Random Image

AZ MAY 2004 (72).JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:49:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

2023-11-28, 19:20:53
JeanneP: Now I seem to be able to get into some without it going back to 2016. I have been trying to get ahold of Junnee but see her posting but can find where, Just want her to know that I will again use the EM adress she shows on Here and write, Mine in still 

2023-11-08, 19:12:15
JeanneP: Will give that a try. Sound like should work

2023-11-02, 11:36:21
Oldiesmann: It's not the best solution but it's the only thing that will prevent the forum from thinking you haven't read anything

Soda Shoppe for March 15, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, March 15, 2021, 05:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

Busy day!  Had a regular "maintenance" dentist appointment (all well) - then took check for bill by optometrist office (due today; I received it Saturday!!!!), got glasses tightened and took manilla envelope and box for returning t.v. remote that had to be replaced to post office for mailing.
I learned there that returning a box with address label saying USPS Ground Mail has to be taken to another place; that location wasn't on my route and I was tired of dealing with traffic...so I came home!!!!

Shirley,  I already had the history of both houses plus pictures of the way they used to be. Actually have the original page of the catalog grandparent's house was ordered from (Gordon-VanTine...not Sears).
 Really wouldn't have been appropriate to do a video and, when I asked the guys if anyone took pictures they said they were too busy looking and talking to the couple showing us around to even think about it.  I doubt that anyone will be interested in seeing the houses again and I think the couple will make sure the guys see the office floor when restoration is finished.
I'm satisfied and still glowing about the day.

Jenny, sounds as if things are going pretty well for you.  "Slow but Sure" is the byword. :smitten:
 Carson won't be moving to Bentonville because he's been assigned to a huge project near Dallas. He does get a housing stipend in addition to his salary. Good thing he has a month between graduation and start date.

Time to find something for lunch.  Thought about stopping for fast food on the way home but nothing sounded good.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere a Merry Monday.

JaneS

A quick good night to everyfriend!  Having a sick animal is harder than having a sick child, I think.  You can put the child in bed or on the sofa and mostly they'll sleep but a dog is constantly wandering the house and looking for a place to barf or go and you need to follow them constantly so you can take them out when necessary.  I'm all in but my shoe strings tonight and they're coming in fast.  So I'm off to hit the haystack and I hope Mickie is ready to conk out for the night. 

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy Spring day tomorrow.  And may God blessy us, every one.  And may you all feel better!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

good morning everyone I looked in but did not post last evening. we Had a long visit with the Lawler yesterday. we are going to court a 3 day trial to try to get our place back in our name. I tell you all think clearly before signing anything. what we thought to be a true friend coned us into selling our place and supposed to have lifetime rights and then he has tried to kick us out. and so far we have spent $10,000 in legal fees and are not to the end yet. it is called exportation if I spelled it correctly. Have a good day.stress causes heart attacks I have had four so far. no fun,

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning...

The day is to be overcast and may get some rain. Temp is sitting at 30° at the moment. Yesterday went well, noticed a bit of flooding of banks on the way home. One fellows garden area is totally under water and will get worse.

Today is a multitude of jobs to do.not sure if we will get them all done . Need information of triple mix for the trugs,  check on where I can get cardboard to lay on the ground under the trugs and put some in  them and  drop off a script.

Jane, did the vet give you an answers on why Mickie is sick? In the city, dogs have been picking up candy laced with pot??? Kids take their parents  pot candy and when they taste it ,throw it away. This is all thanks to our powers that be when he legalized marijuana.

Lloyd, no point in telling you to stop worrying but it will only hurt you and not make anything change. You need to look after you..

Phyliss, I am not a fan of thunderstorms only because they really bother Babe. Nothing will calm her down.

Patricia, where are you???

Callie, good for Carson! Is Dallas an area he wants to be in?

Enjoy your day and stay safe..   
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  AMY, right now, we have the same temp you do and it's COLD!  We're supposed to reach the mid 60s later today but that's only for a couple of hours.  I take it!

I didn't call the vet because Mickie seemed to be improving and beginning to keep down small amounts of regular food.  Last night she told me in no uncertain terms that she wanted to go out and she proved it when we went.  She also ate a decent meal last night and slept through the night.  I think it was something she picked up and ate outside and it upset her insides.  This morning she at a decent meal and as soon as I get dressed we'll take a walk and then we'll see.

LLOYD, good luck with you "due process" when you go to court.  I hope it all works out the way you need it to do!

Good Morning to whoever else shows up!  I wish you all a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow.

Shirley

So glad Mickie is better this morning, Jane, regardless of what non-pet owners might think, it
is as nerve wracking to have a sick pet as a sick child, right?  Hugs...

Amy, my Tom is as afraid of storms as your Babe.... he hides in the hall as long as he can keep track of where I am, where he can't see the flashes of lightning or hear the thunder as much.

Have a pan of brownies in the oven to take to the eye doc's office. They have a coupon for the eye drops that should help bring the price down some from the well over $200 discount price at the pharmacy. She gave me a sample to try & no bad reaction & since the implanted alternative used on the other eye was thought to be the cause of weeks of redness/conjunctivitis, got to use this. I put lots of pecans in the brownies so "they are good for us"  ;) ....  My motorhome mechanics always ask to make sure, if I'm going to bring them brownies. Doesn't make the bill any cheaper but I know they are more careful so I make it home okay! As my mama always said, "Treat people the way you'd like to be treated" and this whole eye group has gone above & beyond taking care of my crazy eyes. Tiger is waiting for a treat. Tom in my bedroom asleep & Callie laying in the sun asleep. Life is good.....

patricia19

Good morning, I'm here. There's just nothing to talk about that hasn't been said before. It's twenty-four degrees presently heading toward a high of thirty-five. The snow is melting, looks like dirty clumps of cotton out there with lots of humidity. However, there is a heavy snow warning for the northwest of here which may bring even more snow.

Shirley

Turns out that coupon for Lotemax is only if you have part D, if anyone would have said that before I drove across town I'd have saved myself the trip. Doesn't make sense that the little vial they implanted during surgery is covered by Medicare & my Blue Cross, but the drops I must do manually cost me $227. so far. After just paying taxes I am in no mood for being hijacked by the government & pharmaceuticals for over priced anything!  :tickedoff:

Got that out of my system so need to find something to eat. Spring turned into winter today, that wind has a bite! Sure looks like the wind is pulling the blossoms right out of their little cocoons, colors showing everywhere & a green haze over all the trees today. Noticed kids down the street going by on their bikes with coats on & hoods up. Mom was walking along with her phone stuck to her ear. No wonder kids are growing up without any common sense when Mom never has time to just TALK to them. Guess I need to get my head adjusted, keep grouching about whatever comes to mind. I'm going to the corner to sit & eat worms. :sealedlips:  :whip:

Denver

Good afternoon EVERYFRIEND.  Another day.....doing pretty well I think.  Tomorrow is my doctor appointment and I am frightened to death thinking about how I am going to get dressed......comb my hair......get out of my house with steps....get into the car.....all things that I certainly take for granted with two useable arms. 😩😩😩

SHIRLEY, seniors are taken advantage of regarding medications prices all the time!  Doctors prescribe these wonderful new drugs and they tell you there are coupons to use but these coupons are for people not on Medicare....I am sorry as I feel your frustration.....if you need these drops for this eye after surgery they should be included in the cost.....GURRRRR.

PATRICIA..... good to see your post....seems all I have to talk about is complaining about ME .....the awful things going on in the world today and seniors being taken advantage of!  Hope you are feeling better now. 

JANE, I am sorry Mickie has not been feeling well, but it sounds like she is getting better, so that is good news. 

AMY, loved catching up on your day......hope it went well for you.

LLOYD, I hope and pray justice is served in your court hearing.....shame shame on that man that took advantage of you and Nancy. 

Have a good evening EVERYFRIEND.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Our day went well.got a few surprises along the way but nothing we can't deal with.
Whoever coined the phrase  "cheap as dirt" has never bought dirt for it is NOT cheap!! 

Passing Shirley the ketchup.  if you're gonna sit in the corner and eat worms you should have some sort of dipping sauce :)

Jenny ,sounds like you are in good hands and will over come this set back. Yes, the day did go well and I did get some work done here.

Jane, glad to hear Mickie is on the mend. Hope her tummy has settled down and she has a good night..

Enjoy your evening..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Good night, sweet dreams and God Bless everyone here and hiding! Big NO covid hugs all around.

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  I was supposed to go to lunch (my first outing in over a year) with some of the people I used to work with in the PA House Furniture Office.  However, Frankie overslept and she didn't have time to drop off Cooper so Mickie would have been alone and she doesn't like that since we lost Annie a while back.  So I called them and told them I'd try for the next time.

