Random Image

for a five year old and his twin sister. He has tragic cancer conditions.

Owner:
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:18:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 15, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, December 15, 2021, 01:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gloria

Good morning everyone, My sleep time lately has changed, wide awake till 3 or 4 am and fall asleep till 9 or10 am. No naps either for a couple of weeks. Looks like I get no help again today, not even a phone call.

PATRICIA  I am looking forward to some snow to see how beautiful and clean every thing looks at first. No blizzard, though, the one we had back in 1978 was enough  of blizzards for me.  No snow was even forecast that day.

JANE  your mention of Andy Williams and Christmas music reminded me of  those wonderful Christmas programs we used to see on TV. Yesterday I could not find any good Christmas programs on. I think the worse was the Lifetime channel's Cristmas romance ones. Even NBC had nothing good on much less the other cable channels. Sure glad I still had something to read.

AMY  now at a sunny 11:20 am it is 25°

Looks like I have some phone calls to make and not nice ones just before Christmas. One will be to the one who  sends the help out to people like me and then to the ones who pay her for a job she is not doing very good. I dislike complaining or getting anyone in trouble but I do need help and my insurance is helping to pay their wages.
I know I am a combination of Scrooge and the Grinch right now.  :tickedoff: >:(
Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

patricia19

Isn't that an oxymoron, Amy?  "Nice to not have to be at work early in the morning, one can sit, relax and enjoy the day. Now that we have really retired we are busy always something to do."

I can still recall the morning news programs, daily program advertisers, and how everyone rushed around getting ready to leave for school and work. While my father sat in a chair at the table, drinking coffee and directing the troops. He had only to walk down and cross one street to be at his work.

Gloria, living in the arctic, we may not have much snow, but we're guaranteed to have some! I think that even this blizzard will not leave any real accumulation. There was as much rain mixed in as there was snow. And if the temperatures drop again, it will dry out, with no humidity and back to no snow.

I'm sorry you have to put up with such incompetence. Here the agency has been so backlogged that they've essentially stopped working. Some folks in this building are offering cleaning services for a price, but not many can or will take them up on it. The Covid situation with Delta and now the Omicron variant found locally, and everything remains locked down, no libraries or stores other than groceries or online and no events. We're going on nine months of lockdown; it's become our new normal. Even the fireworks were under protocols.

Amy

Patricia, yes it is!! One wonders when they found time to work!  We seem to have a lot to do in a day and when it is done wonder what we have done ;; :2funny:

Gloria, squeaky wheel gets the grease! If no one said anything the people that run the operation plus your insurance company wouldn't know they are not getting their or rather your moneys worth.

Just have a bit of wrapping left to do..why does it take so long to wrap and in the blink of an eye poof it is gone!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Oh, well, CRAP-CRAP!!!  Had a long post & it vanished. I did absolutely nothing to make it disappear. Gloria, I was agreeing with you about having to get satisfaction about workers not doing their job, including the lady that schedules!  If they can't do it right they don't deserve a pay check!  Remember back when we baby sat 3 or 4 kids for 25¢ an hour and did a sink full of dishes after the kids went to bed.... not one of my fav jobs!

I decided to call everyone I normally send Christmas cards to & forgot how much time we can spend on the phone! I am not getting things done, getting lazy & mostly so much to do I go from room to room to put things away & get side tracked & don't finish what I started.

Does not help that all 3 cats are demanding more attention (one way or another). Tom is so blind now I have to lead/follow him from one end of the house so he is comfortable & knows how to get to the water bowl & litter box. He has been going outside when the sun is warm, I watch to make sure he is settled in a safe spot. He doesn't seem to hurt, eats more than either of the others & still purrs, so life isn't too bad. Have to make sure Callie is settled in where ever she wants to be or she will have an "accident" where ever it pleases her. Tiger just misses the time I spent taking naps with her, she doesn't play with the others if they are getting attention, just goes off to another room. She has the run of the house... so far! She wants all of my attention or gives a sniff & goes off by herself, poor baby.  :(

Not a single brush stroke on the dog portrait today, started out being gloomy & then I baked some brownies to take to the doctor's office. They really are good about making time for me any time I call, in & out with no waiting. One of the nurses said she thought I should hear in a day or so. I did get the info about joining the online thing, my kids & friend all go online to ask questions or get test results. Dumb me, I tried to set it up last near & didn't get it done. This time I got the info & hope my daughter will have time to make sure I get it right.

