Random Image

fee

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for November 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, November 01, 2021, 01:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patricia19

Good morning from an Interior at 27 degrees. We had a bit of snow yesterday, and it barely covered the ground. However, starting Sunday, the seventh, we're told to expect multiple days of snow or ice or both!

Today will be busy; between 8 AM and 9:30, they will be by door to door with our Covid booster. Those who declined the booster have the option today to substitute the flu shot. Then the fire personnel, along with a member of maintenance, will check each apartment's alarms and sprinkler system. They will replace each apartment's fire extinguisher as well.

After that, I will be meeting with Claire and Dora for lunch and grocery shopping. It's going to be a full day, folks!

Gloria, the answering service, is in a town four hundred miles from here and does work orders for the entire state's maintenance workforce. They then alert the local workers and assign the job to someone. Everything is digital nowadays, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. For example, you're locked out of your apartment, you call the answering service and will wait at least twenty minutes to a half-hour before someone comes to let you in!

Jane, I'll bet Cooper looked cute in his coat. I've never seen any dogs locally in a coat. However, I've seen many dogs and cats in backpacks as well as those animal strollers!

Amy

Looked out the window and huge fluffy snow flakes we slowly making it to the ground!

Listening to the hiss of the pressure cooker now, one batch in and another ready to go in. Jane, I cheated this year on peeling potatoes. I sat at the kitchen sink 30 lbs of potatoes looking at me, knife in hand and thought there has to be an easier way. APPLE PEELER!!! Clamped it to the table and those peels were flying ,you do have to do a bit of knife work but for the most part it works!!

Patricia, you sure have a busy time ahead but lots of fun with your friends......enjoy your day out.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

I just had my Covid booster, Moderna, as were my first two shots. The guy who administered it was perfect and very quick, which was nice: absolutely no reactions, skin redness, or after-effects. I had to wait thirty minutes as I've had analeptic shock before, food allergies, instead of the usual 15 minutes, but all good.

Now, I need to wait for my fire equipment inspection, and then I'm good to go for lunch.

JaneS

In her last post, PATRICIA is going to lunch and now I'm heading for the haystack!  I'm sure there aren't that many hours between PA and Alaska but we must have all been very busy today. 

I changed all the short sleeved shirts and short pants to other storage areas and moved in all the long sleeved shirts, sweat shirts, sweaters and sweat pants and I'm ready for winter.  If the borders are open between here and Canada, the snow might make it here before I'm ready.  I wore my winter jacket for the first time today and it sure did feel good!

It's supposed to dip down to 30º overnight and still be there in the morning when we'll all be getting up.  Frankie is spending the night here and we're all hoping that Cooper will choose to sleep with me since I have the biggest bed. 

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow. And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

RAMMEL

Still no killing frost here. 36-37 degrees for the next three nights then warmer. Maybe they will be wrong and we'll get frost ( I hope ).  Trees still have their leaves.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Amy

Good morning..

A killing frost here last night ,temp is 27° at the moment.

Yesterday was busy with the potatoes and after 40 pints it was all done! Will use the apple peeler from here on in to peel that many again. Will go next door in a few minutes to let the dog out and then feed both him and Callie the cat.

Today is an appointment then home to label and put away the  potatoes .May find a cat nap later on in the day as Babe had me up 5 times during the night..

Jane, I wore my winter jacket last night when going to give Rex his meds and letting him out for one last time.

Phyllis, hope all  is well in your neck of the woods.

Lloyd, you are missed!!

Better get ready to meet the day.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

Good morning, 19 degrees here with dense fog and an expectation of snow. We've had snow dusts more than any natural snowfall, and Rammel, some of our trees still have all their leaves. Many began coloring after that odd first September snow. This weather reminded me of 1992 when we had a massive hail storm that looked like snow, and we saw the real thing soon afterward. Before the hail storm, everything was green, and people were in harvest rather than winter mode.

Today I'll be more out than in, so I hope everyone behaves, stays safe, and has a good day!

Gloria

Good morning every one, 29 this morning and even the roof of the building is white this morning. Yesterday with Yvette's help we got summer clothes put away and winter clothes out. Only a few more days and she will be in the hospital for her first knee surgery and 3 months out before she is back to work. I sure will miss her.

AMY  your post from yesterday morning about the geemagotchees had me thinking I did not see mine when we got the winter clothes out.

