aspen color was pretty against the snow on the Continental Divide peaks but, of course, when the snow moved a bit lower, it knocked the leaves off.

Sandy

Good Morning everyone from the
cool and sunny rocky coast of Maine. 

My Fathers nick name for me was
"Butch"

(back in the 40's and "50's before it's
present day meaning ...

("a lesbian whose appearance and behavior are seen as traditionally masculine.") 

Funny,  huh??? 

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

Patricia, I've been cutting my own hair since 8th grade, more convenient & think how much I've saved all these years!  I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to a beauty shop & was never happy with what they did. I cut with a single edge (Schick) razor blade because the hair is thick & coarse & it gives it an angle cut so lays better. I can tell any place I use a scissor because it will stick out until I cut with the razor blade. Don't know what I will do when I can no longer reach around the back of my neck because everyone tells me beauticians will not use a razor blade these days. Maybe let it grow? You might want to drag out those vests & scarfs, think they are back in, at least around here.

Can't get anything started while waiting for the mowers to get here. I sure made a mistake, this guy's talk was "all talk" & none of his work has been up to par.

Hey, Callie, nice to see you. So far no real color showing in KS or MO, some trees look like half dead, just brown. In my neighborhood a sweet gum tree down the street is dropping leaves that look dry, ground nearly covered. My sweet gum is all green but for a very few that dropped. I took a sample for an autopsy one year when some were dropping like that & they said "sweet gum tend to put on too many leaves so will drop some if they don't get enough water". So I quit worrying.

And, Sandy, I remember when "gay" had a totally different meaning!  I knew a lot of guys nicknamed Butch... and Buddy.

Just had another robo call from Rachael with dealer services about my car warranty. Okay, if I didn't answer numbers I don't recognize I would not have gotten to talk to Gloria!!! Sure wish someone on OUR side was smart enough to do damage to robo callers~~

Vanilla-Jackie

Callie...this church is special to me, they are lovely people and nothing is too much trouble for them....thank you for responding...
" There is no present like the time "

RAMMEL

Quote from: Shirley on October 06, 2021, 12:04:46 PMJust had another robo call from Rachael with dealer services about my car warranty. Okay, if I didn't answer numbers I don't recognize I would not have gotten to talk to Gloria!!! Sure wish someone on OUR side was smart enough to do damage to robo callers~~
I get a call about my car Warranty every couple of Months. If I have nothing better to do I go along with the pitch for a while and at some point ask how old of a car will they Warranty. When I tell them I have a 99 Toyota they tend to hang up the phone on me  :idiot2:    :2funny:   I do have a 99 and it is still in FINE running condition. Just have a couple of road stone dings on the hood. Actually I never had more than the original Toyota Warranty.
My wife always got mad at me when I "played" with robo calls.
I also get calls from my grandson (of which I have none) on a fairly routine basis. I usually give this guy a promise that I'll be right there to bail him out, and then complain about doing it the week before. In time they conclude that I'm playing with them and they hang up.

It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Shirley

Haha, Rick, we had those calls to "Grandma" or "Grandad" & Cas loved to string them along. I do have a couple personal alarms for live or robo callers & hope someone gets a headache from the screeching. I can't believe we don't have someone smart enough to come up with a way to ruin their fun. Can't imagine anyone stupid enough to buy into any of their schemes but they must make money or enjoy torturing people. This old lady doesn't have much patience for being woke up from a nap!

I have been waiting all day to unlock & lock back the gates to the back yard. The mower is getting a paper today that I need to know if morning or afternoon from now on or those gates will not be unlocked at all for them. I can't just leave them open because we do have kids in the neighborhood and I won't take the chance of one trying to slip in and drown.   

JaneS

I'm having a great visit with my cousin and loving every minute of it!  But he's tired from traveling and I have to be up early so we decided that it's probably a good time to head for the haystack early.  He's in his room now and I'm heading for mine.  We shared a lot of memories tonight! 

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

Ah, Jane, just what I needed to read, that your day was a pleasure/success/happy.  Seems the world has been so crazy fighting the last few years, politics & Covid, we have trouble finding just the happy, peaceful joy of living. Sweet dreams to all, God Bless.  Love ya, Shirley

Lloyd Hammond

well It Is time to say good Night and sweet dreams for all. you were talking about spam calls, several years back we were getting calls wanting to sell you venial siding. and Like  RAMMEL I strung them along and acted Like I was very entrusted in and finely asked how it would look like on my brand new brick home, they hung up and never called again. have a good rest of the day.

Lloyd

Vanilla-Jackie

Jane S...that's what is all about, sharing family memories...

Vanilla-Jackie

Lloyd - Rick ( Rammel ) - Shirley...yes play these telephone fraudsters at their own game...try to sell THEM something while you are on the phone...( oh while we are on the phone, can i interest YOU in bla bla bla, i can get you a good deal.. ) they will soon hang up..

Amy

Good morning..

