Random Image

tankside.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:38:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, December 01, 2021, 12:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Quickie: Had a call from Gloria & she can't get in her computer!  I thought about her this morning when mine gave me fits. Mine did an update overnight and Microsoft wanted to take over my world with forcing me to use Edge? ... but I found a place to click back to NOT NOW, so will have to face that later.  I wondered if it screwed up Gloria's and sure nuff, something did. She said might be until the week end before her gr-son can find the problem. She tried every password she could think of but nothing worked. Okay, let's all say a prayer because computers can be our best friend or worst enemy and she doesn't deserve this! Mine is driving me crazy today, every time I stop to think the curser disappears. Not nice to mess with old ladies, right, girls?

mycheal

Shirley,
They are messing with everyone's. WE do not own our computers any longer or have any decision making... those damn fools :)
Mycheal stressed in Iowa

JaneS

I'm lucky to have a granddaughter who hangs around my house and knows about computers.  She gets me out of a lot of messes. 

It's been a busy day and we got a lot done.  Tomorrow, I'm going to have my first real shower as opposed to a "sit on a chair and hand wash" job!  And then I'm going to have my first outing.  Christy and I are going to WM to look for a Christmas present for my Great Granddaughter and a birthday present for my youngest granddaugher.  Her birthday is the 18th.  My dad died on December 18th and she came along 9 years later to fill the void!  My DIL was here the day before and she was having slight labor pains.  I told her she wouldn't have that baby until the next day because Daddy Wright was up there holding her and his plan was to let go to replace him.  And I was right!

Now I have to hit the haystack before my eyes enter slapshut.  The physical therapy guy signed off on me today.  He says I don't need his help.  I'm doing fine!  Good news.  Now I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

Mycheal, I'm glad to hear your version, my daughter called & said the same while ago, that we either play their game OR we don't get to play. Sad day when company MONOPOLIES can force us to use what they want or cut us off. Right now I do not have the energy to fight so will go along (meekly?).... such a strain for this rebel!  :-\

I'm off to bed early (for me), no nap again today & the 4-5 hours sleep is not enough. I do have to get some decorations up or haul them back to the basement. Not sure anyone will be in my house over the holidays so only a few things going up inside. I started thinking about having the neighborhood ladies over for a "Christmas in July" gathering since we have several new families & hard for anyone to gather at Christmas time. I never got everything done/cleaned up to set up a Christmas table and then Covid still on the rampage so here it is REALLY Christmas & the house is no more ready than in July! Ah, well, maybe next year.

For tonight, sweet dreams and God Bless All. Praying for all in pain, whether it is physical pain or the mental abuse from Microsoft.  :christmastree: 

I went to check on Tom, he wanted to go to my bedroom after they had their last meal while ago. He has not had an "accident" for several days since I've allowed him to sleep in my room & use the litter box in there, BUT tonight he didn't get all the way in the box & left a puddle on the carpet under it so I had a nice mess to clean up. Then that gave Callie time to head to the utility room where she left a puddle beside the litter box so I let her go on outside for a while (better than yelling at her). Got that mess cleaned up & let her back inside and she did it again. It is too cold to make them stay outside, I just don't have the heart to let them suffer and they do know where it is warm. :banghead:  :noway:

Always nice to have good news to end the day, thank you, Jane, and a happy tomorrow to you!

Lloyd Hammond

well good Morning everyone. No cats in my house, and only one on the loose outside and it just wanders around the shop and crawles up arond the box truck, Hasent been started in a month, so only heet Is what she generates chasing critters. Have a good day and a better tomorow. I am going back to bed, I have already checked my vitals.

Lloyd

MarsGal

Morning everyone!

I woke my computer this morning to a bunch of nonsense from MS again. I said no to all. I am quite happy not using or hooking up to Alexa or there productivity package (which puts all your work on the cloud. I don't use either, nor do I have a smartphone or want my devices synced with Windows. Don't want, don't use.

