Random Image

Family 2018

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:36:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 15, 2022

Started by so_P_bubble, January 15, 2022, 07:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gloria

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR KANSAS 'SISTER' SHIRLEY

:hb2:                :hb3:               :hb2:                         

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good afternoon. we just had noon meal, and for the dezeart we had pie,chocklet filling in AMY's nut crust. with whiped toping on It,very good. thanks AMY for it.

Lloyd

Shirley

Thank you, Amy, Phyllis, Patricia & Gloria. You know, this does feel like family of long ago, a little more spread out....  :kitten:  :party:

Phyllis, like you, I dread ice more than snow. Sorry so many without power. We had 8 days without about 9 years ago was a nightmare. We opted to stay in the house to keep the fireplace going in hopes of saving the water pipes. Got a generator but had to run 4 hours & off 4 hours so did save the pipes but lost some foods. Stay safe!

Tomereader1

Happy Birthday, Shirley.  Hoping it's a "warm one".

Shirley

Thank you, Tome, it certainly has been a busy day. It actually did warm up enough to melt all of the snow, but first thing this morning the trees were spectacular with their frosty branches. I tried to take a photo with my phone/camera & it decided not to work. The battery has been trying to tell me I need a new phone, won't hold a charge. Never liked this one because it is so small & has ATTITUDE! iPhoneSE or something. No photos, anyway. The iPad does a good job with pics but I still don't know how to get them from the iPad to e-mail or computer. duh......... Thanks for the birthday wishes.....I am now officially 87.

Sweet dreams to all, God Bless. 

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley I know It Is Late and all you have gone to bed,except me. and I was but can not get my miend to shut down and let my eyes go shut so fr. If you get out of power again do not let food spoile. I have a aircooled welder genareator that has a 220 outlet on it I am sure we could wire ti up to your electricy in your house. you know we have to be nice to older peopel, and I would never guesed had you not let the cat out of the bag. good night and sweet dreams I am going to try it again. Nancy has the heated matres pad on.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning..
A day of dancing here..snowed during the night and it is still falling. I guess one shouldn't complain as we have been lucky so far.

Phyllis, I don't mind snow but really dislike freezing rain. We are ok here with the cookstove and generator but a lot are without heat in power outages.

Making this short, music has started ,time to waltz.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!

Well, I missed two birthdays yesterday.  SHIRLEY, I hope yours was a good one and that you'll celebrate many more before you decide not to have any more!!  I'm thinking along those lines.  If we decide not to have them, does that mean we stay the way we are now?  Maybe, on our birth day we should start subtracting.  Would that work?

I didn't get in here last night.  I decided that I'd better get my soup canned yesterday just in case we had a power outage today.  I didn't want to risk losing it all.  And I was tired up the gazoo last night so I hit the hay early.  I was in bed and ready for sleep at 9:30 and I don't think I've gone to bed that early since I was 10!  Naps...yes but not bed for the night!  And I have 15 pints of Phyllis's 15 Bean soup to show for my efforts.  One didn't seal but that's OK. I have enough more for about a half a canner full plus redoing that one.  That's my job for today....If the power stays on!

And I better go get dressed and get started.  I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Jane, heard that I-90 was closed down to truckers and not sure if it is open yet. Talked  with David and he is parked up in Erie and he said there is more than 2 feet of snow there. I am not complaining about the 3-4 inches we have at the moment but if it doesn't stop snowing we will have 2  feet!! Decided to wait a bit before having the dance may have to do it twice. At the moment one can not see all that far, coming down with a vengeance at the moment. Apparently to the south of us they received a lot more snow than us!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS If we stop Haveing Birthdays think of all the fun we would Miss with our grad children an even more the great grands. we love them all but the youngest is 2 years old and honery boy chield, and a miend of his owen and dose he let you know it. the four we have in the other duplex next dore the two oldest are girls and two youngest are boys. All of them show there love, but the younget girl sneaks out ther back door and into ours and passes out good hugs, On here owen, no coaxing nesarry. Our weather is 27º and sunny today. Have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

JaneS

Well, I haven't started the canner yet.  My neighbor plowed my driveway and I decided that I needed to salt the areas where there was ice under the snow.  The snow seems to have stopped at somewhere between 3 and 4 inches but they're saying we could get more later today.  I have no plans to go anywhere and nothing to go in.  My car is still sitting out there playing dead!  My son says, "Sit tight! I have a plan!"  Exactly HOW does one "sit tight"?

