September 16, 2021, 08:18:32 AM

News:

WELCOME HOME TO S&F!!
We're glad you found us and now we hope all of our members will do the same--find us!  Please pass the word around by email, Facebook, etc.
Re-register and then go to INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Random Image

bangkok-roof2

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

September 16, 2021, 08:18:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Jun 16 2021 10:02pm
Beverly: We see you Carol! Join is in Norm's Bait and Tackle or The Soda Shoppe!

Jun 15 2021 12:02pm
Carol: Hello all!  I hope this brings me back .  ''Jenny - hugs to you and Bob.   Take care everyone!

Jun 15 2021 11:58am
Carol:  :)  Hello everyone~  I hope you see my greeting! 

Apr 28 2021 12:00pm
sunluvngal: Good morning everybody, wishing you all a happy day...Another beautiful day in Havasu! :)

Feb 24 2021 8:23pm
mycheal: Spring  thaw has arrived here :)

Feb 21 2021 3:49pm
Oldiesmann: Ours is finally melting.

Feb 20 2021 8:05am
so_P_bubble: 4 inches in Jerusalem!

Feb 13 2021 11:01am
Oldiesmann: Anyone else buried in snow? We got 8 inches here Monday into Tuesday, another half inch or so Wednesday and more is coming next week

Jan 22 2021 12:28pm
Pooch1: One of these days AARP will begin flooding your mailbox, too! (IMHO it's in the business of selling things.)

Jan 21 2021 11:26pm
Oldiesmann: Reader's Digest thinks I'm a senior citizen now apparently. I got a subscription offer in the mail saying they'd approved a "special seniors discount" for me

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

Marilyn...
...have to admit, i now feel lighter.. :thumbup:

" look after our planet, it is the only one we have "   

Tomereader1

Well, I'm still going to the salon whenever I need a "serious" haircut!  I'm not quite there yet, but the bangs portion was down past my brows, and that is a definite "no-no" for me.  So, into the bathroom I go after my shower/shampoo, put newspaper in the sink, grab a comb and scissors, bam, no bothersome bangs.  I did this once before and it worked okay, but today I cut a bit shorter.  Have what the British refer to as a "fringe".  By the time it grows out, I will be ready to visit my hairdresser.  She will be thrilled $$.

CallieOK

Good Evening,

I've continued to go to the hairdresser regularly.  Still hold a mask over my mouth/nose while she's right above me at the shampoo station but don't always keep it on during blowdrying/curling.  We're both vaccinated and her station is far enough from the others that I feel safe.

I was up, dressed, had the bed made and the garage door open before 6:00 a.m. this morning.  I saw the first roofer vehicle pull up at exactly 6:15 - and they got right to work on both buildings.  Reason I made my bed was our solar lights were being replaced and installers would have to come into my bathroom.  They arrived about 8:30.

It was a long day but not as noisy as I expected - although the tap tap tapping meant no napping.  I did enjoy sitting near my front window reading and watching the action. Couldn't have gone anywhere if I'd wanted to because driveway was blocked with a huge trash cart. 

Not a speck of trash could be seen when they pulled out about 5:30 p.m. They even used a big magnet on a pole (looked like a mop) to go over every inch of the yard/sidewalks and street to pick up stray nails.

Enough excitement for this gal!  I plan on having a leisurely day tomorrow.

Sleep well, Everyfriend and have Pleasant Dreams.  (Hope you did sleep well and had pleasant dreams, Jackie.

Vanilla-Jackie

Oh i have lost count the times i cut my own hair over the years but, my MS nerve damage right hand now wont let me although i often do cut my fringe but i cant get my hand doing the back of me....

so_P_bubble

Just a note to let you know: in an hour time I will turn the computer off and will be unavailable for the next 30 or so hours. I'll be fasting for our Yom Kippur.  So if I don't answer you'll know why, it is not ignoring you :)

Beverly

Bubble - Yom Tov.......Have an easy fast.

Beverly

Good morning from Florida!

Life has its ups and downs but lately ours has more downs than ups.

The ups are my three new great-grandchildren. They are beautiful and I get daily pictures, videos and updates. The twins are still in the hospital. They were transferred from NICU to the "transition" room. Recently they set Brynn up in a private room where she can be with the babies 24/7. James is doing well and nearly ready to be discharged. Beverly still has digestive issues. She vomits at least once a day and still has tube feeding. The doctors say this is normal for a preemie and it will get better. I sure hope so! She is healthy otherwise and is now over 6 lb.

