Random Image

Puddings

Owner: Natureboy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:10:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

2023-11-28, 19:20:53
JeanneP: Now I seem to be able to get into some without it going back to 2016. I have been trying to get ahold of Junnee but see her posting but can find where, Just want her to know that I will again use the EM adress she shows on Here and write, Mine in still 

2023-11-08, 19:12:15
JeanneP: Will give that a try. Sound like should work

2023-11-02, 11:36:21
Oldiesmann: It's not the best solution but it's the only thing that will prevent the forum from thinking you haven't read anything

Soda Shoppe for April 1, 2021

Started by so_P_bubble, April 01, 2021, 12:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Lloyd, for sure whatever you do that involves someone else needs to be put on paper by a lawyer. We lived next door to a nice couple that had moved in with their uncle to take care of him his last years (quite a few). It was "understood" that the house would be theirs instead of payment for taking care of him. Don't know if they lived rent free but their kids grew up in that house. When the uncle died the will left everything to be divided among all the other kin that never did a thing for him and the couple had to move out of the house because they couldn't afford to buy it from the others. They were retired & should have had a home paid for by that time. Sadly, they did not have it done right and had spent many years taking care of him for NO pay. It was a lesson I won't forget and any time someone does something for me I PAY them for the deed and hope to leave this life owing nobody anything! I wish you a happy end to this worry, and a Happy Easter with all of your family.

Long before Cas died we had identical wills made out leaving everything to our 3 kids equally, nothing to anyone else. As my mother told us long before she died, "whatever they had left would go to us 5 kids and if they/we didn't have anything left to leave our kids, then Shame on us!" If the government stays out of our pocket we should have enough left over to make our 3 smile, but we never know how much care we'll need before that last breath, right? 

Lots to do today, like cleaning house & digging out summer clothes. Lucky the ones I've dug out so far still fit, I haven't changed weight for 30 some years (it just shifted around & doesn't look so good these days, but the clothes still fit).

This is a day to ponder and pity what Jesus' parents had to suffer so many years ago, watching their son be tortured & die when all he ever did was be kind to others. Even today we have people in power that abuse their power for selfish reasons, I'm referring to ALL politicians & people with power over others, that have no heart. Love to all and God Bless.  Shirley

Lloyd Hammond

well this Place is dead in the water, no one here since I posted early this AM.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley you are very correct, seams we learn the hard way. I just pray that this judge is a christen and god is directing him. the hard part is weighting un till he decides to send his answer to our Lawler next week. at least we have a pretty clear comfortable day. I think I will go dig some fishing worms, and when the great grand son gets home it isn't too late today to go fishing. I have promised him I would go fishing with him. enjoy your day.

Lloyd

Denver

It is a beautiful Saturday here in the Mile High City 🌸🌼🌼🌷🌹. The windows are open and the fresh air feels wonderful. 

I am sad that EVERYFRIEND is not enjoying some beautiful weather😩

LLOYD, you and Nancy are on my mind and I trust that this nightmare can be resolved in your favor.  We all have learned a hard lesson at some time in our minds and I just hope this one will rule in your favor!

SHIRLEY, my parents did a irrevocably trust.....shortly after my dear mom passed my brother stepped in and had my dad change it....we do not think the new one can possibly be legal, but from many sources we have been told it probably is!!!  Guess I do not understand the meaning of IRREVOCABLE 😡🧐😡🧐 In another case a only daughter stepped in at the last second and managed to get her mom to change the will that her dad and mom had, and awh lay, she got it all with no problems at all.  Sadly, the grandchildren that were raised by the grandparents did not fight it!  So?  Guess that is why! 

I had a telephone call from my dad a bit ago and he was so excited and happy as he had just returned from having his drivers license renewed for another four years!  I am happy for him, but do not really understand how any state would allow him to drive.  At least I know he will never be driving again, although he certainly would like to😘 

It will be a beautiful Easter Sunday here tomorrow and oh how I wish it could be a traditional one....dressing up in a cute dress and going to a special service.....seeing others enjoying themselves.  Children hunting Easter Eggs. My little Jonah will be going to his Daddy's Golf Club and will participate in a egg hunt.  They are going to do a egg hunt run for him today so he knows what to expect.  He colored eggs and had a fun time already.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday 💐

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

It's sunny and mild in central Oklahoma and supposed to stay that way until mid-week.

Jenny,  I have an irrevocable trust and think that means only the listed trustee(s) can change it.  Your brother couldn't do it himself but your Dad could - such as listing a successor Trustee since your Mom had passed.  Hopefully, he didn't change the terms of the Trust.
Hope your recovery is going as well as can be expected.
Love the "practice" egg hunt for Jonah.

Tomorrow will be a topsy-turvy Easter for me.  Family who's in town want to come for Brunch because Easter is "traditionally" the opening day for fishing with dil's family and they're planning to spend the afternoon with that group.  I haven't physically gone to church yet - so will plan to watch the rebroadcast of the service and read the paper after they've gone tomorrow afternoon.

My Brunch "assignment" is fruit salad and set-up but I have molasses cookie dough chilling and will bake those when I've wished...

...Everyfriend Everywhere a Blessed and Happy Easter Day.

JaneS

Just checking out....

Good Night Everyfriend!  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a HAPPY EASTER DAY tomorrow!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning

Happy Easter to you...quiet celebrations here today. Can't wait until families can all gather with hugs abound and sit at one tables again.

Crow is really vocal this morning. Yesterday while hanging laundry out I was listening to a sympathy of birds.....all the small birds we singing with crows cawing over head then the geese on the lake not wanting to be left out honking. The neighbour rooster who has his timing off, started crowing.

Need to get a cakes baked so I had better get at it.

Enjoy your day, stay safe and have a Happy Easter.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

I've never seen a more beautiful Easter morning.  A bit chilly perhaps but sunny.

I'm wishing everyone a.....

HAPPY EASTER!
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

:bunny:  :kitten:  :rose: Happy Easter to all! :rose:  :bunny:  :kitten:

CallieOK

A beautiful Easter morning in central Oklahoma.

I'm ready for company and ones bringing food just texted they're on the way.  Young'uns will be along...eventually. :smitten:

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable day.

Denver

A beautiful blessed
EASTER SUNDAY
to EVERYFRIEND 🐣🐥
🦋 Jenny

Amy

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

Sorry, Amy, it's not availble in my area,   :-\   

Lloyd Hammond

we Had a good Easter here. not sure how Meany was here, but around 34 I do not fore sure. I asked Nicola and she said that froe sure. I did not go down, the brought me a good plate full. this catheter Is very un culturable. I call tomorrow and get a appointment time to see prosthetics this week. I am going to go take a shower now and go to bed. sweet dreams everyone.

Lloyd

JaneS

I guess I'm not too late to say...

HAPPY EASTER, EVERYFRIEND!

We had dinner at my daughter Cathy's house and it was just the three of us.  It was very nice but we all agreed that we can't wait until we can get the family together again. The day itself was beautiful...sunshine and a light breeze...just perfect for Easter!

It's been a tiring day and I'm ready for the haystack.  AMY, the video wasn't available to me either but it looked like it might be interesting to see.  Thanks for trying.

I'm off to capture a few zzzzzs before they capture me.  I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy Spring day tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, surprise! Yes I am still alive and kicking but have been sleeping most  of the time. Don't know what I would have done without  Yvette here  5 days a week. At  least I have no t los t any more weight.
I have not read all the pos ts, tha t would  take  too long. Jus t wanted to check in and say hello  to all our "cyber" family.

Stay safe and healthy.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning..

Gloria it is so good to "see" you!!! I am sure Yvette is a God send to you and hope you will feel up to posting more when you can. You are healing when you sleep..body is not under any stress then.

Not  a busy day here but one that sends us to pick up cardboard from a furniture store. This will be put on the ground (to kill the grass) and then set the trugs on top.

I am sorry the video didn't work Jane, try this and see..

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/music/news/ontario-sisters-go-viral-with-easter-version-of-leonard-cohens-hallelujah/ar-BB1fiy2N?li=AAggFp5

Better git...

Enjoy your day and stay safe..

Jimmy Dean

so_P_bubble

Lloyd Hammond

Thanks so_P_bubble that was very pretty Nancy and I both enjoyed that.
wish I could say the same about this catheter they have on me. I do not know when I have had so much Pain. Have a good day,

Lloyd

phyllis

So good to see you, Gloria.  Sleep is good for you but glad you felt like checking in.

Another beautiful day here on what is locally called Easter Monday and is, for a few, still a holiday.  I don't know why. 

EDIT:  I googled it and found this:   After years of being the only state observing Easter Monday, North Carolina changed in 1988 and started observing Good Friday as the holiday. Backers of the change said the Monday holiday put businesses out of step with the rest of the country.

North Carolina customs can sometimes be a little strange.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

Bubble, thank you for making it work!!  :thumbup: 
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

BUBBLE and AMY, that was absolutely beautiful!  I actually had shivers listening to it!  I don't think I'll forget it soon.

We've been up and about for a while with lots of stuff to do (mostly paying bills and getting the accounts in order).  I put that job on the back of the desk pretty often but once I get started, I stick at it until I can relax and know I'm OK for a while.  I've always hated doing the "math"! 

It's a beautiful day here also...sun shining, temps in the mid 60s...the kind of day you like to out in!

GLORIA, it's so good to "see" you here!  I always do a little "chair dance" when people show up who have been gone a while!

I'm getting ready to have some lunch.  It's time and my tummy is telling me so.  I hope you are all having a good day...better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow!

patricia19

Good morning, it's only plus nine presently and the third day of an atmospheric sleet and ice storm. I've never seen this much snow or any lasting past the Easter holiday in almost seventy years.

Today I'll need to go to the bank and grocery via taxi, my first trip outside since last March fifth. It's been eight weeks and still healing.

Gloria, it's so nice to see your post!

Shirley

Cataracts gone & I made it thru!! I kept telling the crew taking care of me that "I'm not the least afraid of the surgery, (this doctor has got to be the best), but knowing they must put me out & have changed meds from last time so no way to know what these new ones will do. My BP was over 200 even with meds so another kind used that worked. Not sure I was out completely but no problems so far. After my brother dying from an almost routine procedure a year ago, because of meds.... I really wanted them to cut back all they could. It's OVER so not on with getting new glasses made & a brighter tomorrow.

Gloria, so glad to see your post. I'm guessing that having Yvette back to look after you your mind & body was ready to relax. My mother always said that "sleep is the best medicine".

Amy, thanks for trying & the thought and Bubble, thanks for finding a link so we could see it. Such a haunting melody and those girls are so talented. I do think that is one of my favorites of all religious pieces.

Must get off the computer, the light bothers my eyes. Our temp is 77° but very windy. A beautiful spring day, for sure.

Denver

A good Monday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND 💐

SO happy to see your post GLORIA.  I think about you and pray for you daily.  God bless Yvette for being there for you🥰

AMY, I could not view your site either, but now I have and it was as wonderful as I expected it to be!  Thank you BUBBLE for your assistance. 

SHIRLEY, I prayed for a successful surgery for you and I thank you for letting us know it is done and went well🥰

JANE, seems you have another busy day planned....hope it goes well.

We did go to Dave and family for Easter Dinner. It was wonderful to see them all.....our meal was wonderful.....lamb, ham, scolloped potatoes, veggie meadly, sweet potato casserole.  DELICIOUS🌸  Michele is of course still in sever pain...she is laying on the couch , getting up only to go to the bathroom with help from Dave.  She was not able to join us at the table but Dave went and sat with her and we enjoyed a nice catch up chat with the children.  Michele shared more details about her up and coming surgery.  Her spine and pelvis area is so much worse than I knew, but with thoughts and prayers and guidance of her two surgeons hands,the outcome of this surgery will be nothing short of a miracle.  God only knows this girl deserves to have the outcome be exactly what they are hoping and projecting for her🙏🙏🙏

Before we headed home Dr. Dave put on yet ANOTHER hat and removed my stitches from my arm.  It felt so good to get them out‼️

I am waiting for a call from the hospital to hear when my pre op appointment will be and what time my surgery will be scheduled on Friday. Anxious to get 'er done, but fearful at the same time😩😩

Just talked to my dad.....my brother had a accident yesterday.....he was greasing the propeller of a model airplane he was taking to his son and families home to fly before their dinner....the propeller started and sliced his arm open.  He spent the rest of the day in the emergency room getting released with 9 interior stitches and 19 outside stitches‼️‼️‼️ I never ever want to say the dreaded "what else can go wrong", but could not help but think it!

I hope many will check in and tell us about their EASTER DAY. 

HUGS and PRAYERS for EVERYFRIEND 🌷

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

Lloyd Hammond

patricia19

Easter Weekend Snow Dump

Fairbanks North Star Borough Schools will be closed on Monday as the region digs out from more than a foot of snow -- in places much more -- that fell over the Easter weekend.

The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities asked people to avoid traveling on the Parks Highway, as plows were unable to keep up from the falling and drifting snow. Some freezing rain also was reported in the area Saturday night.

Scattered power outages were reported this morning, and as the wind begins  picking up early this afternoon, more are expected.

As of 9 a.m., unofficial measurements showed more than 19 inches of snow on Old Murphy Dome Road, 14 inches in Goldstream, and almost a foot in Two Rivers. The official measurement on the University of Alaska Fairbanks campus was 12.4 inches.

DOT said conditions are very difficult, and its drivers will be focusing on Priority 1 and 2 roads today and hope to get to Priority 3 and 4 roads tonight. (See dot.alaska.gov/wintermap )

According to Weather Service measurements, that's a new two-day April snowfall record for Fairbanks, eclipsing the previous record of 11.4 inches, set in 1948. According to climatologist Rick Thoman (@AlaskaWx) "heavy snows (or rain) in Fairbanks in April are unusual. Past 106 years, only six storms produced 6" (15cm) or more accumulation in two days."

Thoman also noted that Fairbanks' snowfall between March 29-April 3 would be at least 21 inches, well more than the 1948 record of 16.9".

After the storm moves through, temperatures in the Interior will drop sharply, with lows in the double digits below zero by midweek, according to the National Weather Service.

Needless to say, my trip was postponed.

JaneS

I'm heading for the haystack.  My eyes seem to have developed a mind of their own when it comes to the "slamshuts".  They just do it when they are ready and the heck with the rest of my body.  So I'm giving in!

I wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy Spring day tomorrow. (I'm not sure how that wish will work where Patricia is.)  May God bless us, every one!

Amy

Good morning..

I was off and running first thing this morning, did the shopping and now to get jobs done here..

Patricia, I hope Spring comes to Alaska before next winter sets in!! What a time you are having with weather!

Better help with the wood...

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
Jimmy Dean