The second Windows gives me fits that I can't readily fix, I install Ubuntu instead. I like using Linux, but there are two programs I like much better than the offerings through Linux programs that have kept me ending up back with Windows. So I put up with Windows as long as they allow me to change my settings to my preferences. I absolutely refuse to go to Windows 11, which is mostly enhanced for productivity, gaming and watching movies via the internet. I prefer watching my movies and various streaming offerings via my HDTV to using my computer.   

Amy

Good morning..

Another chilly start to the day here..

Long day yesterday starting off with my 3rb booster shot then onto Choco factory and then to do a bit of shopping. We hit the cheese factory on the way .

Not sure what today will bring, know that I need to do more baking so that may be in order.

Gloria, I do hope you get everything running in your puter today.

Shirley, I dislike updates and yes if you don't do them you do pay the price in more frustration. I liked Windows XP and wish they left that alone. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Jane, have fun today  enjoy your outing!!

Lloyd, hope you found more zzz's to please. :)

Phyllis ,hope all is well there.

Patricia, we are to get rain this weekend , We will be spinning around like a button on an outhouse door if we are not careful where we walk!!

MarsGal, I don't even want a smart TV , it is said that "people" can spy on you through it. I don't know if that is true or not but just know it doesn't appeal to me.

Better get moving

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Another day has dawned!  The temp is only 30º out there and it's not supposed to get above 37 today!  Winter has returned!

Good morning to everyfriend who has posted and everyfriend who arrives later.  I'm another one who doesn't like the updates but they are inevitable so I guess we learn to live with them or throw the computer in the river!

I'm really looking forward to our outing today!  And to doing some of my own shopping.  I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Shirley

Jane, I've been wondering if my computer will float... that Arkansas River is close enough to toss it in!  Cold this morning but wind doesn't look bad, only a few leaves left on the sweet gum tree and no leaves at all on trees down by the river. Winter has arrived in KS!

The outings sound like fun, I'm even going out on several errands this morning. I completely forgot about Christmas cards and only send out a few but need to get some new one... the last box had enough to use 2 or 3 years so pretty sure the people will remember if they get the same again this year! :P  :-[

Got my property tax bill (choke-choke). When will the government realize the few of us still paying taxes can't afford all their spending?  Glad my house insurance doesn't come due right not, understand that has gone thru the roof because cost of materials is so outrageous. Such is life and we've seen the gouging before during our lifetimes, right?

Got a pic of the dog portrait but will have to send to Bubble to resize, if she will. It is a long way from finished but think the eyes are about done, will add lashes & fur around when a little dryer & a lot of dabs here & there. The chest fur is only "blocked in for color" but will need complete make over before I'm done. I'm still not sure the background colors are clear in my mind, the teal or aqua is a color used throughout their house but want more neutral for long term. Actual background is too busy for a painting. Still have one more to paint before Christmas & I can't paint at night like long ago. My eyes start burning but biggest problem is sleep sets in. Forgot how this works.  ;)

Lloyd Hammond

the sun Is shining bright, But Is col here 27º Noe @ 8:03 AM. this old Man Is going to hold the recliner down Hoping to fiend a good Movie and a good Nap. hope you all have a good day just as you Like.

Lloyd

phyllis

Yes, we all have computer issues...including Amazon.  Ours is nothing compared to what happened to them yesterday when their computers shut down temporarily.  And, that affects far more serious issues than my personal computer/data. I actually felt kind of sorry for the headaches their tech. people must be going through.  It's a lot scary to think how much we, and the world, is controlled by computers.  It's a sci-fi movie come to life.

I've been really busy.  End-of-year things to be taken care of before deadlines pass, as well as Christmas to think about and getting things back in smooth running order after being in the hospital and out-of-touch for awhile.  I get a little frazzled and feel like I'll never get things back in order.  I know it just takes time but for right now, I feel like I'm just stomping out one fire when another one pops up.

Glad to hear good news...that helps things seem better.  Sorry to hear bad news and can only send wishes that things will improve and life will look good again.  But, for now, I'm running late again and still not caught up with my "things that have to be done" list.  So, I'll just say,

Take care, All.

phyllis
Cary,NC

patricia19

Good morning, eleven degrees in the Interior with light snow.

All so-called "smart devices" spy on you through chance, company design, or arrangements with either a security company or through law enforcement. All of them. Google is familiarly known as spyware as it collects and saves every keystroke and sells the info to advertisers while protecting against outsiders trying to do the same.

patricia19

Today, I discovered a miniature crisp, sweet apple from Washington, called a Rockit. I'm ordinarily so-so about raw apples, but this miniature, about four, would make a standard size apple, is delicious!

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?msg=209230

JaneS

The day has come to an end and it was a cold one.  The temp never got above 34.  We were supposed to have snow flurries but I never saw any snow.  Frankie said it was flurrying on her way home from work.

Our outing was very successful today.  I found the gift I wanted for Emma (My GGranddaughter in OK) and I got a nice birthday card and a gift card for Kiran (My youngest Granddaughter) Her birthday is the 18th.  We stopped at the local candy store and got lollipops for both the Greats.  Since I'm not making candy this year, this was the next best thing.  This is a local candy maker that's been in business since 1907 and they're great.  Then we hit the Farmer's market and got some good haddock filets. 

When we got home we wrapped the Air Fryer that I got for Frankie for Christmas, The package I got for Emma and then we boxed the stuff that has to go to Okla.  Tomorrow we'll take it to the UPS store and it'll be on the way.

I had a nap this afternoon and then after supper we watched "Christmas in Connecticut" starring Barbara Stanwyck and Dennis Morgan and bunch of other old timers.  It's another one of my all time favorites!  And now it's time to hit the haystack before my eyes enter slamshut mode.

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

JaneS

Amy

Good morning..

Starting out at 9° and hope it warms up some, they say rain tomorrow night and into Sat.

Pastry made for tarts ,made blueberry muffins and put some in the hidey hole. Today is make the buttertarts. Clean up the dust bunnies, as if one could get ahead of them .

Jane,sounds like a productive time out for you.

Patricia, will look for those apples,just the right size for Kyle.

Shirley, you are very talented. Love your painting!

Gloria, hope you can soon be here.

Better get ready to meet the day.

Enjoy your day and stay sasfe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning Amy and all that follow. I have Made a goood size post two times and the grimalins has got it both times. I have already tested my vitals. bloud sugar was 124 Bp was152-84 -60 . Had acording to tattle tail Had 8/1/2 hours sleep, I feal pretty good. I have a machine that talks to me tells me what to do with the vital testing. and when walked through all them It sends readings to VA by sadelight No phone hooked to it. and if somengthing they do not like they call and tell m what they want me to do. if it is alright they do not call. we Have no privecy. I have been told the goverment can read what domnos of $$ is in your Hands when paying at the check out at the store. Have a good day wevryone.

Lloyd

Denver

Thursday already.....PT in a couple of hours!  Sun is shinning nice and bright today.  It was dreary all day yesterday, but the possibility of any moisture flew by the wayside 😩 This time of the year there are always the beautiful snowy peaks to look at towards the mountains and what little we had is now gone.....so concerning. This Friday they are predicting that there will be measurable snow for Denver.

Too many interruptions, so my time is up.

My best o EVERYFRIEND.

JENNY
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Carol

Hooray!  I found you!  Such a surprise - I turned on the 'puter and you were right there -

Jenny:  I am so far behind in your news with everyone on this site too - I will have to "listen" in a bit more.  Take care. 

JaneS

Hi Everyfriend!  We had another productive day today.  Took all the packages that needed to be mailed to the UPS store and then made a stop at Country Cupboard (this is a restaurant and gift shop combined and they have good food and beautiful things to buy)  We didn't eat but we did buy a couple things.

Then the visiting nurse was by in the early afternoon. And she decided that she doesn't need to come back every week and my next visit will be Dec. 29th.  She remarked that I'm doing so well and I look so much better than I did last week.  So I guess we're making progress.  And I walked down to the corner by myself to get the mail.

JENNY, I always associate snow-capped mountains with Colorado.  That's one thing my Girl Scouts loved when we were there in the summer!  I hope your shoulders are feeling better every day and that you are being careful of them.

