Random Image

PA Bash

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:22:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 15, 2022

Started by so_P_bubble, January 15, 2022, 07:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Good morning..

Another chilly one here but no new snow.. :thumbup:
Neighbour is looking after the dogs while we are away in the city.

Gloria and Callie  would love to see more than one cardinal at a time. That must be a sight to see with the cardinals colouring. Callie, I looked up the Steller jay and he is rather striking with his top knot and colour!!

Jane, hope you were able to get some sleep and I would imagine your muscles are telling on you today. Keep putting the polysporin on.

Better get my city duds on.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, just check and it is  6° and feel like -minus7°.Anyone outside this morning if they do not have to be is crazy. I feel bad for some of those who have cars here and are out there now cleaning the snow off of them and then shoveling out the cars and moving them to the first row. All plowed there and when the cars are moved from the second row that will be plowed, same with the third row. With the last maintenance man he had a friend that would come and clean the cars off and move them. He charged $10.00 and most with cars gladly paid it. Maintenance man cannot move the cars.

I think I might be able to get some sleep now. Plowing is all done. Must be a new man, he really dropped the plow hard after each pass. The one we had dropped  the plow so we hardly hear it when we were awake.

Have a good day and stay safe. 

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning, No mater how earley I get up some one beats me. but AMY cheets she stayed up so she could post a minute ater midnight.when we had the farm I was doing demolatin and salvage of houses and large brick buildiengs. I tore one house down in warensburg MO. that was in a reised lot. and graeded the sight down to match the land seroundings, On it was a lot of the bulbs of the suprise lileys or naceid Ladies. I picked them up and our son Jeff Planted them all around the yard and the driveway. and they came up every year and got thiker they realey multply fast. I think I may stop by and dig up some and bring here, they are a treat to see. Now for bird feaders, I built one and put in the front an side of the yard, started off good but got over crouded and such a nasty mess in the yard, Itook it down , the beautey was not worth the mess espacely the mess under the roof of the front porch. I do how ever like the birds of natuer. My brother in azarina has severial nest of humming birds on his front porch roof. they will dive bomb you, espeacily a stranger there. I have have them at his place get right in the hair on the top of my head. I will see you all later. sun Is up bright here today, not a cloud in sight 29º and clear.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I slept pretty well last night and the ice helped my nose.  I'm going to try it on my forehead today.

My lifelong best friend moved into a care home after a short stay in the hospital and Cathy is taking me to visit her sometime today.  I'm sure she'll have something to say about my messed up face.  I'll be disappointed if she doesn't.  Me have a pretty fun relationship!

Gotta go and get ready for church.  I do it on lone for now and I don't like it as well and actually being there!  Have a good day.... better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Sandy

Falls can be deadly.

In fact, according to the World Health Organization, it is the second leading cause of accidental injury deaths worldwide.

We all need to be more aware of where  we stepping and
moving around (while sitting in chairs etc)

I know that I harp on this all the time.
Sorry about that. 

I am trying to train my self to walk slower
and watch more carefully where I walk and where
I sit.   And even where I sleep.   Because as
we all know falling out of bed can just as
harmful as falling out of a chair or miss stepping.

I am trying to prioritize how I move and where I
am moving to,  before taking a step. 

I am so sorry Jane that you fell and got hurt.

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

patricia19

Good morning from an Interior at minus 34 and heading for a possible high of minus 27.

Jane, I agree. When I fell back in February, they told me (After a hefty ER bill) that I had sprained my left leg and wrenched my hip. And that their expectation of two to four weeks recovery turned into thirteen weeks and a loss of 31 pounds because I couldn't be upright on the walker for long. All this from a supposed simple fall. Please be careful!

Shirley

Okay, my sympathy & lecture as well, Jane!  Do hope you heal up fast. :tissue:  :noway:  :stars:

We have spring today & tomorrow & then "all h*** breaks loose & temps as pleasant as the ice/snow maybe rain first, nobody knows, shows up.  Sounds like the winter we have not had for years!