We had a full day yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the day. Colours out did themselves, from bright reds to orange ,yellows and rusts. We did see people out trying to capture the sights on canvas and cameras.  No moose ,deer or wolves to be seen but on our was a mama turkey and two of her clutch crossed the road in front of us leaving papa on the other side.
The phone started ringing as soon as we got in the door with birthday wishes and folks wondering where we had been all day. We don't usually go away for that length of time. All in all a perfect day! :thumbup:

Jane,let's hope that your cousin will make the trip again and stay a while.

Shirley, my son has a remedy for those the one with your grandson is needing money  my son will retort back......how can you be so cruel...we just buried him/her yesterday and they soon hang up . Either that or ..answers the phone ,listens then says  one minute. Speaks into the air and tells ?? ok you can cover the body up now... back to the scammer he will ask how did you know the victim. I need your phone and address ......and for some reason the scammer hangs up.  :2funny:

Sorry to hear of Gloria's computer.....we will really miss her . Hope her grandson can either fix or get her a new one.

Lloyd, I tell scammers that want to sell me a security system that I already have 3. When they ask me what kind I say 2 vicious (hahaha ) dogs and a husband that at one time taught judo.

Enjoy ,need to get done what didn't get done yesterday and todays chores.

Enjoy your day..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. It Is around 6Min after eight CTS time, I just got up Nancy is out doing her Dailey walk, she usually walks down to the mail box and back, It is a short 1/4 Mile. then she complains about how tired she is. I can get tired enough Just thinking about what to do and take a nap mid morning, HA HA. it Is here this morning overcast, we had a nice rain yesterday. I am going to go take a shower, hope that Makes me feel Like going up to shop and working on making a new work beinch and Nancy and grand daughter cider chest's. see you all later.

Lloyd

phyllis

Thank you to all of you, my friends, for remembering me on my birthday.  It made me feel good to have so many good wishes.  I can't believe I have made it to 92 and still managing to get along fairly well.  I'm blessed.

I had forgotten that Kyle and I share a birthday, Amy, and neglected to wish him a wonderful day.  Best belated Happy Birthday to him.  I'm glad he had a good day with his best friend and life companion (and very caring wife.)

Cloudy, warm, and VERY humid here.  Still feels like summer even though we are well into October.  Mother Nature will not let the hot weather go!  David has to go pick up the grocery order later this morning and I hope he won't get caught in any passing showers.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  And before I forget (again) please, ANY, wish KYLE belated Happy Birthday wishes from me.  I know I didn't do that!

I'm back from the two scans and now we wait for a call from the Dr.  The said, "any time in the next 24 hours".  And I don't even have Cooper today to take my mind off thinking. 

SCOOP is on his way...he made his own coffee and he's an excellent bed maker.  I hope he'll be back sometime but he lives in Sacramento, CA and he's 80 so I'm not really planning on seeing him again.  We shared some good memories and a made a couple new ones.

PHYLLIS, I hope I'm as chipper as you are when/if I reach 92! Keep on keeping on!

I'm going to go find something to do that will occupy my mind.  Maybe it's a good day to see to paying the bills.  That'll sure as heck occupy my mind!  Enjoy your day, Everyfriend!

patricia19

Good morning from an Interior where it is once again raining.

Jane, I'm glad you had a warm memory-filled visit with Scoop! And I'm hoping your scans went well!

Phyllis, 92, you are blessed.

Lloyd, I hope you have a good day today with Nancy!

Amy, I hope you and Kyle enjoyed your day out on his birthday! We don't have wild turkeys here unless you count the larger ones.

I'm going back to town again to return something, the second time in as many days! :(

I rarely had to deal with Robo/spam telephone calls as I was usually working odd schedules or on my way to and fro with two bus rides on either end. When I was home, I let my answering machine pick up, and I either interrupted the message or called back.

The only time I played back a scam was years ago at a psychic's performance. At one point, she had asked those who needed to hear from a loved one to let one of the ushers know. However, since communicating with the dearly departed was very exhausting, she couldn't help everyone. However, they could make a later private appointment. I stood and was chosen. I asked, in a shaky voice, how my brother was doing; he had left us so suddenly, you see.

The psychic received enough clues from the usher's passing along the question to her. She replied that he was doing well, wrapped in the arms of his heavenly father but took time to watch over me and intercede for me. She said more but I don't remember the rest. My friends and I were visibly shaken. Along the way home, one of my friends said she didn't know I had a brother. She doesn't, the others replied; I was bad back then.

It's hard to believe that was forty or more years ago when I did that!

JaneS

I got one of those Robocalls that started out, "Granny, this is your grandson...."   I asked which one and he said, "Don't you recognize my voice?"  I said I didn't and he proceeded to ask questions which I answered with an I don't recall.  Finally, I asked him if his mother knew he was on the phone and he proceeded with that story that he needed money to get back home.  I asked him how he got where he was and he said he drove.  I said, "how did you see out the window to drive?  You're only 6 years old!  He hung up on me!

Amy

Phyllis, thank you for your kind words. I agree with Patricia, you are a blessing also!

Patricia, I love giving back to the folks that think they can scam a person...have to have some entertainment now don't we?