Keani is now 8 wks. old and growing! So cute!

The downs are our health. The NTM (non-tubercular mycobacterium) has been making me feel ill a lot and unable to do much. Chape gave me a scare with low blood oxygen but the C-Pap is helping that. He's had kidney disease for years and it's beginning to look like he'll have to be on dialysis.

It's such a big help to have Donna living close by. She's coming over soon to run an errand for me and pick up my grocery shopping list.

Another down is our daughter, Lauri, (grandmother to the new babies) came down with Covid, probably the Delta variant. She was vaccinated 8 months ago with the Phizer vaccine. She was very sick for about two weeks. She now tests negative but has a "croupy" cough and wheezing. We're hoping this won't be a long term effect.

I need to get my list ready now, but will try to get back with some comments later. (minus doom and gloom!)

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Beverly, Ellen was a preemie (9 weeks early) and, although I don't remember her being in a "transition room", I do remember that she and her parents spent the night before she went home in a room by themselves near the NICU.  A really good idea to give them a bit of experience while professionals were there to help and advise.

Good that Lauri now tests negative - and hoping that her cough/wheezing go away soon.  Don't know about pollen allergies in your area - but in this one, it could be hard to tell which is which.

So sorry about your and Chap's health issues.  This "Aging Process" is sometimes scary and most times just plain annoying....IMHO.

Bubble, am sure I missed wishing you an Easy Fast before you turned off your computer.  So I'll wish you a Good Yom Kippur for when you come back.

I'm getting started on "leisurely" taking care of post-roofing Domestic Duties.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Vanilla-Jackie

Beverley...i always say " if its not one thing, its another "

Marilyne

Beverly:   You've had more than your share of health issues to deal with this month!    Both you and Chape, with serious problems,  plus the expected issues with the preemie twins!  Sounds like James, will be going home soon, and I'll be hoping that little Beverly will follow within a few days.

Sorry about your daughter Lauri, getting Covid, even though she was vaccinated.   I can relate to that problem, as my granddaughter Ashley, has had a bad case of Covid/Delta Variant, and has been very sick.   She also had been fully vaccinated, with the Moderna vaccine, in March.  Her daughter,  my great-grand, age 13, came down with it first, and was also very sick.  She had not yet been vaccinated.   Obviously Ashley caught it from her daughter, but I wonder WHY, as it had only been six months since her shot?    It seems that people are getting a lot sicker, a lot faster, from the Delta/Variant. 

Anyway, I will be thinking about you and Chape and your whole family, and sending prayers and good wishes your way!     

Denver

Yesterday at 02:36:52 PM #20830 Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:39:57 PM by Denver
GOOD MORNING. We had a
cool morning with a bit of a nip in the air🍂🍁

It has been a busy week.  Monday I went to my surgeons office.  They took X-rays and my new shoulder looks good to them‼️  They removed all of the bandages and liked how my wound looks. We discussed my left hip pain more and they want me to go see the surgeon that did my hip replacement back in 2011. As far as they can tell from the X-ray taken in March, the prosthetic looks good, but they see a lot of degeneration in my lower back and fear that is what causing the hip pain😩😩 I will see hip man next week and find out what he thinks.

We became the new owners of a beautiful sectional sofa yesterday afternoon. I love it, but Bob thinks it is just too big for our area😩😩 We got it from our son and DIL that are moving out of state.

My PT had to cancel this morning.  I will see her Friday.  I will miss her not gently moving my arm as it feels so good. 

BEVERLY, good to hear a report on the babies😘🙏. Sorry to read of the "downers"😩😩

I was able to get my hair cut last week.....unfortunately, I am not real pleased with the cut, but at least it is manageable for Bob to help me keep it down😆

Our AR DIL was confirmed with Covid this week so the 3 of them are quarantined. ....she has been vaccinated and does not feel bad at all.  She is a middle school RN. Half the school is out with Covid😡

Enjoy your day.

Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Yesterday at 02:41:40 PM #20831 Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:43:15 PM by Vanilla-Jackie
Jenny...same here, haircut yesterday, not as pleased with it as last time, which was my first time, same salon, same Senior Stylist..

Degeneration is a word we do not want to be hearing..at least not a too long wait before you find out..