Random Image

Babe

Owner: Amy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

January 27, 2020, 07:36:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Jan 26 2020 8:15pm
brian: your minnit  or snarl's?

Jan 26 2020 8:14pm
brian: what  chat  yu  talking  about  oldies?

Jan 26 2020 2:10pm
Oldiesmann: Nicknames should work properly in the chat now. I had a typo in the code that was putting a quotation mark in the wrong spot.

Jan 25 2020 3:55pm
brian: POOCH   interesting----when i leave any site  I just  go  LOL

Jan 25 2020 3:31pm
Pooch1: Oh, BTW.  Happy to see the correct time showing.  TY for that, too :)

Jan 25 2020 3:29pm
Pooch1: I just had a nice chat with Snarl.  The room needs some directions as to how to post (click Enter on your desktop) and how to exit (click on your name and scroll down to disconnect.)

Jan 24 2020 11:23am
brian: https://minnit.chat/SeniorChatZone  will   get you  to a new   chat thats looking  for    chatters -Owners user name is  SNARL-she is a nice person--since its new  few yet  go there but she  authorized me to  notify    anyone

Jan 22 2020 11:53pm
Oldiesmann: Will add a link to the menu soon

Jan 22 2020 11:52pm
Oldiesmann: Added a chatroom via Minnit Chat, and it should use your name even if you haven't registered an account with them... Let me know how it works for you. https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?page=chat

Jan 21 2020 3:00pm
Pooch1: TY, Oldies, for all your hard work. :)

Pets

Started by so_P_bubble, July 28, 2018, 12:53:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

Mary Ann

Naturally, I had to watch beyond the end and saw some pretty cute kitten antics, even a couple that Kendrick might go for. 

Mary Ann

angelface555

I wish Farrah did! She plays with straws or the toy mouse attached to the curtain rods by a long rubber string and not much else or that frequently.

angelface555

so_P_bubble

You cannot see attachments on this board.

I believe many here have cat or dog allowing you to "share"?   ;D

so_P_bubble

https://www.boredpanda.com/bengal-cat-spots-fur-thor/

This cat is certainly the MOST BEAUTIFUL cat in the world!

angelface555

Some bengals have lovely eyes and coats. However, they are loud and sometimes destructive!

Mary Ann

My half-Bengal is nothing like the one pictured.  He does disappear when there are strangers around, he does not cuddle, and he is not destructive or loud.  He is a good cat.

Mary Ann

Amy

Bubble, I don't think the dogs or maybe even cats understand the word share..tis every man for himself when it comes to getting bed space here.
I can't change the direction of the wind,
but I can adjust my sails
to always reach my destination.

Jimmy Dean

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

angelface555

5 Ways You're Accidentally Enabling Your Cat's Bad Behavior

"Cats usually only do things that are in their own best interest. While this self-serving attitude often earns them a reputation for being "untrainable", understanding how cats work is exactly how you'll train them. For instance, if you want your cat to stop scratching the side of the couch, you'll need to provide an alternative that'll be irresistible to your cat. She'll stop scratching the couch as long as her need to scratch is met with a better option, like the perfect scratching post. The key is to lay the groundwork that'll allow your cat to decide for herself that her bad behavior isn't benefiting her as much as a good one."

https://tinyurl.com/s3m3tzf

so_P_bubble

Can you relate?

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Here's a sad and troubling news story about two Golden Retrievers, that we saw on our evening news last night.  A local couple left their dogs with a Pet sitting service when they went on vacation for a week.  (rover.com) Apparently, the dogs were sedated/drugged, the entire time the couple were gone.  They returned a day early, and went to get the dogs, and found them in a drugged state.  Stories like this are so infuriating, because you know that the company will not get charged, and will probably open again under a new name.   I haven't seen any follow-up on this story, either on the News channel or in the paper.
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/san-jose-couples-dogs-allegedly-sedated-by-pet-sitters/2219442/

Mary Ann

Marilyn, how sad.  Not that any pets should be sedated, but goldens are such gentle dogs, it is hard to see why anyone would drug them.  The video showed them to be such lovely dogs.

Mary Ann

Amy

Marilyn, that is so sad. I hope they get charged to the hilt. Here in Ontario the rule have changed finally  and now the fines are a lot steeper, not steep enough for me but it is a start. We had a Golden and they are such a passive breed, not a mean bone in their body at least with ours.
I can't change the direction of the wind,
but I can adjust my sails
to always reach my destination.

Jimmy Dean

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

angelface555

In YouTube news videos from NYC and Chicago, there are stories of dog walkers and pet sitters ripping the owners off, stealing, and selling whatever they can get their hands on while ignoring the dogs completely.

I left my cats once in the mid-eighties while I spent nine days hospitalized for surgery. Even though the proprietors were vetted by Pet Pride, they still were kept in small chicken wire cages with the owners saying they were let out and played with twice daily.

I was not pleased and would never have one it except I was in the hospital and my sister took them to the pet sitters. They had an hourly and a daily rate but while it seemed expensive at the time, I don't remember the amount.