And here comes Little Roadie... barreling across the back yard. I've been gone all morning so not sure how many times she checked in. Better go take her some oatnut bread.  :thumbup:

Amy

The day went amazingly well! I think we were both surprised ,roads were not busy on the way in, parking was available and the nicest young man did the MRI.
Before we left the sky was red and we thought something was coming and it did on the way home we not only got to enjoy lots of traffic and snow!! Not a lot and now we are in and have a fire going....nice and cozy!

Jane, hope your day went well .

Gloria, there is no need for that plow driver to do that! Our neighbour will get the mouth of the drive way where the snowplow puts a ridge in the morning and we don't even hear him.

Shirley, you remind me of my little chicken Miss Biddy she would come running for treats and loved donuts!

Patricia, you are in the deep freeze now. Just think one more day and a new month begins.

Sandy, falls scare the bejeepers out of me. I have fallen and as soon as I check arms ,legs ect out I bounce right back up.....ok. maybe not bounce back up but slowly get up and home no one saw that display!

Lloyd , you sure have worked hard all your life and now is the time for you to enjoy life.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

Amy, you said, "Patricia, you are in the deep freeze now. Just think one more day and a new month begins."

But, February is historically our coldest month and nature doesn't disagree,

Very Cold Over Interior Alaska Early This Week...

The Central and Eastern Interior of Alaska will see low temperatures in the 30s and 40s below tonight and Monday night, with highs in the teens and 20s below today, Monday and Tuesday.

East winds developing Tuesday along the Tanana River and over Summits of the Steese, Elliot and Dalton Highways will cause very cold wind chills and blowing snow from Tuesday into Wednesday. Low visibility in blowing snow will be possible over the highway summits Tuesday into Wednesday.

The Interior is expected to warm slowly during the second half of the week.

I was watching my Positano, Italy weekly Youtube video, and they had returned from England via France and by Provence. I was amazed to see that many area beaches are covered in slabs of natural white marble. The ancient statue carvers found their marble cheap and plentiful!

There is another Youtube I subscribe to and the girl raises the last word ending in a sentence similar to my Missourian father putting an I sound at the end of his. The girl was born and raised in Seattle, but I don't think the speech pattern originated there. Does anyone have any ideas?

patricia19

JaneS

I'm not a beach lover but I did love those scenes, PATRICIA!  I'm definitely ready for Spring!

Well, tomorrow I call the junk dealer and find out when he can pick up my car at the repair shop.  I bid it a fond "Goodbye".  It sure has done well for me.  It gave me a good 21 years including 6 trips to and from Texas to care for my Grandkids and the whole 19 of the 21 years, getting me back and forth to work! 

Thanks for all the admonitions and like you, SANDY, I've been telling myself it's time to slow down and watch where I'm stepping.  In the house is not a problem.  I'm all on one floor but I've always been an "outside lover" and it's hard to slow down out there.  I am looking forward to Spring but I think I was lucky to have fallen in the winter.  My well-padded winter coat probably saved me more "ouchies" than I want to deal with.

Now I'm off to the haystack to dig up some zzzzs!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Good morning..

Warmer this morning with a temp of 0°F much nicer than the -30° or so.

Plumber coming this morning to fix a leak in a tap ,they are friends and have done work for our clients when needed. Husband and wife team like us when we were in business.

Need some moo juice at the grocery store later and then home to do a bit of laundry.

Patricia...March is our unknown for weather......could be a day you don't need a heavy coat or is could be a major dump of snow! Loved watching the video of surfing. Would love to try that.

better get ready for the day.

Enjoy your day and stay safe..

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning AMY and anyone who arrives later.  When I opened this site, I thought I'd be talking to myself and then I left to meet Cooper's arrival and fed him, made myself some breakfast, came back and AMY had arrived.

I must look pretty bad because this is the first time Frankie has seen me since my fall and it wasn't even real daylight yet and her first words were, "Does that hurt as bad as it looks?"