LLOYD, it sounds like your move to the duplex was a good one if only for the visits from the little girl with the hugs!  You are one lucky guy!  I hope you know that.  I'd give anything to get hugs from my greatgrands but Oklahoma is a long way from Pennsylvania!  I do get face time calls but it's not as good as a hug.

AMY, I sure hope David is OK and doesn't have to sit around too long.  He doesn't strike me as someone who enjoys sitting still for long periods of time! 

I'm off to the kitchen!  I also have a couple of crossword puzzles from the newspaper that I haven't attacked yet.  Have a good day, whatever it brings

RAMMEL

" Exactly HOW does one "sit tight"?"
You get out one of those bottles you tell us are for cooking.  Unscrew the cap, take a nip. If not tight yet, repeat the process. Keep repeating till desired result is achieved.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Denver

GOOD MORNING EVERYFRIEND and belated
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES
🦋 SHIRLEY 🦋

I could not understand WHY I could not post, and finally discovered that I was not logged in🤪🤪

First off, thank you, Rickie, for letting us know about your dad.  RICK, so happy you are home and hopefully  you are feeling stronger everyday.

JANE, happy you were able to get your hair cut😘 Hope you are not still "holding tight"‼️🤪. I still use that phrase but not sure exactly how one does this!

AMY..."one day closer to spring" 🤪🤪🤪🤪

GLORIA, any of us that have managed to avoid Covid I do believe we are on borrowed time.  I no longer think in the line of "if I get Covid, rather WHEN"......that being said, I hope you or anyone reading this AND MY DAD never get it! 

We will be heading to Dr. Dave's shortly for another week of staying with the grandkids.  Last week went fine and everyone survived our "being in control"🤪🤪😘

I wish you all a good day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Quote from: RAMMEL on January 17, 2022, 12:52:15 PM" Exactly HOW does one "sit tight"?"
You get out one of those bottles you tell us are for cooking.  Unscrew the cap, take a nip. If not tight yet, repeat the process. Keep repeating till desired result is achieved.

Good one Rick!! :roflBig:
Jimmy Dean

Amy

Snow is cleaned up for the moment. What was 3-4 inches this morning early turned into 12-15 inches
 in some areas up past my knees! Not many out on the roads today. Not sure if there will be a dance tomorrow or not but snow is still gracing the ground.

Jenny, I can't imagine you being in control,well maybe with a soft heart and lots of hugs and kisses.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

RICK, in case you're wondering, that's me rolling on the floor and laughing below AMY'S post.  She thinks it's her but it's not!  And now, I think I'll try your suggestion!  I don't have anywhere to go or a vehicle to go in.  It's the perfect time....NOT!

I finished canning the soup and I have 7 more jars.  Plus, the one I thought didn't seal yesterday had second thoughts and sealed itself in the fridge overnight.  I think I'll just leave it there and eat it first, just in case!  That's a total of 23 jars.  I better start eating it right away.  Frankie likes it too!

Now, my first load of laundry has stopped drying and my second one has stopped washing so I better take care of that little job. 

JENNY, you are so lucky to have the major part of your family close by.  I would love to be closer to mine. 

Enjoy the rest of your day.  The snow is still holding off here.  I'm hoping we're finished.  Frankie is quaranting until her COVID test comes back.  The gal she works with the closest has the virus and the store is sending Frankie a test and she won't go back until the test results are in.  She's not communicating with anyone except Cooper!  And I miss them both.

Shirley

Stopping by to say good night. My day is full of taking care of cats & talking to a little red hen that lives next door.... watching birds out my window & texting & talking to my 3 kids. One of these days I will get the bigger jobs done needed around the house.

Tom had a bad day, he did spend some time outside in the sun but seemed more confused about where he was back in the house. He enjoys his food, hungry all the time, but not sure I am making it better for him to keep him alive. He doesn't seem to be in any pain.... and I am tired so better shut up & get to bed.