Jane, I do believe your phone is going to ring any minute now!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

RAMMEL

I wonder if it is the same "Grandson" on all these grandson calls. The chatter sounds so similar. Could have been a written procedure from the originator of the scam. But it is fun to string him along for a while. I wonder if there are any stats on the success rate of these things. Maybe some Google research tonight.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Shirley

I just had a d**n call that I answered because it didn't show a name but our area code & I've been expecting a call from my doctor, he sometimes uses his own phone instead of the office. I went in this morning for a check up about the rib & sore lung under it... X-ray of both body parts & a call back later. He is a long time friend/doctor & knows all my fears about not wanting to have to go into the hospital because of the cats. He was Cas' doctor before mine. My oxygen is low, BP high, short winded & fastest heart beat in town, got good reasons for all the above but also they are side effects of people that had Covid. All that & it is peak hayfever season so this old body is throwing a fit.

I was talking to a friend when the robo came in so we hung up in hopes it was the doctor. I can't believe this country doesn't have someone with enough smarts to stop those doing the calls or fine them so much they wouldn't dare, block all calls from the country they come from?  Wonder if politicians are getting kick backs to NOT go after them, you think?  ;) Maybe if phone companies had to pay a fine for letting them get thru they would find a way to stop them.  I tried what Cox had to offer once but they screwed up & allowed the robo calls to come in and my family blocked OUT. Finally had them remove the service and I switched to AT&T. Still plenty of robo calls and I still answer a lot of them but can block a lot but the calls get through on a different number, same recording. I don't often get a live caller anymore. And that, ladies & gents, is how the cookie crumbles........

patricia19

I  have Malwarebytes on my cell and their VPN, so I never get scams on my cell as I did with the old style phone system. Before cell phones, I automatically left calls to go to the answering machine.

People quickly learned to tell me to pick up or call them back. I hated wasting time with nuisance calls. I would generally either blow an old fashion whistle directly into the receiver or hang up. Then I got smart and purchased the answering machine!

JaneS

I haven't had a call from the dr about the scans yet so I'm heading for the haystack and hoping for a call tomorrow morning.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Night and sweet dreams. I still  think the best is figuer how to lead them in then give them like I did with the how would that look on my new brick house. But what hurts to us was what was a good friend set us up and scam us out of our place,( still in court and costing lot of $$$$$$.

Lloyd

Vanilla-Jackie

Lloyd Hammond...shame a good friend ruined what was once a good friendship...all over money...

Amy

Good morning..

Foggy out there this morning. Today I  take the van in for an oil change and I think a caliper replacement.  There is a squeal in one rear wheel. Could be a stone but I think it is a caliper. :(  Neighbour is bringing me home then will take me back to town when they need to go in.

Jane, no news is good news but the worry is still there. Today may be the day to get a call from them.

Lloyd, Kyle is making little houses/a village. There
 are chalets/ bake shop, quilt shop, Santa's house, a round house, hospital and a chocolate store :thumbup:

Shirley, I like the idea of phone companies paying a fine for letting the scammer/robo calls get through. The scammers are using our line that we pay for. Even my cell phone gets these calls and I sure didn't give out my number!

Better get a move on..

Enjoy your day ,stay safe..
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. AMY I am with you on the scammers , the phone co must have ben the source of sale I sure never called them and we get them on our cell phones also. the good news is we have 60º and clear, I still have a normal head ace but not throbbing like normal. Nicole came over and cut my hair so maybe not so much weight did the trick. Have a good day. I am going to the shop and work in a little while, see how much I can get done on the new work bench and the cedar chest's. see you all Later.

Lloyd

Shirley

Hey, Amy, where's the cheese shop?  I think he needs a pet store as well.... Won't that be fun setting up for Christmas? 

Jane, I haven't had a call back from my doctor, either, and kinda making me nervous... I know this has got to be more than a cracked rib.

Got to hurry & fix me an egg sandwich, dress and get to the "Tag Office" to pay the tax & tags for the coming year. Have to be there early or sit in line for hours. A lot of other people don't get them on line or by mail, either, I'm not that good with my phone to try.

Lloyd, it's cool right now 66 degrees & going up to 90 today, even hotter tomorrow & then down a little.  I am ready for fall & winter, but bet I'll be whining if we get the cold & snow for this area that The Old Farmers's Almanac is predicting.

Wishing all a wonderful day.

RAMMEL

Quote from: Amy on October 08, 2021, 07:01:45 AMShirley, I like the idea of phone companies paying a fine for letting the scammer/robo calls get through. The scammers are using our line that we pay for. Even my cell phone gets these calls and I sure didn't give out my number!

Would you like the Phone Companies monitoring all your calls to make sure you are not scamming someone?  It would also take a lot of people to do that monitoring and would likely cause an increase in the cost of phone service.  On the other hand, if a Ford cuts you off on the road and you crash, should Ford be responsible for and damage?  I would say it is pretty much imposible for a service provider to know how a user is going to use their product. A couple of years ago a prominent politician was going to take care of that problem   - but. One thing I do think the phone companies could do is prevent Caller ID scamming (Entering a false caller ID ) But I believe it might require FCC involvement and definitely a big expense to modify every tel entity.
ramble, ramble, ramble.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK