Random Image

Keeper of the Plains

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:39:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for November 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, November 01, 2021, 01:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Good morning.

Tis foggy out there this morning  temp of 31° at the moment.
Mixed up day here will work around home then take Kyle in to the Dr. We would rather have an early appointment but it is what it is and thankful to get an appointment.

Talked with Jane last evening and she sounds in good spirits.

Patricia, don't you wish they wouldn't follow through on the promise of snow?

Gloria, hope the witch goes if the building sells!!

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

so_P_bubble

A reminder:

Gloria

Good morning everyone. 33 this am and a light frost today. By now anyone with allergies here must be breathing better.

JANE  I might be too late for you  to see  this before you leave for the hospital. Prayers for you and a complete removal of that c. We need and want  you with us for many more years to come.

JACKIE  that man-pervert needs to be locked away for the rest of his rotten life. How sick to even think of. Where are the stories about  the good things people do? They are out there but  not  worth reporting on, just the bad news they like reporting.

CALLIE  I bought my rollator at least 10 years ago and without it I would not be getting around like I do.

AMY  we already have a beautiful blue sky. Cannot see even a speck of white in it.

BUBBLE  you mean it is 12 years ago that  Pat  started S&F? We have lost several of those who posted here in the SS over the years. Thanks for the reminder.

Have a good day and be safe. Praying for Jane .

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

patricia19

Good morning, twelve degrees and light snow here this morning in the Interior!

I'm thinking of Jane, but I'm sure she's in recovery presently as I'm four hours behind.

Gloria, if your building does sell, I hope things change for the better. We went from private ownership to state-owned in 2016, and I'm sure we were better off private.

I'm thinking about Phyliss as we haven't heard about her recovery and Shirley's indecision. There are so many going through medical issues that we care about, and we hope everything is going well.

And my thoughts are with Rick and Beverly after the losses of their loved ones. We have so many longtime friends here that we care about. I wish them all strength and peace.

Shirley

I just had a call from Gloria..... her computer had a nervous break down & think she is ready to pull her hair out. Sounds like her world is crumbling with Yevette (sp?) going in for her surgery & the substitute didn't show up and inspections to take place! Some days you can't win. By the way, Gloria, you do have the "clipped speech" of the eastern US, do I drawl like from southern Missouri?

Everything I went to do today didn't work out so nothing to brag about getting done. Half a dozen projects started but nary a one finished. My sweet gum tree got a lot yellower (that a word?) today so expect the leaves will start dropping soon. Some of the trees around the corner are nearly bare so their leaves will blow into my yard tomorrow with the wind out of the north now. I will be mulching all those leaves, maybe 1 out of 50 mine, to put out for the trash next week. I'd like to find someone to mow that picks up, the kids that mowed all summer just mulch so doesn't work with lots of leaves. Sure don't want to tangle with that last guy that broke down my gate & made a big trench in the neighbor's yard running his tractor over their soaked lawn (growing new grass). Not my usual fall, or year.

Patricia, I think, pretty sure, I'm going to cancel the appointments with the cardio surgeon & at least wait until after the holidays. I won't have my old buddy to watch out for me, but it just doesn't seem like the right time. I'm taking my vitamins & feel so much better (okay, maybe it's in my head?) not ready to deal with what they want to do.

Got my drafting table set up & plan to go thru all my paints to see what dried up since my last fling. I've got paints & brushes strung out in several places because I took some camping with me, also had a gr-daughter over to see what she could do (nice job) but right now not enough time to work painting in. Anyway, got to get organized to have 2 paintings done by Christmas!  That should keep me off the streets!

Shirley

I was going to call Lloyd & Nancy but can't find their phone number. He called to have me let everyone know their internet was out & thought I could find his number that way (also had it written down somewhere).... but nothing turning up.  If anyone has it, I know he thinks nobody cares that he can't get in to visit.... sniff-sniff.... wish someone would call to see how they are doing or send me his phone number & I'll call??? Not sure if their phones work if internet doesn't.  He said they bought a "hot spot" but couldn't get it to work. I don't know how they work so that's all I know about anything.  :-[

Denver

A good Monday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND.

I am sorry I have not been in for a bit.  I have been busy with physical therapy and the pain associated with this.  My 2 kids moving here and there has me on pins and needles as well. 

Sweet MARILYN sent email and told me about the passing of Chape.  I am so heartbroken for you, Beverly. 

Thank you, JACKIE, for missing me.  I did not think I had been missing for that long, but the way time flies....who knows? Horrifying news about what that nasty creature did! 

I have continued prayers for Chape, Jane and MARYPAGE.  I hope and pray Jane's surgery went well today and she is resting comfortably tonight as she gains her strength to get home soon. 

Rick, I hope the good heavy frost has taken care of your allergies 😘

SHIRLEY, I think I have Lloyds number....I will look.  I always hold you in my thoughts and prayers but especially right now with the concerns and thoughts about if and when you will feel OK to move forward with your surgery.

Poor Gloria.  She will be stir crazy without her computer AND Yvette being out for her surgery😩🥲. I hope if her building is taken over by someone else that they will put the Witch out on the street corner.

AMY, I do hope the trip to the doctor for bloodwork went we well for you two! 

Seems I did not post what I wrote earlier today, so best hit POST now.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

RAMMEL

While I'm still remembering to do this - The two nights of frost seem to have done the trick. No runny nose today and minimal sneezing.  When I was a kid in the era before antihistamines I would sometimes sneeze 17 times in a row [ yes, I did count. ].  Got allergy shots for years so I guess that's why I don't mind when I need a shot for things like Flu or Covid.

Good luck, good wishes, - for those challenging the medical world.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Vanilla-Jackie

If anyone is interested i opened up a " Thoughts and Prayers " room yesterday...there are already a list of names i have added to it...Phyllis - Jane S - Beverly - Mary Page - Shirley - Rammel ( Rick )
" There is no present like the time "

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirley, thank you for letting us know it is just Lloyds internet and that he is not in a hospital as i was fearing... :thumbup:

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble - Gloria, it saddens me to think how many lovely and good members we have lost over those 12 - 13 year's...May God Bless every one of those...and i hope they would be proud that our forum is still kept going....I know our founder Pat Scott Halbach would be...

phyllis

Still in rehab.  So sorry for all the trouble, illness, and sadness for my senior friends.  I am better but still don't know when I can go home.  Prayers for all.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

Good morning..

Another grand day in the making here..starting off with 35°.
Odds and ends to do today ,plus package up another quilt top ,that makes 13 to go.

Shirley, thank you for letting us know about Gloria's lemon..she will surely be missed in here. I have Lloyd phone number from before he moved will try it and see if he is using it at the new place.

Jenny,blood work complete now setting up for an MRI. Is the Dr happy with how your shoulder is coming along? How is your Dad doing?

Phyllis, good to hear from you. Rehab is a blessing as it allows you to rest and get your strength back.

Patricia, no snow here but yesterday morning we noticed that the road crew had peppered the roads in places with salt. Jane's surgery was 6+ hrs long and when I talk with her daughter will let you know how she is coming along. They had to be in the hospital for 5:30 am yesterday and I bet everyone is tired.

Better scoot.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Sandy

Hi to phyllis who is still
in rehab.   You sound good.  Glad to see
that you can still use your computer..  I
know that is what I WOULD miss the most,
besides ALL MY Friends and family. 

Best wishes to all who are having
work done in the hosptial and trying
to recuperate. 

Miss you all!

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

Thanks, Amy, for checking on Lloyd. Would you believe I had a nightmare about him & Nancy last night? For true, was crazy about trying to find them "somewhere out there". In Lloyd's case, if his internet isn't working chances are his phones are on the same router/modem (what do I know about how things work?).... but probably his cell phone should work IF he uses one in his  name. I looked back over my caller ID & didn't find any listing in Lloyd's name so maybe he called me with his gr-daughter's phone & I wouldn't recognize the name.

I had a great suggestion from Rick (Rammel) about someone being a contact person & he even volunteered (can't back out now, Rick!) to keep up-dated phone numbers for us. I immediately sent him MY phone number but after thinking, should have included one of my kids to contact IF I don't show up for any length of time. I've had the same "landline" or house phone number for years but in Lloyd's case, if the phones are linked to the internet (like mine) if one is out so is the other. In MY case, I don't turn my cell phone unless I want to use it which is rare except when I go out of town. The battery has not held up well from the get-go (an iPhone SE) but if I keep it plugged in then I don't have it with me when I am out & about. I do have OnStar in the Encore but since it doesn't get highway miles I never used it so quit the service. I still get "Nav" but have to program in myself & I rarely go anywhere I don't know so not worth the trouble or expense. Anyway, I have reasons for why I do things and do think the offer from Rick a really good idea. I do answer the phone even when I don't recognize the number (most of the time). All too often it's a robo but I pull out my personal alarm & hope who ever monitors gets a busted ear drum .. yes, I do.

Hi, Phyll, glad to see you checking in & hope you get sprung soon. Work hard & get those muscles strong fast! We all have to be careful about that. I'm trying to push a little harder myself, think I've allowed my body to get far too lazy & can't live alone that way.