Lloyd, not sure I thanked you for the offer & suggestion about a generator. You have a very kind heart. I take comfort in having a motorhome with generator & all the conveniences and could even drive it over to get a connection to electricity if the need arose. We are lucky to have these extras in case of power out.

I'm heading to bed, sweet dreams and God Bless. It is still in the mid 40s tonight so CallieCat wanted back outside. She really appreciates her freedom & wearing a heavy fur coat to keep her warm.

JaneS

Today was a good day all around....

The snow stopped at about 3 inches and didn't start again...
My neighbor plowed my driveway and front walk...
I finished the soup...
I got two loads of wash finished and put away...
I finished 2 crossword puzzles and two word jumbles...
I took a walk...
I answered a bunch of emails...
I paid some bills...
I emptied all the trash cans inside...

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow and may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone.we are stuck on that 27º and sunny the weather gusser Is saying agan today. It Is still dark outside so I will have to take there word for it. I had a little beter night last night than yesterday. I hope you all have a day just like you like it.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning..
Warmer this morning starting out at 2° and a beautiful full moon out.

If roads permit I will take Kyle to pick up more pine this morning. When home will tidy up the snow blowing and the drifting from the high winds last night. We are to get another storm passing through today. Just let the dogs back in and I can see their path has a lot of wind blown snow in it.

Jane, you had a busy day yesterday!

Shirley, have you named your Rhode Island hen?

Lloyd, glad you had a better nights rest.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

Shirley, I am sorry to hear that Tom is having trouble. At times I think my Lucy might be getting a bit senile. She kind of starts off to do something and stops and stares like she is trying to figure out what she wanted to do in the first place. She had a thyroid condition and as lost her hearing. She is eating well, but not gaining much weight.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, plow just went through the parking lot spreading sand. Even the walks look shiny. Hope no one has to get out before the maintenance guy shows up and spreads the ice melt. Had some CNA's in the building before he showed up yesterday, it was a holiday so he left as soon as he did a little ice treatment. Witch took the day off of course. I just about got out off bed yesterday morning a little after 8 and the CNA was here. Bad enough when that miserable Karren sends one at 9 and I told her that is too early now she send one at 8 and did not let me know. I like the one she sent or I would have sent her away but it would hurt the CNA and me more than that stinker at the company. She told me she was sliding walking across the parking lot.
When I pulled up the shade in the bedroom and looked out I was surprised to see that big moon and a few white clouds in the sky. Maybe the sun will warm it up later? Nah will still be too cold for me to even think of going to the door and look out and get a breath of fresh air. On top of being in the teens it was pretty windy with 40+mph gusts. We don't usually have winds like that.

SHIRLEY  one year before Christmas we had an ice storm and were without power. Had to cook the meat in the freezer and the 5 of us were tired of meat before the power was restored I am still not a big meat eater. The electric being restored on Christmas Eve was a good present that year.

LLOYD  my oldest son has a big generator from when he had a welding shop and he has used it in his house when power was out. Does no happen often in this town.

AMY rather the snow than ice.

JANE  maybe this year I should try subtracting a year and see if it brings back some off the energy I had last year? That was when the dentist gave me so auch anti biotics I ended in the hospital, the worse February 2nd I ever had.

RICK  thanks for my morning laugh. Love your explanation of "sit tight"

JENNY  I have been staying in my apartment only my sons and the CNAs have been in and they had all the shots and the CNAs keep their masks on. I have them wash their hands when they come in. If the tell me they just did down stairs I tell them you touched the elevator buttons and the door handles since then. I have a dispenser of soap for them in the bathroom and a roll of paper towels. If I could do things myself I would not have any CNAs in here. They work with many different clients and who knows if they are all protected-if all the shots help.

AMY  glad I am not the only one who laughed with Rick's explanation of "sit tight"

JANE  with this weather and your talking about the 15 bean soup I think I will take a container out of the freezer to have later. I no longer make it, no room in here for a big pan and what I have are too small. My older son is turning into a pretty good cook since he retired. Prayers that Frankie does not get the Covid.

