Random Image

hoodie

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:32:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 1, 2022

Started by so_P_bubble, January 01, 2022, 03:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Amy, I wasn't going to post right now, got half a dozen things going & I can't keep "3 balls in the air" anymore. I have a good friend, same age as I am, & we laugh with each other about how many things we CAN'T do anymore & multi-tasking tops the list. The idea of adding codliver oil to his food what started me laughing. I bought a bottle of child's Benadryl when we were in CO some years ago, supposed to help with Tom's nervous tummy. He barfs in his cage on the way TO the RV, so not motions sickness. Put a few drops of that Benadryl on his fav foods & he refused to eat any of it, and he has been starving all his life. Bought some pills at the pet store to calm him down, he wasn't interested & could clean around them slick as a whistle. He honestly can eat twice as much as the girls, has normal poop & urine & keeps me busy cleaning the litter box every time he uses it. He gets weaker every day but perks up when I put a dish of food under his nose. I keep wondering if he is doing a con job on me pretending not to see...  :-\

We have storm warnings starting with rain this evening turning to snow overnight. Sure is needed but I did hope for a few nice days to enjoy a CLEAN car. I noticed in the bright sun yesterday evening when I took mail to the post office, that I missed a couple streaks on the front windshield & was going to clean them before taking the kids to the airport... but... I will head to top off the car with gas to make sure enough to last if we do have snow for a while. I keep the motorhome tank full in case of bad weather, can always run that generator to keep warm & use the frig & freezer. Bring it on, I'll handle it!  :thumbup:

Wishing all a great day. I need to go take care of Callie, was hoping she would take care of business while outside but that's not how she operates.... she is hunched up on the step to come in & will head straight to the utility room where HER litter box & training pad is, & I have decided to donate from my rag-bag, some small towels because she will water them down or any other cloth she finds on the floor. I just throw those rag-towels in the trash every evening & glad she used something other than a small rug!  Cat problems, I do have them!

Hi, Phyllis, how can we be half a country apart & expecting the same weather? Betcha YOU don't get the wind we are promised! Stay safe.

Sandy

Get well soon Rick.
Cellulitis is no fun!! 

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

patricia19

Good morning from an Interior that isn't promised wind, rain, or snow!

Amy, that forecast developing Friday into Saturday was for the lower forty-eight states, from the Dakotas through Maine and points south. We are included in another weather trajectory from Siberia through the Yukon territory.

Amy

Patricia, glad you're not getting more snow for now! We are in a freeze here - 2 at the moment but a nice sunny day. Check your email..sent you a cat toy :))
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

Thanks, Amy, will head there next!

Here is the latest on the US snowstorm from USA Today,"Major travel disruptions are expected with the storm throughout the Martin Luther King Jr., holiday weekend.   https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/01/14/winter-snow-ice-storm-path-weekend-south-east/6525628001/

Ice will be a particular concern with the storm in portions of the Carolinas. Meanwhile, Atlanta could see its first measurable snow in four years.

The storm's last stops will be the mid-Atlantic and Northeast after it takes a sharp turn to the north-northeast on Sunday and into Monday.

A winter storm began to dump snow across the upper Midwest on Friday as it made its way toward the South and eventually the East Coast, promising weekend weather havoc for millions of people.

As of Friday morning, more than 50 million Americans were under some level of winter weather alert, according to the National Weather Service. The alerts stretched from North Dakota to as far south as Georgia, then up into the Northeast in Pennsylvania.

Major travel disruptions are expected with the storm throughout the Martin Luther King Jr., holiday weekend, AccuWeather said.

The storm is known as a "Saskatchewan screamer," AccuWeather said, as it originated in that Canadian province. Meanwhile, the Weather Channel has named it "Winter Storm Izzy."

After pasting the Upper Midwest with up to a foot of snow in some areas on Friday, the storm is forecast to dive into the South on Saturday and into Sunday, spreading snow into cities such as Memphis and Nashville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina.

Memphis is forecast to see as much as 3 inches of snow, while up to 5 inches could fall in Nashville, the weather service said.

Atlanta is also in the path of the storm, which could end the city's nearly four-year streak without measurable snow.

Ice will be a particular concern with the storm in portions of the Carolinas. A weather service forecast office in South Carolina said "power outages and tree damage are likely due to the ice. Travel could be nearly impossible. Additionally, strong wind gusts may add more stress to ice-covered trees."

The storm's last stops will be the mid-Atlantic and Northeast after it takes a sharp turn to the north-northeast along the Eastern Seaboard on Sunday and into Monday.

Heavy snow is forecast to wallop portions of the region – especially the Appalachians and interior Northeast – with as much as 18 inches of snow by the time the storm winds down late Monday.

The best chance for heavy snow is expected to be north and west of the Boston-Washington Interstate 95 corridor, from parts of Northern Virginia to Maine, Weather.com said.

Virginia declares state of emergency
In Virginia, Gov. Ralph Northam declared a state of emergency Friday as the storm approached. State police are warning people to avoid travel during the holiday weekend due to the storm, just days after a previous storm halted traffic on part of Interstate 95.

State police are preparing for this latest round of winter weather and will have all available troopers on patrol to respond as quickly as possible to traffic crashes, emergencies and disabled motorists, according to a statement.