Trees are absolutely still so must go down & turn the sprinkler system on, supposed to get rain tomorrow but only showers & this is the time of year we want those grass & tree roots to go down deep for moisture so they don't freeze. Something my mother used to say every fall....

Good morning, Sandy, you snuck in. I do remember when we were all concerned with your health issues and where you would land. Glad you found your perfect spot that keeps you in the middle of everything, you seem happy.

phyllis

l'm using Galaxy pad.  HATE texting.
Will try to check in more often.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

Jane's :smitten:  operation was long and went well. Information is that they did get everything.
 She is in ICU for now.  She DOES NOT HAVE THROAT CANCER. One should get the story straight before posting misinformation.

Shirley, I tried to phone Lloyd and it came back as this phone number is no longer in service.

Phyllis ,I agree about tablets ,they put word in that are not what one wants to say. I wrote in a lost long ago about fixing a turkey breast and it posted turkey breastfeeding!!
Jimmy Dean

so_P_bubble

Amy, I am giggling aloud about that turkey!

(((( Jane)))) great news!

Gloria

size=15pt]SURPRISE, thought I would see if t his lemon had a nice rest and here I am. St ill have no t heard from grandson bu t he does no t check his voice mail of ten and I mess up t ry ing  to text.
Still no help again today and tomorro‎w is laundry day.

Jane has a lis t of names and numbers. I have been  thinking and praying for her since I woke  this morning.

I have an iPhone and keep i t charged but dislike no t hearing good on i t and have the volume all the way up.  Of course yes terday I used face  time to get ion  touch wi th my daughter. Time to get ears checked. I never liked talking on the phone anyway.

Oh Oh mouse is going crazy like yesterday so bet ter post this while I can. Hope I can make i t tomorrow or my grandson a t least calls me.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Hope we hear about  Jane soon.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

patricia19

Good morning; it is 6:55 and six degrees locally this morning, with another 0.2 inches of snow. My 23 and me Health and Ancestry DNA kit is due to arrive today. It will be interesting to hear back on the results after I send them in. A couple of years back, I sent in an Ancestry.com kit only to learn what my family had said for years was true.  I'm Irish and Welsh with some Scot, Swede, and Norwegian thrown in.  Now to see if it's true about health issues.

I'm glad to hear that Jane's surgery went well. She's determined and has family close, so I wasn't surprised.

Shirley

WOW, what a difference a little while makes!!  I've been out hosing down some throw rugs, a couple Callie visited & marked as her favs.... but some just dirty. Not sure how they will turn out but not worth tearing up the washer & sure not worth sending off. Anyway, kept me busy outside long enough for people to show up! 

Welcome home, Gloria, glad that turkey got up & running.... oh, no, it was Amy's turkey!  :D

Phyll, you will feel better talking to us than hiding in a corner, just go ahead & gripe if you want, we won't tell.

Think maybe we are hanging close to our computers for more news of Jane?  Glad you cleared that up about not being throat cancer, Amy, I wasn't really sure so was not commenting. My bro-in-law had that surgery quite a few years ago and a super sweet lady that lived in the area of Vanderbilt came & sat with Cas & me from about 6:00 am to midnight. We left after hearing from the doctors because he had 3 friends staying with him until he was to go home. Such extensive surgery we left with heavy hearts for whether he would be able to talk to us on the phone ever again, they removed 70% of his tongue, replaced it with tissue from his wrist and replaced that with tissue from his thigh. I'm so glad Jane doesn't have that to face, although Cas' brother is still going strong, a little difficult to understand when he gets in a hurry, he is alive & enjoying life.

Thanks for trying to reach Lloyd, Amy, too bad none of us has his gr-daughter's  phone number or even name. I am the world's worst for keeping track of phone numbers unless I program them into a phone.... and then the phones bite the dust so I'm lost again. I need a keeper.......

Hi, Patricia. We/my family, did the 23 & Me & it's been interesting & fun. It once gave a great niece title of MY grand, but I finally recognized her name. Nearly had a heart attack at which of my sons had a child I didn't know about.  :o

Amy

Shirley, I sent you an email. My friend had throat cancer and they removed her esophagus and raised her stomach. Operation went well.....but she contacted C-difficile. :(  A man that had the same operation said that they have to chose what they want...to eat or drink they can not do both at once....no room in the rib cage.
Jane ,does have a long road ahead of her but she is one determined lady..and won't sit still for long.

Gloria, I sure hope you can  get that puter fixed..

Yesterday was a long day and I really don't like driving at night but it had to be done. Had one driver blow a stop sign in front of us and another blowing his horn as he screamed by 3 vehicles that were not going   slow......speed is 80 and I was doing 90 k . Came in the house to find a big bouquet of flowers and a gift card . A thank you card was included signed Rex and Callie.