Yes, SHIRLEY, pets are just as demanding (and very loving) as children are.  But you can't explain things to them when the situation is going to be different.  And they are so loyal that I don't have the heart to make them suffer.  And I know you don't either.

The temperature came up into the low 60s this afternoon but the wind came up to and, while the sun was out, it was so windy that there was a bit of a chill still in the air.  The Daffodils are out of the ground and blooming their little heads off and so are the tulips.  I keep singing "Daffy down dilly has come up to town, in a yellow peticoat and a green gown..." remembered from my school days.

Now I'm off to the haystack.  I have some recipes laid out that I want to try tomorrow so it will be an "eating" day for me.  Frankie is off so will probably stop by and maybe help me with the eating part.

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy, Spring day tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

DARN IT!  I keep wanting to comment on your hometown visit, CALLIE and I keep forgetting.  That must have been a special day for all of you!  I can just imagine!

Amy

Good morning..

We are to have more rain today but starting  out with a temp of 45° is ok!
Another day of very little planned other than pick up a few things for my friend and then home to do ...whatever :)))

Jane hope Mickie is back to her old self today..

Sure wish we would hear from Gloria and Joy.

Enjoy your day and stay safe..

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good morning to AMY and whoever else shows up in here later today. 

AMY, I got up to 54º this morning and it was wonderful.  The sun is peeping out from behind the clouds and it looks like it's going to be a good day.  And I'm not going to dweell on the fact that "they" are promising us temps in the low 30s overnight and tomorrow and they are even promising us snow tomorrow!  I refuse to even think about it!

I have sweet potato soup cooking for supper and I'm working on a casserole for lunch.  When Frankie stops by, if WalMart is on her agenda today, I'm going to have her grab a couple of apples so I can make AMY's bread pudding...maybe tomorrow.

I'm in cooking mode this week! 

I wish you all a good day....better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

Hello, Joy and Gloria if your looking in!

phyllis

Yesterday was such a beautiful day that I hated to see it end.  Today we are supposedly back to the "new norm" of severe storms this afternoon.  The fickleness of Spring.

I am having trouble with my left foot so I spent most of the day yesterday emailing back and forth to my primary doctor about her referral to a vascular physician.  That was, according to her, accomplished and now I'm waiting for a call from the vascular doctor's office to set up an appointment.  I would give anything I could to not start up with yet another doctor but I guess it is necessary once again.

I've given practically no thought to Easter but must remember to move the 8 1/2 lb. ham to the fridge tomorrow to thaw for three days....in time to put it in the oven for Sunday dinner.  What to have to go with it....at the moment, I have no idea.  :idiot2:

Jane, I have thought for a very long time to mention to you but kept forgetting.  When we lived in NY we had a Pennsylvania House furniture store there and I would look in at their showroom and yearn.  I loved their furniture....just the beautiful style that appealed to me.

I hope everyone is feeling better and that life is smoother for All today.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. 36º and sunny here this morning headed for upper 50's.
well this morning is the first day of a three day trial to try to get our place back. I once tell you all make sure what you are signing there are people out there that will take advantage of us old people. dont learn it the hard way like we have. pray for us, we may loose our home, have a good day.

Lloyd

JaneS

PHYLLIS, with the PA House factory right here in town, I got used to seeing it around.  Then when I was about to be married, we went shopping at the one and only furniture store in town.  It was owned by the father of one of my best (boy) friends and he showed us a lot of things.  I didn't really like the modern stuff on the first floor and I finally said, "don't you have anything that isn't this light color?"  He said, "Come with me".  And as soon as we got upstairs and into the PA House stuff, I found exactly what I wanted.  My bedroom is still what we bought that day!  And then when I went to work in the office at the factory, we got everything at cost plus 10%.  And I added some special pieces. 

CALLIE has a couple pieces of PA House furniture, too.  I was a Customer Service Rep and we each had a territory in the US that was our special place.  I had, the West Coast, Oklahoma, Canada and the rest of the world.  No one else wanted to deal with the problems involved in shipping furniture out of the country so I got it all.  I once sent bed side rail replacements to Lebanon (the country, not the town in Pa).  I loved my job.

And I still love my furniture!

JaneS

I just stopped by to say "Good Night" but I can say that to myself without coming here.  So I'll just wish anyone who stops by a good tomorrow! 

so_P_bubble