Virginia state officials came under intense criticism following a winter storm last week. Many motorists reported getting little assistance while they were stuck in gridlock on I-95, which according to officials began after a commercial vehicle jackknifed.

Winter storm preparedness checklist
The National Weather Service recommends you keep the following items in your car if you're traveling:

Mobile phone, charger, batteries
Blankets/sleeping bags
Flashlight with extra batteries
First-aid kit
Knife
High-calorie, non-perishable food
Extra clothing to keep dry
Large empty can to use as emergency toilet, tissues, toilet paper and paper towels
Small can and waterproof matches to melt snow for drinking water
Sack of sand or cat litter for traction
Shovel
Windshield scraper and brush
Tool kit
Tow rope
Battery booster cables
Water container
Candle and matches to provide light and in an emergency, lifesaving heat.
Compass and road maps, don't depend on mobile devices with limited battery life

patricia19

FYI, Southeast Alaska is included in the weather patterns of the western US states of Washington, Oregon and Northern  California, and Hawaii. These are in another geographical and geometric zone than the Interior or arctic portions of the state.

Shirley

Great news! Rick is getting sprung after while! :ambu:  :bravo:  :clap:

Should be home tonight. Richie called (I've pestered him enough so he picked the time today  ;) ).... 

Welcome Home, Rick!  :hello:  :tup:

Lloyd Hammond

well  Shirley that Is good newse,thanks. well all I have Is naped and cought up on some of the sleep I have missed. I sure hope it hasent messed up tonights sleep. Hope you all are haveing a day just as you Like It,

Lloyd

Amy

Temp is going to plummet tonight, we have a good fire going and will keep it that way. Neighbour popped over for a bit and brought some homemade donuts ,he said these aren't as big as your loaf of bread but they are tasty! Sent him home with 2 pieces of apple pie ,still warm from the oven.

Shirley ,that is good news and I bet Rick will be more than happy to get home and in his own bed.

Jane, how did your new canner work? Are you pleased with the outcome?

Gloria, where are you??
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

AMY, I'm still doing the reading and getting ready for the canner.  I'm going along with Cathy to WM tomorrow and getting the stuff to make Phyllis's 15 bean soup.  Hopefully, I can soak the beans overnight on Sunday night and make and can the soup on Monday.  There's a lot more to this canner than there is to my old one and it's just beautiful!

I completed the inventory of my freezer in the storeroom and I sure don't have to buy any ham for the soup!  And I found two containers of chicken broth in there that I can use.  with  so many people in my house cooking and me not cooking at all for almost 2 months, I lost track of what I had.  Now I'm back to normal!

I hope nobody gets frozen out or blown away in the upcoming storm!  I'm just going to "batten down the hatches" and sit it out!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

Remember when we couldn't find Lloyd & Nancy for a few days & talked about sharing our phone numbers & addresses with at least one other.... and Rick offered to be the "Keeper of those numbers & names".... I sent him mine & he sent me his so that's how this started. I also have Gloria's & she has mine, not sure who else has mine but we are a family in here & do worry about each other.

Got a call from my daughter, her oldest son (lives in Wichita) just tested positive for Covid. His wife's father died (in a nursing home) from Covid in the last couple months so they are all in the know.... 2 of her sisters & families (all live in another state) have also had it so they know what to do. The 2 youngest girls aren't vaccinated but the son has had the first shot/vac. I've offered my services, to leave anything that can't be delivered on their doorstep.

The wind has picked up, it's howling... radar shows rain/snow or ice to the north of us so we will be hunkered down tonight. I think we are still on the fringe of worst of it. Must go find Callie & Tiger, Tiger has a habit of hiding in a closet if she finds a door open & may be locked up somewhere. Last I saw of Callie, she was outside. Tiger showed up at the kitchen door, came in & went over to Tom & washed his face. He is laying by the "toe warmer" vent under the sink. Laying on my new Gel Pad Andy & Pam gave me for my birthday. Boy, they are NICE.... from Bed,Bath & Beyond.

Hi, Jane, sure doesn't take long to get out of our grove. I need to defrost my freezer but will have to wait a while longer. You have a lot of cooking equipment, some of mine has gone to the storage shelf downstairs & I still haven't bought an air fryer.

JaneS

SHIRLEY, I'm so sorry to hear that COVID has taken over in part of your family.  It can be scary.  Frankie is avoiding me until she's sure she isn't carrying it from her coworker.  Also, I also have some telephone numbers but many of the ones I have them for are gone.... I truly miss them and even though I've never met most of them face-to-face, it's like the loss of a good friend!

I don't have a "lot" of cookware, SHIRLEY.  I have the necessities.  My pressure canner is almost 50 years old and it's the kind that needs to be on a burner on the stove.  It has some rust spots on the outside and every time I use it, I worry about the canned goods AND the stove top.  I put off getting a new one for a long time because I thought I didn't have that many more years to use it.  Now I've decided that the years it's used don't matter.  My daughter will use it when I'm gone and I can stop worrying about the old one. 

I'm heading for the haystack because when I get up tomorrow, I have to get ready to GO!  Cathy is taking me with her when she goes to WM so I can get my hair cut while she shops and I'll be able to get some birthday cards and a couple other things that I need to ge myself instead of having her do it for me.  And I have to get a shower and be ready when she gets here.  She promised to text me when she's getting in the shower so I have time.

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

so_P_bubble