Patricia,Jane's family is amazing!!! Such a close knit family and they sure have rallied around her.
Please keep the snow there...we are to get rain all day Fri and I can deal with that. :)

Jimmy Dean

Vanilla-Jackie

10.am ( UK ) another 40 minutes i will be making my way to Wednesday morning church, we have two churches i prefer the other one but, a small service mid-week is not to be missed..I am waiting for a 10.am home appointment from an Occupational Therapist as to my needs of a conservatory ramp for my mobility scooter, says she will only be here for 15 minutes..so i should still be able to make church..

phyllis

Still in rehab.  Maybe another week.

Good that Jane made it thru surgery.  Not sure where the cancer was but glad they feel they got it all. She has good family.

Take care, All.

phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

Good sunny morning..

Temp is staying down at 30° at the moment. My wake up call from crow has been replaced by blue jays! Need to get some more birdseed today for them.

Received a call yesterday from ???she said in a few minute I could receive a phone call from a clairvoyant and she could predict the future. Told her I could do that and someone  was going to hang up on her and I did!!

Phyllis, Janes family is awesome, children and grandchildren. Plus she has friends phoning to find out how she is doing. Hope each day brings strength to you.

Better get ready to go into town to pick up the birdseed. Can't have them holding their tummies.

Jimmy Dean

RAMMEL

Has anyone managed to get in touch with Lloyd?
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Shirley

Not me (catching Lloyd & Nancy). I can't imagine him being without the computer this long. I think he watches old movies, etc. on his computer. He mentioned something about the internet service "pulled the plug" because he was streaming too much. He thought he had unlimited but he said they bought a "hot spot" and couldn't get that to work. I have a feeling this is one blow too many for him to cope with so by now may be in the VA hospital.  Notice I say "may"... Crossed my mind to call the VA in Warrensburg,MO, I know he uses that one as well as one in Kansas City. But the only way they would help is IF he came in they could tell him we were trying to reach him, a big IF and doubt if that would really get us contact with him. If he is okay I think he will find a way to let us know. I think we all reach that stage at times where we have to pull ourselves together & take stock. They have had a lot to cope with this year. None of the ways we could reach them a few months ago would work, phones, e-mail or even if we had his snail-mail address. All changed.

Leaves are starting to fall this morning, my sweet gum tree is about half & half (green & yellow) & they will dump fast one of these days. I've got to find a lawn crew that will pick up & not just mulch... one more time, to trim & edge before the dump. Sure don't want that guy that mowed last time but don't want the crew that mowed before, either... they only mulched & not what the grass needs at this stage.

We have another flock of robins migrating through this morning. I'm guessing they are from the higher mountains or maybe even Alaska?  They are not as bright colors, seem a little larger and don't dart around as fast as earlier flocks. The wind is really moving the trees today, have another front to bring rain later. Gone are the days I used to sit out with camera to watch for the different types of birds that come through. Even with the cloud cover the over all color as I look down to the river, is gold with enough green to soften the winter black tree trunks. I do love this time of year and look forward to what winter will bring.

patricia19

Good morning, minus six, and chill here in the Interior. Shirley, any arctic birds, would have left here a couple of months ago. The only small birds left are chickadees, pine siskins, and other year around species.

About Lloyd, perhaps you could try the method Seniornet's Rae and Adrienne used when I was once off the computer for a month and a half. They called the local police out of concern and asked them to check on me. I was amazed and touched when the police called me and asked me to get in touch with them as they were worried. You could email the area's police.

Nothing on the agenda for today except the 23andMe test didn't arrive locally until 8:46 PM. I expect to receive it today and get it sent back tomorrow.

Phyliss, It's nice of you to stop in and let us know how you're doing; you're missed.

I hope Jane is still doing well, and we're blessed to have Amy reporting back for us.

I'm also thinking about Mary Page as she goes through her surgery valve replacement today. Altho since we're on different coasts, she's most likely already in recovery.

Amy

I just called 3 feed stores knowing that Lloyd has done business in the past with them but nothing. I was thinking also of radio stations??? Gosh when he gets back on here he should leave a number where we could check up on him. He may have loaded the motor home to strike out to his family??

Will keep trying.

Just tried city hall  n/a

Will keep trying :).
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Amy, I tried the Walmart in Holden, MO, but the guy in electronics said their phone service is a part of tracfone & they don't have any kind of records about it. Since we don't really have a mailing address and not even sure the house is in his name or the grand's name (didn't he say it is a duplex?) really nothing to go on. Don't know if any chance the VA hospital in Warrensburg would be able to say if they had a patient by that name or could tell him we have been looking for them.... We really don't have much to go on.