This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - Jeanne Lee
This is Ken again,
It's with a heavy heart that I tell her dear friends, Jeanne Lee passed at 9:00 AM Thursday morning, Jan 11, 2018.
Alice (her daughter) and I were at her side when she passed very peacefully. The last words she spoke to me Monday, were, "What would I do without you?" She paused a moment, took a breath and then said "I'm going to be with Jesus soon".
Her friends, her family and her faith gave her so much joy and comfort. She considered all of you her family. Pat, she loved you and thought of you as the sister she never had.
My brain tells me I will miss her less as time move on, my heart is not so sure. There will never be a day that goes by I will not think of her. She was a good friend and a dedicated mother.
Per her wishes, she will be cremated and there will be no memorial service other than a mention during Sunday's church service.
Hi everyone. My name is Ken Corson. Jeanne Lee is my Mom. I wanted to let her friends here know that my Mom is in the hospital. As many of you know, my Mom has been ill for a number of years. She suffers from COPD. She's been doing relatively poorly recently and I was busy getting the wheels rolling to move her into a Nursing Home. I was here last Friday and she was in very good spirits and actually looking forward to this new chapter in her life.
I came up to see her yesterday to finish dotting "I's" and crossing "T's" to get the show on the road. When I saw her yesterday, I was floored as she had gone downhill VERY dramatically in a very short period of time. She has had a DNR for quite some some, and after consulting with the doctors here at the hospital, we agreed that keeping her comfortable was really the only thing that could be done, so ......... here we are. She is comfortable. I was frankly surprised that she made it through last night. She is a stubborn and tenacious lady, but she is tired ....... so very very tired. The fight is over and she wants to be with God.
She has been pretty involved in this web site for some time and it gave her a GREAT deal of joy helping other Seniors navigate both this site and the internet in general. She also made MANY friends here and that also gave her so much happiness. I'm terribly sorry to deliver this news in an area of the forum that is supposed to be fun, but I wasn't sure where to connect with all of you wonderful folks.
I'm sitting next to her now. She is so peaceful. If you are religious, feel free to pray for her. If not, please, wish her luck on the journey on which she is about to embark. She's been my Mom for 65 years and I will miss her terribly.
if anyone wishes to contact me for any other information, I can be reached at
Lastly, I just want to thank EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR BEING HER FRIEND.
Since some folks would like to see this started up again, let's give it a try.
Remember, if you provide an answer to a request you must request another subject.
Let's start off with
Show me a photo of a waterfall.
Do you supposed we could convince the therapists that the very best therapy for Joan would be for her to come back to be in charge of the Soda Shoppe?
Another of Phyllis' beautiful creations.
*Things I've Learned From My Children*
01. A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. foot house 4 inches deep.
02. If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.
03. A 3-year-olds voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
04. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing Batman underwear and a superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20 by 20 foot room.
05. You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using the ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.
06. The glass in windows (even double pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
07. When you hear the toilet flush and the words "Uh-oh," it's already too late.
08. Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
09. A six-year-old can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year-old man says they can only do it in the movies.
10. Certain Legos will pass through the digestive tract of a four-year-old.
11. Play Dough and Microwave should never be used in the same sentence.
12. Super glue is forever.
13. No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on
14. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
15. VCR's do not eject PB&J sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
18. You probably do not want to know what that odor is.
19. Always look in the oven before you turn it on. Plastic toys do not like ovens.
20. The fire department in Austin, TX has a 5-minute response time.
21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
22. It will however make cats dizzy.
23. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
24. The mind of a six-year-old is wonderful.
Walking through the hallways at the middle school where I work, I saw a new substitute teacher standing outside his classroom with his forehead against a locker.
I heard him mutter, "How did you get yourself into this?"
Knowing that he was assigned to a difficult class, I tried to offer moral support.
"Are you okay?" I asked. "Can I help?"
He lifted his head and replied, "I'll be fine as soon as I get this kid out of his locker
Thought For The Day
No matter what storm you faceâ€¦ God loves you. He has not abandoned you.
Just to hold us off until Joan is "back in the saddle".
Let us know what you're having for breakfast. And don't forget to leave some in the hidey hole!
Eighty-Third Challenge for you all
suggested by junee who won the last Challenge.
Thanks to junee for suggesting this topic. She was the winner of our last Challenge entitled "HEIRLOOM/KEEPSAKE APPAREL AND JEWELRY". Thanks junee!
February 17, 2017, 12:17:50 pm
HELP US CONGRATULATE THE WINNERS
Seniors and Friends
Mini Challenge #82~HEIRLOOM/KEEPSAKE APPAREL AND JEWELRY
Thank you to everyone who entered the
----st Seniors and Friends Mini Challenge
and thank you to everyone who voted.
See all the entries HERE