Random Image

keani hugs

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:50:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for November 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, November 01, 2021, 01:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAMMEL

Quote from: Carol on November 13, 2021, 08:51:48 PMHere, I am about to call the sheriff over repeating road rage youngsters but we don't want to be identified.
Maybe someone else will beat you to it.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Amy

Good morning..

Pulled all the carrots and parsnips yesterday,not many brussel sprouts left but the remaining will be brought in
 maybe today. Going to be a lazy day  here I hope. Start another quilt and just enjoy the day.

Carol, nice to see you in here. I used to love driving,days I could drive for miles but anymore it is a chore. People passing ,cutting you off, not stopping for stop signs. Seems they are in a hurry to meet their maker. I usually to 6 miles above speed so I don't dawdle.

Patricia, we are 32° at the moment. This is unusual for us and will soon change. How is Farrah?

Better get ready to meet the day.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning every one. Had a bit of a scare here yesterday late afternoon.  I was on Skype with my daughter and she heard it and I even heard it on my life line. A tornado warning, fierce thunderstorm and heavy rain. Well it did start pouring and I could hear thunder. Of course I shut the PC and the
TV off. We have had worse thunderstorms without all the scaring on everything about a tornado warning. Was surprised to hear the warning on the lifeline.

PHYLLIS  Last week I did text my grandson by speaking into the iPhone, it went through and he answered me. Typing in the text thing is not for me. You will feel so much better when you get home again.

AMY  do you make your date squares with oatmeal? I have my MIL's recipe and the top and bottom is made with the quick cooking oatmeal. Used to be a pain having to cut  the dates but now buy the chopped dates so goes faster.

SHIRLEY  after the fog cleared away yesterday morning it turned out to be a beautiful warm day. This morning there is a frost again.

AMY  I don't like raisins at all and will pick then out of everything  eat if they are in. I have a recipe for tarts made in piecrust and calls for raisins. I used to make them for special occasions but used cut up dates instead of the raisins.

CAROL  nice seeing you here again. Thought you deserted us. I  remember one Christmas day when it was so warm the kids were outside with sweatshirts on and no jackets They were riding their bikes instead of sleds or ice skates. Sure did not feel normal.

I have been awake since 3 this morning so think I will go have a nap. If I don't get some sleep now I will be ready for bed around 7 later and that is way to early.

Have a good day everyone and be safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

:pineapple:  :pineapple:  :clap: I can break dance!! Went out to put  apple peelings in the compost, hit the back deck and my feet started to dance! ICY!! Had more moves than Quaker's got oats. Just glad I didn't kiss the deck and too early for anyone to see. I hope!!

Gloria, yes I do use oatmeal..Kyle is not a fan of date square but I will use blueberry or cherry pie filling instead.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

FlaJean

Amy, your post reminded me of several Amish books I read recently about the women having "quilting bees" to raise money to help neighbors in need.  My sister used to make baby quilts but they were machine sewed.

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

Gloria, I'll bet you were surprised at the tornado warning! Isn't that unusual for your part of the country?

Amy,   I think you had a "didn't-break dance"!  :winkie:
My dil (mother of The Grands) makes tee-shirt quilts. She uses tee-shirts from collections of school/activities that various family members have collected,  trims and appliques them on the front, then uses "themed" fabric for the backing.  She's begun doing them "for pay" now that she's finished with the ones for family.

Amy

Jean, these quilt tops that are done will go into the group I am with and someone with a longarm machine will finish them up. From there they will go to cancer patients to use. We also send quilts to camp for kids with cancer.

Callie, I never knew my feet could move that fast but yes thankfully there was NO break from the dance. The quilts your DIL makes are difficult to do as she is working with stretchy material from the tee shirts. Some will use  stabilizer in back but I think your DIL has the best idea on appliqueing them on. What a wonderful keepsake she is making for others.
Jimmy Dean

so_P_bubble