AMY  Glad you saw that beautiful moon this morning. I looked out half an hour later aht the cky was no longer as clear and the moon looked like it was a mist around it and the sky was over cast. Glad I saw it when it was nice and clear and even the clouds were white from the glow of the moon. Get it right, that is a Rhode Island Red Hen. We Rhode Islanders want our names right you know. Just because we are small we have to make a big noise about what we have. :smiley6600: :tickedoff: :2funny: ;D

Have a good day, stay warm and safe.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!

This is going to be a shortie because my son is supposed to be picking me up for a Dr. Appt in about 15 minutes.  It's snowing again so I'm not sure what's going to happen.  I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Gloria

I meant to ask earlier if any of you have bought the new mask they call fish mask because it is pointed > The number of it is KN95. Don't waste your money.
I bought a package of them and soft they are NOT. Stiff like carboard on your face. Try to talk and it keeps moving up to your eyes. I thought it was me but the CNA yesterday and today has them. The company told them they were the best and wants them to wear them. Of course they do not supply them. They want them to wear gloves and gives them one box a month, it lasts a week because they have to keep changing them, I know Yvette always had to buy gloves and she bought the kind that fit, not the cheap ones supplied. The CNA today and yesterday bought her own gloves, too, so she would have them when needed. Masks cost more than the gloves. Masks I have that fit the best  that I have were made by a good friend and wash good, not made to throw away.

Amy

Gloria, I did think it was a good reply to Janes "sit tight". I had just come in, tired/frustrated from trying to move the 12+ inches of snow and sat at the computer and all frustration went away when I read Ricks post. Can't you just picture Jane being "tight"?

Second go of snow cleaned up,a lot was from drifting so all set for the next snack of snow.
Jimmy Dean

Tomereader1

I don't think the K95's masks are supposed to be "soft", they are supposed to have enough layers to protect you from droplets.  I have some of them, and they fit well if you need to adjust the ear straps and the nose piece.  The cloth masks that so many good folks sewed are supposed to be almost pointless unless they have one of those plastic filters that fit inside.  They say hold the cloth mask up to the light and if you can see light, then it won't do the job it's intended for.

JaneS

I'm ready to head for the haystack.  I'm tired but I got a good report from the dr. today.  This was my biyearly checkup and I'm always happy when it goes well. 

And I have to say that I rechecked my son's text and he didn't tell me to "sit tight".  He told me to hang loose.  Now here I've been sitting tight all this time and nothing is happening and it must be because I have to "hang loose".  If I just knew how to do that!  When I get up tomorrow, I give it a try!

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow. And may God bless us, every one!

Shirley

I did order the KN95 masks but discovered they are many different kinds. My daughter bought the ones called "fish masks" & think hers were the KN94. When I talked to Richie (Rick's son) the other day he mentioned he'd bought a pack of 30 & wore them thru a whole conversation so I bought the only ones on Amazon that had 30 & KN95. I think they are comfortable & do not rub my mouth, not too tight behind my ears & stay in place (under my chin) with no effort. Now we have 2 more grands & significant others that tested positive for the virus, it is spreading so fast our hospitals & personnel are crying for help.

Okay, sit tight, I'm heading to bed! Oops, hang loose, Jane! Congrats on the good Dr report! Sweet dreams & God Bless.

patricia19

Jane, I'm not sure what Rick will tell you, but I'm sure that either sitting tight or hanging loose will go good with a little nip.

Shirley

Looks like I am first up this morning. Tom stirred & didn't get back in his bed so I thought I may as well get up & fix his breakfast. As anyone that has ever been on a death watch with a pet knows, this is sad, no way to tell if he would be better off with his last moments in terror or if better to let him die naturally. He still purrs when I pet him. Sorry to be such a downer but hard to think of anything else right now. It is Wednesday morning, laundry waits, I need to trim my hair a little before a shower & washing hair. Then off to Sam's Club & clean house before #2 son comes for a visit when he gets off work. Will need a nap sometime during the day, need to quit whining, too. I really don't mope all day but when I sit down & think this is how the mind works.

And now I'll use Lloyd's expression, "Have a great day, just the way YOU like it!" Spring is just around the corner. My Surprise Lilies/Naked Ladies, what every you call them are out of the ground & ready to "spring up".

Here you go, anyone with snow on the ground... love to join you in a snow ball fight!  :snowball:  :snowman:  :tup: