November 27, 2021, 07:25:51 AM

News:

WELCOME HOME TO S&F!!
We're glad you found us and now we hope all of our members will do the same--find us!  Please pass the word around by email, Facebook, etc.
Re-register and then go to INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Random Image

bash

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

November 27, 2021, 07:25:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Jun 16 2021 10:02pm
Beverly: We see you Carol! Join is in Norm's Bait and Tackle or The Soda Shoppe!

Jun 15 2021 12:02pm
Carol: Hello all!  I hope this brings me back .  ''Jenny - hugs to you and Bob.   Take care everyone!

Jun 15 2021 11:58am
Carol:  :)  Hello everyone~  I hope you see my greeting! 

Apr 28 2021 12:00pm
sunluvngal: Good morning everybody, wishing you all a happy day...Another beautiful day in Havasu! :)

Feb 24 2021 8:23pm
mycheal: Spring  thaw has arrived here :)

Feb 21 2021 3:49pm
Oldiesmann: Ours is finally melting.

Feb 20 2021 8:05am
so_P_bubble: 4 inches in Jerusalem!

Feb 13 2021 11:01am
Oldiesmann: Anyone else buried in snow? We got 8 inches here Monday into Tuesday, another half inch or so Wednesday and more is coming next week

Jan 22 2021 12:28pm
Pooch1: One of these days AARP will begin flooding your mailbox, too! (IMHO it's in the business of selling things.)

Jan 21 2021 11:26pm
Oldiesmann: Reader's Digest thinks I'm a senior citizen now apparently. I got a subscription offer in the mail saying they'd approved a "special seniors discount" for me

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarsGal

Okay,Shirley and Rammel. I believe I have seen yours while browsing Amazon, but yours, Shirley, look new to me.

In a little while I will be heading up to Jack Williams to get a whole new set of tires for my car.

Beverly

November 24, 2021, 09:41:15 PM #21151 Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 09:42:55 PM by Beverly
Wishing a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

This will be my first holiday without Chape. Not having him at the table is going to difficult! Donna is having dinner at her house. Granddaughter, Erin, her husband Keith and G-grandson Brody are here from Vermont. I'll be riding over with Michael and Jennifer. Donna is adding a touch of the south to her dinner with sweet potato pie and corn bread stuffing.

Marilyn - I don't know if it's that way for you but music just doesn't sound the same with my hearing aid. It could be because I have only one ear that hears!

For watching TV Michael gave me some high quality speakers. They have Wi-Fi and I can wear them anywhere in the house or yard and listen to music channels, etc.

MaryPage

I have never cottoned to listening to stuff with ear thingies, except for listening to audio books while walking back in the day when I walked for miles.  But for TV watching, so I can mute my set or have it at a decent noise level, one of my sons bought me a set of SENNHEISER ears that I can also push a button and switch to people listening.  I never use them for the latter, though.  They are quite wonderful for the TV, as I don't have to let the whole world know I am watching TV.  These condos are actually very well sound proofed; but I worry anyway.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EACH & EVERY ONE!!

Beverly

MaryPage - Mine are Sennheiser also. They're great. I like that I can be here in the office on my computer (I use a PC) and listen to the TV in the living room.

CallieOK

My son gave me some TV Ears (as are advertised in the AARP magazine).  I like them but wish they were earphones instead of earbuds.
May have to investigate the Sennheisers.

Sons/dils/Grands are spending the day with "the other side of the families" (i.e. "the in-laws").  So my dinner will be catered...by Stouffer, Birds Eye, Del Monte and Jello.  ;)

Back to watching the Macy's Parade.

:pumpkinpie:

Marilyne

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MORNING!
A beautiful sunny day here so far.  Supposed to be in the low 70's today. 
Older daughter and granddaughter have been here for a few days, and will be leaving on Friday for home.  Younger daughter will be here soon, and they will start preparing the TG dinner.  It's actually already "prepared", but still takes some time to heat and cook everything.   

Our son and his family will not be with us today.  They always spend TG with is wife's parents and her brother and three sisters and their families. We will see them next weekend for the annual Lutefisk dinner.   

Best wishes to everyone, that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, with family or friends! ❤️

Denver

A good day after Thanksgiving Greeting to ALL 🦃 

I hope you all had as happy and enjoyable Thanksgiving Day as we did. We joined our son, DIL and Jonah at DIL's parents home.  They prepared the most delicious traditional Thanksgiving Dinner.  It was wonderful.  We are so blessed to have been included🦃. We had to drive 40 minutes south to their beautiful home.  Her mother decorated their home to the nth degree. Big beautiful tree....just lovely. 🌲

The only problem with being the guests is NO leftovers😩. There were 8 adults and three little ones, so we pretty much ate most of the food, so not much to share🤪🤪

My typing arm is so painful I can barely type, so I am sorry I have not been posting.  I have taken three breaks to get this done so forgive me if I did not comment to all.

I can not stand ear plugs in my ears, so I purchased a set called  Aftershokz and they fit in front of my ears on the bone that transfers it to your ears.  Because the ear is uncovered you can freely hear everything around you.  I even swim with mine..... not underwater....of course.  I love them.

Enjoy this beautiful day and prayers for all who are in need.

Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Beverly

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving dinner. We had a lovely dinner at Donna's. I had something "new to me", a baked corn pudding made with sour cream and cream cheese (plus some other things). It was really good!

Callie - Your "catered" dinner sounds like my idea of cooking! I don't cook much anymore.

Jenny - It's nice to have dinner sometimes where you can just sit and enjoy it!  :) Donna sent leftovers home with me so I had that for supper tonight. Still have enough for another day.

Marilyn - You'll have to tell us about your Lutefisk dinner!

When I got up this morning Michael was outside trimming the shrubs and doing other landscaping work. I suggested that we hire someone but he insisted he wants to do it. Like father like son!