JANE  yesterday the landscapers were here and sweeping up all the fallen leaves and a breeze would shake more leaves down. After all that  rain and wind we had i t really did mess wi th those maples tha t turn a beautiful red, this year they are more of a dull orange. First time this happened in the almost 7 years I  have been here. Got another notice under the door yesterday, now on Monday we will have someone come  to all apartments starting at 8 am to check windows. Checking for failed window seals. Some thing else  to dis turb us again. Must be a BIG inspection coming up. Since I have been here things are getting checked I never heard of before.

PATRICIA  we are not  supposed to have an ex tra key made for our apartments but  we all have done it. My son who lived 3 miles from here has one and I have one in my wallet. Now with this maintenance man who know what will happen if we lock ourselves out. Oh yes the witch charges $25 to unlock your door after the first time it happens. Same with locking yourself out of the bathroom, no one has a thing to unlock that door. Paul-the retired maintenance man would let people in and never say anything to the witch. The witch and maintenance are the only 2 who can go into all the apartments with a key.

AMY  I love watching those big whit e flakes falling  by my windows. Could watch them all day.

JANE  I have my sweat pants out now and  think I just might  wear a pair  today. I have some new ones I bought at the end of the season last winter and never wore yet.

RAMMEL we already have some  trees almost bare of leaves. 

PATRICIA  after 2 nights of killing frost it is past harvest time here.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Gonna be a busy one here today.  I have lots to get done before I hit the hospital on Monday!  But I think I'll make it OK!  I'm going to scoot out and get a hair trim this morning and then pick up a couple things at WM that I need.  That's all the "out" stuff I have to do but there's a lot of "in" stuff to get done! 

Enjoy your "chilly" day today.  I do believe Winter is upon us!

RAMMEL

Still didn't make it down to the frost level  :(    >:(   Allergies are bad this year.  My nose is constantly running, itchy throat, SNEEZING.  LETS GO FROST - Get moving.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Amy

Frost is melting  ,sun is putting the run on it.

Passing RAMMEL a pair of sneakers for his nose. If it is going to run you may need them. :walking2:  We are also waiting on hard frosts to kill whatever is in the yard that bothers Babe and the next door dog. One of his pills is an allergy pill.

Better get back to work..
Jimmy Dean

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,  temperatures down in the 40's in central Oklahoma; weather alternating between drizzle and "thin" sunshine.  Rather a dreary start to November.

In case I forget -  Prayers and Good Wishes to you, Janie, for successful results from your surgery.

...and also for MaryPage.

#2 son and I have a "dinner date" every two weeks on the nights DIL gets a mani/pedi and alternate providing food (I cook and he brings from a restaurant). Last night was my turn and I tried a new recipe for baked pork chops. Did not turn out well and we agreed that doing them in the slow cooker is much better.

Workers are here replacing the arbor over patio that had to be taken down during roofing project.  Have had a text from Miss Emily setting up a lunch date next week. Am doing laundry and doing desk work.

And that's what's going on in my corner of the world.
Hope Everyfriend is having a "Thuper Thursday"....including Shirley  ;)

Vanilla-Jackie

Callie..
..i used to grill mine, " pork chops "
" There is no present like the time "

FlaJean

Amy

Jimmy Dean

FlaJean

Thanks Amy.  Took me forever to figure how to update my avatar.  Getting slow in my old age  >:(

patricia19

I'm back, finally got everything done, paperwork filled out and submitted, cash changed hands, and I'm done for this year, hopefully.

No snow, skies are back to blue, and we've warmed up to plus 24. Yesterday our low was plus 27!

Shirley

I'm here to say good night, sweet dreams and God Bless..... Not sure what I got done today, did not make some phone calls that were needed. Tomorrow is another day, right? 

RAMMEL

Always put off till tomorrow what you don't have to do today.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

JaneS

Time to hit the haystack and I sure hope it's loaded with zzzzzs

RAMMEL, What if you HAVE to do it today and you forget?

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow and may God bless us, every one!

RAMMEL

Quote from: JaneS on November 04, 2021, 10:16:37 PMRAMMEL, What if you HAVE to do it today and you forget?
If you're over 65 you're excused and get another chance  ::)
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Vanilla-Jackie

Rammel..i see your humour and logic, :D but, there might not be a " tomorrow " for us :(

Amy

Good chilly 23° morning...

