Random Image

poinsettiab

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:47:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for February 1 , 2022

Started by so_P_bubble, February 01, 2022, 12:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

I did watch the chipmunks, Rick, thanks. We get to play with them at St.Elmo's in Colorado. Got photos of my boys playing with them when they were young teens & again in their 50s. Not the same critters that we have here.

Patricia, I did watch the link you posted but was earlier today & I forgot what it is. My brain is tired tonight & struggling with staying awake.

Jenny, Cas used to get zapped every 6 months but not nearly as bad as his brother. Yours is probably altitude related, worse sun rays up high, doesn't take much to get a burn out there. Cas' brother lives in eastern TN with the water & ground polution. He was saying last time we talked that he "doesn't know anyone around there that hasn't battled cancer". Good you keep watch! So nice that you can stay with the kids, are they doing okay? My boys are going out early/mid June to Cascade campground, next higher up from Mt.Princeton. They made reservations the first of Jan & were disappointed EVERY week end was taken & it was before they were supposed to make reservations. So they only have the 4 days & Andy hopes to get out early & snag one of the non-reservable & hope the host will let him trade his reservable so they can stay the full week. Once moved in they can keep that one for 2 weeks, so Andy's wife & maybe kids may come out later. Pete will have just returned from a week in Hawaii and they have gone to CO the last few years so his "significant other" can run the Pike's Peak race. She keeps in shape & has no problem with the altitude. They have a place reserved from year to year & take along the mountain bikes to ride. She isn't a camper.

Well, Gloria, I do have a gr-daughter & family living in that historic part of the east, & they love it. They have 2 young ones & "go on an adventure" every week end, to see every battle field or park. Both of them are engineers & have been able to work from home part time, & lucky that both pairs of grandparents will come stay with the kids when there is a crisis. With Covid the kids have been home a lot because someone in their class got the virus. As far as they know, their kids have never had it. They tried to find a nanny but seems people don't want to work (sound familiar?).

Amy & Patricia, we have one weather guesser saying we might get 10" of snow Wed.night into Thursday. They changed the guess of 71° on Tuesday to 66° with a low of 53, but the bottom drops out Wed. We'll see how this pans out, snow blower still ready to roll. Until then we are under a red flag warning for wind & fires. At 9:00 pm it's still 50° tonight.

I am ready to get jammies on & go to sleep. Callie is still outside so will get her in & serve them some milk & hit the sack. Going to try to rake up those darn sweet gum balls for the dumpster tomorrow.... still a mess of them all over the yard & driveway. No good easy way to clean them up but rake & scoop up.  >:(   Sweet dreams & God Bless...

JaneS

Read Everything/  Bless you all!  Take care of YOU and YOURS!

I made a pot roast in my new Dutch Oven today and I finally know why my mother had one.  This is my first real contact with one since I left home but my mother always made good use of her and today, the pots roast told me why!  It was scrumptious!

Now I'm off to the haystack!  I sure hope it's packed with zzzzs!  I fell asleep twice while I was watching my TV shows.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

patricia19

Good night everyone, sleep tight! It's just after 7 PM here, and it's minus five out there, up from this morning's minus 35. Perhaps we will have those warmer temperatures they promised us a couple of days ago. If it warms and we find some moisture and more snow, we may change our name to Buffalo.

Rick, love the chipmunks! They aren't in Alaska but our squirrels are sized midway between the larger squirrels you folks have in the lower 48 and the chipmunks. Squirrels here are smart dastardly creatures who get into everything.

Shirley that YouTube was about how playful bull terriers are. They tend to get the zoomies a lot.

I have two other funnies. One is from an actual court transcript,  Confusion in the court;

ATTORNEY: Madam, are you currently married?

WITNESS: Yeah. Kind of. No. Not really. Sort of.

The second is a quote from Andy Rooney, "It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."

RAMMEL

Quote from: patricia19 on February 14, 2022, 11:29:13 PMSquirrels here are smart dastardly creatures who get into everything.

Several years ago there was a PBS (I think) show that showed squirrels being "tested" for their ability to run obstacle courses to get to the food.  The always found a way to get to the food. I believe it was an English group that did it.  I'll have to try to find it somewhere on the net. Very entertaining.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

so_P_bubble