I'm off to get myself dressed and then maybe a walk with Cooper and some housework.  I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning Ladies. JaneS How old is Frankie? Instead of yogart Our 3&1/2 year old great grand son that live next door In the other duplex. said to Nancy grandma I want some patoe chips out of that big bag,a apple and some ogart. grand Ma took care of his wishes and he took them and went home. we keep those little bages of chips for the great grand childern. don't know for sure but I think he was thinking he was getting short changed with the little bags. over about the same amountout of a big bag in a ziplock bag. all four of our great grands sure is a blessing to live next door. our oldest deaughter and her deaughter are bouth teaucher qualified. so the oldest deaughter takes the children up to her house three days a week and home schools them. I Have mixed emoations about that. yes they miss some of the bad but they also miss some good times with there peairs. the skyes are clear not a cloud in sight and 27º.  Gloria Like wise with your snow , I can do with out the slick snow packed roads. Like AMY said with hard work I also have had enough time on roads snow and ice coverd when i was driveing over the road. I have driven in 47 of the 50 states and canada also. well this book is long enough for now. see you all later.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning at 2° and feels like -9° with a bright blue sky. Looks beautiful with the white snow all around. This will be the day it starts getting dirty. I was looking at the roof and the peeks. The one at the end is bare in the back area and in the front it is hanging looks like almost 3feet from the building the way the wind was blowing it. In front of every peek they snow hanging from the roof gets smaller. The maintenance man was running the small plow gain this morning and of course woke me. I would not want to be the one who owns the car in this front row corner, looks like ice all around it. It it now between the lines of the space but half way where the cars cut that corner. Hope no trucks come along and clip it.

JANE  I had to back read to find out what happened to you and finally saw where you fell, but  really on your face? At least when I fell last year I don't know where I fell only that I came to on my back. Then that was more passingout than falling-took a month before I was home after that. PLEASE be careful. WE DON'T WANT YOU IN THE HOSPITAL AGAIN.

AMY  I don't think this new maintenance man is happy to be here, he was at one of their other buildings closer to where he lives. Probable angry that he had to come here while the storm was raging and had to plow. Wanted everyone to be up because he was here working instead of at home. I know Paul was off on week ends but if it started to snow he would leave his home if Conn. and head here. He tried to be as quiet as the machines would let him be. 

PATRICIA  Ok I copied/pasted those 2 links, will send them to family here and think to Yvette, too and ask her if she would like to be swimming in that surf in the second one.

JANE  I know how you feel about your car, I felt awful when I saw the tow truck take my one and only brand new one away after a bit over 20 years.

When I came to on my back on the floor I don't know where my rollator was or how I got there. Could not move at all. Then I heard someone at the door, son and DIL. He got me on my feet and then I was OK They insisted they take me to the ER. It was the result of too much antibiotics that new dentist where I had gone for years prescribed them. I know my last teeth have to come out and I am afraid to go to that dentist again and also afraid of taking any antibiotics. Because of my replaced right shoulder I have to take 4 antibiotic capsules an hour before going to a dentist now-to prevent infection.

SHIRLEY  love the name you settled on for that RIRed chicken. Now you have a bit of  the 13th colony as a neighbor.  BTW  if I remember right RI was the only state that did not back prohibition.

LLOYD  snow never kept me home from work but if it was bad by noontime I would leave and go home, a lot of us did that.

CNA has been here and gone at last.  It is now 25° and feels like 19°. A heat wave is almost here.   :smitten:  :snowball:

Have a good day and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

patricia19

Good morning, it's minus 36 and going to a high of minus 26. We will very slowly warm again until the 4th has a high and low of zero. Amy, March used to be the same as yours, but the last three have been snow dumps. I have no idea how I'll spend my day; nothing is pressing, so it may be simply on the couch and computer!

Amy

Patricia, we are now at +20° F I think the F is for finally!!! :thumbup:  Sky is as black as a boot and we are in for snow.....oh boy. Much nicer than freezing rain though..