SHIRLEY, your so good to the kitties that I'm sure they love you the best that kitties can love.  Also, I remarked how much I like your doggie painting over where it's posted but just in case you didn't see it,  I love it!

My very best to all of you!  Keep on keeping on!

Amy

Good morning...

Dancing the day away today.. snow overnight and then rain today. This snow is light and fluffy and will move easy.. I hope.

Friends stopping by today and then more diva duties.

Jane, that is great news from the nurse. Keep up the good work.

Better get my dancing duds on.

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning, AMY and anyone else who pokes his/her head in here today.  We have another busy day coming up and then tomorrow, Christy will be going home.  The nurse said yesterday that I can do days on my own and Frankie is going to spend the nights with me.  My local son and daughter will be checking in and if I know my daughter, she'll be checking in often. 

There's still a lot of numbness in my jaw but the swelling has gone down considerably.  My next dr. appt isn't until the 18th so I guess I'll find out then what to expect next.

ANY, enjoy your dance!  But don't let your partner tire you out!

I wish Everyfriend a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

patricia19

I received my 23&Me report today. They're more comprehensive in locations than Ancestory but only showed minor health conditions. I don't want to join for $29.00 yearly to get more comprehensive.

Unsurprisingly, I'm 99.8 European, including 97.7 Northwestern European, including 53.0% Ireland, and Wales. 35.2 Germany and Switzerland, Scandinavian 2.8%. The remainder is broad, trace amounts, Southern European.

We're at nine degrees and expecting five inches of snow this weekend, maybe interesting if we see snow.

Jane, good news!  :)

Amy, no snow removing for me; I'm glad someone else does that these days; I'd probably never get past a few feet!  :-\  :-[

Hi to Jenny and all who stop by later!

Amy

Snow is cleared up for now, more snow/rain on the way  with high winds. Power may go out but we are fine with the generator to hook up. Friends came and we enjoyed the visit so now I had better get the pastry rolled out for tarts. These will be filled and baked tomorrow as I am running out of steam :(

Patricia, this was a light snow but where the plow pushed it ,it was difficult to move. After rain tomorrow it may be smaller and softer to move.

Back to the kitchen..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Night Everyfriend!  We've had a busy day today and I'm very tired.  Lots to do tomorrow.  Christy is going home to Maryland and will be back for Christmas.  In the meantime, I'm on my own with Cathy and Philip looking in on me occasionally.  Things are gradually getting back to norma.  I'm not doing any driving but I have some cookies mixed and ready to bake.

Now I'm heading for the haystack and I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

good evening everyon and good Night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning..

34° out  there and we are to get rain! Will fill and bake the tart shells today ,laundry is also calling and make a pot of ham and pea soup.

Lloyd I was going to call out the Calvary if you didn't post! Hope all is well there with you and Nancy.

Janie ,that is good news..kinda like taking the training wheels of your bike :) The kids will worry about you but know you didn't get this far in life without being careful.

Bubble, thank you for posting the pic of the pup. I think Shirley did an awesome job!!

Speaking of pup....son now has a Great Dane X Great Pyrenees  pup. She is cute but my she is also big!

Better shake a leg and get going.

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's going to be a special day today.  Christy will be packing up to go home and Frankie and I are both going to miss her something fierce!  But life goes on and I really think I'm ready to continue on my own.  I got the word from Frankie last night.  She made me promise to call her if I need ANYTHING!  And we agreed that Cooper could still come here when she works but she'll do all the walks because I'm not into long walks yet.  But the yard is fenced and he can go out whenever he needs to.

AMY, I can't imagine how big that puppy will be when she's full grown!  Sounds like David likes BIG doggies!  I think I'll try to make my cookies on Sunday!  That's the only baked goods I'll be doing this Christmas.  Now I wonder where I stowec the cookie cutters?

LLOYD you keep on keeping on!  Don't do anything too hard and enjoy what you're doing.  Tell Nancy I said Merry Christmas to her!

I miss GLORIA and everyone who isn't posting!  Come back all of you!  I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!