Random Image

Cherry blossoms in full bloom

Owner: Sato
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 10, 2021, 07:54:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Feb 24 2021 8:23pm
mycheal: Spring  thaw has arrived here :)

Feb 21 2021 3:49pm
Oldiesmann: Ours is finally melting.

Feb 20 2021 8:05am
so_P_bubble: 4 inches in Jerusalem!

Feb 13 2021 11:01am
Oldiesmann: Anyone else buried in snow? We got 8 inches here Monday into Tuesday, another half inch or so Wednesday and more is coming next week

Jan 22 2021 12:28pm
Pooch1: One of these days AARP will begin flooding your mailbox, too! (IMHO it's in the business of selling things.)

Jan 21 2021 11:26pm
Oldiesmann: Reader's Digest thinks I'm a senior citizen now apparently. I got a subscription offer in the mail saying they'd approved a "special seniors discount" for me

Jan 01 2021 8:00am
Amy: Happy New Year to you also !

Dec 31 2020 11:16pm
Oldiesmann: Happy new year everyone!

Dec 18 2020 8:22am
mycheal: Ya all stay safe now  >:(

Nov 29 2020 1:51pm
Oldiesmann: You're welcome. Glad you like it :)

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharonE

Yes, Mary, we've had lovely temps too and SUN!! However the rain is to return tomorrow & part of Sat. We actually reached 86 yesterday!

Jane, glad you had a good visit with your sister & bil. Hope the laundry doesn't take too long. That is one household chore I don't mind too much.I agree about the rollercoaster temps & weather being hard on the joints.

I had a much better bridge day this Tuesday and had 2 full tables, so no table hopping.

My cleaning girl didn't come yesterday, so am waiting for her today. The maintenance guy did come and looked at the tree I'm trying to get cut down and said he will try to get it on the list. The landscape company has been cutting down and removing a bunch of old trees and redoing the landscaping around the main building, so I hope it will be approved for ours. It is a trash tree that sheds bark, leaves, flowers, berries, the latter all year long and they get tracked into the house because it is right next to the walk by the front door. I have no idea what kind of tree it is, but I hate it. The squirrels also use it as a ladder to the roof! Oh well, enough of that.

I hope everyone has a good day. Lori is better. Hasn't gotten the final word on the job yet but should soon. She's still in the running.  Sharon

maryz

jane, fortunately your laundry can be done piecemeal.  Glad you had a good visit.  I'm glad to be able to spend some time with Margaret a couple of times a week. And with other daughters when possible.

Sharon, our cleaning gal got to our rooms for the first time in several weeks. She's been substituting for an RA in the Memory Unit.  Our wastebaskets are emptied and beds made daily by the RAs in our section, so that's not a problem.

We had lots of rain overnight. Margaret took me for a quick followup to the cardiologist this morning and there was a severe thunderstorm alert while we were there. The folks here all got herded into an unwindowed corridor, but it was all over by the time we left the doctor. And no damage that I've heard of.

Super news for me - I have an appointment for a mani/pedi next week. I had asked our ED if that would be possible, and she sort of said it was a "don't ask/don't tell" thing. So we just decided to do it.  ;)
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Same story on the rain here..on and off, but only low 50s. 

I've still got laundry in the basement to do, but joints hurting, so it can wait.

I did get out to WalMart for some groceries.  I needed a dessert to take to couple who's still staying in, except for his therapy and church.  I picked up an 8 piece variety cheesecake and that'll do.

Take care and stay safe,

Jane
"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." ― Lao Tzu