"That's all Folks..." who was it said that?  Woody Woodpecker?  Sweet dreams & God Bless.

JaneS

Now the day is over,
Night is drawing nigh...

SHIRLEY, I think it was Porky Pig who said, "That's all folks", because I seem to remember it said with a stutter.  I just looked it up and it WAS Porky Pig!

I got a lot done today and when Sarah delivers what she's buying me to give to my son and Cathy delivers what she's buying me to give to my SIL and my neighbor, I'm finished!  I never thought I'd make it this far when I was lollygagging around in the hospital!

Now I'm heading for the haystack because I know it's loaded with zzzzs and I need to fill up on some because Cooper will be joining me tomorrow at 5:30 a.m.  I still have to get the coffee pot ready and turn off all the Christmas lights and blow out the candles! 

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow!  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

RAMMEL

"lollygagging"   Haven't heard that for years.  I do that a lot :2funny:
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Lloyd Hammond

well IT IS Another sleepless Night.I have tryed three hitches so far. I am going to try one more.It Is about 2:20 AM. we are at 26º,and clear. I have my usual head ake, seince all those head knocks IN 14 they are every day some days worse than others IS meadaoker this morning. Hope you are all haveing a good night,s sleep.see you all later today.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I was up to meet Cooper's arrival at 5:30 a.m. and it also netted me a hug from Frankie!  I'll take as many of those as I can get.

RICK, the word "lollygagging" has been part of my life as long as I can remember.  When we were kids, my grandmother used to get us ready for school and she was always telling us, "If you don't stop all this lollygagging" you'll both be late for school".  I used it on my kids, too!  Now I'm back to doing it myself!

I'm playing one of my favorite Christmas CDs right not.  It's Andy Williams and the Williams Brothers.  My first into to them was when I was first married and I used to come home from my job to have lunch.  The Tennesee Ernie Ford show was on at noon and one of his regulars was a young fellow named Dick Williams.  He was Andy's older brother and I heard that he gave up his own singing career to manage Andy's.  The brothers still did things together and this CD is one of them.  I really like it!

Today is going to be a "finish up the Christmas stuff" day.  I have cards to get ready for the people who deliver things, a couple bags to fill and a couple things to wrap.  Then I'm ready!  I might also do a load of laundry.  I think Frankie will be staying overnight tonight so Visiting with her will be a high priority!

I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Amy

Good morning..

Another night of high winds but all is well here. Today is deliver gifts, then finish up a few things in the gift wrapping.........need to pick up a couple of chew bones to wrap for the dogs too.Oh need to get a gift card for the mail lady.

Supper night is an easy fix of leftover ham and scalloped potato with a vegetable to be picked out yet.

One of my favorite singers passed away Carlos Marin was only 53 yrs old and was a member of the opera group Il Divo.

https://tinyurl.com/2p8zjcrv

Jane, hugs are thee best gifts! Kyle says that a hug without a squeeze is like apple pie without cheese.
Enjoy your time with Frankie.

Lloyd, hope you found some zz;s.

I had better get moving here.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Anyone ever be in a "muddle" of thoughts, the mind just skipping back to something extra nice (or bad), in this case, super nice and unexpected.  I have a friend that is willing to be my adopted brother, he knows I am really lost without any brothers left. This past week Amazon delivered a package without a card, no name to say who sent, but I knew. I had been sad, no other word says it better, SAD. Can't remember allowing that feeling for a long time, I know it tends to get overwhelming and we forget how to put on a happy face. But this surprise gift kicked SAD out of the way and now my thoughts are how to let this person believe, really understand what a difference the gift meant. It wasn't just a "gift", it was a cyber hug, a pat on the back to tell me he knew how I was feeling. So I am not without brothers and in my world, that is the greatest gift of all. Just wanted you to share in this state of happiness/joy/contentment that brought tears, because he had a lot worse year than I did but was thinking about someone else. Maybe we never know when we touch someone just how important it is to that person. Wishing everyone an experience like this, brings back memories of long ago, better life!

so_P_bubble

phyllis

Make room for me, Bubble.

