Random Image

Beverly

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:37:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Trivia Quiz 2016-2018

Started by RAMMEL, April 03, 2016, 10:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyne

Interesting that most of the products in the quiz, are still available, and on the shelves of most stores. I still prefer Maxwell House Coffee. :cup:

Rutumi - love your Pepsi jingle!  I liked it better than CocaCola, but like you, I wasn't allowed to drink either one, because of teeth!  I had braces on my teeth for about three years in the 1940's, and couldn't have candy, gum, cola drinks, or popcorn.   

so_P_bubble

Most interesting!
Where I grew up we never had these ads, jingles or whatever, even though many of these products were sold in Congo.
I don't even remember hearing publicity on the local radio and of course we had no television until probably the mid 60s

Chia

I have put together a new Quiz...I hope there are not too many repeats of ones in the past...

1. In science, how long is an eon?

2. Which Patriot leader organized the Boston Tea Party in 1773?

3. What is a company of Parrots called?

4. What do you call the small image icons used to express emotions or ideas in digital communication?

5.What is the largest planet in our solar system?

6.What does the acronym DNA stand for?

7. In movies, a clue or piece of information which is intended to be misleading, is known as what?

8. The desire to eat strange things that are non-nutritive is known as what?

9. What football team had the biggest scoring comeback in the history of the Super Bowl?

10. Which political party promotes individual liberty, free markets, non-interventionism and limited government?

11.What star of the movie Basketball Diaries did not win his first Oscar until 2016??

12.What is the name for a meat dish made from finely chopped raw beef often served with onion, capers, seasonings and raw egg?

13.The taste that allows us to taste savory foods is called what?

14.Schrödinger's cat is a thought experiment dealing with which type of mechanics?

Marilyne

#4: Digital icons: Emoji's?

#8: Desire to eat strange things: Pica? 

angelface555

#7 is a red herring.

angelface555

#14 is about quantum mechanics.

so_P_bubble

12. yummy steak tartar. In French it is called American filet (fillet?)

Chia

Marilyne, Angel and Bubble's answers are correct...Continuing...

1. In science, how long is an eon?

9. What football team had the biggest scoring comeback in the history of the Super Bowl?

10. Which political party promotes individual liberty, free markets, non-interventionism and limited government?

11.What star of the movie Basketball Diaries did not win his first Oscar until 2016??

junee

No 1. In science an eon is about 1 billion years.

9.  The Patriots

Chia

Correct answers Junee...Continuing:

RAMMEL

Would that be Jupiter?
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Chia

Correct Rammel...Please Everyone... try another  one... Continuing:

RAMMEL

I'm not big into politics but I'll take a stab at ---

Conservative
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Radioman34

Chia

Rammel..Not the answer I have...but Radioman came up with the right one...
Continuing:

Marilyne

#6: DNA stands for deoxyribonucleic acid

junee

3. A pandemonium.            ;)

angelface555

#13 is Umami. I used to sell a hot sauce in three varying styles called that.

so_P_bubble

Chia

Everyone had correct answers....
Just one question left...and anyone can answer it..

angelface555

#11.    Leonardo DiCaprio is the star of the movie Basketball Diaries who did not win his first Oscar until 2016.

Chia

Angel answered the last question correctly ending the latest Quiz with these results:

1. In science, how long is an eon?..ANSWER..A BILLION YEARS..BY..JUNEE

2. Which Patriot leader organized the Boston Tea Party in 1773?..ANSWER..SAMUEL ADAMS..BY..BUBBLE 

3. What is a company of Parrots called?..ANSWER..PANDEMONIUM..BY..JUNEE

4. What do you call the small image icons used to express emotions or ideas in digital communication?..ANSWER..EMOJIS..BY..,MARILYNE

5..What is the largest planet in our solar system?..ANSWER..JUPITER..BY..BY RAMMEL

6.What does the acronym DNA stand for?..ANSWER..DEOXYRIBONUCLEIC ACID..BY..MARILYNE

7. In movies, a clue or piece of information which is intended to be misleading, is known as what? ..ANSWER..RED HERRING..BY.. ANGEL

8. The desire to eat strange things that are non-nutritive is known as what?..ANSWER..PICA..BY..MARILYNE

9. What football team had the biggest scoring comeback in the history of the Super Bowl?..ANSWER..NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS..BY..JUNEE

10. Which political party promotes individual liberty, free markets, non-interventionism and limited government?.ANSWER..LIBERTARIAN..BY..RADIOMAN

11.What star of the movie Basketball Diaries did not win his first Oscar until 2016?? ..ANSWER..LEO DiCAPRIO..BY..ANGEL

12.What is the name for a meat dish made from finely chopped raw beef often served with onion, capers, seasonings and raw egg?..ANSWER..STEAK TARTARE..BY..BUBBLE

13.The taste that allows us to taste savory foods is called what?..ANSWER..UMAMI..BY..ANGEL

14.Schrödinger's cat is a thought experiment dealing with which type of mechanics?..ANSWER..QUANTUM MECHANICS..BY..BY  ANGEL

Today is Thanksgiving Day in the USA and I wish all a pleasant day with your families ..and thanks to all for your answers... :thumbup:

so_P_bubble

Great Quizz Chaia, thanks!

Chia

My Pleasure Bubble... :)

Marilyne

A nice quiz break for the busy holiday!  Thanks Chia!  :)

angelface555

junee

Chia, another good quiz.

Chia

Chia

This could be my last Trivia Quiz for 2017.. and here it is:

1.  What musical term is indicates a chord where the notes are played one after another rather than all together?

2.  Good King Wenceslas is a popular Christmas carol. But of which German country was Wenceslas king?

3.  "Les Fauves" was a name given to a group of artists that included Matisse. What is its literal meaning?

4.  What is the name for a line of poetry with twelve syllables consisting regularly of six iambic feet, with a pause after the third?

5. In which sport are barani, Rudolph and Randolph all techniques?

6.  Which gas is formed when a hydrogen bomb is detonated?

7. What color does gold leaf appear if you hold it up to the light?

8. Shostakovich's Symphony No. 7 is a musical tribute to which battle of World War 2?

9. Which Jacobean dramatist wrote "The Alchemist?

10. Where would you find an oxbow lake?

11.  How many legs does a lobster have?

12.  The Cassegranian, Schmidt and Gregorian are all types of what scientific instrument?

13. What is a group of porcupines called? 

14. What is name of the world’s largest and most powerful particle accelerator?

angelface555

#8 is a tribute to Leningrad, formerly St. Petersburg. The orchestra's premiere was conducted by Shostakovich and performed by starving musicians during the Nazi siege of the city.