Random Image

fe2

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:40:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

2023-11-28, 19:20:53
JeanneP: Now I seem to be able to get into some without it going back to 2016. I have been trying to get ahold of Junnee but see her posting but can find where, Just want her to know that I will again use the EM adress she shows on Here and write, Mine in still 

2023-11-08, 19:12:15
JeanneP: Will give that a try. Sound like should work

2023-11-02, 11:36:21
Oldiesmann: It's not the best solution but it's the only thing that will prevent the forum from thinking you haven't read anything

Soda Shoppe for April 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, April 01, 2021, 12:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Lloyd, I had to look that catfish up.......my goodness that is a big fish!! Unusual looking fish too!! Can you can them?  My neighbour would can suckers and if she made you a sandwich from it ,you would think it was salmon. Canning them would make the bones go soft so you didn't have to worry about them.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

It's time to head for the haystack again!  Where do these days go? 

JENNY, I'm so glad to hear the good news from Michele!  She sure is a fighter and God must have something special planned for her here on earth.  I think part of it is to show others that life if worth whatever it takes!

I had a lazy day today.  Yesterday, when I tried to replace the filter in the fridge for the ice and water through the door, I thought I had it in and I turned out the warning light and there was no water!  Frankie tried when she came home from work and still no luck.  Icrawled around on the floor with most of the stuff out of the cupboard under the sink looking for a place to turn of the water to the fridge, not finding it and then ending up cleaning the entire area under both sinks and next to the one.  I don't do crawling on the floor and sticking my head and shoulders into the cupboards and getting up and down off the floor and lifting stuff while I'm on my knees very easily any more and I got up this morning with lots of sore spots.  I decided it was a good day to take some time off.  So I did!  And my son came by and fixed the filter.  It took him about 10 seconds1  Makes me feel old and dumb!

LLOYD, keep on keeping on!  We all need to hang in there!  As you can see, I don't give up easily and I bet you won't either!

AMY, got the recipes...radishes AND onions!  They both sound good for additions to salads and also sandwich toppers!  I added both to my Davy's list

COOPER says, "Thanks for the compliments".  Today was his birthday so it was a good time to get them.

Also, after Frankie and I talked about all of you and then she went to bed, she got back up and came out and said that I'm going to have to show her how to get on to S&F because....and she seemed to be at a loss for words.  So I said, "In case something happens to me you can let them know?"  She grinned and said "Yes, but I hope not very soon!"  I thought that was pretty perceptive of her.

Now my eyes have entered the "slamshut" stage so I better give in and take them off to bed.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy Spring day tomorrow! And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good night and sweet dreams everyone. JaneS You are correct. I wont give up, But dragging this catheter Bag around that is no place to put it out of sight, Is about to get the best of Me. stetting on the Couche almost to do the job. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Vanilla-Jackie

Lloyd...
...a goodnight from me and a good morning from me here in UK...my time is 7.am, almost 2 hours after your above posting...
" There is no present like the time "

Amy

Good morning...

Foggy this morning but we are to see some sun later on. Taking my snow tires off this morning and then home to work about. Will put some eye of round on to cook and then chop up for the dogs. Might bake bread too.

Jane, you are right!! I am enjoying the air fryer and want to try seasoned chickpeas next. All these new toys are fun to use! Plus the fryer fits in front of Hank....bonus! Glad you son fixed your problem in jig time. Let Frankie know that my son and your daughter are on FB.

Lloyd, loved talking with you and Nancy the other day. Just take it easy for a while...and try and behave. I am going to pick up the Styrofoam to use on the trug covers for next year.

Jenny, hope today is the start of a new life for Michele, pain free and on the road to recovery.

Patricia, sure hope you get to enjoy nice weather today, even if it is just looking out .

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Gloria, good morning!!! SO NICE TO SEE YOU!!!  :smitten:   Hope you are getting stronger each day!!
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, wide awake this morning for a change. Most days I have me breakfast and lay on the couch watching TV and sleep a couple or hours again. Finally getting to the end of all the therapists and PT folks every day. I am so tired of feeling like a test subject . I am looking forward  to peace and quiet again.

BUBBLE  thanks for fixing the link, I really enjoyed listening to those young girls sing.

AMY  feeling be tter each day but  feeling lazy, do not want  to do much of anything.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Gloria...
...while you are here i shall wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow just in case you dont show in tomorrow for whatever reasons...I am aware it is a milestone Birthday...

phyllis

I don't remember what song it is or any of the rest of the words but all I could think of this morning was "You lift me up" when I came to the Soda Shoppe this morning.  Seeing posts from friends who haven't been here for awhile and hearing mostly good news about families "lifted me up".

So happy that Michelle's surgery went so well, Jenny.  I know her recovery will go well, too.  And I'm also sending good thoughts that your shoulder is getting better.

Amy, I'm sorry about Peepers.  Doesn't matter what kind of body they wear they are still our little friends and we miss them when they leave us.

Jane, if it was me down on the floor crawling around I would still be there.  I'm amazed that you got back up.  Hope the sore spots are getting better.  I talked to an appliance guy and he told me that if we lived in an area where the local water supply was trust worthy we didn't need to use the fridge filter.  Our town's water always gets a top safety rating so I quit replacing fridge filters years ago.

Lloyd, sitting on the couch is OK but if the weather is good sitting out on the porch will make you feel even better.  I hope today is a better day for you.

Oh, yes, Shirley, when I think of Kansas I always think of the wind.  It's been breezy here in NC the last few days with LOTS of pollen.  Hang in there.....the trees and grass should quit their spring growth eventually!

So good to see you here, Jackie.  I remember Karren very well.  She was always so kind and a good PSP buddy.  I think Bubble brought her to SN in the beginning.

And, Gloria, you sound like your old self.  I sleep a lot, too, but if that is what the old body needs then I won't argue.  Besides, it wouldn't do any good.  ;)

Patricia/Angel, progress sounds good for you, too, both in your getting around and in the Alaskan weather. Sounds like things are looking up.

Sandy, every time I see a post from you I have a good memory of Maine.  We spent a couple of summer vacations on the Maine southern coast.  Loved that whole rocky coastline but the water sure was cold...even in July!

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

Got my summer tires on and a lot of new parts too!! OUCH..but it was needed..

Phyllis ,this is the one I enjoy............hope it works for you.

https://tinyurl.com/2k89688f

Better get some work done...goofed in the morning at the garage....

Jimmy Dean

phyllis

Thank you, Amy.  That's the one....even though I changed the word the meaning is the same.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Vanilla-Jackie

Phyllis...
...yes you are right, the memory is coming back to me, re, the help and advice Karren gave me when i joined our PSP card group...Wow, was that really 10 plus years ago...

Denver

A good Wednesday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND 💐

Thank you, AMY.  Nothing finer than a listen to Josh Groban singing YOU RAISE ME UP💞 One of my very favorite pick me up songs.  I love "a start to a new life, pain free for Michele"‼️  Beautifully stated.

JANE, very true words, " Michele!  She sure is a fighter and God must have something special planned for her here on earth.  I think part of it is to show others that life if worth whatever it takes!". I like this🥰🥰

ALL OF THE KIND AND SUPPORTIVE WORDS for Michele are truly SO APPRECIATED!  I love you all for your never ending support and prayers💞💞

BUBBLE, what a treat to see our MARYPAIGE and her family celebrating her special Birthday.  I admit I often think of her and have wondered how she is getting along. 

GLORIA, wonderful to see you checking in today.  Boy do we miss you!  Thoughts and prayers for your continued health improvement 🥰 HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes for you a day early!  So pleased you are celebrating another trip around the the world! 

PHYLLIS, I assure you I am doing my darnedest to feel stronger everyday....disappointed at how quickly I "poop out" but that is what surgery does to ya. 

JACKIE, I often think back to Karren also, and her struggle to survive.  She was a trooper and I am so sad that she lost her ability to fight on💪 She was truly a beautiful lady.  Is Monty still living?  She was a source of strength  to you, as I remember🙏

No word yet on how Michele is doing, but I bet they have her up walking already! 

Hang in there SHIRLEY..... try not to over do it too much......you need to be kind to yourself, ya know! 

SANDY, you have been through so much also, and YOU are a inspiration to us all! 

Have a good day, EVERYFRIEND 😘

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Quote from: phyllis on April 14, 2021, 11:56:06 AMThank you, Amy.  That's the one....even though I changed the word the meaning is the same.

Phyllis this is another one that lifts a person up..

https://tinyurl.com/27vjs4bm
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  I'm a bit late getting here today but it sure is nice to see all of you gathered in the Soda Shoppe.

I truly enjoyed the pic of MaryPage and her family!  I've missed seeing her on the forum since she's one of the people that I've actually met face-to-face at one of the bashes...I think in Williamsport!

Nice to see GLORIS posting...and JACKIE...and PHYLLIS....and LLOYD...and AMY...and JENNY...and PATRICIA...and Bubble...and, and, and EVERYONE!  I love a crowd!

I have to get back to work.  I'm trying to make up for goofing off yesterday.  Have a good day....better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow

JaneS

Well, there was such a nice gathering in here today and then I came in and drove everyone off!  I'm so sorry for that!  What was it I said!  I take it all back!

Now I'm going to go hit the haystack and think about what I can say tomorrow to make up for whatever it was that drove you away today. ;D  :smitten:

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy Spring day tomorrow!  And may God bless us, every one!

Vanilla-Jackie

Jane...
...it wasnt you, honest, it was my bedtime that was calling me away...dont forget our timescales are different, me being here in UK, you being in America....
Time here is 5. am, i am now up and about and drinking my first cup of tea of the day....

Jane, i am posting one hour after you made your above posting..

so_P_bubble