((((Shirley)))
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. It Is a Beautful sunny,day 22º Here IN MO. I had a good night's sleep. Just been up a short while. have to go eat.have not yet. Hope you all have a good day just like you like.

Lloyd

Amy

(((((( Shirley))))))

Me too Bubble and Phyllis.

Shirley, you have a wonderful adopted friend/brother.
Jimmy Dean

CallieOK

Shirley

Thank you, Bubble, Phyllis, Amy & Callie, I will pass those hugs on to my new brother, it is all about him. The whole meaning is that there still are caring people in this world and I only hope each of you find that special person hiding among us.  :christmastree:

JaneS

((((SHIRLEY))))  Me too!  Hugs are the best!

Tomereader1

Shirley ((((((()))))! And a Merry Christmas to you!

patricia19

Is there room for me to edge in there?  ((((((Shirley))))))

Lloyd Hammond

well It Is couple minuts after one Pm. sun is very bright and not a cloud in sight. It 46º now. I am going out and drain all of the water out of the RV. for winter. want it to be in shape to travel when I get nancy in the mood to travel with me.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good evening. Got a call yesterday and only help for today was 8-10. Well I did not sleep last night, never can when I know I hAVE TO WAKE EARLY. Just got a call and would be the same as today. Told her ai cannot go 2 nights in a row with no sleep, she said it was that or nothing so I get no one but at least I will get some sleep. I dozed at times this afternoon but mow really asleep. I know how I am when I don't gut  enough sleep, feels like I am coming down with something and with this new strain of the virus being worse I sure do not want to be run down and catch it.

PATRICIA  I must be crazy but I till like snow And will go down om the porch here and sit on my rollator at the edge where I can feel the show falling. I will not walk on the walks because I don't know how the rollator would be no snow tires for it.

AMY  I don't usually squeak but I sure have been the last couple or weeks.

Just heard on the weather Christmas morning cold and some rain. Maybe I should stay home.

SHIRLEY  things are not getting done in here and the ones I have been getting cannot cook or even wash dishes clean.
(((((((SHIRLEY))))))))  had to get in there, too.

JANE  I am hoping I sleep tonight. At times when  I go without sleep like last night I will catch 10 minute naps and that does not help.

I wish all of us a good sleep tonight.
Stay safe and healthy.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

RAMMEL

Jumping back a bit. ---
Lollygagging reminds me of what to me was a funny incident. Funny enough that I remembered it.
Back when my son was still with us we had the need to go to a hardware store. My son did "Handy Man" jobs - big and small - and often has been in this particular store so fairly well knew the cashier (a young lady with a walking problem [handicapped]). As we went to check out she said Hi, what have you been doing lately? Without much thought my son said "Aaah, just putzing around". The cashier immediately responded "I didn't think people did that any more". As I read that it doesn't seem very funny but at the time it did. As with lollygagging, putzing also seems to have gone the way of the dinosaur. The incident in the store was the first time I had heard it in years. Don't think I have heard it since.
My spell checker doesn't even know putzing.  :2funny:

By the way, my brain is often "muddled".
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Lloyd Hammond

good evening everyone. well the rv was already drained. or is froze up. I think IT was drained,I hope so any way. I am wore out for today so will check tomorow. also It has a flat tire, and my box trusk Is stuck, I guse tony or my son in Law done it i never. and they never told me, It Is full of severly 1oo, bord feet of funter grade fenished Lumber. I think I will try to higher some halp and get it puled out and the tire aired up and get It around and get it un loaded and then sell It. the people at the Insur co told me they are not telling to quit driveng, but they told me would be a good Ideal to. .there Is a flat tire on the RV also. Mabey I should get it fixed and sell the it and the truck also. I would like to see more of this world but Like they say I am too old to cut the mustard any more good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm getting ready to hit the haystack early tonight.  Morning came early today and I didn't really get a nap either.  So "Early to bed and early to rise" might make me "healthy. wealthy and wise"!