Had a good visit with the plumber....always nice to see him. World needs a lot more like him he has such a gentle nature about him.
Jimmy Dean

patricia19

Amy, we've warmed all the way to minus 25, :)

Here is another continuous on a theme I started. This cam is from a Hawaiian Humpback whale Sanctuary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYfN7qic1rg

Denver

I do not know if anyone missed me, but I sure have been missing all of you‼️ (Thank you, Amy for your message).  The last day of the month of January....how did this happen? Seems at least half of this month just passed me by‼️  I must post today, no matter what.  I come in to read the posts but have to keep logging in, then my post is gone.....Quite sure it is operater error🤪🤪

Our three weeks of helping take care of our grandchildren is over and we are trying to settle back into our easy life.  It was fun, but I think we are too old for this😩🤪🤪🥰🥰🥰

I am going to post this IF I can.  Then I am going to attempt to start reading to see what all I have missed out on.

Have a wonderful day, EVERYFRIEND 🦋

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

CallieOK

Jenny,  glad to see you back again.  You have been missed.

Janie, so sorry about your fall and your car.  That's a "double whammy" you didn't need.  :'(

Dil who lives on the other side of town posted on Facebook that their house shook for "at least 15 seconds" this morning due to a 3.5 earthquake near the north edge of Oklahoma.  I was doing errands around my side and didn't feel a thing.

News said reports were that it was felt in Wichita.  Hope Shirley wasn't affected.

It was 73º and sunny here today.  I didn't need a coat while I was out - even while filling the gas tank. However, there are Winter Storm warnings for the entire state from tomorrow night through "maybe" Saturday or Sunday.  Biggest issue is supposed to be ice - although about 6 inches of snow is possible in the OKC metro area.  Either one will shut everything down.  Bleah!!!!
Glad I have plenty of that Beef Veggie soup still in the fridge.

Hope each of you is having a pleasant evening, will sleep well and have pleasant dreams.
TTYL

JaneS

hELLO Everyfriend!  Today was a pretty busy one!  I got a lot of stuff done around here but none of it shows.  My car is now in the junkyard.  They picked it up today and left me a check at the repair shop.  Cathy is going to pick up the check and deposit it in my account tomorrow.

I think I'll clean off my desk tomorrow!  if you could see it you'd know why I'm saying that!

LLOYD, Frankie is 27 (I think)  I can't keep up with their ages! She's my next to the youngest granddaughter!  She says she's probably never going to get married because all the guys she knows are dumb or mean!  I think there's someone out there who is right for her and he'll be around one of these days!

JENNY, Welcome back!  Good to "see" you!

Now I'm going to get the stuff done that I have to do before I hit the haystack.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Shirley

Callie, our reports in Wichita said it was a 4.5 quake so I checked & MY numbers are for Medford, OK today. Is that the one you are talking about?  I was out & about myself so didn't notice but have not done a check of paintings on the walls.  Have several that always look crooked after one. I wore a hooded sweatshirt when I topped off my gas tank, but wore a coat to Sam's earlier.

Jenny, I did wonder what was going on with you but such a crazy week at my house by the time I got thru whining about my life I didn't ask about anyone missing. I gave up on taking care of kids quite a while ago, but did explain that I could sit-sit (kids in bed) for emergencies.

Jane, I spent time mourning with you about your car. Don't they know they are supposed to run forever???  Nearly 10:00 & I've kind of snacked all evening but no real supper, think I will just go to bed. Maybe tomorrow will be better. (((hugs))) The waiting & wondering is over so now what to do, my stomach is churning for you.

Sweet dreams and God Bless.  Love ya'all.  Shirley

CallieOK

Shirley, yes, I was talking about the Medford earthquake.  I may have typed the wrong number but I know it was a big one.  Didn't hear if there was any damage.

Shirley

Our news media said no damage here but not sure about closer to Metford. I'm concerned about my daughter driving in from St.Louis tomorrow, that she gets here before "the mix" arrives. She is determined to get here for her 3 grands "Grandparent's Day". She worked while HER kids were growning up & now retired so thoroughly enjoying her 5 grands! Stay warm!

RAMMEL

There was a minor quake just over the border in Connecticut a couple of days ago.  I have noticed that when there is a quake somewhere there is often another within a few days somewhere else.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

so_P_bubble