Busy morning today......will go feed neighbours pets, let him out for a bit after he gets his meds. Taking Kyle in for blood work and pick up his meds this morning.

Better go let the boy out.. be back later.

Enjoy your day and stay safe..
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Local weather guessers said yes terday it would not be as cold last night. Instead of in the 30's it is 29 now at 7am. I t hink  they were more concerned about  letting us know we have to turn the clocks back Saturday night. From what  I heard on the news turkey will be costly this year and will be lucky to find a smaller one. Not everyone wants an 18 pound one.

JANE  like you said yesterday, feels like winter is here, no fall wea ther this year, summer to winter and then we had winter to summer without  beautiful spring weather either.  Nature sure is changing or am I imagining how different it used  to be?

RAMMEL  gee maybe you should vacation here  in New England  where we had 3 mornings in a row waking to everything covered in white frost. Sorry your allergies are acting up.

CALLIE  gee I have not had a porkchop in ages. Last  one had a CNA cook was so overdone it was tough and never had one like that before.

JACKIE  I cooked pork snops on the grill in the summers when it was too t to cook in the house.

FLAJEAN  nice seeing you pop in here.

PATRICIA  sun is showing lightly from a layer of clouds this morning.

SHIRLEY  I have one phone call I keep putting off. Need to call a new dentist. After what  I went  through las t time I had a tooth out I will not go  there again.

AMY  seeing the temperature get down in the 20's  this morning feels more like winter. Wonder if I should bundle up and get out for some fresh air or just stay inside.

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

patricia19

Good morning from an Interior at 17 degrees. It's very dry out there with little humidity, and without humidity, there's no snow. The temperatures keep going down, and they keep saying we're to have snow soon, and then we don't.

Gloria, if we see blue skies in winter, it means colder temperatures. Cloudy skies keep the cold out, and the hot air doesn't escape into the atmosphere. Per your post earlier, we're also charged twenty-five dollars if we're locked out outside of regular hours. There is no way to have extra keys made as we have none. We use electronic fobs to get in and inside the building. If you lose one of those, it's a $200.00 replacement charge because they're keyed to our apartment number.

Everyone's busy today with chores, supply runs, and preparing for next week and medical procedures. I'm going to rest after the last two days of rushing hither and yon!

phyllis

I Was in hospital and now in rehab.  I DOn't KNOW WHEN I WILL BE HOME.  TTL
phyllis
Cary,NC

Vanilla-Jackie

Phyllis..oh what has been going on, why was you in hospital...I hope and pray they allow you home soon...

Vanilla-Jackie

Loads of bangs, fireworks and flashes going on around my home, oh those poor birds and wild animals...they must be absolutely terrified...the loud bangs are even making me jump with nerves...hate to think what it does to pets, cats and dogs...Times have changed when all we had were ( Brocks ) Sparklers, Roman Candles, Catherine Wheels, Jumping Jacks...

Amy

Phyllis, thank you for reaching out. Prayers and good wises for a speedy recovery. Having said that speedy recovery,don't rush it, let your body heal.

Just came back from feeding Rex and Callie. I am going to miss my time with them, I do see Rex at the fence and give him his treats. Callie, loves her treats also and will get just a we dab of his meat in her dish. She heads right for the cupboard and waits patiently for it..well aside from reaching up at you to hurry :)

I am more than ready to rest now.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Today was a beautiful day with temps in the low 50s and sunshine all day.  I got a lot done in the house and I'm ready for lying around and letting someone else take care of me.  I have a pre-op appt tomorrow late morning and then just wait until I check in for surgery at 6 a.m. on Monday.  The gal who called me this morning to get that all set up mentioned, among other things, that the surgery itself will be 6 to 8 hours.  I'm sure glad I'll be asleep!

PHYLLIS, I've been wondering where you were and offered a couple prayers on your behalf.  You take very good care of YOU because we need you back whenever you feel like coming by!

AMY, your next door pets are sure lucky to have you around!  But it sounds like they already know that!

PATRICIA, I think I'm glad I never moved to Alaska.  The weather is surely different than anything I'm used to!

I wonder how LLOYD is doing?  Has anyone heard from him?

I guess I'll go fix my supper.  I've invited General Tso to join me and he said he'd bring his specialty with him.  Uncle Ben is coming, too and he's bringing rice!  Gonna be a good supper!

Enjoy the rest of your day, Everyfriend and hop back in here tomorrow.