Rick, my husband and his father used to "putz" around!  It wasn't one of my words and I don't know where it came from for them.  My FIL's ancestors were mostly German and I had German ancestors too and I never heard that until I met them!

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

mycheal

Is there room for me to squeeze into the brother/sister act too ?
Orphaned now for the most part, Christmas brings that empty hole larger~ I survive it but is the most trying time of the year..
So one Happy Christmas to all and a Merry New Year , lets hope better than last :)

JaneS

MYCHEAL, my best wishes for you for the holiday season.  If you lived closer, you could join my family.  We love groups and there's always someone joining us!

Shirley

Jane, growing up we always had extras for Christmas, Mom made sure that neighbors that didn't come to eat had a plate full delivered by one of us kids or grands.

Mycheal, I did have 3 brothers so would be proud to claim you as well. Right now we have our gatherings at either of the oldest 2 grands because they are the ones with the greats and their houses are "kid proofed". Everyone brings food & I'm hearing that there's a football game going on so will be kinda noisy. Since we still have several grands unmarried it is a surprise every year at the new "significant others" we are introduced to so a new face in the crowd won't cause any hic-cup.

Thank you all for the extra hugs to pass on, I am feeling so much happier tonight for lots of reasons. I did get that phone call from the doctor's office and I still have antibodies for Covid so I can join the others for Christmas. I was excited to know those antibodies lasted more than a year, maybe I'm good for life?  The nurse that called warned me that "they" just don't know enough about Covid to know what to expect... but I feel like I'm as good off as being vaccinated & boosted. It would be easier to get the vaccinations, and long ago before I started having problems with all meds, I did get all the shots. I hope to get a good night of sleep tonight, the 4 hours & 5 or 8 minutes sleep the last 2 nights is not enough when I don't get a nap in.

Gloria, of all the electronics the kids think I can't live without, the Fitbit that tells me my sleep time is the one I would hate to give up most. It not only keeps perfect time but it keeps me honest about sleep & whether I need a nap or just getting lazy. Andy got all 3 cameras set up for motion all the way around the house... comes in on my iPad and also at HIS house. It will come in on my iPhone if I ever turn it on. ::) 

Time to say Good Night, Sweet Dreams, and God Bless. Thank you all for being so understanding and kind. Who needs a shrink when we have y'all to talk to???

Shirley

Okay, how many of you Googled "putzing around"..... haha... I've heard it but not growing up & I had German ancestors as well. The county in MO where my parents grew up was half French & half German. I did learn from those old days that there is a big difference in what area of Germany people came from.  People from one area were dancing, happy go lucky & loved their beer (they were the putzers) while a different area the people were more stern & serious about life. All were said to be hard working, though. My 2¢  worth!

patricia19

Shirley, where we used lollygagging in our family, mainly from my dad who pushed us kids to get up and out of the door each day, I'd heard of but not used putzed. I talked to my sister via email, and she mentioned a local Polish/Ukrainian Jewish family used the term. She thought it was either Eastern European or Jewish slang.

Amy

Good snowy morning..

We had a light dusting of snow during the night...not a lot to worry about.aka..no dancing!  :thumbup:

Meeting up with our friends then over to SIL to deliver a gift then home to put together a cherry cheesecake.

We won't be meeting up with kids till after Christmas but will have our Christmas dinner  on Christmas day. Do you know how difficult it is to find a small turkey??  Usually I will buy a turkey and get it cut in half but now stores just get in prepackaged meats and they don't have meat saws. Same with hams even the small ones last forever!

Lloyd, there comes a time we let go of things we used to do and find other interests in our lives. You enjoy wood working maybe dwell on that? Gardening is another you and Nancy enjoy. I had to hang up my carpenters apron for a kitchen apron. Times change, we just have to know when to change with them.

Gloria, good for you. Yvette can't come back soon enough!

Mycheal, join right in.Lots of room for you.

Better shake a leg and get moving.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

Jimmy Dean